[Junk XIII] Sharing a Beer (S 1-7)

edited October 2013 in Junkworld XIII
Stitch,
Stitch
I smile and sit over by Scope and Crest- I'm not gonna turn down a free drink.

"Kim wasn't happy about it, but she understood." I reply. "What're you guys doing all the way out here?"
MC
Crest puts a mug in front of you, filled with some pretty good brew. Those Cat kids are watching you as you take a drink, weird little clones that they are. Gotta be clones, nobody around here pops out that many kids, right?

Scope leans in and says quiet, "We're trying to talk Cat into upping her brewing so we can travel round and sell it." He taps Crest's arm, "Crest and I were here on a caravan a Junkfall ago and got a few bottles of this stuff. Isn't it great?" He waits for you to take a drink of it.

The beer's not bad, really. What about it reminds you of home?

Scope grins when you drink it, "See? If we can get a crate out of her, walk it back to Boomtown, then we can sell it for enough barter to set up a run. It'd be really good for Cat's and Boomtown, a trade route that's regular, you know?"

Crest rumbles in his deep voice, "Hell, we could even kick some jingle to the Mesas to let us through, and then it might make the road safe for everyone."

Comments

• The beer reminds me of my school days, when I used to go out drinking with the other med students when we could find the time.

I raise my drink to his idea. I'm not really sure what I should say about the Mesas, so I stay quiet about them. "Sounds like a great idea!."
  • Scope shakes his head, "Crest man, those raiders are frakkin barbarians. They'd rather gut you and take stuff off your corpse than get a bribe." He looks to you, Stitch, "This guy, he kills me. All romantic about the raiders, like they're some honorable clan or somesuch."

Crest seems a tad prickly, they've had this conversation before, "You're just a pessimist, Scope. So Stitch, what about you? Did you even see the Mesas out there? We didn't see em, not one."
  • "No." I lie. "Didn't see a one." I say, not looking either in the eye.

"So what do you guys do for fun? When you're not thinking up new business ideas, that is." I say to change the subject.
  • Crest looks at his bottle. Sort of lost for words.

Scope grins, "We drink. Talk drek. Hey Crest, get us some more, yeah?" Crest nods, heads up to get more bottles.

Once Crest is clear, Scope smiles, and asks, "It's fun hangin with you. That's fun. You, uh, wanna come back to our room? I'm sure Crest'll take a walkabout. Or not. Up to you."
  • "Yeah." I reply. "I'm not looking for anything past tonight, though. Just want to make that clear."

I never would have done this before- picked up some random guy- but with Rinso all kind of tangled up between Kiddo and Svenja (and why wouldn't he be, he's fucking hot), I'm certainly not getting any from that direction. Scope is nice enough, and I haven't had sex in maybe a hundred years. I chuckle to myself at that.
  • edited October 2013
    Scope nods, "That works." He scoots back from his chair, stands up. Crest comes over, hands both y'all a bottle.

There's a silent communication between them, then Crest rumbles, "Hey, nice chatting. I'm heading over to talk with Cat. I'll see you in the mornin." Scope gently punches his shoulder, and then hands you a bottle.

I guess we end scene here with you heading off to Scope's room with him, then.

--END SCENE--