[Blades] Stealing the Red Lamp (Fr 1.2, Ri 1.2, Va 1.2)

2»

Comments

• [Frog]

"So listen, we have two gentleman of strong arm and weak character sitting at the Red Lamp and the Madame is willing to consider our generous offer of protection and nurture if we... remove them, one way or another. Her girls can get me access to the gentlemen in question, and I think you understand now what I can do when properly motivated. The issue remaining is, what's the best way to remove them, to give ourselves an advantage in the conflict that follows?"
  • edited June 2014
    OOC: I'm angling for an Assess roll with Strategy, which will be 2d6 as it is. Can anyone help with an appropriate additional skill? Security or something else we can justify? Thinking we might do a "montage," narrating a roll each with our strong suits so we can negotiate with the EVUL GM, culminating with Strategy so that the ultimate roll might be a Controlled Maneuver, or even a CM +1D. Right? Bueller? Bueller?
  • [Ring]

I look up from the indecipherable notebook. "Too true, good man. The best possible result would be to turn them, of course. To have them retain their position, pretending to be Red Sashes, but actually working as our eyes. Perhaps we could whip up a decoction that, delivered into their drinks, would bend their will and make them our own. I believe I could generate such a powder though getting it into their bodies is not my specialty..."
  • edited June 2014
    [Vauri]

I nod enthusiastically. "Yes, Ring! It will be good to work at the bench on this. We can indeed brew some sort of draught to make them susceptible to our suggestion."

I crack my knuckles and rub my hands together. "And I can get in and dose them." Not enough time to set up dentata for the girls; that's a bit in poor taste for this caliber of operation. I'd prefer to serve them dosed food and drink. Strong rum, I suspect. Or dressed as serving-girl — sometimes being a lady has its advantages.
  • "Ah. Concoctions and control. I wonder how long they can 'pretend' to remain Red Sashes when the cut begins coming to us, but it will at least be a start. Yes, I believe we can work with that. Let me consider the hows, perhaps, while you work on the draught."
  • edited June 2014
    Alright, it looks like we have Frog discussing how to evaluate Security while Ring and Vauri are putting up ideas to do the job.

Lets assume you three case the joint, and we can pick up after that with Frog in the Red Lamp per his previous chat with the Madame, and Ring and Vauri can insert themselves where they wish?

Frog, why don't you make an Assessment roll with Security or Strategy? Remember, a low roll means only one question, not bad stuff. Is anyone helping Frog with this Assessment roll here? Sounds like Vauri might be able to do so. Ring seems like a stretch.

Once the Assessment roll is made and question(s) asked, we'll jump into the scene.
  • [Vauri]

I most certainly can help Frog evaluate their security! I can find a nearby rooftop, make my way along an unused fire escape to peer down upon the Red Lamp. I'll make notes about what I see- then scamper down, silently, quickly, dropping to the ground with barely a crunch on the cobblestones, and make my way back to Frog to report.

[OOC: using Lurk/Stealth.]
  • Frog, take another die, and roll your Assessment.
  • Assessment: Strategy

(Rolled: 3d6. Rolls: 1, 4, 6. Total: 11)
  • [Frog]

First Question

What's the best way to administer a concoction to the two Red Sash toughs?
  • All,

After casing the place, you find out that the Madame has been forced to provide a very nice pair of rooms to these fine toughs. They've been here long enough to grow complacent. They have connections in the Sashes that got them here, so they trust in their connections. Adding drugs to their food would work like a charm.
  • [Frog]

Second Question

What's their schedule like? Is there a particular time that would be best to make our move?
  • All,

Early morning would be best. They're night owls, when they should be working in shifts. They like to take the pick of the litter some nights, or do their "pity parties" for the girls who are left behind without johns on others.

But by the witch's hour, they're usually eating their last snacks before sleep and pliable, sometimes stoned and/or drunk.
  • [Frog]

Third Question

Are these guys "prime" muscle, or just a couple of brainless thugs?
  • Frog,

You've heard of Scapa and Comber. They're grandsons of the inner council of the Sashes. They are complete shmucks, sent here to keep them out of harm's way and to keep from fucking up.
  • So that's the plan, then. I walk in the front, as a customer, just before the Hour of the Witch. I bring with me a vial of whatever magical mystery brew Vauri and Ring come up with. At the appropriate moment, I doctor the idiot cousins' 'nightcap,' and when the time comes, Vauri and Ring will administer the actual attitude adjustment. Thinking we have a few hours, if this is to happen tonight, or just over a day.

I will need the scratch for a roll with one of the ladies, of course. Must keep up appearances.
  • Sounds like a good enough plan. I'll open up a new scene with each of you in place as we get this moving.

Vauri, you're still part of "the help", right?

Ring, where are you setting up?
  • [Ring]

I'm there having a few drinks, obviously pissy because I can't afford companionship for the night. Occasionally pissing people off and then apologizing to avoid trouble. Hiding in plain sight, basically. I don't think I even have to be there, really, so I'm just backup in case things go pear-shaped.