[BtI] Date 1, Turn 4 (Active Player=Rich)

edited August 2014 in PnR
OOC: Attraction is at 3, and we have a Compatibility: Excitement over discovering new gadgets.

Comments

• We're standing together at a railing by the ocean, close but not touching, a nice breeze picks up your hair lightly, the strands that have sneaked out from under your lovely hat. You just declared yourself free and clear, asking me if I should go work on my deadline.

I look at you, and we've finally managed back to an easy rhythm again. I worry that this just might be today, a nice day of feeling pretty and having someone's attention, especially a pretty girl like you. "It's the weekend, right? I can push it off for at least a few more hours." I self-consciously lick my lips, pretending to taste the pudding. "I would like to spend some more time with you, Alani."

A bit of nerves hit me after that admission. I'm putting myself out there. I mean, yes, you just kissed me, but this is me we're talking about. I'm not quite that courageous. "Would you, ah, like to see The Ceto"

Please don't take that the wrong way! Oh shit, that was not a line, I do not want a hook up, I'm just grasping at straws here, Alani.
  • edited August 2014

Min, my enthusiasm doesn't seem at all to be of the "Yay! I'm gonna get lucky!" variety. "Oh! I'd love to... you seem to love her so much."

Please take THREE attraction dice. The invitation seems so open and almost vulnerable, and you said you wanted more time with me!
  • edited August 2014

We walk along the boardwalk for a while. The breeze pushes at your dress. I notice you have really nice legs, Alani. Of course, I don't gawk, especially after the near miss with the "wanna come back to my place" line. But I notice.

We pass by a trio of little birds along the beach and I stop, full stop, point them out to you:

"Ooh, terns." I say with a bit of excitement. "I love these guys. They dive into the ocean for prey with such grace." I glance back at you and share with a little smile, "Those are royal terns. A group of them, you know what they're called? A highness." I chuckle. "When I was little, my pops would call me little highness, then he would tell me I was just a bunch of Royal Terns and he would laugh, and laugh..." I look back at the terns, "But then I made him take me to all the Disney movies a few hundred times, so I think we're even."

Since you showed off your poetry, I decide I'll overshare a bit, "When baby royal terns are born, only a day after hatching, they leave the nest and join what's called a creche, a huge group of baby terns. The whole community of terns work together to care for them. It's... it's really kind of awesome."
  • edited August 2014

"Little highness?" I laugh at this memory of yours, Min, joining you in the sweet nostalgia.

"These birds are adorable! I take out my camera and take a quick picture. "For inspiration later," I tell you.

When you tell me about the creche, I agree. "That really is awesome, Min. Sometimes, it feels like my little community is all that helps me bringing up Lili. Oh. She's a 'highness' also. I named her after Lilu'okalani, the last queen of Hawai'i. I'll have to get her with the tern thing."

Bonus die for you, for the sweet memory and feeling like you can share something you clearly love.

"Lili sounds really special, Alani." I tell you, and I mean it. I can see the love for her in your eyes, and it's beautiful. "The last queen, eh? That's some big heels to fill." I'm just playing. I even touch your arm, just a brief little touch.

"C'mon." I say as I continue walking towards the dock. For a moment, I find myself tempted to grab your hand, but I resist. I really don't want to lead you on. And this is awful, but I don't like making a spectacle of myself, and PDA - Public Displays of Affection, makes me feel a little nervous most of the time.

We get to the dock after twenty more minutes of walking and talking. I've let you take the lead, asking questions about Lili. You've shared mom stories and I laughed and enjoyed the trials and tribulations of single parenting from your experience. "You should write a book, Alani." I say at one point with a genuine laugh.

With the dock looming ahead, I reach into my purse and pull out my LG G3. I show it to you, with its pretty bronze shell and huge clear screen. "Want to check this out? I mean, first impressions. Call it, ah, research for the review I'm writing. Lady on the street first glance type of thing." It's an Android build, shouldn't be too confusing. It has some nice features and a solid build. I'm curious how you like the heft, the shape of it, compared to your iPhone. So I watch.
  • edited August 2014

Ooh. I take the phone from you. "Scott has been drooling over these. It feels great, doesn't it? Substantial. and it's pretty." I poke at a few buttons, pull up the website of a photographer I've worked with. "Wow, this screen." I show you the picture I found, of Fort Sumter. "Hey, we need a selfie." I look until I find the camera icon and settle up next to you smiling as I hold the phone out to catch us. The phone makes that cute synthetic shutter click and there we are, frozen in digital amber. I hold the phone out to you. "Do you like it?"

Please have another Bonus die, for so sweetly listening to me, encouraging me to talk about Lili. And another (that's three!) for trusting me with this beautiful phone. And so near the water!
  • edited August 2014

The selfie was fun! You hand the G3 to me, and for a moment, I realize here it is, verifiable proof that we look really great together. That you're the kind of girl I would like to be around more. There are some kinks to work out, and maybe our lives don't overlap very much. But dammit, nobody can take this moment from us.

"It's great, Alani." I answer as I look at it. A little voice in my head is happily screaming, "Look at me with that hot girl!" I look back up at you, and I realize it's probably stupid for me to take a selfie so damn seriously. "Thanks."

I am dying to show you my boat, Alani! I grab your hand and pull you along with a grin on my face. We hit the dock, and I point towards her, "Here she is!"

OOC: Link to boat info: http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/bod/4570636939.html 2012 Sea Ray 450 Sundancer
  • Attraction dice: (Rolled: 3d6. Rolls: 4, 6, 1. Total: 11)
    Bonus dice: (Rolled: 3d6. Rolls: 4, 6, 6. Total: 16)
  • OOC: Let's increase Attraction to 4! and end this part.