[BtI] Date 1, Turn 5 (Active Player=Paul)

edited August 2014 in PnR
OOC: Attraction is at 4, and we have a Compatibility: Excitement over discovering new gadgets.

Comments

• edited August 2014

Min, the Ceto is a surprise. I guess I was expecting a homey little tub of a houseboat, but this sporty cruiser, sleek-lined and looking fast even docked, is a whole different kettle of fish.

"Oh, Min. She's lovely! Not at all what I expected. I kind of want to draw her! I mean, not now, but, sometime." You hop aboard and give me your warm hand to help me up.

You give me the nickel tour, and I ooh and ah in all the right places, sincerely and appreciatively. The office you have set up in the media room is a wonderland, really, of tech toys, many still in their boxes, and we spend a pleasant ten minutes just looking around.

The bed in your stateroom looks comfy and I don't say a word, but can't help but wonder what it would be like, with you, feeling the gentle sway of the ocean while we... snap out of it, Alani!

Finally, we're both out at the bow, on deckchairs, with a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc on ice in a bucket between us and a glass each to drink.

"I do see why you love her, Min, and I can tell the care you take with her. It seems like you two are a perfect fit."
  • You butter me up so effectively! Take those 4 Attraction Dice right now, you shameless thing you.

Yes, I didn't show you the bedroom. It's a mess! I didn't plan on company, and there are shoes everywhere and unfolded clothes on the bed. No way you're getting in there today. Sadly.

"Thanks, Alani." I say as I put my bare feet up. I kicked off my shoes as soon as we got on board. Did you? I offer my glass for a toast, "To blind dates!" I'm smiling, I feel much more comfortable at home, the motion of the water under us.

"Just so you know," I say after a drink, which hasn't yet gone to my head. "I haven't dated anyone in a long time, either. It's just so hard to pull off when I'm traveling half the year. You know?" I realize it's a bit of a downer, but I want to be honest. I'm not letting you down, I'm showing you my problem, Alani. I'm telling you I'm a little lonely, too.
  • edited August 2014

(Right, what I meant to say was "When I see the closed door to your stateroom, I still picture it in my mind's eye. I don't say a word, don't ask to see, but for me, the bed is comfy, and I can't help but wonder..." so on and so forth.)

My shoes are definitely off. I spent a lot of time, growing up, in Hawai'l, and there were entire summers where I was barefoot unless we were going out to eat or I was riding on tutu's ranch.

I meet your toast, Min, and respond, "And yenta ninjas!" A beat. "Or would that be ninja yentas?" I take a drink with you and listen to your open explanation. And truly, I am a bit disappointed, but I'm not free and clear either. Travel of my own, Lili...

"Oh, I get it, Min, but since apparently my friends are all correct and I am impulsive, I'm going to just lay this out there. I would like to see you again, very much, even though it will mean endless smugness from Bonnie and Jim. So, let's pinky swear, alright? Patience and honesty?" Oh, I'm nervous saying this, my toes flexing a little bit and my eyes squinting a little in the sun. Watching you, not just what you say, but your body language.
  • Please take a couple Bonus dice, you brave thing, you. I might have chickened out.

The ninja yentas joke is great, and I laugh with you for a moment. Your reception when I share my worries is so genuine, so thoughtful. You make me giddy when you ask me out. Because that's what you're doing, Alani.

I look at you, your eyes so full of life and looking at me intently. I nod, softly, "I'd like that, Alani. I can deal with a little smugness from them if this is the payoff." I drain the last bit of my glass, which isn't entirely wise, then reach over for the bottle to pour some more for myself.

"You want another glass?" I ask with a grin, feeling comfy here with you.
  • edited August 2014

Min, I actually hold out my pinky with a faux-serious look on my face. "I'm sorry, Min. I do believe there's a pinky swear hanging out there unfulfilled?" When you smile and give me your pinky, the look gets a little less faux. "Patience and honesty," I say. And then I finish the last sip in my glass and hold it out to you for more.

"Nintas," I say, "or Yinjas. Which do you prefer?"
  • Okay, the pinky swear alone gets a Bonus die. Patience and honesty for the win.

"Yinjas has a certain ring to it." I say as I fill your glass. I put the nearly empty bottle in the ice again, grab my glass to raise it, "To yinjas!" We clink glasses and I giggle as I put the glass to my lips.

You can tell I'm starting to get a little tipsy.
  • ROLLING!

Attraction: (Rolled: 4d6. Rolls: 5, 5, 2, 5. Total: 17)
    Bonus: (Rolled: 3d6. Rolls: 3, 3, 3. Total: 9)
  • edited August 2014

Min, I sip my wine and feel the connection between us like a thread. I hate to put any tension on that fine, tenuous thing, but time is moving on and, "This is so lovely out here, but I'm afraid I'll have to leave in a half-hour, forty minutes. Lili goes to bed at 9, and I'd hate to wake her if she falls asleep at Bonnie and Jim's, or deal with her tomorrow if she doesn't." And that's it, I've announced that this serendipitous day has to end soon. Damn. I hope we can still enjoy those few minutes we have left.
  • Rolling Conflict

(Rolled: 3d6. Rolls: 2, 1, 4. Total: 7)

"It's okay, Alani." I say suddenly, reaching out to put my hand over yours. "This has been the best day in ages. I mean, a really, unexpectedly good day. Plus, I do have the deadline, too." I look at you, thankful I don't have to drive you home, because I would not do a great job after that wine.
  • edited August 2014

I like the feel of your hand on mine, and it makes me a little giddy and irresponsible. I mean, I'm not going in for another kiss or anything (but we'll just see what happens when I leave), but... "Min? This wine is really tasty. Do you have another bottle?"
  • Per prior agreement, I have a Reroll Die

(Rolled: 1d6. Rolls: 1. Total: 1)

I give you a little smile, like "I caught you, sneak". "We can't finish a bottle of wine in half an hour." I think for a second, then hop up, walk back down to my little wine rack, and pull out another bottle.

I bring it back, show it to you. "You can, ah, take it with you. And... think of today when you drink it."
  • edited August 2014

Well, you definitely have a point about the wine, and your offer really touches me. I stand up to take it from you and put it in my big ol' purse, just as a large swell catches the bow. I lose my balance, and fall. Right into you. We manage to save the wine, but... not my finest moment. "Sorry?"
  • Why don't you take a re-roll for that, Alani?
  • (Rolled: 1d6. Rolls: 5. Total: 5)

I have my sealegs, of course, so catching you isn't so hard. God, Alani, your body is nice. It's a moment of touching you I didn't expect, and I'm easing you back in a breath, but for a moment, I get a whiff of your hair, your shampoo. Something fruity. Strawberries? I smile when we're there, standing inside each other's personal bubbles. I think you're just about the greatest girl I've met in Charleston, and this is such a wonderful yinja trick.

Then the moment passes, and the late hour, the wine, Lili, my deadline, hang over my head, reminding me it has to end soon.
  • edited August 2014

Min, it has been so lovely, and I feel the sweet melancholy of this day coming to an end. But at least we've established something, yes? At least we have our pinky-swear? We're agreed... "Patience and Honesty."

OOC: we have a new compatibility. We're agreed... "Patience and Honesty." Next turn starts with 4 Attraction, and that Compatibility in addition to our existing "new gadgets" one. Oh, and you start us off with the final moments of our first date.