[BtI] Date 1, Turn 6 (Active Player=Rich)

edited August 2014 in PnR
OOC: Our Attraction is still 4. We have TWO Compatibilities now: "Patience and Honesty" and "Excitement over discovering new gadgets."

Comments

• The sun is setting and it's obvious you need to go, Alani. There's a small part of my heart aching for this moment. I haven't had anyone this long since I docked in Charleston. I'm going to miss you. But I also know I'll be thinking warm thoughts after you're gone, too. That's a nice change you brought into my life.

I called a taxi for you. Well, set up a call for an Uber. "Uber should be here in about ten minutes." I didn't mean for it to sound so sad, it just came out that way. I hold up a finger, then duck into the boat and dig around in one of my drawers and a couple cabinets, hunting for something.

Then I come out, with a small wine bag I picked up at a World Market months ago. It's canvas and cutely rose colored. I put the bottle inside and hand them both to you.
  • edited August 2014

Yeah, gift-wrapping the wine? And it's a cute bag? That's for sure your Attraction dice, you vixen.

I almost sigh, really just barely hold it in. Ten minutes. Still, Lili's waiting and I'm sure she'll still be full of energy and telling ridiculous stories about the birthday party, so I've got that to look forward to.

Min? Are you going to kiss me? I gave it a shot and it wasn't the right time, but now? With this day coming to an end?

I see you like the bag. Yay! I grin when I see that, and I decide, you know, what the hell. I reach down and take your left hand in mine, "C'mon, Alani, I'll walk you to the end of the docks." I'll lead you off the boat, and walk beside you, still holding your hand.

And yes, it's immature and not really that big of a deal, but this is really great for me, and I like pretending we're a couple for just a moment, in my head, to see how it feels. Like a taste test. And yes, I'm thinking about what it would be like to kiss you goodnight. I think I'm going to do it.

"Who decides what we do on date number two?" I ask while watching you out of the corner of my eye.
  • edited August 2014

You're holding my hand? You might hear me mutter something under my breath that sounds like "Oh frabjous day! Callooh callay!" but I'll deny it if you call me on it.

By all means, take a Bonus die for the PDA. Not something I've had occasion to do recently and it feels nice.

When you ask about date number two, I don't even really hesitate. "Well, this one was really set up by the yinjas, despite kismet making it work for us. What say we let kismet decide? Flip a coin?" When we get to the end of the dock, I reach into my purse past the wine and the sketchbook, fishing around until I come up with a loose quarter. "Heads or tails?"

Min, you win. I'll make sure, even cheat if I have to. I want to see what you've got.

...and have another for asking about date number two, instead of doing the "So, we'll be in touch?" thing.

Shoot. Do I even have your phone number? No. "So, what's your number? I'll call you so you have mine." My hand dips back into my bag for my iPhone and I'm poised and ready.

I saw you step on the coin and cup your hand around it, silly. You could have just said "You pick", but you made a game out of it. That's cute. Makes me snicker at your antics. I'm sure Lili adores your energy.

Yes, I give you my number. I consider telling you my work number, but instead, "Alright, I have a line for demo phones, and a personal number. I'll give you my personal one. Just, uhm, don't wig out if I forget and call you from my demo line.... you know what, I'll just give both of them to you."

Regretfully, I've let go of your hand, and we've made it to the edge of the dock. I'm fishing my phones out of my purse, fidgeting and trying to hurry because I'm wasting time and it's going away, the day's almost over and here I am fiddling with my phones.

I get a wicked little idea when my I bring out my iPhone 5. "I know, gadget girl is rolling with an old 5er, but my contract's almost up and I'm holding out for the 6, you know?" I bite the inside of my bottom lip, then ask, "Hey, can I get a selfie with you on my phone?"
  • edited August 2014

Both phone numbers? I wonder how often that happens, and it makes me feel kind of special. Have that last Bonus Die.

I'm pleased when you ask. "Of course! But... hey, remember to text me both pictures? This one and the one from before?"

What's that song from Little Mermaid? The one the crab sings... "Kiss the Girl." That's it, that's what's running through my head.
  • Here goes something!

Attraction: (Rolled: 4d6. Rolls: 3, 6, 2, 6. Total: 17)
    Bonus Dice: (Rolled: 3d6. Rolls: 1, 3, 4. Total: 8)

In for a penny...

I put an arm around you this time, hold my iPhone out, and...

In for a pound.

I turn and kiss you. On the cheek, which is chicken-hearted and I know it as soon as I do it, but dammit, this is already pushing it for me and I hope it's good for you. I get a thrill out hitting the button. The audible click from the phone lets us know we're off the hook.

I hope I don't see disappointment in your eyes when I look at the pic. I pull it up so we can both see the picture together. "I've got a sweet auto-focus ap and the flash is an aftermarket add-on I really love." Now I'm babbling.
  • edited August 2014

Oh, that's sweet... apparently the soundtrack in my head is working! I love the picture, too. I know I'm going to be looking at it a lot. And... "Hey, that picture is great! Can you send me the information on the app and flash? I promise I won't ever ask you to fix my computer, but Scott has the aesthetic sense of a manatee. I'm so happy to have someone to talk to about tech that understands that why you use it is as important as how fast or smart it is..." I am so finding your blog when I get home.
  • Compatibility: (Rolled: 2d6. Rolls: 1, 6. Total: 7)

I giggle at the idea of Scott, "You bet. And I love talking about tech with somebody who just, you know, digs it. There are so many fanboys out there and entrenched pundits and fake fans and..." Now, I'm babbling. Are you contagious?

Should I be worried if I catch you? I kinda really want to.

The sounds of the Uber car pulling up break the growing tension. I stop staring in your eyes and glance over at it. I requested a sedan, it's a nice little Hyundai. It'll do. "My Uber account's linked, so they'll take the fee out of my account. I'll hit up the yinjas for it, so don't worry, okay? And Alani. Today has been... really great."

• edited August 2014

"It has, Min, really great." I give you a little peck on the cheek, not pushing anything. "Speaking of the yinjas, wish me luck with the inevitable interrogation." And I get in the car. As I head home, I'm smiling.
  • --END OF DATE--