[BtI] Date 2, Turn 5 (Active Player=Rich)

edited August 2014 in PnR
OOC: We start with 5 Attraction this turn. We have 4 Compatibilities: "At home on the water", "Patience and Honesty", "We love new gadgets" and "Different histories, shared understanding."

Comments

We spend a few hours, walking and talking together along Boneyard Beach. We're worked our way back to my plan, because now we get the most amazing view of the sun setting. Look at those colors! There are a scant few people on the beach, but nobody is paying attention to us, so I feel comfortable.

I'm totally holding your hand. "Pretty great, huh?"
  • I squeeze your hand. "Wow." And I don't feel any need to pull out my phone, to try and capture this sunset. Just being here, with you, is enough.

Have all the attraction dice. Your plan certainly worked.
    "Thanks for coming out with me today, Alani." I say as I'm watching the wind push the surface of the water in little ripples. "I'm really happy being here with you." I want to say more, but I don't want to spoil anything with a misstep. This day has been pretty awesome.
  • I slip my hand out of yours and you feel it find the small of your back. "You see that little half-circle? The arch those two branches form? Where you can see straight out to the horizon? That's this day. I'm looking through this day and feeling like I can see farther than I have in a long time." And that's out of my mouth, and I don't care. It's how I feel and "too soon" and "too much" and "what will she think?" don't matter.
    I look out where you point, and I peer through the arch with you. "I like seeing what you see, Alani." I step a half-step closer, and slide a hand behind your back, too, then lean over, and PDA-stress-be-damned, I'm kissing you right now. Nothing too fiery, mind you. But more than a peck. Lots of looking in your eyes and drinking in the dying light of the day on your lovely face.

"Right now, I just see you, Alani." I say in a breathy way. I am looking forward to getting back to the boat.
  • edited August 2014

That's a Bonus die. Heck, that's TWO Bonus dice. One for the kiss and one for seeing me.

I melt into you, Min, and I don't push the kiss, but I hope you understand what my lips are saying against yours. After a minute, I'm turning us back the way we came. Back to the Ceto.
    I let go of your hand, but I'm right beside you. It's growing slowly dark, I'm anxious to get back to the boat. Seems you are, too.

"When do you need to be back, Alani?" I ask softly. I'm asking how long the yinjas have Lili, you know that. I'm imagining kissing you some more, alot more. Hours more. Soft music, slow dancing belowdecks where nobody will bother us.

"Ah. I... packed a bag for Lili. The yinjas insisted, not my idea. So, I think I'm basically one text and a year's supply of smugness from having no curfew."

So there's that.
    "Oh." I say softly. Realization sneaks over me like a panther, and a slow smile spreads over my face. Did you just offer yourself to me? Or I wonder if you've set up a challenge.

I love you, Bonnie and Jim!

"A whole year of smugness?" I muse playfully. "That sounds awful." I take a couple quick steps around a sodden puddle in the silt. "I don't know if I could stand it." I see the dock ahead in the orange light of sunset. I want to run!
  • edited August 2014

"I think I'll have to live with it, Min."

So there's this thing. I've always known what I wanted, but my random fumblings have never been that great. I don't think it's residual guilt or anything, just random circumstances and obstructions. I'm not saying this, Min, but I'm in your hands. Literally and figuratively.

Your hurry to get us back to the Ceto quickens my breath. "Shall I text Bonnie? Confirm that Lili's spending the night with them?"" My smile is hopeful, and more... maybe hungry?

Oh yeah, you get that last bonus die. Roll them bones.
  • Attraction: (Rolled: 5d6. Rolls: 6, 1, 6, 3, 3. Total: 19)
    Bonus: (Rolled: 3d6. Rolls: 3, 5, 3. Total: 11)
    Wow. We're doing this. I mean, you want me. I want you. But... I have to check in. I turn to you, slow down my walking pace, "Alani. Are you sure about this? I mean, it's our second date. I don't want to ruin what we've got by going too fast. I don't," I hesitate to say this, it sounds a little assumptive. I sigh, keep going, "I want you to know I really, really like being with you. You don't need to do this to keep me interested. I'm already interested. Okay?"

There, just in case you're pushing this for the wrong reason, I've let you off the hook. I just hope it doesn't piss you off.

"Min, let it go, your history, my lack. Yes. Yes, I want this. I want you. Okay? I know it's too soon, whatever, but tell me you don't feel something, and I'll back off. Otherwise, I've got the night off and I want you to show me what I've been missing."
  • edited August 2014
    I nod, my resistance shattered. "Send your text." I say it quiet, but sure.

Let's kick Attraction to a whopping SIX.