[BtI] Date 3, Turn 1 (Active Player=Paul)

edited August 2014 in PnR
OOC: We start with 5 Attraction this date. We have 5 Compatibilities: "At home on the water," "Patience and Honesty," "We love new gadgets," "Different histories, shared understanding," and "Learning what turns us on."

Comments

• edited August 2014

Min, I understand that you had work to do, and your letters have been so sweet (one of my replies was rather steamy, and I sent you a mix CD with some of my favorite tangos, just to remind you), but I am so glad when you come back to Charleston. I invite you to over for a rooftop cookout. With Jim and Bonnie, Lili, and my Dad, who's in town for a couple weeks.

Saturday finally comes, and I grin when you ring my bell. The 90 seconds it takes you to make it to my door once I buzz you in seems like forever, and when you get there I have the door open already and I pull you into a hug and give you a big kiss while I swing around so we're both inside. "Everyone else is on the roof already. I thought we might like a minute to, uh, get reacquainted."

This is my outfit:
    It didn't feel like 90 seconds to me because I was busy moving as fast as I could without looking like I was running down the hall. Okay, I was running.

I squeeze on the hug and relax into the kiss. I was a little worried it would be weird at first, but seeing you, I forget all of that and just hold you tight.

You offer for us to become reacquainted and I nod, "A minute?" I take a breath, my hands still on your arms, I haven't moved far away at all. "I finished my book, my boat is lonely without you around, Florida is hot, I am sick of fish. Did I mention I missed you? I did. That's like fifteen seconds. You go!"

This is the nice dress I chose to wear. It might be a little short, but I love the color on my skin.
  • edited August 2014

"I have missed you so much. It's crazy, right? I mean, I'm crazy, but..." I wasn't looking for news, Min, I've got your letters and the phone calls this week since you got back. I wanted to get reacquainted with your lips. Using my lips to do so. So, that's what I do, and it's more than a minute of kissing, but eventually...

I have a big bowl of salad to carry up, and dressing, but somehow we manage to get them to the roof and still hold hands on the way. I put the salad on a table and introduce you around.

You know Bonnie and Jim already:

This is my little queen, Lili:
    Lili

And my Dad, Gordon:

The view from up here is amazing. You can see the cables of the Ravenel Bridge, the blue of the Cooper River. Lili immediately starts following you around, Min, and your heart may sink a little when you see a cooler with a few nice big Red Snappers in it, but you smell the steaks already starting to sizzle on the grill with Dad standing sentry. There are oysters and clams on the half-shell resting in ice on the table, and a few other snacks. The yinjas just can't stop grinning at us, smug meddlers that they are.

"So, here we are." My smile is huge.
  • edited August 2014
    I hug Lili, dropping to my knees to do so, tell her she's as adorable as you, maybe moreso. Of course I wink up at you. I tell her that her mommy talks about her alll the time and I'm so excited to meet her. I am, it's no lie. I like kids, especially sweet ones like her.

"Lili," I tell her as she follows me over to the grill. "Your mommy told me that both of you can play the ukulele. Is that right? She even said you would play for me. Would you?" Oh shit, that steak. I could tackle a cow and eat it right now. I shake Gordon's hand, give him a polite smile, "Nice to meet you, sir."

For the door kisses, take those Attraction Dice.
  • edited August 2014

You're so sweet with Lili. She gives me a look like "can I?" and I nod. She takes off for the door at a trot, heading to the loft to grab our ukes.

This is the first time I've ever introduced Dad to a girl I'm dating. Really the first time I've ever had someone to introduce, especially in the time after Dad and I had "the talk" after Mom died. I know he's okay, and I know he loves me, but I can't help but hold my breath. He's soft-spoken when he replies. "Min, the pleasure's mine. My daughter's enthusiasm sometimes... colors her descriptions, so I hope you'll forgive me for not fully believing her when she told me how beautiful you are. I should have, it seems." He doesn't kiss your hand, Min, but it looks like he considered it. My eyes widen. You old fox!

"Can I get you something, Xiao Min?" I looked that up while you were gone and sent it to you in a letter, then felt I had to explain in a postscript. It means something like little Min, it's one of the ways to make a pet name in Chinese. Thank you, Internet! "Wine, beer, tea... oyster?"
  • edited August 2014
    Wow. Your dad. He's really sweet. And for the record, that was my first time meeting "the parents" in an official capacity of... are we girlfriends now? I like that idea. I won't tell you this for a while, but I wasted time when I should have been writing listing out a pros and cons spreadsheet about us. Yes, I know. Which is why I'm not telling you that for a while.

I wave to the yinjas when you call me Xiao Min. I'm glad you explained the nickname. At first, I thought to myself, "Why are you calling me a gigantic basketball player? That's bizarre, I didn't think you even followed the NBA." "I'd love some wine." I smirk at the name. It's cute.

I saw that Malbec on your boat, so I know you drink red, and there is steak in your future given the fish comment earlier. I pour you a glass of a big ol' Zinfandel, and since I'm looking forward to the snapper I grab a glass of Vinho Verde. A quick glance shows that Dad's empty, so I grab him a beer.

I walk back to the grill, admiring your ass in that amazing dress as I do. You're laughing at something he said as Dad grabs the beer from between my fingers where it's dangling and I hand you your wine. "Dad, Min just finished writing a book. In a month. I did mention she was smart as well as beautiful, right?"

He gives you that "oh really? tell me more..." look.

I take the wine and grin, "Thanks, Alani." I turn to your dad, "It's not a huge book, not evergreen, either. It's a gadget guide type of thing, my agent wanted to get it in the pipeline quick. I actually got in some how to's for a few phones that aren't even out yet." Okay, I sound a little proud of that. Your dad at least looks impressed, which is nice.

That's about all the ego-stroking I can handle, so I turn it around, "You've got to be the youngest grandpa I've ever met. How do you keep up with these two?" I give him a smile and a wink.

You're being so sweet and flattering. Take a bonus die.
  • edited August 2014

This is going well, right? I mean, it seems like it's going well. I grab your hand and squeeze it as the yinjas walk over to us at the grill and Lili races through the door with two ukulele cases in her hands.

"Min! Min!" Lili shouts as soon as she makes it to the roof, "I've got the ukes! Wanna hear 'Over the Rainbow'?" I can't help it, I smile big and carefree. Lili hands me the bigger case. I'm on tenor ukulele tonight, apparently.
    I squeezed your hand back, Alani. That contact, so open, it's really nice. I feel so welcome here. I flinch, just a little, when Lili runs out. But you don't. Not one bit. It gives me tingly feelings.

Lili prepares the impromptu show and I am delighted. You are such a great mom to her! She really adores you. I let go of your hand so you can take up your uke and stand near Bonnie so you two can play your adorable duet. Bonnie, as usual, compliments my dress, and I tell her that her hair looks lovely. But we're soon shushed by an imperious young girl who is ready to play for us.

Okay, I'm totally recording this on my Aquos.

Take a bonus die for the hand-holding.
  • edited August 2014

Lili arranges herself carefully, sitting cross-legged on a chair with her skirt draped just so. I really don't know where she got her flair for the dramatic. I sit down next to her and we tune together, my bigger instrument a deeper echo of her more familiar soprano one. Before we start, she takes a fabric hibiscus out of her case and tucks it seriously behind her ear.

She starts strumming, by herself at first, then sings out in a clear, high, perfectly in-tune soprano, "Ooh"-ing a familiar tune. When she gets to the lyrics, I join in on my instrument to provide some depth. "Somewhere over the rainbow..." The strums and chords are simple, and we don't add anything that Israel Kamakawiwo'ole didn't put in his version.

Min, this moment, these things:
    your eyes shining as Lili sings so sweetly and earnestly;
    that faded hibiscus Mom used to keep on her dresser;
    Dad mouthing the words along in perfect timing;
    my dearest little queen's fierce concentration;
    Bonnie and Jim just smiling as they experience this performance for the millionth time.

This moment is so perfect, and you see tears rolling down my cheeks, drying in the cool breeze.
  • edited August 2014
    Alani, in that moment, my heart stopped. Time stopped for me, and I saw your beauty, your loveliness, your wonderful self. You are so raidant as a mother, so beautiful as a person. I ache to be with you. Circumstances haven't been kind to us, but I realize that no matter what comes next, right now, in this moment, I have fallen in love with you. Yinjas be damned.

Take the other two Bonus Dice. Please roll well.
  • Attraction: (Rolled: 5d6. Rolls: 4, 4, 6, 2, 2. Total: 18)
    Bonus: (Rolled: 3d6. Rolls: 3, 6, 5. Total: 14)
  • Let's up our Attraction to Six, shall we?