[In and Out] Adventuring Companion (1.10)

edited October 2014 in PnR

The Real World

Trevian, if I were to tell you the truth, it's this: the weekend really dragged on. You got nothing new from TSol or PoA, the book's a good read, but nothing seems to leap out at you as particularly relevant to your needs. You do discover that Eve grew up in North Carolina, mostly in Hickory, which is about three hours east of you.

Even your time with Jessi fell a little flat. Maybe some awkwardness after your rather intense night, maybe you're both a little distracted, but conversation was slow and the sex, while still sex and therefore good by definition, wasn't great.

You did find a few Jessi-approved outfits that you think will work for dinner with Tonya and Tandy's fundraiser. (I'll ask you about those later.)

It's Tuesday afternoon, 5:45 PM, and you're waiting at Raleigh-Durham International, at the baggage claim. As Reggie suggested, your gaming gear is locked in your trunk in the case that came with it, a neat, portable package. The sign and the alert from your phone tell you that her plane landed 4 minutes ago.

The line of people starts streaming through into the baggage area. You see Reggie walking toward you with her carry-on rolling behind her and a big purse slung over her shoulder.

Reggie

She spots you just as you start walking toward her and moves into a quick trot. When you meet, she lets go of her bag and throws her arms around your neck. "Finally!" She pulls back and gives you a firm kiss on the lips. "Finally!"

Comments

• The sex thing with Jessi is a bummer. I like her, and we're cool together. It's fun times, at least it was. The coke thing, and her stalker ex, that complicated things. I wonder if shopping for the Tandy thing was a deal to her? Shouldn't have been, but she seemed pissed when she sent that text.

That was then, this is now.

I'm standing there in the baggage claim and I'm looking at every girl hoping it's her. I mean, there's a part of my brain that wonders if the pic she sent was maybe an old one, or a glamour shot. You know, I mean, the gotcha. She's so fun, and she's a badass gamer, and we get along like old buddies... AND she's hot? Seems too good to be true.

But I stand there hoping it's all good, and I'm holding a stupid little sign I made up last night. It's nothing, really. Just a white poster board I cut down to a little sign that says:
    "JACE"

I see her, and wow. That picture was not a thousand words enough for her. She's sofa king pretty, with those bright eyes and that mouth, so unique. She walks a little dorky, which is adorable, like she doesn't have a strut, she just "goes".

She's coming right up on me and I'm thinking hug, but man I want a taste of those lips. I'm not going to do it, and I'm wondering if all the cyber in-game stuff was just playing around. I kick myself for only wanting sex when this is my partner, and I know I'll have a great time hanging out sex or no sex.

Lucky me, she settles the little courtroom drama going on in my head with the kiss. I think my eyes went a little wide, didn't expect it. She says finally, and I hear her the second time because my brain sort of locked the first time.

I'm right in her personal bubble, and my left hand goes to her hip on reflex. I smile, relieved. "Heya Reggie." Then, just to make sure we're golden, I'm kissing her back. Not a big one, but lips to lips nice and sure, taste her chapstick and then we're apart and I smile.

"How was the flight? You feeling okay?" I ask her while we wait for her bags. Or does she have all of them? I'm parked right outside.
  • The Real World

Reggie

"I packed my gaming stuff in this," she nods to the carryon, "We'll have to wait on the clothes and toiletries until they get on the merry-go-round." Reggie stays close to you, almost hip-to-hip.

"So, I hope you don't mind, but I have a plan. Dinner. Carolina Inn, so I can unpack and maybe take a shower. War council—I've got some things to share. Then we'll see what happens... Oh, there's my bag!" She pushes up to the carousel and grabs a medium-sized bright purple suitcase, hoisting it out and onto the ground.

"Where is the car, Pierre?"

• My elf, she's a planner. My hand slips around her waist, a finger in her belt loop. I'm enjoying the closeness, and it's sudden and exciting. I'm really liking her perfume.

"Pierre?" I smirk. I had to let her go get her luggage and now she has no free hands, so I walk near her, "Right out here is your limo, ma'am." I'm lying, of course. My crap-ass Japanese sedan awaits us. It's a tough little car. I know it's seen some wear, but I still kinda love my Accord.

I open up the truck and put her gear by mine, then her bags and stuff. The passenger door opens with a bit of a groan and I give her a smile of apology. When we're in the car, I start it up and look over at her. "Wow, Reggie. This is crazy, isn't it?" I can't stop smiling. I'm nervous and elated and excited and even a tiny bit deja-vu this is weird feeling.
  • The Real World

Reggie

"Crazy... yeah." Reggie, who's been grinning the whole time herself, suddenly sobers up just a bit. "Trev, do you realize that it's only been a little over six days since Eve's announcement? Isn't that amazing?" She reaches over and touches your cheek. "Feel that? That's my actual hand, touching your actual cheek. Talk about one-to-one..."

She sighs and leans back into the seat. "Pierre, to dinner! I am ravenous!"

• Her warm hand is much better than the haptic, it's true. I give her another grin, which was on top of the last one. I swear, we must look like high schoolers, all giggly. I want to lean over and kiss her again, but I don't.

She declares that we go on, so I back out of the space and start heading towards the local Applebee's I'd mentioned. I reach up to take Reggie's hand in mine, bring it down to the space in between us. Right now I almost wish my car didn't have bucket seats. I'd love for her to scoot up next to me.

After I pay the tool and we hit the highway, I glance over while driving, "Okay, I'm getting this out of the way, You're really pretty. I mean, your picture didn't do you justice. It was all cat and then hidden behind it was lil Reggie. So, uhm I'm just saying... yeah, that's what I'm saying." For now.
  • edited October 2014

The Real World

Reggie

Reggie squeezes your hand. "Thanks, Trev. You're not hard to look at, either, and... okay, this is weird, but you smell good."

You hold hands and chat for the few minutes it takes to get the restaurant and park. As the hostess leads you past the bar to your booth, you see your buddy bartending. He silently mouths "Nice!" Reggie slides into the booth and immediately scoots all the way to the wall, clearly making it easy for you to join her on the same side.

As you look over the menu and talk about what appetizer to share, you feel Reggie's hand come to rest on your knee, her thumb lightly rubbing the fabric of your pants.

• photo Trevian_Marks-header02_zps737015fe.jpg
    I smell good? Yes! Tandy was so right about that apples body wash. I need to give her a fist bump on that one.

I give Nate a nod back, big smile, like "I KNOW!" Then we sit together and I'm so into this. She is ten times better than I'd hoped. She puts her hand on my knee and I slip an arm around her shoulder. I don't squeeze, but from time to time my fingers touch her shoulder. I'm turned slightly towards her, watching her while I pretend to look at the menu.

I ask Reggie, "What do you want to drink for starters?"
  • The Real World

Reggie

"If the friend you mentioned is any good with the classics, I'll have a Sidecar. Otherwise I'll have the Sam Adams Oktoberfest." She adjusts herself to fit just right under your arm. "So, do you want a preview of coming attractions?

• edited October 2014
    photo Trevian_Marks-header02_zps737015fe.jpg
    I order her a Sidecar and I get a Tequila Sunrise. "Classics for both of us." I order a spinach and artichoke dip and chips. I like it, and I remember she mentioned liking it once, I'm pretty sure.

"I dig previews."
  • edited October 2014

The Real World

Reggie

"Well, first, this..." She turns toward you and gives you another kiss, this one light and teasing, her tongue darting out to touch your lips. She pulls away before you can really respond. "I'm not going to be coy, Trev. I'm pretty sure I'd be into you even if you looked like a warthog. You're a good person, you're smart, you're funny, and I know you've got a sexy brain. And you definitely don't look like a warthog. I'm not going to assume that you're going to want to get with me later, but you can assume the reverse. Unless you eat like a pig, or fart a lot."

She squeezes your knee, then reaches into her purse and pulls out a thin tablet. "Second, I think I found something. We'll talk more about it later, but read this." She hands the tablet to you, with Eve's book open on the screen. A paragraph is highlighted.

In 1995, when Eve was six years old, the bank foreclosed on the Holt property and the family moved to an apartment in Hickory. She would not return until twenty years later, when the unexpected runaway success of her first published game, Peace of Ages, allowed her to purchase the house and land. A year later, the log home of her childhood fully restored, she donated the property to her alma mater, Appalachian State University, along with a large monetary gift toward the establishment of the Jacob Holt Center for Appalachian Culture.

"So, I looked up the Jacob Holt Center for Appalachian Culture, and here's the thing... they built new buildings for the museum and library and performance space. The original home, where Eve grew up? That's an archive containing a bunch of Eve's papers and... stuff from when she first started coding, everything she cared about before Peace of Ages was published. And it's three hours west of here, between Hickory and Boone."

• photo Trevian_Marks-header02_zps737015fe.jpg
    That was a sweet little kiss. Yeah, I'm thinking about it as she reaches into her purse, but then she's laying out the stuff she found and I'm nodding along, "This is great. I knew PoA would be a hit. I loaded it up and there was a patch! Game's been out of circulation except on gog and some warez and torrents, but there's a patch. I just couldn't find anything, really. I bet it's there."

I hug her shoulder in a friendly manner, "This is perfect, Reg. You are a badass." I kiss her cheek, "You have time to make a trip in the morning? We could swing back by in time to have lunch with Tonya." The waitress, Jill, arrives with the appetizer and I wait for Reggie to dig in.

"And, you can assume it. Just, you know, so it's official. The assumptions and all."
  • The Real World

Reggie

"Can I admit something else? I'm the planner, right? So I planned. I'm hoping we can meet Tonya for dinner tomorrow night, because I moved most of my Thursday and Friday meetings with the Vet school to tomorrow. I'll be going from 9 to 5:30, and having lunch with my potential adviser. However..." Her hand is back on your leg, and she gives you a squeeze while she takes an appreciative bite of dip with her other hand. "...I may have made reservations at a B&B in Hickory for Thursday night. I have a breakfast thing Thursday morning, but after that, nothing until a happy hour mixer on Friday. Sound good?"

You are on the schedule at Little Dipper for Thursday, but you can find someone to pick up the hours, right? The thing with Tandy's Friday night.

As to your response about assumptions, after Reggie finishes with the planning portion of the conversation, she takes a sip of her drink and makes an appreciative "Mmmm..." sound. She leans over and whispers something in your ear that makes your eyes widen. Why don't you tell me what she said?

• edited October 2014
    photo Trevian_Marks-header02_zps737015fe.jpg
    I listen up, munching on a chip with lots of spinach. Wash it down with some of my sunrise, "I'll shoot Tonya an email. That's cool."

Yeah, dropping a Thursday shift is easy enough, Jenny might give me some shit, but whatevs. I'm wondering what Jessi might say, she kinda hinted she got some new blue weed...

Then Reggie's in my ear telling me she brought a strip of condoms and lube and she's not going to let me leave until I've "scratched her itch" tonight. I swallow a little and nod, "Yes, ma'am."
  • The Real World

So, dinner happens in sort of a blur. You're certainly not going to remember how the food tasted, later, but you will remember that moment during dessert when Reggie took a bit of whipped cream on her finger and dabbed it on her nose, daring you with her eyes to do something about it. By the way, what did you do about it, Trevian?

After a quick stop for beer (that Sam Adams Oktoberfest), you drive to the UNC Chapel Hill campus, and follow the signs to the Carolina Inn. Reggie checks in, and you both head up to her room. It's classic North Carolina, with reproduction antiques and a big, beautiful four-poster bed. Queen-sized.

Reggie

She opens her suitcase and pulls out a few things, then flops on the bed with a sigh. "First, a shower. I always feel like I'm covered in other people after I fly." She hops back up and heads to the bathroom. "Make yourself at home. Or..." She looks back from the bathroom door. "...join me. Your call."

• Trevian
    Oh, the whipped cream? Now, my first instinct was to lick it off. I mean, that's the default option, right? But I didn't want to be that predictable. So I leaned up, nice and slow, my mouth headed for her nose. At the last second, I reached over with my left hand, swiped my finger along the bridge of her nose and scooped it right off. I stuck that in my mouth, grinned and said, "Mmmn. Thanks." It got a good laugh out of her.

Beer run and hotel and we're up in her room. I sit on the bed and she asks me to join her in the shower. I let her go on without answering, just grinning like the Cheshire Cat. I give her a minute or two to actually enjoy the shower and get all that "other people" off her. I really just want her tonight, thanks.

While I'm waiting, I pull out a baggie and roll us a couple joints. That's all the weed I carry. I set them both on the bedside table, then I strip down and head for the bathroom. When I get to the door to the bathroom, which she left askew, I knock and say in a high pitch voice, "Housekeeping!" I'm going to pull back that curtain in a second and see what I can see, maybe join the sexiest girl I've seen in a long time, my elf.
  • edited October 2014

The Real World

There's a giggle from behind the shower curtain.

"Housekeeping? I hope you brought fresh towels... I think it's going to get dirty."

Reggie

You pull the curtain aside. I'm not going to say you hear angels singing when you see Reggie, naked and wet, lit by the soft lights of the bathroom, but you might imagine that you do. She seems to glow like A'Lyssor, glistening droplets of water beading on her skin. "Oh, housekeeping! What happened to your uniform? I thought this was a proper establishment!"

She turns toward you, completely un-selfconscious. "Are you getting in here, or are you just gonna stare?"

• Trevian
    When she mentions this being a proper establishment, I stand there looking at her for a long moment. Talking loud enough so she can hear me over the shower, I reply, "Oh, there's nothing proper about what's going on here."

She asks if I'm going to just stare. In response, I look down, at her adorable breasts, the hint of muscles along her stomach, her trim legs. "Can I stare, for a bit longer?" I'm smirking as I ask. I wish I could paint. I would so paint a masterpiece of her.
  • The Real World

Reggie

Reggie stands there, letting you look, and openly looking back. Her eyes travel down your body, then back up. When your eyes meet, the playfulness is suddenly gone. She holds out a hand in invitation, lips parted slightly. Water cascades down her smooth, pale skin, parting around erect nipples and waterfalling off the slight ridges of her pelvic bones. Droplets glisten in her neatly trimmed pubic hair like tiny gems.

Her other hand reaches up to her own breast, seemingly without a conscious choice on Reggie's part.

"One to one, Trevian."

• Trevian
    Here's the thing. I don't mix sex with love. It's a common mistake for nerdy guys. You get with a girl, she's all great and wonderful and hot... then you talk and find out you aren't really a match outside of the bedroom, you know?

But this is Jace. This is my girl. I mean, we've spent countless hours questing, or just farming for gold, leveling alts, helping out the guild, shooting the shit. I know her.

I knew her before I ever saw her. Now, I'm looking right at her. And dayum. Which sort of multiplies it, you know?

"You're really incredible, Reggie." I say as I raise one foot and step into the shower to join her. I move my left hand up to that same breast she's touching, smooth my palm across the back of her hand, rub my thumb against that nipple.

I step all the way in, close the curtain so it's just us. No world, no game, nothing. Just us. My right hand moves to cup her cheek and I move in for another kiss. Not a peck like at the airport, a kiss. A slow and deep, soul-tickling kiss.
  • The Real World

Reggie

Reggie purrs when she feels your hand on her breast, a low sound deep in her throat. She meets your kiss, Trevian, and raises the stakes with a hand on the back of your head, pulling you in, and a hand tickling along your spine.

After a long, delicious, timeless moment, she pulls away from the kiss, enough to talk. "Trevian, for the rest of tonight, I don't need you to tell me I'm beautiful. I can hear that any time I want, thirty seconds after I walk into a bar on my own, and I'm sure you don't lack for compliments, either." Her hand leaves the back of your head. "What I want to hear is the what you say when I do something like this..." ...and you feel her hand grasping the base of your cock... "...and what you sound like when you can't... talk... any... more." With each of those last four words, her hand moves lightly along your length.

• Trevian
    Don't tell her she's beautiful, got it. Be original, that's what she's saying. I think.

She starts jacking me off and that's when I know: it's on. All that dirty shit she spoke into my headset, that was play, but that's also who she is. I don't need to throw lines her way, or be romantic, tell her what I think she wants to hear. I am just going to play by her rules. It's freeing.

I close a finger and my thumb around her nipple and kiss her again. When I pull back from the kiss, she's still working me. "Reg, I wanna take you from behind. I wanna make you call out my name. Tonight, it's just me and you, one to one."
  • The Real World

Reggie

Reggie removes her hand and turns you so that you're facing away from her, her body shielding you from the spray of the shower. You feel her move up close behind you, her breasts pressing against your back. One hand reaches between your thighs to cup your balls while the other resumes the smooth stroking gesture she so recently interrupted. She starts planting little kisses on your neck.

Trevian, she's going to keep going, finish you like this, unless you stop her.

What do you do?

• edited October 2014
    Trevian
    Oh, I'm pretty damn sure I've got more than one in me. She's had me so hot and bothered for the last two hours that I'm happy to let her do this to me. I rest my head against the cool tile of the shower. I'm moaning now, a little but for show, but fuck, this is good.

Still, I can't be totally passive. I snake a hand back for her, rub my fingers against her slit, see if I can make her lose her rhythm. I don't have much of an angle, but hey, it's the thought that counts. And yeah, I'm going to let her finish me off like this.
  • The Real World

Reggie

Reggie pushes a little against your fingers, but doesn't lose her slowly, steadily increasing rhythm at all. She's patient and clever, loosening her grip and staying away from the most sensitive bits whenever you start to push against her hand like you're ready, waiting until she can feel you're about to fall down in a spasming heap before she brings you off with a half dozen swift, firm strokes along the ridge of your glans.

So, what do you sound like when you can't talk any more? How is it for you, Trevian?

• Trevian
    Listen, I don't want to disparage my previous partners. So I will say this. Reggie's skills with my penis exceed my own. I've had almost thirteen years of practice with it, and what she just did to me was vastly superior to anything I'd thought to do. Yes, I got around the same area, and we both ended up in happy town - previous masturbating me and right now Reggie. But her smooth handiwork and the grip on my balls from time to time was just...

Wow.

(I hope I'm not out of my league.)

I now know, as does Reggie, that when I come really hard against a shower wall and my vision gets those swimmy blue dots and I want to float to the ceiling, that I sound like, "guhhh..." sigh "sofuckingoo..."

More or less.
  • The Real World

Reggie

Trevian, when you choke out your eloquent paean to the glories of orgasm, Reggie chuckles. One last stroke, to make you shudder, and her hands leave your body. She moves them to your shoulders and turns you toward the gentle spray of the shower. She unwraps the tiny hotel bar of soap and grabs the plush wash cloth to clean you off, then says, "That was the appetizer, Trev. Time to dry off and see if that bed's as comfy as it looks." There's no hesitation, no embarrassment, no first-time jitters. No "I don't usually do this on the first date." No "I'm really a good girl." Just honest desire, honest affection born of hours spent speaking into each other's ears across a distance of 700-some miles.

So, I do have to wonder how it goes for you, Trev. Reggie is sex-positive and has no obvious hangups, and it seems she's been paying attention to your flirtations and sexy moments in TSol. She's going to roll 4d6. You can certainly roll "Likeable" for 4d6, but there's a penalty die attached for "Waffler". Reggie has been in charge, and you've promised to take control. You'll roll 5d6 and take the lowest four. I won't promise how I interpret the results ahead of time, specifically, but I think you get the gist. Let's see some sexy dice.

• I'm going to spend one of my two Experience Pool to offset that penalty die. I'm banking and trusting on my experience of knowing Reggie as well as I do.
  • Trev's "sex move":
    (Rolled: 4d6. Rolls: 1, 6, 6, 5. Total: 18)
  • Reggie's
    (Rolled: 4d6. Rolls: 4, 3, 6, 3. Total: 16)
  • The Real World

Trevian, you made a promise, right? And apparently you delivered on that promise, with interest.

Reggie

FLASH Reggie leads you by the hand to the big four-poster and then pulls you into another long, deep kiss, one leg twined with yours. You feel her pubic hair tickling against your thigh.

FLASH She's draped on the bed like the goddess on her cushions, and you are worshipping with your tongue and your lips and your fingers while she sings a little atonal song of pleasure, punctuated by the occasional percussion beat of surprise as she pulls her fingers through your hair.

FLASH Reggie is perched at the foot of the bed, ass-up and head-down, while you stand behind her. You've found her rhythm and matched it to yours, and now, finally, as she approaches her orgasm, she does her part in making your promise true. "Oh! Trev! Oh God, Trev! Trev, oh shit! Yes, Trevian, yes! Ooooooooh!"

She senses that you haven't finished yet, this time, and after the barest second she turns around, stripping off the condom and taking you in her mouth.

Trevian, you certainly won the roll, but I think you're both winners, don't you? What is it in particular that Reggie's going to remember about this first time the two of you have sex?

• Trevian
    Yes, we're certainly winners. Holy shit, we are. I thought Jessi's coke-fueled fuck-a-thon was memorable, but this was incredible. Reggie is the most energetic and enthusiastic lover I've ever had. There is no ego boost in the world greater than hearing a girl call your name in the throes of her passion. Reggie's the best at that. The best.

I'm not sure which will be more memorable for her, really. It could be when I first entered her from behind and I looked down at her beautiful back and ass and I just couldn't resist, I popped my thumb in her ass while I entered her. That surprised her. But it might be when she asked me to spank her while I was hitting "the right spot". That was new for me, and really kinky.
  • edited October 2014
    The Real World

Here's the thing. It was early, by your standards, when you got here. 8 o'clock? And the shower started at maybe 8:10. You've had time for several rounds by the time you both are done.

One of your elective classes, senior year in high school when you'd finished most of the required curriculum, was Art History. Jake convinced you to take it with him. It's a strange sort of non-sequitur, but you remember a particular story. The Pope (whichever one it was at the time) is talking to Michelangelo about his statue of young David, the one that got destroyed in that terrorist attack last year. The Pope, amazed at the grace and beauty of the sculpture, says to the artist, “How do you know what to cut away?” Michelangelo replies “It’s simple. I just remove everything that doesn’t look like David.” It feels like this night, this night, has done that, for you and Reggie. It's just sex, right, but you've chiselled away so much of what isn't "Trev and Reggie".

It's two in the morning when Reggie finally says. "A car's picking me up (isn't that fancy?) at 8:45. You can stay or go, but it's sleepy-time."
  • Trevian
    I'm really tempted to stay, really tempted. I don't, though. I would most certainly distract her in the morning, plus, we should save that for the B&B. So I kiss her softly, which makes me smile, "Tonight, was amazing. Not just the sex, which was legendary. Just, you know, really being in the same room as you. I always thought we were really compatible. Now, I know I underestimated that." I step into my underwear, start getting dressed. "I'll see you tomorrow, right?" I know the answer, I'm just feeling weird about taking off. It's the right call, just not the most fun one.
  • The Real World

Reggie

Reggie puts a hand to your cheek after you finish dressing and sit on the bed to put on your shoes. "Trevian, this has been really amazing. Do you want to pick me up for dinner, or should I meet you at the restaurant? I can cab over." When you tell her that of course you'll pick her up, she smiles. "I should be back here by 5:45, so any time after that. Or..." She picks up the house phone and pushes the button for the front desk, asking them to give you a key to her room on the way out. "There. So, any time you want. And if you try on my panties, try not to stretch them out too much." She walks with you to the door and gives you another soft kiss, whispers in your ear. "Good night, sweet Abby."

You drive home, in something of a daze, right? When you walk in, Tandy's still up, watching an episode of one of this year's new fashion "reality" shows.

Tandy

"Well, don't you look like the cat that ate the canary. I'm guessing things went well with this Reggie person?"

• Trevian
    I head over to the couch and sit down with her. I smile a bit, still awake, but tired. "Yeah. She asked me to stay the night, but I didn't want to keep her up too late since she's got school stuff in the morning." I glance over at the show, "Runway? Again? Haven't you seen this episode twice already?" Is she eating anything?
  • edited October 2014

The Real World

Tandy

Tandy opens her mouth and starts speaking in that uncanny imitation she does of your mother's voice, the flat North Carolina drawl that's been smoothed to a velvety elegance by years of education and determination. "Young man, you smell of sex. Do not try to distract me by talking about television." She drops out of it, giggling. "Seriously, tell me everything! I'm living vicariously through you, Trey-trey."

• Trevian
    "Tandy," I say as I look over at her, "You really want to hear about my hook-up? I mean, we've never talked about that kind of stuff... you know?" We've talked about everything else, but never that. I'd love to sit and brag about it, don't get me wrong. But the idea of making her feel weird around me is totally not worth it.
  • The Real World

Tandy

"Okay, maybe not all the details, but... is she pretty? Is she smart? Is she... talented?" She waggles her eyebrows at that last question.

• Trevian
    I show her the selfie I took of us at Applebee's. "Yes. Yes. And... well, yes." I pause for a moment, tempted to say more. I decide for vague happiness. "She's checking out the campus tomorrow, so I don't meet up with her until suppertime. You gonna be up for a while? I could take a shower, come and hang out."
  • edited October 2014

The Real World

Tandy

"I'm about to turn into a pumpkin, Trev. I'll talk to you tomorrow? Sweet dreams. Do take that shower, though. You are a little... musky. I'm glad you had a good night." She gives you a quick kiss on the cheek, then clicks off the TV and heads toward her room.

• Trevian
    I head off to take a quick shower, the least interesting one of the evening. Then I plan to hit the sack after shooting a text to a few coworkers at the Dipper for someone to pick up my Thursday shift. And, well, checking on my account. So yeah, I log in for that. Then I sneak a look at the leaderboard. And hover over the favor from A'Lyssor.

Half an hour tops. Then I log off and go to bed.
  • The Real World

The leaderboard remains unchanged in the top 100—the timestamps are all from no later than last Friday. Apparently everyone has reached the same impasse as you and Reggie have. Tandy's made decent progress on the quests you queued up for her, and you realize she must have put in some hours that you haven't seen, because her character has gained quite a bit of experience.

You stay true to your plan, and are asleep in just over a half hour.

—End Scene—