[In and Out] Business Dinner (1.11)

edited October 2014 in PnR

The Real World

Trevian, you sleep great. You do dream, though, and pretty vividly at that. Who is it you dream about? Jace or Reggie?

Turns out Josh wasn't on the schedule at the restaurant for Thursday night, and he's more than happy to pick up your shift. You spend some time during the day doing laundry and poking around for new stuff in Peace of Ages, but I'd guess your day mostly feels like waiting until it's time to meet Reggie for dinner. You have that key, are you waiting when she gets back, or what?

Also, what clothes did you come up with for your dinner meeting with Tonya?

Comments

• Trevian
    Would it be weird if I tell you I dreamed about Jace and Reggie? It would be weird, right? Okay, so yeah, I dreamed about Reggie. It was awesome.

Good old Josh. I owe him for this one, but I don't over-thank him. Don't want the guy to ask for more money, or pot. I am not Trevian the pot dealer. No way.

The day was video game treadmill shit until the afternoon. Then I headed out to the Carolina Inn. I get there about five and lay on her bed watching TV. I brought my gear, too, but I'm not going to suit up. Hotel wifi sucks anyways.

Funny you ask what I bought. I blew a bit of my first stipend to buy two nice outfits. I'm wearing the first one:
    vintage-coat
    I love this damn coat. I threw on a white button-up rather than that t-shirt.

For the dancey-party thing with Tandy, I picked up a vintage suit. Who doesn't love the classics? Here's a glimpse. Jessi snuck into the changing room with me. She likes guys in suits. And ties.
    vintage-suit

• The Real World

At 5:50 or so, Reggie comes in, dressed in a professional suit that doesn't really seem to match the Reggie you know. It clashes with the mischief in her eyes, somehow. She gives a little cheer when she sees you on the four-poster, then kicks out of her heels and runs to jump on the bed with you.

Reggie

"Guess what guess what guess what? Oh, forget guessing. They're really courting me! Not only am I in to the dual DVM/PhD program, but they offered me the big research fellowship, which will cover more than half the tuition. I played it cagey, though. I'll see if they up the ante by breakfast tomorrow!" She starts kissing you all over your face.

"Oh. You look great, by the way!"

• Trevian
    "That's great!" I reply, excited about the chance of her coming here. I kiss her back, pulling her lips to mine. My hands are working at her top, gently working it up out of her shirt. You know, so she's comfy.

"Thanks," is my answer to her compliment on my clothes. "You look like an executive. Are you wearing this to dinner? Ruth's Chris is about a half hour drive, so we've got a little bit of time to hang out... and stuff."
  • The Real World

Reggie

Reggie chuckles. "I have to take this off, anyway. If they make me the final offer I'm hoping for tomorrow, I will never wear a business suit again. My dress for tonight is much more fun. It's spoooooky."

She helps you undress her, then starts working on your clothes, Trevian. It's a very good twenty minutes, and you're both smiling as you take a quick shower (no hanky-panky there, I'm afraid, she doesn't want to get her hair wet). While you put back on your snazzy outfit, she dresses in a simple matching bra and panty set, and pulls this dress over her head:

Reggie Skull Dress

It really shows off her runner's legs and tight ass as she twirls a little for you. "This work?"

• Trevian
    I nod slowly, ask her to give me a twirl. "Yes. In many ways. I can't wait to see what Tonya thinks. It'll be cool." I consider telling her she's hot, but then she'd just nail me to the wall for it.

"Oh hey, my roomie Tandy is dying to meet you. I pawned off some minor quests to her, she wants to help out." I hold up a hand, "I'll take care of her out of my share. I don't think she wants anything really. She just broke up with her boyfriend and she needs something to do. Plus, she thinks it's really exciting."
  • The Real World

Reggie

"I'd love to meet your roomies, Trev. You seem really fond of them, so they must be awesome. It's great that Tandy's excited." She pulls a leather jacket from the closet and shrugs into it, grabs a small purse. "Maybe we can meet up after Tonya time? Speaking of which, do you think she can possibly be as perky in person as she is over the phone? It's almost scary." She opens the door and holds it for you to go through, waiting for you to lead the way to the car.

You get to the restaurant and find parking, no problem. You give the hostess Tonya's name and she leads you to a big booth near the back.

Tonya

"Trevian and Regina! It's soooooo great to finally meet you!" She gives both of you a big hug and a kiss on the cheek, then sits back down. "Cocktail? Wine? Beer? Everything's a la carte here, you know."

• Trevian
    As we're talking on the way, I agree meeting my roomies is a great idea after dinner.

We see Tonya, and she's just as chipper as she sounds. I hug her in return, peck her on the cheek, and her smile's infectious. I sit down, looking over at Reggie. I know wines, because of work. I drop a nice vintage, nothing crazy, a couple hundred dollars a bottle. "Let's go with a 2006 Barolo." I grin, give them a nod, "Trust me."
  • edited October 2014

The Real World

You spend some time ordering and making small talk. You and Reggie wind up ordering the Porterhouse for two, and Tonya orders salad and the grilled shrimp. She also seriously over-orders sides for the three of you to share.

The sommelier brings your wine, but suggests you let it breathe until the food arrives.

That initial flurry of activity over, you lean back in the booth, Reggie's hand resting lightly on your thigh.

Tonya

"You two are adorable! The camera will absolutely eat you up." She smiles and you feel Reggie squeeze your leg lightly in amusement. "So, do you want business talk now, or shall we wait for the coffee and what-not?"

• Trevian
    I slip my hand over hers and I feel so elated right now, I know I've got a grin that won't go away. I glance over at Reggie and answer for us both, "Let's chat about business now, then we can all enjoy the food and drinks without it hanging over our heads." I look to Reggie again, "That cool with you?"
  • edited October 2014

The Real World

Reggie

"That's fine by me." She smiles.

Tonya

"Why don't I run through a few things, then you can fill me in on your brilliant plan." She pauses to pull a few folders from her briefcase. "I'll send you all the things electronically, but I thought a little paper would be easier for show-and-tell over dinner. First things first, I got a call just before I left the hotel. You'll see some big changes on the leaderboard next time you check, but don't freak out! Tychaeon has started stepping up ToS enforcement as they said they would, and several hundred thousand accounts have been suspended on the first pass. Eighteen of those were in the top 100."

She pauses for a sip of water, and Reggie asks, "Why were they suspended? Bots?"

Tonya nods. "About half that, and about half that were clearly being used by multiple players. Mostly gold-farming operations, but some of those had been re-purposed to work on the quest." Reggie nods in understanding. "Second, I'd like to set up an interview or two, just to get your feet wet. If you haven't gotten any calls yet from media outlets, you will soon. The ToS thing is going to be huge on the news feeds tomorrow, and that will kick the vultures into gear. Reggie, how long are you in town?"

Reggie pauses for a few seconds. "Well, here's the thing." She squeezes your thigh and moves both her hands to the table. She looks at you, then Tonya. "I quit my job Monday—the stipend covers me pretty well for now, and I'd be leaving in a few months anyway, for school. One of my running buddies was qualified and needed the work, so they were able to hire her right away. I guess I'm saying... I'm only at the Carolina Inn until Saturday morning, but there's no reason I can't stay a while longer. I can call my sister, she won't mind taking care of Jack Aubrey for longer."

• Trevian
    I nod along about the ban-hammer. That's nothing new, but it never affected me before. Well, sure, we lost a Guildie once, but he was a fucktard, so I didn't care. WeMar was in hot water for a few months, but we cleared.

When Reggie drops the bomb of sticking around, I try to hide my surprise. I'm elated, but also taken aback. Why did she hide that until now? Was there some kind of test and I passed? Or something else going on? After the Jessi bomb drop, I'm a little bit leery, but I push it aside.

I do look over at her, a brow arched. I won't question her here in front of Tonya, but well, I will later. For sure.
  • edited October 2014

The Real World

Reggie

Reggie sees your eyebrow go up. "Oh. No, I wasn't planning on staying longer than I was scheduled to, just when Tonya asked, I realized there was no reason not to stay, if it helped." She focuses back on Tonya. "So, yes. I can be around. I'm looking at The Mad Dragon's Crown as a project. Someone is going to win, eventually, and if we're in the top 100 and a company like Melzer-Togawa is interested enough to support us, I don't see any reason it can't be us."

Tonya

"Super!"

A foodrunner arrives with your salads, and Reggie quickly digs in as Tonya continues. "I'll set something up for Monday, then, but we'll want to meet over the weekend to give you some practice. I know you'll be great, but a little bit of prep never hurt anyone." She slides a stapled stack of paper across to your side of the table. "Last thing from me for right now. This is our analysts' appraisal of your most significant competition. Ten players that have good teams behind them, at least some of the critical aptitudes, and the experience and dedication to apply them."

You glance down at the summary page. One name jumps out immediately.

Toby Hanson: Roddik
    Sponsored?: Y (Weyland-Yutani)

• Trevian
    I curse quietly when I see Roddik. "Rod-dick has Y-T for a sponsor? Figures.... I hate them both." I look up at Tonya for a moment. "Tonya, Reg and I have been doing this mostly on our own because our guild has been fighting about how to handle the quest. It's gotten a little silly between the officers and I just wanted to have fun. Do you think it would help if we peeled off a few Guildies from WeMar to help?" I look to Reggie, "What do you think?"
  • edited October 2014

The Real World

Tonya

Tonya laughs a little and waves her hand. "That's your department, Trevian. I can have our numbers guys think about it, but it's you and your instincts that we're backing. I'm sure we could have found someone in-house, if all we wanted was a puppet for the squints." She mimes holding a marionette's strings.

Reggie

Reggie shakes her head. "No. No, I don't think that would be a good idea, Trev. Tight and focused."

"So, tell me... what do you have in the works? Any ideas for your next steps?"

Reggie nods, letting you start.

• Trevian
    I look to Reggie, sort of checking in. She seems okay with this, so I explain our plans. "Well, it turns out Eve grew up near here, and she mentioned some places in her hometown that we want to check out. Plus, I found a patch to her first game is available, so I've been poking around there for a while. My roomie Tandy has been doing some low-level stuff for us, but it's a long, long quest. I feel like there's a ton of nooks and crannies, we're just scratching the surface." There, factual but sort of vague.
  • The Real World

Tonya

Just as Tonya says, "Super! Sounds like you've got some great ideas," the waiter arrives with two big trays holding your steak, Tonya's shrimp, and a whole host of all the sides you can imagine. Tonya gives a little "ooh" of anticipation, but really? Shrimp at a steakhouse? They look a little lame from your perspective.

Reggie

Reggie, on the other hand, looks at your medium-rare Porterhouse with something like lust. She picks up her knife and fork and starts to carve into the massive hunk of meat. She pauses just before her knife cuts in. "I could eat a horse. I was dainty at lunch, just had a salad."

• Trevian
    "Dig in. This food is heavenly." I tell her. I do so as well. Shrimp here is... whatever. Steak-attack. The meat is so buttery and smooth that at one point, no lie, I put my left hand, palm down, on the table. Because I feel like I'm about to faint. So much food pleasure eating-gasms that my head feels light.

Not better than sex. But close.

I do eat, but I don't pig out. I want to take some home to Tandy. I know she'll dig this. Big time. Man, this is awesome. I'm loving this vintage. I only ever had the tiniest swig of this at the Dipper. It is as advertised.

"This is amazing, Tonya." I say, raising a glass to her. "To expense accounts and new friends."
  • The Real World

The rest of dinner is great. The food, of course, is amazing, and you did an amazing job with the wine. Tonya orders a second bottle after the first is a dead soldier. "Trevian, this was an amazing choice. One of the last great years before the Nebbiolo grapes crashed because of climate change."

Dinner, dessert, a half-bottle of Chateau d'Yguem split between the three of you after considering a glass of Port and other options. You're a Restaurant Industry Professional. Three glasses of wine are not a big deal. Reggie's a tiny bit buzzed, though, she had a little more of the Barolo than you did. It seems business is concluded for the night, and you've arranged to meet for a prep session Sunday afternoon.

"Well, I have an early flight tomorrow, and this hair doesn't wash itself! I'll see you two sweethearts on Sunday."

The tab is paid, and you head to Top of the Hill to meet Tandy and Jake. This place has been around forever... it's part restaurant, part bar, and 90% brew-pub, known for the beer they brew on-premises. Despite the fact that it's not super-close to your apartment, it's a favorite for your crew. Tandy and Jake are waiting at a high-top next to the bar, chatting.

• edited December 2014
    Trevian
    The rest of dinner was great company, with some great conversation. I got Reggie to talk about her veterinary skills and interests, I asked Tonya how she got into Black Marlin. It was great getting to know each of them around their interests and work.

The drive to Top of the Hill was mostly quiet. I'm growing more comfortable with Reggie's company, less giddy. We talk about game stuff, mostly. I hint about her sticking around as if it's a good thing.

Once we've parked, I lean over and kiss her. If she responds, I kiss her for a little. The wine, the food, her company, it's magical. She smells like steak, which is super hot. As we walk into Top of the Hill, I'm walking close to her. I don't have an arm around her, not holding her hand. I'm tempted, but I don't want to "claim ownership" and I also want Jake and Tandy to know her on her own terms.

"Reggie," I say as we come up to the high-top., "These are my two best friends in the world. This is Jake, and this is Tandy." Then, to Jake and Tandy, "This is Reggie, my TSol partner in crime." I let them meet and greet. I'm really curious about how she reacts to them. I'll slip into a chair. I don't pull a chair out for her, but I'm tempted. It's just, the chairs here don't really "scoot", so it would be a futile effort. "You guys alright tonight? Been into anything?"
  • The Real World

Reggie

On your way to the bar, Reggie brings up tomorrow. "So, I've got this breakfast thing at 8:30, and it could be very important like I said, so I think I'll just have you drop me off, or cab back to the hotel, if that's okay? I mean, after we hang out with your roomies. I don't think it'll last too long. We can be on the road by 11, for sure, if you want. Just meet me at the room again, like today? I should be back there by 10."

When you kiss her, she responds with enthusiasm. You both notice the two frat boys standing on the sidewalk and applauding at the same time. She laughs and kisses you one more time, making a show of it.

You know, Trev, I'm curious, too, about how everyone gets along. Reggie's a pretty different animal from Jake and Tandy and chemistry can be tricky when you're introducing someone new into an established circle. I'm going to ask for a roll. I'll even give you a bonus die, since all three of these people love you in their own way and they really want for things to click.

If you hit a 12, everything works out, but there are a few bumps along the way. I'll describe one and ask you to do the same.

If you hit a 14, you settle into things comfortably.

If you hit a 16 or higher, it goes like gangbusters—Reggie and your roomies are thick as thieves. I'll describe one particularly great moment and ask you to do the same.

• Trevian
    I'd really like to use a trait other than Likeable. I feel like I'm a one horse act, a little. I considered Tinkerer, but since it's pretty specifically about video games and tech, I don't think I can shoehorn it in. So... Likeable it is.
  • Likeable plus one bonus die:
    (Rolled: 5d6. Rolls: 4, 2, 5, 4, 5. Total: 20)
  • Trevian
    That's an 18!!!!
  • The Real World

There are moments when things just work, so distinctly that you can almost hear the click of the universe putting the pieces together. This night turns out to be one of those moments.

Tandy exclaims over Reggie's skull-print dress, but manages the conversational transition from fashion to life gracefully. Reggie tells funny stories about her cat, but just a few.

Jake

Jake recognizes the name. "Jack Aubrey? Like from Master and Commander... I love those books." ...and he and Reggie talk happily about Patrick O'Brian and the Aubrey/Maturin books for a bit.

Here's the really cool moment. You all eventually move over to the pool table, and decide to play boys-against-girls. You and Jake are a team of long standing—the Kurumatsus have a pool table in their basement rec room. Here's the thing, though. The girls absolutely wreck you. The first game, Jake doesn't even get to shoot. Reggie breaks and follows up by knocking in about half the solids. You knock the ten in, then scratch trying to bank in the fourteen. Tandy finishes running the table, cutting the eight ball into a side pocket like a pro. Of course, you decide that you should go best two out of three.

The second game isn't much better, I fear. You and Jake can only shake your heads and smile as Tandy and Reggie high-five and tease you.

You're pretty sure you catch Reggie checking out Tandy's ass while she's bent over the pool table, but there's no way to prove that, of course.

• edited October 2014
    Trevian
    Who doesn't check out Tandy's ass? I mean, besides Jake. And besides me when Jake is looking. I give Reggie a look when I catch her, and a knowing smile. I remember A'Lyssor, girl. It's the wicked little grin and shrug back that gets my blood flowing.

Watching Jake and Reggie get along really unlocks things. Like always, Tandy follows his lead. We're really hitting it off! I'm thinking about how great it would be if Reggie's going to school here, and the four of us going out for drinks.

Then I catch Tandy doing this thing she does. She brushes her hair behind her left ear. It's a tell. It's a "I want to be pretty for you and I'm into you" tell. She's totally doing it when Reggie and her talk after the second game of pool, when we're about to leave so I can take Reggie back to the hotel. Plus, when Tandy hugs her, it's kind of a longish hug.... I'm probably looking for this shit. I mean, really.

On the drive back to Carolina Inn, I ask Reggie, "What did you think? They're pretty cool, right?"
  • The Real World

Reggie sighs and leans back in the seat, stretching like a cat. "They're great, Trev. That was so much fun! Oh, since you're not coming in tonight, I got you a little something while I was in the ladies room." She reaches into her purse and pulls out her panties. "Just so you don't forget." She drops them in your lap.

• Trevian
    I chuckle, and look down at them, then look over at her with a big grin. "Are these yours? I saw how you were checking Tandy out, you sly girl, you."
  • edited October 2014

The Real World

Reggie

Reggie smiles. "Oh, they're mine." She does something in the dark of the bucket seat, then reaches up to turn on the dome light, so you can plainly see she's pulled up her dress. She's definitely commando at the moment. She pulls it back down and turns off the light.

"As to your sexy roomies, sure I was looking. Jake is yummy and Tandy's really something, isn't she? But it's nice to know that I'll have friends if tomorrow morning goes the way I think it will, and I wind up moving here. Tonight felt so natural, and it could so easily have been like being a guest-star on one of those old 'buddies hanging out in a bar' sitcoms."

You pull into the parking lot and find a loading/unloading spot, right near the door. It's late and there's no foot traffic to be seen. "Trevian, this is weird, isn't it? I mean, I think we were both pretty much expecting sex when I got here, but I couldn't possibly have imagined that it would be so easy to cross the border from pixels and electrons to flesh and friends." She sighs contentedly. "I'm really looking forward to tomorrow. I've heard the Appalachians are beautiful this time of year, when the leaves are turning."

• Trevian
    Oh, you know I check her out when she shows me the goods. I'm a slave to my passions, and I am most def passionate about Reg.

I park to let her off, already missing her a little. When she says we're like a sitcom, I snicker, but I don't joke about how many POC we have, and how it'd never make it to a network. I get what she's saying and it's really sweet.

"It's amazing, that's what it is." I answer about how close we've become. "I got to know you the gamer, and I've always dug spending time with you. Now that I've met you, and we're really clicking, I don't want to scare you off, but I really want you to stay. To see, I dunno, how far this goes."

I lean over and kiss her for a bit, and yeah, I sneak a hand down between her legs. For, you know, something to remind me of her until tomorrow. But it's just a little tease, nothing too long. Then I pull back, "You better escape now, Reg, or I may not let you go."

Once she leaves, I'll head back towards Top of the Hill. I'll text Jake to see if he's there still. If they headed home, I'll shoot Jessi a text, just to check in. Haven't heard from her in, what, a day or so?
  • edited October 2014

The Real World

Reggie's gone. You're driving back to meet Jake. The car smells a little like steak, a little like Reggie's perfume, a little bit like the joint you smoked with Jessi, what, just over a week ago? Before Eve's announcement, anyway.

You tell your phone to text Jessi, just checking in. She responds just as you park again outside Top of the Hill.

Hey! Things are okay. No more contact, but I'm still worried. And a little lonely right now. You up for a booty call?
  • Trevian
    So, here's the part where I have to choose between an easy lay that might come back on me later, or "stay true" to Reggie.

I'm just going to head on to see Jake and Tandy at Top.

To: Jessi Glad you're okay. I'm meeting up with Jake at Top. I could swing by later to hang out. Not so sure about booty, but do want to see ya. Trev
  • The Real World

It's ok. Maybe soon? Are you working tomorrow night?

Jake's sitting at the bar with his sketchbook out, drawing that pretty bartender, Margaret. It's a Wednesday night, so things have already thinned out some, but you spot Tandy easily at the other end of the bar. From her gestures, she's probably telling one of the other regulars about kicking your ass at pool for once. Who do you go sit next to?

• Trevian
    Jake. Always Jake. "You should talk to her." I say as I take a seat by him. If I see Tandy look over, I'll give her a nod and a wave. Braggart.
  • The Real World

Jake

"We talk, man." He tugs on his right ear, which is one of his tells. Specifically his "all is not as well in the world as I'm pretending it is" tells. "Hey, Reggie's awesome! And hot?" A little whistle. "That's a jackpot falling into your lap out of the sky, isn't it?"

Margaret brings you a beer, a glass of water, and a smile. "Hey, Trevian. Cute girl tonight! She new?"

• Trevian
    "She's looking at schools here," I answer Margie. "We're buddies through a video game, isn't that crazy?"

When she moves on, I lean over, "You okay, man?"

• edited October 2014

The Real World

Jake

"Nothing." When you give him the "don't bullshit a bullshitter" look, he blows a breath out past his lips. "Jill, man. She needs to focus on her work, and I'm a distraction. But she's trying to keep me on the string. 'It'll be better after this semester. Just give me some time?' Shit. Worst thing? I'm thinking about it. Thinking 'Two months isn't that long.'"

The sketch of Margaret is really good. You're used to Jake's skill with concepts and characters, but sketches from life like this? It almost looks as if the simple pencil sketch could hop up and pour you a beer.

• Trevian
    I lean over to make sure he knows I'm looking at the sketch. "Man, that's badass. You have a great eye," I glance up at Margie, "For beauty." Take a drink of my beer, a nice little lager, not too heavy. "Here's my unsolicited advice, man. Take a break from Jill for the semester. Lets the pressure off both of you. You can just do whatever, not worry about her, not expect girlfriend stuff from her. Check in every once in a while, keep it friendly." I raise my glass, "And then we go out and have fun like pre-Jill times. You know? You're acting old and married, man. That's fucked up. We're still young! We need to like sew our wild oats and make dumb mistakes with attractive women and leave the responsible shit for later."

I know I'm overselling it, but I have to go big for it to get to Jake at all. He'll punch me, call me a Peter Pan or an idiot or something, but then he'll concede a little. I think he and Jill are great together. When they're actually together, which isn't lately. I feel bad for him. Because Margie would love to go out with him, and she is really a sweet girl. And fine. Damn, she fine.

During a lull, I pull out my phone to reply to Jessi.

To: Jessi I swapped shift tomorrow night. I'm off. Video game buddy in town. We're workin on that big quest. You sure no hang out? Trev
  • The Real World

Jake

Jake reacts interestingly. He doesn't punch you. Doesn't call you anything. He takes out his phone and types for a few seconds, then puts it down and returns to the conversation. He tells you about a new job, designing and installing a mural for a new coffeehouse in Cary. A few sentences in, his phone dings, and he looks at the message. He keeps explaining the job, it's a Greek Mythos thing apparently. The place is gonna be called Athena Coffee Shop. Next time Margaret comes over to check on you, he looks at her. "So, are you working tomorrow night? I've just realized I'm free, if you want to go listen to some music or something."

Tandy's done with her conversation, and starts walking over.

I'm just gonna go to bed. See you soon.
  • Trevian
    Whoah. That. Was that a break-up? Did he actually listen to me?

Holyshit he did! He asked out Margie! Hot dayum. I'm on tenterhooks waiting for the answer. I give Tandy the subtlest of hand waves, sort of waving her off while I try to not look like I'm eavesdropping.
  • The Real World

"Sure. I'd like that. Yes! Kudzu Bug is playing in Raleigh tomorrow, I was going to go with some girlfriends, but... yes!"

Jake

Jake gives her that smile. The one that cut a swathe through the JV Cheerleading squad when he was just a Freshman. "Great. Meet here, then? Seven o'clock?"

Tandy

Tandy finishes the walk over to your stools. "What's up? Trev, Reggie's great! I hope she winds up here, so we can all hang out." She does it again, that thing with her hair.

• edited October 2014
    Trevian
    Goooo Jake! Hot damn, he's back! This is amazing. This whole night.

I let them chat and turn to Tandy. When she mentions all hanging out, I nod, "Yeah. I mean, I knew she was cool and all, but I never imagined she'd be so, I dunno, adorable!" I chuckle, put a hand on her arm lightly, "On the way back to her hotel, she couldn't stop talking about how awesome you and Jake are. She said you were, and I'm quoting her really something. Said we were all like a sitcom, we got along so well. I really hope she doesn't leave." I so want to ask her more, but there's time. I don't want to spook her about Reggie. But hey, if she keeps talking, I'll listen.
  • The Real World

Tandy

"So, are you ready for Friday night? You'll have to act sophisticated, and I still haven't seen your outfit. You'll be back from your road trip in time, right? We'll need to leave the apartment by 7:30."

Margie leaves Jake to take care of other customers, and he turns to you both.

Jake

"So yeah, Jill and I are on a break."

• Trevian
    I answer Tandy, "I'm ready. I was born ready for a fancy party. I'm going to sophisticate your pants off, T-Dog." I grin. Then I pull out my phone and show her a pic that Jessi took of me with the suit on, "What do you think about this?"

When Jake announces the break, I hold up a hand, "High five, man! That's a good call."
  • The Real World

Tandy

Tandy looks at the picture of you wearing your vintage suit. She tilts her head to the side and narrows her eyes in consideration. "We..." she starts, then pauses. "...are going to be the prettiest things at the museum, I think." She gives you a quick hug around the neck and the full, unselfconscious smile that happens so rarely. (Mrs. Kurumatsu is still of a generation of Japanese-American women that cover their mouths with their hands when they smile or laugh.)

When Jake makes his pronouncement, she frowns just a little. "This has not been a good week for Kurumatsu-related romance, has it?"

Jake

Jake returns your high-five with a too-bright smile. "Yeah, man, we'll just line 'em up and knock 'em down, like the old times." He's acting for you, Trevian, and he knows you know it.

• Trevian
    Tandy's compliment, calling me pretty, it probably shouldn't make me feel this good. But it does. I smile back at her, no shame. I love that she doesn't hide it. She's so wonderful, it makes me feel worried and giddy. Pre-Reggie, this date would be the best night of my life. Now, it's amazing and confusing and I'm still super excited.

I know Jake's going to fake it till he makes it, but I've got his back. "Margie is so cool. You two will have an awesome time together." I buy the next round. If Tandy drinks this one, I know she's looking to get drunk. She's a real lightweight around alcohol.
  • edited October 2014

The Real World

Tandy does drink another glass of Pinot Grigio. Jake raises an eyebrow but doesn't say anything. Margie's suddenly fully on. Touching Jake's hand across the bar, laughing at the right moments, exclaiming over the sketch when he shows her. You all chat and joke easily for about fifteen minutes before Jake looks over at you and nods toward the front door, which is at your back. "Uh, dude?"

Jessi

You turn. It's Jessi. Tight tight black jeans, a tight leather jacket unzipped far enough to show some pretty significant cleavage. She walks right up to you and kisses you. It's going to be a deep, hard kiss unless you stop that from happening. What do you do?

• Trevian
    Uhm, wow. Shit, she looks hot. She's coming right up to me, and there's this predatory look in her eyes and I'm thinking about that night and she's on me, and kissing me and I think of Reggie. Jessi puts her tongue in my mouth, and I think of Reggie. Oh man, that's not good. I haven't had that problem since sophomore year of high school.

As gently as I can, I ease Jessi off me, try to slip it into a hug, "Jess! Hey girl!" I look over at Jake, a "please bro help me" look in my eye for a moment.
  • edited October 2014

The Real World

Jessi

Jessi gives a sincere chuckle as she zips up her jacket to a more usual (but still sexy) level. "You should see your face!" She doesn't have that bright-eyed sharp look she did last week, Trev. You're no expert, but it does seem like this is just Jessi, not the Jessi on marching powder you saw before. "Decided hanging out was preferable to moping in the dark, and you mentioned where you were, so I just came to you."

Jake's shaking his head in wonder or bemusement. Is this a record for you, Trev, two hotties in one night?

Jessi orders a White Russian and sits down on a stool in that endearing, slightly awkward fashion of hers.

• Trevian
    When Jessi pulls back and eases off, I'm like "oh, thank God", and a smile, a nervous one, slips on my face. "Glad you came out." I look at Jake, and I'm like "I have no idea. I'm going with the flow."

I sit beside her, "What're you moping about girl?" I'm close, but I'm not on her. She's one of my buddies, I don't like it when she's mopey. I hope I'm not the cause.
  • The Real World

Jessi

Jessi gives Jake a warm hello. Tandy rates a nod. She turns back when you ask about her mopiness, takes a sip of her drink, and shrugs. "Just all the things. The asshole, hormones." She lowers her voice, so only you can hear her. "And I scared myself last week with the... the stuff, you know? It felt good, but I know it's not." Another sip. "So, how is it, meeting your 'video game buddy'?" She's not challenging, really almost more wistful. You can read Tandy's body language. She's definitely straining to eavesdrop, while pretending to pay attention to Jake and Margie's flirtations.

• Trevian
    I nod to Jessi's reasons as she ticks them off. I feel for her, she's been so cool and laid back until this whole recent thing. I don't want to blow it out of proportion, forget she's a really cool person.

"Reggie is really awesome, cooler in person than online, actually." I admit that without hesitation. "Did I mention we got a sponsor? They took us out to eat, at Ruth's Chris, no less. Wined and dined....no sixty nine, though." That's a Dipper joke, I had to cover it before she did.

She looks really great. I am glad she's out of the house. I raise my glass of beer, "To killing mopes with alcohol."
  • edited October 2014

The Real World

Jessi

Jessi meets your toast. She takes an Altoids tin out of her purse, opens it so you can see six neatly rolled joints. With Jake and Tandy so close, she chooses to be sneaky. She sees your phone sitting there on the bar, so she takes out hers and sends a quick text while still chatting.

Smoke up? Parked out back.
    Reggie came through with the
    good stuff. Not your Reggie.
    My GUY Reggie.
  • Trevian
    I'm telling a funny work story about a guy trying to do a proposal, but he left the metal ring box to close to the eye. Jessi came in for the save with some salad tongs. She said yes. It was awesome. I know that shit makes Tandy mist up.

Her "guy Reggie" has very good stuff. I look at the text, then shoot back while talking to her.

To: Jessi It looks about 4:20. Head on now. I'll catch up with you in a few. Trev
  • edited October 2014

The Real World

Jessi excuses herself. Gives you a kiss on the cheek, Jake a hug, and Tandy... a hug, that sort of pro forma pat. As she walks out, every male, and about half of the females in the bar are watching her in those jeans. You're going to wait five minutes, but after about three, Jake cuts in.

Jake

"Dude, the clock on your phone must be slow. It's 4:20. We know you're going." Tandy chuckles and agrees.

Jessi

A few minutes later, you're both sitting in the back seat of Jessi's car, passing a joint back and forth. And it is the good stuff. It's a floaty kind of high, head and body seeming disconnected while your brain makes its own new connections. At some point, you realize Jessi's hand is in your lap, massaging you without urgency. She says, "It's a pretty night. I think I like having seasons."

• Trevian
    I lay back, adjusting so I can put the top of my head against the side window and look at the sky. Hot damn, I love my life right now. "Yeah, Jess. It looks awesome out there." I notice the massage, but I'm a little drunk and a little more high. Not even sure I can get it up, not sure I care. I'm just floating, man.
  • The Real World

Jessi

It's a companionable half hour. You talk about inconsequentials. How much Jessi loves Rocky Road ice cream, because of all the different textures. Why the word blue tastes purple. How much the Phish reunion tour last year sucked. She does take your cock out and stroke it for a while absent-mindedly, and it feels nice, but nothing much happens.

It's late. Two in the morning again kinda late. Jessi's in no hurry, she offers to light up another joint. You know it's probably not cool to smoke any more if you're driving home, but this is the good stuff, right?

What do you do?

• edited October 2014
    Trevian
    Oh wow, my cock is out of my pants. I look down at lil T. 'How'd you get out?' heh.

"I gotta get up at like 8:30, Jess." I tell her as I sit up and put lil T back home. I lean over and kiss her cheek soft, then nuzzle her neck playfully where I know she's ticklish. I whisper in her ear, "Thanks for the smoke and hangout. Really glad you came out, girl." I hope she gets I'm really not in a sexy mood. I'm barely connected.
  • The Real World

Jessi

"Sure thing Trev. Thanks for being there." She opens the door so she can get in the driver's seat, but comes around to give you a hug first. "You're special, Trevian. Really special." She moves back around to her side and gets in. You watch her drive away before walking through the alley to your own hooptie.

You're a little buzzed and still a little high, but really you're mostly tired. It's been a really full day, and tomorrow promises a lot. More Reggie time, a trip to Eve's childhood home, a hunt for a clue that might get you a step closer to being a multi-multi-millionaire. You get home fine. Jake's asleep with his bedroom door closed, Tandy's still fiddling in the half-bath she uses for her morning and evening face-and-hair routines.

Somewhere in the apartment, there's an out-of-season cricket taking shelter from the October chill and expressing its appreciation for your hospitality with a chirr chirr chirr.

You fall asleep in your nifty new outfit, with a smile on your face.

---End Scene---