[In and Out] Hickory Dickory (2.1)

edited October 2014 in PnR

The Real World

The Hickory Dickory Inn is beautiful, Trevian, a stately Victorian-era farmhouse about 20 minutes outside of Hickory, at the base of the Blueridge Mountain foothills. There's a grand parlor, with a gorgeous mahogany piano and a restored pump-organ, right off the entryway and the "front desk" is curlicued with hand-crafted leaves and flowers.

Charles and Carlos, the proprietors, exclaim over the two of you as you walk in, wearing your comfortable travelling clothes. You're so adorable, they say, that they're going to upgrade you to the honeymoon suite, since it's empty and the two of you are (yes, they say it again) so adorable. Carlos whisks you upstairs, while Charles insists on carrying your overnight bags himself.

You're in a big, beautiful room, with afternoon sun streaming in, a king-sized bed, and an attached bathroom with a jacuzzi. There's a bowl of fresh fruit on the dresser and Carlos or Charles (they talk over each other) has offered to bring up a bottle of champagne in a minute if you want it. "Well, really, it's prosecco, but what's a few bubbles between friends?" It's two in the afternoon. The Appalachian culture center that Eve funded is 20 minutes away, and you don't have to leave until three tomorrow if you want to get back in time to shower and change for Tandy's fundraiser.

What do you do?

Comments

• Trevian
    Carlos and Charles are nice guys. It's interesting to be sort of pampered. Never been on this side of it until Ruth's Chris and now this. Not something I'd want all the time, but a cool change of pace.

Jacuzzi? Oh hell yeah!

I ask Charles to put my backpack on the bed so I can unpack, shake his hand, and Carlos's, too. I tip him $20, because I'm in the service industry and that's what you do. I don't make a thing of it. I hope he doesn't either. The suite upgrade alone is tippable.

After they leave, I grab an apple and take a bite, looking out at the lush trees. "You wanna head out to the culture center now? I figure we can check it out, make a short day trip out of it, then come back here.... check out the jacuzzi, eat some yummy supper... see what happens. You know?" I give her a sly smile.
  • edited October 2014

The Real World

When you try to tip Charles, he waves you away with a good-natured laugh. "Carlos and I own the place, Trevian. You don't need to tip us. You can leave it on the dresser for Mrs. Goodman when you check out, though, if you like." The pair leaves.

Reggie

Reggie flops back on the big bed like she's going to make a snow angel and sighs contentedly. "Did I do good, Trev? Scratch that. I know I did good. This place is beautiful." After you suggest heading out right away, she grabs your hand and pulls you down to the bed for a deep kiss. "Yes. Let's see what we can find. If we run out of time this afternoon, we can go back in the morning." She kisses you again. When she pulls back, her smile is easily as bright as the perfect autumn light streaming through the window.

• Trevian
    "It's fantastic." I compliment her. "I really like this place. Maybe if you end up staying, we can come back again? Oh, that reminds me, how was this morning?" I sit on the bed beside her, anxious to hear the good news. I assume it's good, since she's in a pleasant mood.
  • The Real World

Reggie

Her smile brightens further, if you can believe it. "Why, Trevian, I'm so glad you asked! I wanted to wait, enjoy the drive and the leaves, not talk about myself for a little, but... Apparently the Dean of Students is friends with the lady I've been talking to up at Cornell, and she mentioned me in a conversation. Trev, they're in some sort of pissing match to get me, and NC pissed the farthest. I get my dual-degree program, the research fellowship, a living stipend, and all of my books and materials covered."

She grabs the apple out of your hand, takes a bite, chews. When she continues, her face is more serious. "So... I'm going home Tuesday. I'm going to pack up my apartment, rent a truck, and drive back. Classes don't start until January, but with the quest, and you, I feel like my gravity has shifted. It doesn't make sense for me to tread water in Lansing. Besides it will be cold before long!"

She's waiting for your reaction as she hands you back the apple. You hear the cackling call of a pheasant from the woods behind the house.

• Trevian
    I chuckle when she complains about cold. "It gets cold in North Carolina, too." I take a bite of the apple, chew on it a couple bites, then swallow.

"So, you're in orbit?" I ask with a grin. "Around me?"
  • The Real World

Reggie

"Trevian, you have no idea what cold is. The weather's gotten so crazy... last January, we had a string of 11 days below -5, and a week later it was in the 60's. I could probably go skinny-dipping on your coldest day in the Triangle."

When you ask about orbits, she blinks and lets out a short bark of laughter. "Are you always this cocky, Trevian?" She lays back again for a moment, then pops up like she's on a spring. "Let's do this thing, Trev! We're wasting daylight."

• Trevian
    When Reggie mentions skinny dipping, I smirk, just thinking about it. It's a nice image. She asks if I'm always this cocky and I grin while taking a big bite of my apple.

Then we're up and heading out the door, down the stairs, out to the car. I find a quaint little waste basket and toss the apple core away. As I start up the car, I tell her, "I don't have XM or anything, good luck finding anything on the radio here. Some CDs in the back seat, if you want to play something." It's mostly underground hip hop stuff, Tribe Called Quest, de la Soul, some newer stuff like Jurassic Five, Lyrics Born, Dr. Octagon, Ugly Duckling and of course, some Public Enemy. For reasons.
  • The Real World

Reggie

Reggie considers the selection, even has Dr. Octagon in her hand for a second, but puts it back. She pulls out her phone, fishes for a cord in her purse, plugs it into the auxiliary jack. "This is my new jam. I must warn you, your butt-cheeks are going to twitch, since you can't dance. I mean, it's my new jam, it's not a new jam." She pushes the button.

You arrive at the Holt Center and follow the signs past a theater, a library, a large building labelled "Studios," and various other parts of the Appalachian Culture part of the mission, to the archive and research center that Eve's childhood home has been converted into.

Eve's Home

You park in one of the four spots, and Reggie grabs your hand for a squeeze as you take the stairs up to the porch. There, an Indian or Pakistani man nods to you in casual greeting as he sits in a wooden rocking chair smoking a cigar. The door to the house is open, just a storm door to open as you enter.

A pretty, but very bored-looking blonde about your age is sitting at the desk, doing something on her tablet. With that flat-vowelled Appalachian drawl, she says, "Please sign in the guest book, darlins."

• Trevian
    This African beat is really damn good. I do some car dancing while we drive along, mostly shoulder rolls, a couple butt twitches for good measure. "This music is awesome, Reggie." It puts me in a great mood as we park and head up to the museum.

I give the cute girl at the desk a nod, being polite, then sign in, hand the pen to Reggie. I figure they might get, I don't know, more credit for out-of-state visitors or something. Once she's done signing in, I'll take Reggie's hand and walk in with her.

"This is pretty cool, yeah?" I ask, making conversation. "Do you go to museums often?"
  • edited October 2014

The Real World

Trevian, it's not so much a museum, as you expected, and more of an archive. There are big cabinets along the walls of the first room you enter, with worktables and a few network stations sitting along another wall. There's a hallway leading further into the house. Reggie says, "Most of the documents are digitized, available online. If there's something unique here, it's probably not in the files, right?"

She heads further in, looking around. Shelves of out-of-date books about programming and game theory, display cases full of electronic toys and action figures. You're just doing a survey at the moment, checking out the space. Finally, at the back of the house, after you pass a locked door or two marked "Administration" and "Maintenance," you come to a room puzzlingly set up like the bedroom of a teenaged girl. This obviously isn't the room Eve lived in at this age (the house wasn't in the family), but it looks like some sort of reproduction. A Moby poster on the wall, next to one of Hope Solo. The computer on the little desk would've been powerful when you were six or seven, a Dell tower attempting to look sleek, with a 24 inch LCD monitor. There's a velvet rope stretched across the threshold to the room, and a sign that says, PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH.

"I have a feeling about this, Trev. Don't you?"

• Trevian
    I nod, reaching over to move the rope and stepping into the room. I head over to the Moby poster, then trail my way around to the computer. If Reggie wants to sit and type, that's cool. If not, I'll take a seat and see what we can find.
  • The Real World

Reggie

Reggie raises an eyebrow when you violate the sanctity of the velvet rope, but she follows you in. She moves around the room while you settle at the computer. "I'll check out the room. You've got more skillz than I do, I think."

You punch the power button. Nothing.

You check the power cord. Firmly attached to the wall and the back of the tower.

You wiggle all the things, making sure that connections are tight, even blowing some dust off the end of a few of the cords.

Trevian, what do you do?

• Trevian
    Well, I do what any good hacker would do. I pull out my little multi-tool, sit down by the tower and crack that case open. Hell, it would be funny if it wasn't even really a computer, you know?

• The Real World

Trevian, you fiddle for a minute, get the back of the tower open. This was clearly a real computer at some point, but years of dust and disuse have clogged the innards. The power supply doesn't even seem to be connected any more. You're good with this shit, right? Do you have your full kit in the car, or are you just working with the multitool?

If you do go out to the car and get your kit, you get a Bonus die, but Miss Apathetic at the front desk, or the man on the porch, might take note. It's your choice.

Either way, you can roll for me. Tinkerer seems right, yes? So 3 dice, or 4 dice keep the top 3. To get the machine running, it just takes an 8. However, there's a time element here. It was about 3 PM when you arrived, and the place closes at 5. It's taken maybe 20 minutes of looking at books and files and things to get to this room. It's 3:20. It's a good guess that Miss Bored North Carolina will do a sweep at 4:00, making sure everyone (that's you and Reggie) knows that there's only an hour to go before she closes up and heads to whatever night-life she enjoys in Boone. So... let's call it half an hour, if you want to accomplish anything before she shows up?

An 8 gets you the information eventually, but you'll have to convince the girl to let you stay in this off-limits room and keep doing your thing. A 10 means you'll get it up and running in time, but she'll pop her head in before you've gotten any real access—you'll have to deal with her and probably come back tomorrow. Every two above 10 you roll knocks 10 minutes off your time to get the box up, gives you that much time to explore.

• Trevian
    I'll go out for my kit, this will need some work.

Tinkerer (bonus die, plus a bonus Experience die)
    Going for 5 dice, keep best 3
    (Rolled: 5d6. Rolls: 1, 5, 6, 5, 1. Total: 18)

• Trevian
    Hell yeah! That's a 16 sir.

• edited October 2014

The Real World

Trev, you manage it like a boss. You run out to the car and come back in with your little canvas tool bag mostly hidden in the kangaroo pocket of your hoodie. The cigar-smoking-man on the porch clocks you as you pass back into the house, but Work-Study-Girl barely looks up from her tablet.

You get the computer up and running with a puff of compressed air and the turn of a tiny phillips head screwdriver. You punch the power button again, and it comes to life. The screen brightens, goes through the ancient Windows 8 login sequence, then goes black. After a few seconds, you see this:

Shall We Play a Game?

You probably have 30 minutes before you're interrupted. What do you do?"

• edited October 2014
    Trevian
    I sit in the chair, crack my knuckles and grin at Reggie.

DOS_Prompt1

I figure, you might as well ride out the joke, right? I glance back at Reggie, "War Games... you know?"
  • The Real World

Reggie

Reggie returns your grin. "The classics, right?" She gives you a kiss on the top of the head and looks over your shoulder as words appear on the screen.

> How about a nice game of chess?
  • Trevian
    I chuckle. "Nice. I doubt this will do what it did in the movie, but might as well follow the trail of bread crumbs, right?"

DOS_Prompt2

• The Real World

Reggie

"Does this make me whatserface? Ally Sheen, or whatever?" She laughs as she waits for words to appear on the screen.

> Fine.

The screen wipes to present the familiar Peace of Ages logo, and then a development environment over an antiquated (but not for the time) Subversion revision control repository. There is so much code, so many branches and revisions. It's intimidating, and when you think about it, an amazing and exciting artifact of a mind you've admired for so long.

You feel the clock ticking, though. There is too much here for a half hour, probably too much for the full hour-and-a-half that you have at a maximum.

What do you do?

• Trevian
    "Ally Sheedy is one of the hottest eighties movies girls," I answer Reggie. "So yes."

I spend a few minutes looking at the code, trying to parse it. "Holy shit, Reggie. There's so much stuff here. This is amazing code. It's like her whole life. I don't even know where to start, what to unlock... ideas?"
  • The Real World

Reggie

Reggie smirks at the compliment. "Is anything... new? Within the last several months? Do you have any way of grabbing the whole thing, looking at it later?" She looks at her phone.

Here's the thing. Every single branch of the main repository has a new commit on the same day. As it happens, last Thursday, the day Eve made her announcement.

The situation: one computer, unconnected to the Internet by live wire or wifi, and when you check, there's not even a WiFi adapter onboard at the moment. Multiple USB 3.0 ports, a format that was deprecated nine years ago. There's no printer in the room. You could remove the hard drive, but wouldn't that be close to vandalism? And maybe even... cheating? There's an optical drive that would take hours to copy everything in the repository, it's not even, what was it called, BluRay.

If you have a USB drive with the right connectors in your bag, you might be able to set it up to copy, let it run overnight, come back and get it somehow tomorrow. Doesn't look like security's too tight. If you don't, you might have to do some old-tech treasure hunting and come back for a few hours tomorrow.

What do you do?

Oh, BTW, you DO see a file diff comparison tool that can tell you which of the chunks of PoA have undergone the biggest changes after the recent commit. Once you have the repository, this information should be a big leg up. (We'll call that a Bonus Die for analyzing what you wind up with, when that happens.)

• Trevian
    I answer Reggie while looking through the files. "We could take the hard drive, but that feels kinda shitty. She left it here for a reason, you know?" I huff a little frustrated sigh, "If I had a USB thumb drive, I could snag it overnight. I don't think I have one, but maybe..." I start rifling through my bag.

There it is, in an Altoids tin at the bottom of my bag, I find a novelty thumb drive Margie gave me once. It's old, should fit this format, I think.
    Thumb Drive

"Check it out, Reggie. Who's your boy?" I show her my Bud Drive before I insert it into the USB slot in the back. I pull up the files on my thumb drive, which are some bloatware I never futzed with, and a few little "HD" quality media files of Ghost in the Shell 2nd Gig episodes and the entire discography of Prince. No idea how that gone on there. Not sure how much room I need, so I check drive capacity against Eve's computer. "Oh well," I say quietly to Reggie, or nobody in particular. "Bye bye Prince and Motoko." I wipe the thumb drive, then set up a program to copy all of Eve's hard drive to the Bud one.

"We'll need to come back tomorrow to pick this up." I tell her as I turn off the monitor and start heading for the velvet rope. "What do you want to go do now?"
  • The Real World

Reggie

It's in place and copying, almost like you're a superspy on a web-vid. Almost, of course, means "old tech" in this circumstance. Sloooooow. Reggie answers you question. "Dinner, Mr. Bond? Carlos gave me some tips on restaurants in Hickory, and one fancy-schmancy place just outside that does 'seasonal, local cuisine.' I'm guessing that's pumpkin and turkey."

You hide the Bud Drive as best you can while keeping it connected. It's plugged in to the USB port on the tower, down in the shadows below the desk.

On the way out, bored-girl gives you a nod like, whatever. The cigar-smoker on the porch is still there, just rocking now. He says, "You're the first." and bumps his phone out toward you. You feel the buzz of your phone receiving his information, but you're on the way out. In a hurry to get out before your little hack is noticed, right?

You put the phone on the dash as you head toward the "seasonal, local" place. You're on expense account, yes? Anyway, Reggie picks it up.

"Holy shit! That was Rama Patel!"

• Trevian
    I stare at my phone for a moment, then look over at her. "Wow... he's just there? You know there's something HUGE there, has to be." I chuckle, "Can't believe I didn't recognize him. Seen him on Joystiq interviews and Game Informer pages, too."

I follow the address on my phone towards the fancy place. "Am I dressed up enough, Reggie?" I ask, less because I'm worried for me, more because I don't want her to feel uncomfortable with me in my jeans and a pullover. She looks really nice, of course. Coming to find she always looks really nice.
  • The Real World

On the way off the grounds of the Center, Reggie notices something. Underneath the sign that says Museum of Appalachian Folkways, there's a smaller line of text. Gift Shop Open 10:00 to 3:00.

Reggie

Impressions are funny. You feel like Reggie's dressed up so much more than you, but, "I think we're both okay, Trev, unless it's double-plus fancy. Carlos said the food was 'fabulous,' so it's worth a shot." It comes to you that despite "looking really nice," Reggie's wearing jeans that fit well (not super-tight, they just fit), mid-length black boots that hug her calves, a simple fitted white buttoned shirt, and a tweed jacket. Classic look, yes, but not fancy. To reassure you both, though, she looks it up on her phone.

"Oh! We're good, for sure. It says The Green Man serves family-style at communal tables, yada yada Elevated but simple Southern food in a relaxed atmosphere. Hey, this is kind of cool. They're partners with the NC State extension program, part of a program to encourage small-scale, sustainable farming. Neat?"

You arrive at the exit for the restaurant. The long, winding drive takes you through small fields laden with pumpkins and squash, greens of all sorts, patches showing the green tops of root vegetables, even a small trellised vineyard with fat Muscadine grapes. The restaurant itself is in an old, renovated farmhouse. There are several cars in the parking lot, but it's not crowded by any means.

When you enter, an attractive black woman of about your mother's age introduces herself as Mandy. She tells you that they're about ten minutes away from the first seating and offers you sweet tea ("It's the only thing we serve that's not grown in North Carolina!") while you wait. "Just find yourselves a seat anywhere and chat with your neighbors, darlin's." You easily find two seats together, across from an older couple who introduce themselves as "The Matthews. John and Louise."

Although you don't need to order anything (it's prix fixe and each table gets everything), there's a menu card describing tonight's feast.

• edited October 2014

FIRST COURSE

Herbed Pumpkin Soup

Pumpkins and carrots from our garden, with milk and cream from Foothill Dairy (Hillary Dodson) and herbs from Southwest Herb Farm (Jenny Marsh and Mary Sue Lipton).

Spinach Salad

Spinach from our garden with bacon from County Smokehouse (Ed Bloom), eggs from Dun Roamin Poultry (James and Martha Turlson), and muscadine vinaigrette.

MAIN COURSE

Roasted Pork Loin

Pork from Tiberius Farms (John and Louise Matthews) with a muscadine glaze, sweet potatoes and carrots from our garden.

Pan-Fried Appalachian Brook Trout

Locally fished speck from reclaimed streams (Peter Stephens), brown-butter and herb sauce.

DESSERT

Apple-Plum Sonker with Fig Coulis

Fruit from Bombadil Orchards (Bill Brandybuck)

Wines from Lost Trout Vineyards (Darlene Miller) and Barrelhead Vineyards (Luther Johnson)

• Trevian
    When I see the gift shop, I point it out, "We should stop by there tomorrow when we pick up the thumb drive. The dragon mentioned one, remember?"

I make conversation with the Matthews, chatting with them about the area. I mention Reggie's considering coming to school here, get them talking about the local area, stuff to do. I figure it's a fun thing to talk about and it helps sell her on the place a little more. The menu looks amazing, and the hostess, Mandy, is really nice. I feel more at home at this place than I have in a long time. I try not to overeat, since I'm planning on some fun activities later. But I try a bite of everything.

If she doesn't mind, I hold Reggie's hand under the table. Nothing smexy, just enjoying her company, being close.
  • edited October 2014

The Real World

Reggie

Reggie notices something on the menu card and asks John and Louise if they're the ones that run Tiberius Farms. As it happens, they are—the very people that raised the pig you're eating. John's a retired Army Master Sergeant, but Louise grew up on farms and has a degree in Animal Husbandry, so they decided to retire to a piece of land and raise pigs. "Damndest thing is," John says, "Some days I'd swear they're smarter than any officer I ever served under!" It's an old joke by now, apparently, and Louise makes that comfortable "Oh, you..." gesture that only a Southern Lady can pull off. When Louise learns that Reggie's coming to North Carolina for Veterinary School, they're off and running, leaving you and John to chat.

"So, son. You folks down here for the foliage? Don't see young people caring so much about nature, these days."

Reggie squeezes your hand under the table and takes a sip of white wine to go with the delicate brook trout.

• Trevian
    "We're here to spend some time together, see the sights. Went to the Holt Center as part of a fun little, you know, scavenger hunt. We're staying at the Hickory Dickory." I lean back a little, "It's beautiful country. I really like it. This place is pretty great, too." I like this older couple, they're really sweet.
  • The Real World

When Louise hears you mention the Hickory Dickory, she interrupts herself mid-sentence. "Well, y'all be sure to tell Carlos and Charles we say 'Hey!' They use a lot of the same farmers as this place, all those names you see on that menu. The ham's ours, and the bacon. Well, Ed smoked it, but we raised the pig."

John dovetails smoothly onto his wife's words. "And, healthy or not, drink the whole milk with your breakfast. You've probably never tasted fresh, unpasteurized milk, but you won't forget it once you do."

By the time you get to dessert, which is served with a Muscadine Port that tastes like nothing else that has ever crossed your palate, Louise and Reggie are fast friends, and the pair of you have a standing invitation to come visit the pigs (and the Matthews) any time you like. You linger over coffee for a bit, but it's nearly time for the second seating. Louise gives you both a hug, and John shakes your hands, firm and friendly. He pats you on the back. "Son, it was a pleasure meeting you both. I hope you do take us up on the offer. I won't make you work too hard for your supper!"

Then, it's back to the Hickory Dickory Inn. Neither of your hosts is evident, but a few other couples are lingering in the lovely parlor, one lady with salt-and-pepper hair playing something soft and classical on the piano. Reggie looks in, but takes your hand and pulls you upstairs to your rooms.

Reggie

"I propose that we get sweaty," she gestures at the bed, "Then get clean," she nods toward the jacuzzi in the bathroom, "Then repeat. Maybe more than once. We're young, we can stay up as long as we want and still have time for a jog and breakfast in the morning before we go back to the Holt Center. Oh. Do you want to jog with me? I didn't get one in today or yesterday, and that makes me restless." She doesn't wait for an answer before she starts kissing you.

• Trevian
    I listen to her well considered proposal, and enjoy her kisses. My hands move between us, working her tweed jacket over her shoulders. I catch the jacket and extricate myself long enough to move over to a chair and set it over the back. Then I return to her, kissing, working at the buttons on her shirt, replying between kisses, "I haven't jogged in a long time, but I brought my b-ball stuff, so if you wanna take it easy on me, I'd love to go out jogging around here. With you."

Once the buttons are undone, I push her shirt open, and begin kissing across her cheek, down to her neck. I realize she still has those boots on, but I'm pretty sure we can manage to get them off soon.
  • edited October 2014

The Real World

Reggie

Trevian, you do get the boots off, and the jeans, and all the other things, and it's not long before you're both naked. Reggie moans when your tongue brushes her nipple, reaches for your cock with her cool hand but doesn't stroke. She just holds it for just a moment, then rakes her fingernails up and over the tip.

"Close your eyes and lay back, Trev." When you do, you feel her hands moving everywhere, and occasionally the soft tickle of her hair, as she continues talking. "I went to TSolCon this summer, did I tell you that before?" A fingernail brushes your nipple, then you feel her weight leaving the bed. "It was fun. You should go, some year. I figured if I was doing it I should do it, you know?" You hear the sound of her bag unzipping, a little rummaging around. "So, I came up with enough money to have my friend Marissa help me whip up a little something, for the costume parade. A full on Jace cosplay outfit." A pause, maybe thirty seconds. "I didn't pack the whole thing, Trev." You feel her sit on the bed again, and a finger traces your lips. "But I did bring one thing, well, two." She takes your hand, brings it to her cheek, then past. She guides your fingers to her ear, running them up from the delicate lobe all the way to the... pointed tip.

"So, keep your eyes closed. Jace wants a piece of that fine mocha ass of yours, and she's going to get it."

• Trevian
    Yes, I remember her talking about going to TSolCon. She teased about a hook-up then, but I dismissed it. I mean, I still thought she was probably, uhm, you know, not incredibly amazing.

Right now, this very moment when my searching fingers find the pointed tip to her ears, I am really thankful I'm with Reggie. Because any other girl would probably think it's odd or weird that that sensation makes me sigh audibly, and my cock pulses with excitement. It seriously runs right through me. Any other girl probably would be "my elf", so I guess the point's moot. But I am regretting not going to TSolCon now.

Luckily, I'm here. And even moreso, Reggie is, too. She tells me I'm about to fuck Jace and my stomach does a cartwheel of excitement and I shit you not, my balls tingle for a moment. In the darkest parts of my mind while we were doing cyber, I dreamed about this.

"My elf." I say with adoration. "Come and take whatever you want." I'm keeping my eyes closed. I hope she grabbed a condom, since putting one on would be problematic right now.
  • The Real World

Jace

Her voice changes a little. A little higher and lighter. She's making sure to give Jace some distinction. "You know, I have a very deep and rich internal life. For instance, my mother was a temple maiden before she ran off with my father. The fun kind of temple maiden. Also, I have a bit of an oral fixation." She begins her demonstration of Jace's rich internal life by pulling your left nipple between her lips and flicking it with her tongue, then moves to the right and repeats the process.

"Do you need a blindfold, or is the temptation to peek going to be too much?" She starts kissing her way down your chest, her hair tickling along your ribs.

• Trevian
    Oh... this is intense! I think it's the blindfold, her voice, her touch, the lore. I can barely keep my hands off her. I'm touching her face, those ears, her hair. Every bit of her warm flesh near mine is electric.

"A blindfold... is a good idea." I say through clenched teeth.
  • The Real World

Jace

She breaks off from kissing your chest. "Be a good little rogue, then, and keep your eyes closed a little longer." A minute or so later, you feel something silky drape across your eyes, and her hands raise your head so she can tie it behind. "Better. Now, where was I?" She takes up where she left off, right at the bottom of your rib cage. Between kisses and little cat-like licks, "My mother... the temple maiden... told me about... a few of her tricks... not your typical... family chit-chat... I know, but..."

Her mouth slides down on you, taking you all the way into her throat in one motion. She gags a little, but doesn't retreat.

• Trevian
    Wow. This.

Okay, I know a few nights ago I proclaimed Jessi's the greatest blowjob ever. But she's in hot competition. Hot. I think it's the little gag. That's so damn erotic. She's pushing her limits. For me.
  • The Real World

Jace

Trev, Jace demonstrates this particular trick of her "mother's" for a long, delicious, few minutes. In your head it might be hours, but it can't have been going on for more than a few minutes, because either your skull or your cock would've exploded, otherwise.

She pulls off you, and says in that high, light voice, "You know, a mage isn't much use without a wand, is she?" You hear a mechanical hum start. The bullet-tip of a vibrator touches your skin, just below your balls. Just a light brush at first, moving up and down your perineum. "Do you feel the magic, rogue?"

• Trevian
    Oh shit. Wait, poor choice of words.

This is the thumb thing coming back on me. I can't believe I'm going to let her do this. A week ago, I would have dismissed this as some kinky shit that I'm not into. But she's got me so horny, and she's so, well, experienced with this stuff, I think I'm into it.

"I feel the beginnings of... something magical." I say as I reach for her face, gently coaxing, pulling her onto my my cock again. Fuck me, I want to come in Jace's mouth.
  • The Real World

Jace

She lets you push her mouth back onto you. The vibrator tip moves back and forth, teasing your balls and brushing lightly against your only-so-recently-invaded-for-the-first-time asshole without pushing in. Between her lips, her tongue, the gentlest attentions of her teeth, and the insistent buzz of the expertly manipulated vibrator, it's not long before you do what you wished for and explode into Jace's delicious mouth. You feel her sucking greedily and swallowing.

Reggie

The vibrator turns off after one more quick pass from ass to balls, which causes a last quick twitch. You feel hands behind your head, releasing the blindfold so you can once again see the reality of the situation. Which is, in and of itself, pretty damned awesome. Reggie giggles. "I've always wanted to do that! I mean, both those things. Roleplay as Jace and tease a guy with my little bullet." She flops down next to you on the bed. "Your turn. You can rest up a bit if you want, but I've been simmering all afternoon."

• Trevian
    A guy? She's been planning on teasing "a guy", and I happen to be the lucky one. I'm thankful, no lie. But those little worries about being one in a line of her bedmates creeps in a little farther.

I push it aside and roll over on top of her. The feeling of skin on skin is warm, and soft. I kiss her, hungrily, then quickly start trailing firey kisses over her lips, down her neck, to her collarbone, then further down to suckle on a pert little breast. I love the shape of her nipples, how they sit so sweetly erect, begging for attention. I look up at her, "Can I borrow that little bullet?"
  • The Real World

Of course you can borrow the bullet, and you apply it with all the skill and imagination you have. And your tongue, and your fingers.

At some point, though, Trev, there's something about Reggie's reactions that ring a bell in your head. Not a warning bell, probably, but just a thing that makes you go 'Hmmmm.'

You're not entirely yourself, keyed up as you are, so I'll give you this. Give me a Likeable roll, with a Penalty die for being distracted. If you manage an 11 or better, you'll "get it." If not, well, you'll still have a great time.

• Trevian
    Spending 1 from my Experience Pool to offset the penalty.

(Rolled: 4d6. Rolls: 2, 6, 5, 4. Total: 17)
  • edited October 2014
    Trevian
    I'm pulling out all the tricks I know. I've got to up my game. The bullet is pretty fun. Makes me wonder if she like full on sex as much, because I'm getting some delightful moans and giggles of pleasure from her. I mimic her movements, too, taking the bullet down along the space between, teasing it around her asshole, licking her pussy while doing it. It's heady stuff.
  • The Real World

So, Trevian, here's what you begin to understand. Reggie loves what you're doing, on both sides of the equation, but she's not as "experienced" as you might think she is. She's definitely sex-positive, like "Hell, yeah, scratch that itch!" but you have the feeling that that itch hasn't been scratched as often as it might seem.

There's one telling moment, while you go down on her and the little bullet-shaped vibrator pushes into her pussy just a half-inch. "Oh!" Pleasure, but also surprise. Like she hasn't had that experience before.

• Trevian
    Now that's interesting. She's getting some new experiences, too? Has she ever used the bullet with a partner? Why not ask? I mean, out loud.

I continue playing idly with the bullet on her flesh, lightly touching all over, not staying in one spot and making her numb, "Reggie, have you ever let someone use the bullet on you? What would you like me to do to you now?" I kiss the inside of her left thigh, wait for her answer.
  • The Real World

Reggie

In between panting breaths, invocations of the deity, and scatological outbursts, Reggie manages to say, "N-n-no, no-one's ever used that l-little m-miracle but me. In p-private." She stops speaking for a moment, just enjoying your attentions. "Trev, do whatever you want with me. Whatever... the fuck... you want."

• Trevian
    Watching her, hearing her, feeling the power of bringing something new to Reggie when I thought I was just one of many, the pupil, it's exciting. I realize I'm hard again. I pull the bullet away and blow cool air on her pussy, "Burning up down here, chica. You better cool off." I stand up, looking down at her nude wonder.

I break myself away to go over and fetch a condom, rip it open, then roll it on as I walk back to her, "Scoot back onto the pillows, Reggie. I want to do what the fuck I want with you." I climb up on the bed, position myself just right, then take her right hand, and guide it down to my cock. "Guide me into you." It takes some effort, but I'll wait for her to do it. Fuck I want inside her right now. She's so wet, and I wasn't kidding, she is burning up.
  • The Real World

Reggie

Reggie's eyes meet yours as she guides you into the moist heat of her pussy. As you first enter, they widen and she takes in a deep breath through her nose. "Oh..." And then you're in, her hands reaching around to grab your ass.

• edited October 2014
    Trevian
    I lean over her, enjoy the feel of flesh on flesh. My hands wrap around her shoulders and I move my mouth to hers. As I slowly grind inside her, barely moving out, I kiss her deeply. I find some purchase on the bed with my toes, and start pushing in as deeply as I can, squeezing with my stomach muscles to angle myself up at the last of my thrusts. Fuck, it feels good, even through the rubber.

As I feel my second climax start to build, I prop myself up a little, and just stare into her eyes. Our bodies move so smoothly together, unlike anyone ever before. I fit with her, and that thought keeps bouncing in my head, over and over.
  • The Real World

Reggie

Reggie's leanly muscled legs wrap around you, urging you deeper. The two of you find a rhythm. You've heard people talking about sex as being a dance, but now? You and your elf (she is still wearing the ears) could be competing on the 3D reboot of So You Think You Can Dance. And winning.

You realize, at that moment when you're right on the precipice, that Reggie's holding her breath, which you somehow already know is her "tell." You both hit your orgasm at the same moment, and you're pretty sure that everyone at the Hickory Dickory Inn hears you. Possibly, you also startled some white-tailed deer and a squirrel or two.

"Oh... my... dear... sweet..." She can't finish whatever she was about to say, just brings her arms around your shoulders and kisses you deeply.

• Trevian
    I delight in her kisses, her body, the feeling of myself inside her. I don't know if the promise of sex, then jacuzzi, then more sex was just wishful thinking, but I hope to get her in that water at some point.

When we come up for air, I've still got my arms around her, a hand idly brushing her cheek. Without meaning to, I say, "Reg... I'm really into you." There's a moment where it hangs in the air, then I glance down, at where I'm literally in her, then chuckle, "Well, more ways than one."
  • The Real World

Reggie

That sunshine smile flashes again as Reggie follows your look down and gives a throaty chuckle. "If we're going to get to the jacuzzi, repeat part of the evening, you'll need to get a little less into me. At least for a while." She kisses your cheek. After you do get a little less "into" her, she gives you a serious look.

"I don't want to scare you, Trev, but the last 48 hours and a bit have just about literally been the best of my life. It feels like everything I give a shit about—Twilight Solstice, Vet School, and, well, at the moment, you—have come together in some sort of perfect storm. I don't know if we can maintain it, but I'd like to try." Her look is open. She's not afraid of your reaction, just hopeful.

• Trevian
    I unwrap myself and throw away the condom, then come back when she's confessing the crazy pair of days she's had. We've had. A hundred responses run through my head. Some of them are quips, others profession of levels of emotion that sound like they're from a movie script.

Finally, I smile, having the only answer that feels right. "Reggie... let's see where this goes." I lean in and kiss her cheek, then head for the Jacuzzi. I get the water going and climb in, wait for her to join me.

There are cool little seats, so we sit close and enjoy each other for a little. No sexytimes, not quite yet. When we're both comfortable with the new situation, I look at her and broach something that's been on my mind. "I've been wondering something. You know, when I picked you up at the airport, you were, well, pretty forward about sex. Then, at the hotel, you really took control. Not complaining, but it sort of gave me this image that you were... uhm, really experienced at this stuff. And, you know, all about kinky sex and all that. But then, tonight, you said nobody'd ever used a vibrator on you? That... well, that surprised me. You know?" I can't imagine phrasing that any worse. But well, it's out there.
  • The Real World

Reggie

Reggie's luxuriating in the hot swirling waters of the jacuzzi. "Truth? Don't get me wrong, I love me some sex, but... two guys, or three now, and one girl. Well, two, if you count... nevermind. I feel like I can start new with you, you don't know me as the Honor Society, Chess Club girl that was hot enough for the jocks to want to fuck, but not popular enough for them to date. This is who I am, who I should be, with someone who knows what to do with me." Reggie pauses, breathes. When she continues, there's an uncertainty you haven't heard before. "Is that okay, Trev? I'm, umm... really into you, too."

• Trevian
    Girl, I know what to do with you.

"Oh, Reggie." I say, "The who you are with me, here and now, is amazing." I pull her in for a soft peck, mostly to get her closer. "It's more than okay. If you want to, you know, try out stuff with me. Let me know, okay?"

So, Little Miss Kinky is more curious than experienced? I can handle that. For damn sure.
  • The Real World

Reggie

Reggie leans into you and you make out for a little. The warm pulse of the jacuzzi tickles your balls and relaxes your muscles, all at the same time.

You manage one more round, getting clean in the whirlpool and sweating on the bed. Then, deep, deep sleep.