[In and Out] Mountain Festival (2.4)

2»

Comments

• abby-header
    "Ding! Nice moves, Jace!" I peer over the edge of the coffin at the sword. "You earned this one, Jace. Wish your class let you wield it." I reach down to pick it up. It has a nice scabbard and belt, so I'll sheath my swords across my back and put on the belt.

After it's buckled, I pose for Jace, arms akimbo. "How ya like me now?" I grin as I do so.
  • Twilight Solstice

Jace

"Just fine, Abby. Is that the only vorpal blade you've got?" You feel a hand slide up your thigh to your crotch. "I guess not!"

You make your way out of the cavern and start the long trek back to the outskirts of Hickory with your prize. "The Tulgey Woods are just a bit on the other side of town, from what the local NPCs said. I wonder how bad the Jabberwock's going to be? The RNG seems to be on our side today, but who knows how long that will last."

• abby-header
    I hold my breath when she touches me. Then let it out when she stops. I think I would like to get more sexytimes in game, just not on a big quest.

"I have a feeling the Jabberwock will be epic, Jace. Let's keep going. There's a big reward after the fight." I chuckle a little.
  • Twilight Solstice

After a lengthy journey and some more chat and flirting between you and Jace, you reach the dark fence of trees that marks the boundary of the Tulgey Wood. Even from the outside, it is a phantasmagorical mix of the whimsical and the twisted. Through the tree boughs you can see the corkscrew snouts of shrew-like toves making their way across the forest floor in their slithy circles, and the exaggerated tipsy stalking of long-legged flightless borogoves. Although you cannot see them, the haunting calls of mome raths fill the air.

The Wood is clearly indicated in your HUD as a solo zone. Your possession of the Vorpal Sword unlocks it, but only you will be able to enter.

Jace

"I'll log and slave to your sensorium, I guess? Two pairs of eyes, at least..."

What do you do?

• abby-header
    "Sounds good. Appreciate the back-up, as always." I'd hate for her to sit out of this. We've worked too hard.

I draw the vorpal blade and step into the wood cautiously, keeping quiet and moving slow as I get my senses.
  • Twilight Solstice

"Okay, I'm with you. The atmosphere is creepy, isn't it, with all those cute, kinda funny little critters against the dark of the woods?"

You make your way unhindered through the woods, once again passing what you assume is a bandersnatch den, cautious and sneaky. Eventually you come to a clearing with a single great tree in the center. The tree has a wide, naked trunk with no branches at all up to the fractally branching foliage at its crown. "Tumtum?" Jace guesses.

You stand for a moment and consider your options, you hear a whistle-puff like a steam engine, approach rapidly from some unknown distance. As it grows closer, you hear a terrible burbling sound underlying the whiffle until finally the Jabberwock bursts into the clearing.

Jabberwock

The awful burbling fills your ears and strikes terror into your heart.

I'd like for you to give me a saving throw versus this terror. The target is 9 + the Jabberwock's 7 hit dice = 16.

Feel free to add your CON bonus, your level, and if you can justify one of your traits, I'll listen.

If you fail the throw, you are frozen in fear for just long enough for the Jabberwock to get in a free attack before you make your strike.

• abby-header
    My Con bonus fits, of course. I chose Imperial-Blooded when I first created Abbadon because they are descended from dragons. The Empire was founded by The Great Three, a golden, a silver and a platinum dragon, sons and daughters of Tiamat, goddess of all dragons. I think Imperial Blood gives me a bonus here. It's why I chose this build, I hope it pays off.
  • Saving throw:
    (Rolled: 2d8+3. Rolls: 8, 8. Total: 19)
  • abby-header
    (Attack Bonus +3, Weapons Bonus +4, Enemy AC +3 )
    (Rolled: 1d20+10. Rolls: 19. Total: 29)
  • abby-header
    Damage: (Rolled: 1d8+4. Rolls: 5. Total: 9)
  • Twilight Solstice

The Jabberwock recoils, and then speaks in something like a hissing belch. "Ha ha ha! I am a False Jabberwock! Your Vorpal Blade means nothing to me! You should've taken Jack's father's sword, that's the only blade that can damage me!" This is clearly untrue. You see steaming blood pouring from the wound you inflicted on its right flank. It lunges toward you.

Claw (+7): (Rolled: 1d20+7+4. Rolls: 3. Total: 10)
    Damage if Hit (d6+1): (Rolled: 1d6+1. Rolls: 5. Total: 6)

Claw (+7): (Rolled: 1d20+7+4. Rolls: 8. Total: 15)
    Damage if Hit (d6+1): (Rolled: 1d6+1. Rolls: 5. Total: 6)

Bite (+7): (Rolled: 1d20+7+4. Rolls: 6. Total: 13)
    Damage if Hit (d10): (Rolled: 1d10. Rolls: 9. Total: 9)

• abby-header
    "I have the wrong sword? Well, damn, Wocky. This one's so much prettier than Jack's."

(Attack Bonus +3, Weapons Bonus +4, Enemy AC +3 )
    (Rolled: 1d20+10. Rolls: 18. Total: 28)

(damage, if applicable)
    (Rolled: 1d8+4. Rolls: 6. Total: 10)
  • Twilight Solstice

The Jabberwock turns its great head toward you, and the eyes of flame flare in pain and anger. "Ouch!" Spears of fire lance out from those eyes.

Fire Gaze: (Saving throw vs. 16: DEX applies)
    Damage if Throw Fails: (Rolled: 3d8+1. Rolls: 5, 4, 6. Total: 16)

• abby-header
    I see the flames coming and duck into a tight roll away, trying to avoid as much of the flames as possible.
    (saving throw +1 Dex, +1 Fleet Footed, +5 level)
    (Rolled: 2d8+7. Rolls: 5, 4. Total: 16)
  • edited October 2014

Twilight Solstice

"Arrgh! Yes, I said Arrgh! Thou hast... aw, dammit! Okay, you've got me. What do you want? I'll do whatever you say, just don't kill me, so I have a chance against the next guy."

• abby-header
    I pause for a moment, then hit up Reggie on chat, "What do you think, Reggie? Have him return the villagers and we still get the quest completion?"
  • edited October 2014

Twilight Solstice

Jace

With no pause for thought, Reggie responds, "He left it dead, and with its head. He went galumphing back. But maybe Eve left another option? She's tricksy. It seems like it's cooperating now that you've hurt it. Maybe just ask?"

• abby-header
    I answer him conversationally, "You stole away a number of local villagers, Wocky. You'll need to return them."

• Twilight Solstice

"Oh, sure, sure. Return the villagers. No problem. Anything else? I'll tell you that won't be enough to finish the quest. You're supposed to, well... I'm not allowed to say more. What else do you need?"

• abby-header
    I take in a breath, then audibly sigh in annoyance, "Alright." I pick up my voice into a brave imperious tone, "Foul beast! I must complete this quest. Tell me your secrets, or I shall slay you. Verily."
  • edited October 2014

Twilight Solstice

"Okay, okay. You need a head to galumph with, right? Well, I'm sorta reptilian. I shed every now and then, but it's my head that comes off. I have the last one back in my lair, if you'll wait a minute." I'm assuming you don't stop it from whiffling away. It does come back, with... its own head?... clasped in one of its claws. The second head is bellowing as the Jabberwock approaches. "Adventurer! I will end you!" The full Jabberwock chuckles. "Never mind him... he's still adjusting to life as a head. Don't worry about the eye-flame thing. It's fuelled from my belly and my love of spicy barbecue." Jabberwock belches, and flames barely singe you.

It hands you the head. "The villagers will be here shortly. Good luck with the rest of the quest, and stop by any time. Without that Vorpal Sword. And maybe with some barbecue. And hot sauce?" It shows you its huge teeth with a disturbing burbling laugh.

• edited October 2014
    abby-header
    Definitely the oddest encounter in TSol. "Thank you, Jabberwock. I will spare you, and complete the quest." I say it with that same heroic voice. Might as well play the part.

"Looks like we get the loot on this one. Want to log out after the turn-in?"
  • Twilight Solstice

Jace

Jace rejoins you as you leave the wood, villagers in tow. "Wow, that head is ugly! You were right, that was about the strangest encounter I've ever seen. Seems like Eve felt free to let her hair down and play, here. I wish we had time to really spade the content here, log all the lore and creatures and NPCs."

You reach Hickory, and it seems one of the rescued villagers ran ahead, because the streets are lined with people, cheering and shouting your names. When you reach the square, a fat halfling in rich garments is standing on a table next to the fountain. He is holding a huge ceremonial key on a long ribbon.

"Abaddon the Quick and Jacewyn Tarakian, you have rescued our friends and loved ones from the grasp of the evil Jabberwock, and for that, the town of Hickory will be ever grateful. Please accept this key to the town as a token of our appreciation and respect. Know that you will ever be welcome here." As you approach the table, he places the long ribbon around both your necks. In that moment, your toons glow briefly.

LEVEL UP: LEVEL 60

• abby-header
    I walk with Jace, chatting with the villagers from time to time. They're pretty verbose, and have a number of responses. Not AI, but great conversationalists. "We can spend some time here, if you want. It's pretty amazing. Quest or not, I play TSol for the world."

Over chat, "Hey, we can spend the whole day here. I'm cool just hanging out, okay? No rush."
  • The Real World

It's early yet, and your "prep session" with Tonya isn't until 11 o'clock. You wander around Hickory and it surroundings for a while, talking to NPCs and checking out all the shops and special places. Eventually, Reggie seems satisfied that she's got a good start on cataloging the new area and decides it's time to move on to the sex portion of the evening. Which is lengthy and creative, on both your parts.

At one point, when you're demonstrating some of the many uses to which the human tongue can be put, Reggie starts talking while her hands move in your hair.

Reggie

"The first time? Her name was Pria. She was super hot, with that smooth Indian skin and such big, dark eyes, like a Disney princess. We were 16, and her parents were out of town for the weekend, so she invited me and a few other girls over. Turned out I was the only one that didn't already have plans, so it was just Pria and me. We got drunk on white wine and wound up kissing. It was the first time for both of us, kissing a girl, and we both liked it." She stops to enjoy your attentions for a while, making appreciative non-verbal noises.

"We just kept going, getting hungrier and hungrier. When her bra came off, her tits were so pretty, with these cute little nipples, already hard and just ready for me to lick them, so I did. And then we were off. We spent the whole night just figuring out what felt good, and so many things felt good! I thought I would die when she first ran her tongue up my lips and flicked my clit." She stops again. "Oh, God, Trev! Yes, that's what she did! Just like that!"

She continues with the story, giving you little details that you follow up with your fingers and lips and tongue. When she reaches her climax, it goes on for a while, and then she turns to you and says, in a hoarse whisper, "But I like boys better, Trev. And I like you most of all."

And Trevian, she proves that to you, enthusiastically.

—End Scene—