[Junk XIII] Pack Your Bags (K 3-3, S 3-3)

edited October 2013 in Junkworld XIII
Kiddo,

While gathering up your crew for the trip north, you end up running into Kodak and Starburst. Or more like, Kodak searches you out. Where did they catch up to you? Who's with you?

Kodak says, "Hey Kiddo, you leaving town again?" Starburst is standing near him, doesn't have an arm around him, but you know, body language.

Stitch,

You head over to Kim's to, you know, "put in notice" or whatever. She takes it well enough. Where did you head after that?

Comments

• edited October 2013
    I was packing up my bag with some supplies I bought from Loot when Kodak and Starburst come up behind me. I turn and look at them over my shoulder — what an odd couple they make... I nod and go back to packing, "gotta follow up on some leads about my Ma' and Dad. When you heading back Star?"

I'm alone, for the record.
  • I head over to Loot's to talk to Caesar.
  • Kiddo,

Starburst looks over at Kodak, then says, "I'll ride with you. Safety in numbers and all that."

Kodak doesn't miss a beat, "That's good. I've got to make up for Tech's losses, I could wrassle up a small load. You want to ride together, all of us? Give me some security, I can pay."
  • Stitch,

Caesar's up, sitting with Brillo, starts shift in a bit. He looks up when you come in. "Heeyyyy, need more coffee?"
  • I shudder at the thought of working with Kodak again so soon... but I could really use the jingle... I nod a few times, and finish packing up my bag before turning around to face them. "Sure, if you want. I'm heading North to Tradertown — you sure you wanna trek all the way out there?"
  • Kiddo,

Kodak makes a "are you kidding" face, "Yeah, that'd work. Everyone needs grain, and I can pick up some good trade there. That works for me." He looks at Star, "Work for you?"

"Sure. So, Kiddo, when you going?" Starburst asks. "Any South Candies coming?"
  • "God yes. Got any of those muffins left?" I don't hold out hope, but askin can't hurt, right?

"I guess I'm gonna go out to Tradertown with Kiddo. Near Bubble city? I'm not sure, I'm mostly along for the ride." I tell him.
  • edited October 2013
    I nod again, slipping my pack onto my back, "got two prospects coming — Amazon and Mirage — along with some love from the South Candies. The plan is to leave after Reunion." I pat the boomstick, and turn to Starburst. "You got a minute sweetie? I wanna talk to you about something... Private like."
  • Brillo's eyes widen, "Tradertown? Oh gods... I'm coming!"

Caesar quirks a frown, "Again? You sure?" He stands up, heads over to the bar, and reaches around and under it, comes back with a small plate with a little towel over it. He puts it in front of you, removes the towel. "It was going to be a whole muffin. But... it's pretty good. I've already heard about your.... pleasure from the first one. I think you got a rumor started."
  • edited October 2013
    Kiddo,

Kodak's eyes widen at the mention of Amazon, but he just nods, doesn't say anything.

Starburst doesn't even look at Kodak for like permission or whatever, she just walks outside with you. "Hey, I know you two were a thing, he told me about it. Is that a problem?"
  • I raise an eyebrow at Kodak's reaction, but decide to let that slide too... I walk out with Starburst and pull her into the alley behind the garage, and shake my head when she asks about Kodak, "nah. Do whatever you want — just don't take any shit from him, yeah? So I was talking to the Candies, and ... like... What's the deal with you guys up north? Half of you didn't look too well fed, and you were running a roadblock for jingle? Don't you guys run protection, or scavenge, or ... Frak, I dunno, hit raiders or something?"
  • Kiddo,

Starburst kind of closes off a bit, "We've done a little of all that. It's just hard to stay focused, Kiddo. Just... frak, girl, you know, this aint easy. We're tryin, ok? The roadblock was frakked, I know. It's just... I'm no frakkin leader, and they listen to me sometimes, and Spree's a smart bitch sometimes, but then she's got the kids, and..." She sort of trails off.
  • edited October 2013
    I shake my head. "Omo needs to get her head in the frakking game! Bringing those kids on gang business was frakkin stupid no matter how you slice it. If you think you can pick off Wendys, and bring kids out into the wastes, then you're gunna get folks frakking killed!"

I sigh loudly, and cross my arms defensively... I'm going to regret this... "you girls need some gods damned direction... I was talking with the girls earlier, and... Well... They suggested I hang around you girls for a while... Y'know... Help out... Maybe help Omo keep her frakking kids from getting stole away by frakking Wendy's, yeah?"
  • Kiddo,

That's a big damn Manipulate. I mean, not to get Starburst to play along, as much as "buy in". You're shitting on her parade, sort of. Not that it didn't need a reality check...
  • OOC: Rolling to manipulate Starburst. Roll+cool* (easy to trust). +1XP rolling highlighted.
    (Rolled: 2d6+3. Rolls: 2, 1. Total: 6)
  • "Oh come on! It was one muffin and it damn well was delicious. It's not like... that." I think about not eating it, but there is no way I'm not eating it! Nom.

• Kiddo,

Starburst looks at you for a long moment, then shakes her head, "Sure. Some backup would be good. Spree isn't so bad, she's just... not trained like we were. So, yeah, let's do this."

Stitch,

Both Brillo and Caesar stare at you eating that muffin. It's sort of... I dunno, they're rapt with attention for you. Is that weird? Complimentary?

Caesar pushes his cup of water forward for you to wash it down.
  • I am so going to regret this... I nod and turn to open the door up to my place. "You and ... " I struggle to say it, "Spree can stay in charge if you want. I'm gunna get some sleep..."
  • Starburst smirks, "Flash. It'll be good riding with you. You are getting a bike, right?"
  • Frak, I guess I am... I nod, "yeah."
  • It is a little weird, but the attention is kinda nice, yeah? I make a bit of a show of licking my fingers this time.
  • Stitch,

Brillo stares, mouth closed, leaning forward. Caesar licks his lips, just once. There are others in the bar, sort of watching less obviously.

When you're done, Caesar says quietly, "I'm gonna miss you, Stitch. When, uhm, do you leave? Think we could, you know, hang out before you... you go?"
  • "After Reunion." I answer Caesar. "Yeah! That'd be fun. I'm sorry I'm leaving again. Oh! I forgot!" I dig in my bag and toss the tin of Spam I got for him over. "For you!" At least something good came out of that damn chocolate.
  • --END SCENE--