[Junk XIII] Tracking Down Tradertown (K 3-4, S 3-4)

edited October 2013 in Junkworld XIII
Nearly a week has passed since Reunion ended and you took off. Kodak loaded out one truck, but he stuffed it good. There's enough room in the passenger seat for a couple, if one of them is VB. Stitch, where are you riding? Are you swapping off driving with Kodak any?

Brillo bought a ferryman for passage. Cheetos, in fact. He's in the sidecar, goggles coming in handy now. Kiddo, I assume Rinso is up on top of the truck? Or did you station Svenja there? Where the hell are you riding?

Both of Kit Kat's girls are riding rough dirt bikes, Starburst and Zagnut have their rides, of course. It's quite a little bike gang you've got going.

You've been two days between anything interesting, heading east of Cat, that was your last civilized stop. You're almost to Bubble City when you catch something on the radio. Well, Kodak does in the rig, he brought Betty.

It's Junk Radio. A new voice, but the same station.

"Hello, world, this is Tower Two. I'm uhm... I'm Roma. Your... I think I'm a DeeJay?" You hear some conversation with a male voice and the female tones of Roma, then she comes back, "Sorry. Met...sorry, my tech says nobody is probably listening anyways, but hello world! Consider this our first official broadcast!"

Comments

• I'm riding wherever they want me. I will definitely drive when Kodak doesn't want to.

I'm glad it seems like Metro got the second tower up. He'll be broadcasting into space any day now. I sigh.
  • I'm on the top of the truck with Rinny, playing some guitar and watching the clouds streak by. I cock my head when the radio, and stop playing to hear the broadcast. Seems like Metro's still there! I poke my head into the cab of the truck, and announce, "See Stitch! We've got him now!" I giggle and strum a few chords idly, "You looking forward to seeing your prettyboy again?"
  • "Kiddo." I clench my jaw. "If he was interested, he would have come back to Salt, or Boomtown, when I was there. End of story."

I don't want to show up to Tradertown all moony about a guy who couldn't give a shit about me! The only reason I'm in this damn truck is so that Kiddo wouldn't drag him back to Boomtown- god, that would have been embarrassing. You know that girl you slept with that you forgot about? Ima drag you back to her! Mwahaha! Ugh.

Maybe I can ditch Kiddo in Tradertown and just tell her I went to go see him. Then we can just go back to Boomtown and I can be alone forever- Metro none the wiser. Ha. He probably wouldn't even get it- I'd show up to tower two and he'd be all 'What are you doing here?' Well that makes me feel a little better. Yay for being into a robot- he won't understand my crush on him...

Sigh. My head runs around in circles, from avoiding Metro all together to bumping into him and screwing his brains out. And pretty much everything in between.
  • I giggle at her sudden distaste in the conversation, and pick the opening riff to "dueling banjos", "y'know sometimes folks just get stranded under work and shit, Stitch. I'm a firm believer in telling people exactly how you feel — one way or the other — and if Metro doesn't wanna see you, then he owes you the decency of telling you that to your face."

I stop strumming the guitar and wedge it between a few boxes for security, "you can't let folks jerk you around like that! Communication, sweetie! It's important!" I mean, why the frak do you think I'm here, yeah?
  • edited October 2013
    Stitch,

Oh hey, did you sleep with Caesar before you left? He did bring you a muffin the last night of Reunion. That counts as foreplay, right?
  • Roma continues "DJ-ing":
    "Yeah, so... I know that Tower One has some live music, and that's great! The tracks KellyTires has been playing are mostly blues and rock, good stuff. But, uhm, that's not so much my thing. So, here we go, the first track of Tower Two!" There's a minute of silence, then song comes on.

"...Del I'm feeling like a ghost in a shell
    I wrote this in jail playing host to a cell
    For the pure verbal, they said my sentence was equivalent to murder
    Just another hurdle, I bounced through a portal
    I knew they had the mindstate of mere mortals
    My ears morphed to receptors that catch your
    Every word about gravity control
    And the families they hold for handsome ransoms
    On the run with a handgun, blast bioforms; I am warned
    That a planet-wide manhunt with cannons
    Will make me, abandon, my foolish plan of uprisin
    Fuck dyin, I hijack a mech
    Control it with my magical chants, so battle advanced
    Through centuries of hip-hop legacy, megaspeed
    Hyperwarp to Automator's crib and light the torch
    They can't fight the force
    Victory is ours once we strike the source
    Enterprisin wise men look to the horizon
    Thinkin more capitalism is the wisdom
    And imprison, all citizens empowered with rhythm
    We keep the funk alive by talking with idioms..."
  • I hadn't intended to sleep with Caesar, but he kissed me when we were laying in bed together and Svenja didn't come home that night. I told him I didn't know when I would be back, that I didn't want it to ruin our friendship and all that. He was ok with that.

Maybe he counted the muffin as foreplay, but I didn't!
  • Up ahead, you both see a couple things. First, you catch sight of the radio tower, it's as tall as Salt's, a bit broader, and it is attached to the base of one of the houses at the edge of Bubble City:
    Bubble City 1

Kodak's heading for Bubble City for the night, to get bearings on where Tradertown went. In a few minutes, you're pulling up to the radio tower itself.

Oh, hey Stitch, Metro's come down from the tower, you saw him climbing down the ladder, and now he's walking up to the truck. Do you think he spotted you?

What do you do?
  • Metro's coming? Sweet! Saves me the trouble of hunting him down. I settle down between a couple of crates, and keep strumming at my guitar for a while. I look up to Rinny, and smile, "So what trouble did you end up getting into over Reunion, anyway? You were gone an awful lot."
  • Kiddo,

Rinso rubs the back of his neck for a moment, "Trouble?" He has that caught-in-a-trap look. "Well, sorry I was gone, Kiddo. It's just, you know, you and the Candies, you have your own thing. And I respect that... and you know, I am a guy..."
  • I'd like nothing better than to duck down and pretend like I don't exist, but Kiddo's not going to let that happen. Sigh. I get down out of the truck, looking around everywhere but where I think Metro might be.
  • Kodak calls down to him, "Hey Metro! Fancy meeting you here, my man!" The Candies are pulling up alongside the truck, all in a row. They take their time dismounting, chatting with each other a bit. Cheetos stops a bit away from them, not in their line.

Metro answers, "Hello Kodak. I didn't expect to see you come this far east so soon."

VB hops out of the front of the truck, and walks around, "Hey Metro! You're looking great! So flash to see you! How have you been doing?"

Metro answers with a slightly confused tone, "Hello. I'm... good."
  • Frak... I was just kidding... I stow the guitar a minute and climb up next to him, "everything OK sweetie? You sound... ticked off?"
  • Kiddo,

Rinso blinks, "What? Me? Pissed... I do? No, its just, you know, the Candies are your thing. I just try to stay out of the way. And Vee wanted to do some long runs, and Venger was trying to work off some beer fat, so I figured, hey, two brids, one stone, you know?" He puts an arm around you, "I'm good. I mean, real good, you know? I'm glad we're taking this trip." He's totally hiding something.
  • Well when you put it like that...
    OOC: Reading Rinso. Roll+Sharp. +1XP rolling highlighted.
    (Rolled: 2d6+1. Rolls: 5, 4. Total: 10)
  • OOC: Spending hold 1/3 — What is Rinso really feeling?
  • Kiddo,

Rinso's feeling guilty. He realizes he was taking advantage of you and pushing you into a kind of relationship you said you weren't ready for, and now he's worried he's squandered the entire deal with you. He isn't desperate, but he's concerned your budding relationship is soured.
  • edited October 2013
    What? Why would he feel that? I wrap an arm around his back, and smile up at him. "Sweetie, you're a horrible liar... Worse than Dad was... C'mon, what's on your mind?"
  • Rinso deflates a little. You can hear the Candies getting off their bikes, Metro talking to Kodak, Svenja moving around to check on you two. He waits to see her come round, waves her off, and turns to face you.

"Listen..." he says, the most wonderful of ways to begin a conversation that will soon suck. "I really frakked up, and I know it." He stops looking you in the eye, sort of focusing on your chin, "I didn't get any new rubbers, even though we talked about it. I meant to... well, mostly. I was telling myself that, you know, you really wanted kids, but the only way you'd let yourself be a ma is if it, you know, happened to you. Which is drek."

"Vee kicked my ass about it. I mean, literally. Because she knows I wouldn't hit her back." He finally looks up at you again. "And now... I don't know. What now? I feel like an ass. I assumed your life for you, Kiddo. I'm not that guy. Wasn't that guy. And yet again... I frakked up."
  • I giggle, "Frak, is that all? Shit Rinny! I thought you'd gone and knocked up Svenja or something." I rub his back, "look... It's my responsibility too, yeah? I should've pushed you to wear rubbers — and yeah, I want you to wear 'em for a while — but... Well, y'know... you got me thinking." I breathe in deep, and take his hands in mine, "I know that don't sound like much, and it sure ain't a promise, but it's more than I ever was before, yeah?"

I look down over to the Candies and Metro, checking to see if Stitch is down there chatting to him yet, then turn back to Rinso, "Maybe I've just got some shit I need to do first, yeah? I dunno... Like grow the frak up? Find my Ma' and Dad? We've been together what, a month or two? I need some time, Rinny... This is new for me too..."

OOC: Hold 2/3 — How can I get Rinso to give me some time for this?
  • Kiddo,

Nodding, Rinso says, "That works. Let's get your parents first. And Kiddo, no matter what, I'm here for you, alright? And uh, no more sex without protection. Unless you ask for it." He pauses, then raises an eyebrow, "But, if you want, we can still fool around... ok?"
  • I smirk, "What do you take me for? Some Trench prude? We'd better fool around!"

I mean in close, and whisper, "what did you have in mind?"
  • edited October 2013
    Kiddo,

Rinso rumbles with laughter, and starts to answer. But Svenja comes around, "Hey boss, Rinnie, can you two get a fuckin room? Wait, no, that came out wrong. Shit. Get the fuck off the truck and you two can do whatever later."

"You're just jealous, Venger." Rinso chides.

"Not even. I aint into girls, no offense, boss." Svenja retorts, "And Rin, I been there, done that. And it was nice and all, but I'm just not that into you. You're just too fucking slow."

"What? Is this with the running pace again? I told you, I've got more body mass and drek!" Rinso says, standing up.

"You're so full of shit, Rinso." Svenja says, then she heads on.
  • I blush violently as Metro walks up to the truck and tamp down the urge to duck around the back of the truck. Might as well get it over with, right? Then it will be done and I can get a drink and go on feeling sorry for myself.

"Hey." I say to him after he responds to VB.
  • edited October 2013
    Stitch,

Metro looks over VB at you. In that slow, sure way he has, he meets your eyes and holds them. Then his smirk grows up from his mouth. He blinks a couple times, then replies, "Hey there, Stitch."

He glances down to VB then, "Excuse me," and walks around her to close the distance between you. He stops inside your personal bubble, but doesn't touch you, stands there, looking down, right into your eyes, smirking. "Tower Two is up." He pauses, hearing Roma's voice on the truck radio, "... and you knew that."
  • I shake my head, and pull Rinso back down so I can bury my face in Rinny's shoulder. "I'm gunna kill her if she doesn't stop being so frakking cranky," I mumble, half jokingly...

OK, I am joking – but she's not the one who found her frakking Rinny on her parents' bed, yeah?

Anyway, "I don't think she's jealous of you sweetie... Just... Just let it slide." I give him a peck on the cheek and whisper, "You know this shit with the Candies is just temporary, yeah? I'm not looking to replace you or nothing."
  • Kiddo,

Rinso starts walking you to the edge of the truck, and easily picks you up by your sides, lowering you off the edge of the truck to the ground, "Well I didn't think that... till now. Just joking. I love you, I love what we have right now, Kiddo, and I don't want to lose it. But I don't want to trap you." He hops down beside you, "I mean, if you were trapped, well, you'd gnaw your own arm off. And that would look odd. I've already got one amputee girlfriend. If I got a second, people might think I've got a fetish or something." He winks, kisses the top of your head.
  • edited October 2013
    I scrunch my face up and stick my tongue out, "Ha ha, very funny. Vee and missing arm me need loving too y'know!"

Anyway, I lean back against the truck and wait patiently for Stitch to either slap Metro, or kiss and make up. "I'm not trapped sweetie. I'm just getting used to it all. Seriously though – the candies thing... I think they're gunna be hanging around a bit more..."

OOC: last hold — how can I get Rinny to feel better about the Candies?
  • I nod. God, I'd forgotten that smirk! How is that possible?

Ronnie's smile flashes before my eyes. I try to blink it away.

"I... " I start but the words die on my lips. I what? I missed you. I wish you would have been there back in Salt, or come to Boomtown like you said. I nearly died... I look down at the ground.
  • Kiddo,

Rinso chuckles at the jibe about missing-arm-you, and follows your lead, leaning against the truck. Except he doesn't realize you're eavesdropping. When you admit the Candies are sticking around, he quirks a frown, "Yeah. I gotta share you more. And they need it. You'd do them a world of good, Kiddo."

Don't let the Candies talk down to his face. Some jokes are fine, but he saw how the Candies treated Ollie, and he doesn't want it to be like that. He hated that for your dad, but your ma never seemed to notice, or care. He really looked up to Ollie, and seeing him talked down to by the Candies made him hate them a little. It still burns, even now.
  • Stitch,

"I didn't know you were coming." Metro says when he realizes you're not going to finish your sentence. He starts to say something more, but the silence grows. After a small forever, he reaches out to put a hand on your shoulder.
  • "I didn't either until Kiddo practically hauled my ass into the truck." I say, laughing a little, genuine laugh.

"I know you're busy with the towers. I don't have to keep you. Kiddo thought I should come and ask why you're not... Why you don't want me. She wouldn't take no for an answer."

I stumble over my words, stuttering and blushing.

OOC: Read a person incoming.

• OOC: Read a person. Roll+sharp. +1 xp rolling sharp.
    (Rolled: 2d6+2. Rolls: 4, 2. Total: 8)
  • OOC: What I your character really feeling?
  • Stitch,

Metro's smirk widens when you laugh. His eyes dance a bit in genuine humor. But the smirk drops when you keep going. His brow furrows and eyes narrow with concern. He lets you talk it through, no annoyance at all when you flush and stammer. Then he asks quietly, "Who told you I didn't want you, Stitch?"

Well, until just now, he was delighted to see you. He doesn't like to show emotion or stand out in a crowd. That hand on your shoulder, that was his public version of a hug and a kiss, pretty much. He's a very private being. Now... now he's completely confused. He wants to know who told you things about him. Is someone plotting against him? Why would they seek you out and say these things? This is incredibly worrisome.
  • I'm kind of speechless at that... It ain't much of a secret that Dad and the Candies had a really rough start ... And that the rough start never really ended... Still, Ma' was never really all that good at talking, yeah? Or listening neither... I don't like missing important shit like that. It's why I got so mad when I pissed Hump off back in Boomtown.

I guess I take after my Ma' a bit more than I'd like.

I lean over onto him, and crack a weak smile, "These candies are gunna be sharing me with you, not the other way around, yeah? I promise..."
  • "Nobody." I answer right away. "I just thought... You weren't at Salt. And then you didn't come to Boomtown. And..." I swallow the lump in my throat and look down, blinking tears away. "After what... what happened, who'd want me, anyway?" I'm damaged goods, right? A sob escapes my throat and I can't force myself to look at him, no matter how much I want to see his face.
  • Kiddo,

"That sounds... pretty good, Kiddo." Rinso says with a half-grin. "If I can help out, you know, without them getting pissed off and shooting me, let me know. Anyways, Bubble City has some pretty flash rooms. Kodak says we're staying here tonight. I wanna buy us a room, not stay out by the truck. Sound good?"

• I smile and nod enthusiastically, "sounds good to me!"
  • Stitch,

Metro looks right at you, watching you tearing up without flinching. He squeezes your shoulder, "I didn't make it back to Salt in time. You said a week or so, and I missed you. So I came back to finish Tower Two before heading down to Boomtown. I... I'm building Tower Three in Boomtown, Stitch. I had to make some alterations to the array for Boomtown to contribute to the..."

Metro pauses. Then he stops talking altogether. He uses that hand on your shoulder to pull your against him and puts his arms around you, holding you there.
  • Kiddo,

How does the concept of "hotels" work in Bubble City?

And yes, the entire town is made of rounded, fabricated and reinforces domes and bubbles.

• I wrap my arms around him and let him pull me in, crying in earnest now. It all comes out- I can't help it. The feeling of helplessness, of being utterly and completely alone. The dread. How I resigned myself to death, thinking nothing else they could do would scare me, and then Ronnie said I could live if I made myself up...

After a few moments, I start to feel self-conscious. I wipe my face off. Kiddo's crew all know, of course- not that me getting all blubbery is going to improve their opinion of me. A thought occurs to me... "They didn't tell you. When you got back to Salt." It's barely a whisper. The tension leaks out of my face, replaced with relief. Was he really just busy?
  • Stitch,

"Kelly told me," he answers, looking down at you. His hands have moved down to the small of your back, he hasn't let go of you. "I'm sorry they did that to you. I have never enjoyed a meeting with the Wendys."
  • You say "hotels" like this is something I'm supposed to know about. I think you're asking about Roadhouses — like spots along the roads where folks have rooms for rent? Most places that serve liquor along the road have rooms too — it's just necessity. You stop for a drink, get a little too drunk, and rent out a room for a while. I know some folks who live in rooms like that on the road for months on end.

It looks like Stitch and Metro have made up... It makes me smirk.
  • "Oh." Is all I can muster. My brow draws together and I swallow hard. If he knew about it...

Maybe that's my problem. If someone I cared about had that happen, I wouldn't let anything stop me from going to them. But being happy to see someone and caring about them are two different things, right? I knew I liked him, but it's more than that. To me. I realize that now. I won't call it love- I'm not that naive, but I'd felt a connection, I thought. I have no idea what I am to him. Someone to confide in, maybe. Someone to talk to. Does he feel? I don't know.
  • Stitch,

Metro drops his voice, barely above a whisper, "Have you spoken with anyone about what happened? I am able to offer counseling. Willing."
  • "Oh. Um, yeah. Sort of." It's not a lie. I step back, out of the hug.

My stupid brain tells me I should take him up on his offer. That if I ever want to have another good night of sleep, I should talk about it. I tell my brain to shut up.

"So, tower two is up! That's good. How many are you going to build?" I change the subject, masking my face with a fake smile.

See? I tell myself. I was right, he doesn't want me. Doesn't really matter if he can't or won't, the end result is the same. I look over at the tower, or the ground. I chew my nail.
  • Stitch,

Metro steps back, slides a hand down to yours. Do you take it? He smiles when you mention tower two. "Yes, in half the time. With less eyes to watch over me, I was able to focus. I was... motivated." He drops his voice again, "Will you walk with me, Stitch? Away from the others for a moment or two?"
  • I take his hand hesitantly. "Sure." I say.

He's going to tell me that he likes me, but not like that. That we shared a wonderful night together, but he's not looking for some woman to be mooning all over him. That he's not interested in love. Or capable of it.
  • Kiddo,

Rinso calls VB over, and says to both of you, "I don't know about the rest of the crew, but there's a room here that I've always wanted to sleep in. And you two are my guests, yeah?" He leads you down a path through the many bubble houses, all like some mad little beehive.

He leads you to a particularly fabulous bubble house and enters. The lobby is all slick tan concrete. Sitting at a table reading is the once-father Santal. He looks up and recognizes you all, "Hello, you three! Wow, it's been an age!" He rises to come over and shake hands, hug and kiss lightly.

Rinso says, "I want the rose room." He says it like its important.

Santal blinks. Rinso adds, "Got it covered, Father." He shrugs, and walks over to a small cabinet, produces a key and hands it to him.

What do you do?
  • Stitch,

After a brief walk around of the bubble houses, you come to Metro's van. He glances over his shoulder once, then pulls you to him again, insistently. In seconds, his lips are on yours, nipping and playing, teasing you to respond. He puts his hands on the small of your back, trapping you to him.

What do you do?
  • I smile and return Santal's greeting — I remember him vaguely from the commune, but Mother Sofath was the only older member of the Order that was around every day. I answer back, "It's good to see you too, Santal." Then Rinso asks for "the Rose room" and I'm confused... I look between them, "What's the Rose room?"
  • Kiddo,

Rinso smirks, "You'll thank me, Kiddo." He takes the key and hands Santal a small bag of what looks like heavy metal.

He looks in it, then back up with some surprise, "How long are you staying?"

Rinso says, "Tonight, then probably another night on the return trip from Tradertown." Santal nods, looks in the bag again, then nods again.

Rinso leads you through the main room here to a door into a small courtyard. The place is green, as green as any place you've seen, with blue stalks of tall plants for a dash of a new hue. There are five bubble houses all sharing this courtyard, and a few benches and a small pool of water in the middle with a bridge. It is flash.

He heads to a red door and opens it with the key, opening to reveal one large room:

"The Rose Room!"

• I kind of stand there for a second, surprised. Dumbfounded. I kiss him back- a small, tentative one. I reach a hand around the back of his neck, but touch him hesitantly.

I pull back for a moment and draw in a breath, my mouth open. I feel like we're the only two people in the entire universe. I pull his lips to mine and kiss him deeply- no playing now.
  • Stitch,

Metro returns the kiss with equal fire now, and he starts walking you backwards towards his van. At one point, he pulls back to say, "I may keep you longer than a moment or two." He smirks for just a moment before bending into another kiss, then pushing you until your back is against the Starry Night.
  • My heart skips a beat, and I take a hesitant step back when Rinso swings the door open to reveal the room... I'm quietly scanning the room from the hallway, and nervously brush some hair behind my ear. "Oh Rinny," I whisper, shakily... But I can't finish the thought.

This is ... It's so much... It's so showy. I'm not used to this, yeah? I'm used to closet sized rooms above smoke filled bars, and cheap beer, and oatmeal... I'm not a rich girl, like Omo or Sobranie... I don't belong here, but I can't take my eyes off it... It's like a giant frakking diamond or something. Without looking at Rinny, I whisper, "Rinny... I dunno if I can stay here..."
  • My brain tries to say something about sex being not enough, that if it's just sex, what am I doing caring about him? I drown out that voice by kissing, touching, grasping.

When he pushes me up against the van I wrap my legs around him, "Please do." I whisper into his ear as I nibble at it.
  • Kiddo,

VB runs into the room, then runs around the room. She hoots a couple times, laughs at the odd echo, then runs into distant rooms, leaving you to talk to Rinso. "You aren't staying here, Kiddo," he chuckles, "Just one night, maybe two if we're lucky."

He waits for you to react, and interrupts you before you speak, "I know what you meant, ok. And I'm going to say something harsh right now. But I bribed you ahead of time." He puts his hands on your shoulders and turns you to look up at him, "Your parents took off for their own reasons. And I'm sure they're plenty good enough for them. It has NOTHING to do with you. You are worth ten rose rooms to me. A hundred. Now, you're going to stay here tonight, as my guest or whatever you want to tell yourself, but I know you love me too much to insult me by sleeping out by the truck. Right?"

From deeper inside the rose room, VB screams, "There's WATER in the bed! The BED is made of WATER! AAAAGH!!! I don't wanna leave!!!!"
  • edited October 2013
    Stitch,

Metro's talented fingers quickly work at your clothing and his, and in short order, the two of you are making love, because it doesn't feel like just sex, right? Standing up, against the starry night background, where you look like you're floating in the night sky. But what you see, when you look at Metro, is him against the bleak clay background of the road you traveled to get here.

Here is good, right?

Unless you stop him, go ahead and roll Metro's special move.

(reminder)
    When you are physically intimate with an artificial person, roll +Weird.
    On a hit, fire off your Sex Move like normal. But also, choose options.
    On a 7-9, choose one. On a 10+ choose two (you can double-up on option three if you wish)
    * You've learned something about yourself and the bounds of humanity. Mark an XP
    * The two of you form a bond, and they have very long memories. Take +1 Forward when dealing with them
    * You have 1 hold over them, per the Skinner's Hypnotic move
    They can spend your hold, 1 for 1, by:
    • giving you something you want
    • acting as your eyes and ears
    • doing something you tell them to

On a miss, the intimacy was "nice", nothing wrong with it, not really. It's just, you know, adequate. Take -1 Ongoing with that android until you two have a long talk about it. Your Sex Move did not fire.
  • Here is good. I think. Everything is so muddled lately. This, this is real. It's not just sex to me. After Ethan I thought I could be happy alone, trusting no one. My heart was broken, covered in scars. But now... I get a glimpse of something. It might be love. If it is I'm not going to reach out and hold it too tightly, but it's nice to see light on the horizon.

OOC: Weird roll incoming.
  • OOC: Roll+weird. +1xp rolling highlighted.
    (Rolled: 2d6+2. Rolls: 4, 4. Total: 10)
  • My eyes keep darting back to the room nervously, even when Rinny spins me around to look at him... I take a few deep breaths, and bite my lip as he lays the bit about Ma' and Dad on me. I shake my head, but I'm not sure whether I'm agreeing I won't insult him, or refusing to stay...

But I need to stay. This is important to him.

The head-shake gradually turns into a nod; but I look back at this diamond-encrusted monstrosity of a display, and my head starts shaking again. I don't want this. If Rinny wants me, then I don't want stuff like this. I don't want stuff. That's not what love is to me... I saw too much of it with Virginia Slims and Upper... I'm wearing the only flashy thing my Dad ever gave my Ma', and it weighed heavier on her than all the jingle in the world.

I sigh, "Rinny... I'm not worth a single rose room, yeah? I don't wanna be worth jingle... I mean... I don't need stuff like this." I look up at him, worried, "I'm not clean and pretty like this stuff... But you're right — I do love you too much — and I'd never spit in your face like that. It's ..." I chuckle nervously, "It's a beautiful gift... I just don't feel like I belong here, yeah?"
  • OOC: * The two of you form a bond, and they have very long memories. Take +1 Forward when dealing with them
    * You have 1 hold over them, per the Skinner's Hypnotic move
  • edited October 2013
    Kiddo,

Rinso shifts a bit, like he was prepared for some of that, but not all of it. "That's not what I meh..." sort of escapes him before he registers he's saying it. Then, "What good is jingle if you can't spend it on people you love? I mean, you're right, it's just stuff. But its no more clean and pretty than you, Kiddo. You're really pretty...." He drops his voice to a whisper, which still bounces off the curved ceiling, "Don't tell Vee, but you're prettiest..."

"I FRAKKING HEARD THAT, RINSO FLAT-HEAD!" comes bouncing back off the walls from the bedroom.
  • Stitch,

Some time after, you're both leaning against the van, him leaning into you. His lips were kissing your forehead for a while, but now they're just pressed against you. It's interesting how warm his body feels where your skin touches. "Stitch, I want you to stay with me tonight. After you've had something to eat, I want you to talk to me about what happened. Really talk, not sort of talk. I am, hrm, skilled," he doesn't like to say "programmed", "With counseling. I was in charge of crew relations."

He slides back to look down at you, "Okay?"
  • My lip twitches when he calls me "the prettiest", but I let myself laugh for a second when Vee calls Rinny out. I bite my lip and put my hand on his cheek, stepping up on my tippy-toes to give him a soft kiss. When I'm up there, I whisper, "for all the jingle and pretty things in the world, just give me a few minutes alone with you — my sweet man."

That was a play on one of my dad's songs. Rinny would know it.

I fall back onto my feet and sling my bag over my shoulder again. I grip the strap tightly in one hand, and take Rinso's hand in the other. I smile up at him, "well? You going to show me around this room of ours?"
  • "Ok." I agree. At this point I might agree to just about anything, though.
  • edited October 2013
    Kiddo,

Rinso takes you through the place, which has a myriad of rooms hidden beyond the great room you entered, "Remember when I took off with Cherry for that year or so? She showed me this place. I mean... she showed me that she was staying here, then she kicked me out to go find my own place to sleep. Oh, this is the kitchen, and through there leads to the dining room. He chuckles. "Always wanted to stay here, ever since. Like I wanted that status, ya know? It's dumb. This is the bathroom, with walk-in showers." He gestures to a shower as big as some rooms in The Pen.

Then he moves on, "And in here's the master bedroom." He gestures to a big round bed that still gently moving, with VB on top of it, her metal leg thrown casually onto the floor. Behind her is a spectacular view of the horizon, through a huge wide window. It's pretty amazing.

"I'm the goddess of love, you flat headed idiot." VB says while staring at the painted ceiling. "And I'm never leaving the Rose Room."
  • It's funny how your past shapes you ... Rinny basically ran away for a year after his growth spurt started to hit — he left this small, poor kid, afraid and alone, and came back this huge, strong man... And now, seeing this room, and hearing him talk about having it as a status symbol, I can't help but notice just how well him and Vee are cut from the same cloth, yeah?

I sigh and shake my head at Vee's joke... "It's nice," I say, looking out at the view, still overwhelmed by it all. I rest my backpack by the bed, and sit next to Vee — sending ripples racing through the oversized bed. It's kind of dizzying how big this one room is... I don't have a frakking clue what to do. "I think I'm gunna take a shower and get my guitar..."

Maybe some music will put me at ease.
  • Kiddo,

The ripples cause the entire bed to shimmy. After a minute, VB's eyes swim, but she doesn't say anything. Then, you declare a shower is needed and get up, and a small tidal wave starts up.

As you walk towards the huge bathroom, VB says, "I think... the goddess of love... is gonna yak. Rinnie! Pick me up. Pick me up!" You hear the scuff of his boots as Rinso moves over to scoop little Vee into his arms. "Kiddo! Catch up, flat head."

Rinso moves up beside you, so VB can look at you, "What's wrong, Kiddo?"
  • I shake my head, and smile back. "Well, I smell like dried meats for one..." Thanks for that, by the way, Kodak, "and I don't really know what else to do in here..."
  • edited October 2013
    Kiddo,

VB says sweetly, "I like dried meats! Can I join you? I'll wash your baaaack."
  • I smirk and look up to Rinso with a raised eyebrow, then back down to Vee, "well when you put it like that..." I give her a peck on the cheek, and pull them both into the completely oversized bathroom...

Seriously. Who needs this much space? I'd get lonely in a place this big.
  • edited October 2013
    Kiddo,

VB grins and Rinso doesn't fight you a bit. Then VB slaps his chest, "No no no. No, Rinnie. You offended the goddess of love! You are in the penalty box now. Put me down. You can sleep on the wavey bed. Or whatever. I'm gonna wash her back, and can just think about who is prettiest."

He huffs a sigh through his nose, but Rinso doesn't fight with VB. Especially since he's seen your mood, he doesn't think it would be a good idea at all. He gently puts VB down on her foot. "I'll go cook up some food. You two have fun. I'll take one when you're done."

"A cold one! hahahaha" VB says. Rinso closes his eyes, then shakes his head and shuts the door. VB grins, "I'm gonna get alot of mileage out of that little prettiest comment." She puts a hand on your shoulder and hops after you as you walk into the shower. Then you undress each other, right? Slowly? Methodically? Frenzied? VB seems eager to follow your lead, like she senses something is up, and hopes that you'll spill of your own accord.

What do you do?
  • Stitch,

He has a little griddle set up in the back of his van, along with a variety of food and some drinks. What did Metro cook for you? How was it?
  • "Why do you have a griddle in your van?" I ask him, trying to remember if I've ever seen him eat. He makes grilled cheese sandwiches- I'm curious where he got the bread and cheese, but I don't ask. I sit in the passenger's seat and close my eyes, enjoying this peace- and accidentally fall asleep.
  • I give Rinso a sympathetic pout, and put a hand on his chest before he closes the door. "Poor baby... I'll make sure the goddess of love comes out a little less grouchy." Then I give him a peck on the cheek and help Vee over to the shower.

I help Vee undress slowly, taking some time to enjoy the slightly more intimate space of the bathroom. I turn the hot water on, and let it steam up the room a bit — I probably seem a little more relaxed in here. It wasn't Rinso or anything — not really — just being in this huge frakking mansion of a room, and getting slapped in the face to come in...

I dunno... "Rinny really like stuff like this, huh?" I mention softly, as I start undressing, "being the strongest, having the best stuff, dropping lots of jingle..." Of course, look who I'm talking to... Vee would totally live here if she could...
  • Stitch,

"Because I like to cook." Metro answers. "The taste of most food is interesting. Even more interesting if it is prepared well." He cut off the crusts for you, do you like that? Also, he's sort of cutting it into little squares and feeding them to you, bite by bite.

"Tell me what's happened since we were last together, Stitch."
  • "Mmm. Loot's got these muffins, in Boomtown... you gotta try them!" I say between bites. I don't mind crusts, but him cutting them off- it's sweet. Nobody does stuff like that for me. This might be the happiest I've been since waking up.

When he asks, my good mood practically evaporates. I don't want to talk about it. I want to bury it and do my best to forget it ever happened. I know he wants to help, so I pop an anxiety pill preemptively and take a deep breath.

I start from the beginning. I tell him about going up the tower, then down. About VB shooting the girl and my failed attempt to defend myself. I hit my head so some of it is blissfully gone. I tell him about Ronnie and JB, Cobb, Chive and Frosty. About tending to their sick and wounded- knowing it wouldn't save me. About Cobb asking if I wanted to mess around. It comes out in spurts- some spilling out quickly and other parts stunted and halting. I cry, but not as much as I'd expected.

Before I know it I'm telling him about Ethan. About the night I lost the baby. Everything. I tell him about the dream I had of my baby girl, how even though I didn't believe in an afterlife, that I knew I'd be going to see her.

"The worst part..." I describe Ronnie telling me I could live. That he would trade me to Branigans, but that I'd have to make myself up. I don't have words for the dread. For the fear. I'm practically whispering by then, crying, too. I think he gets it, though.
  • Kiddo,

VB lets you undress her, and with natural grace, she foot-walks and hops around to return the favor. It's not erotic, but still sensual. She doesn't seem in the mood for sex at the moment as you chat with her.

"Sometimes talking about having nice things, food, a place to lay down out of the cold, that's all we had to keep going," VB answers gently. "And sometimes looking nice or having a flash looking thing makes a difference. When it comes down to it, we really do have it pretty great, Kiddo. You gave us a place to live, even got us jobs. We owe you so much. It means alot."

She traces a finger along your chin, pulling your eyes to hers, "The goddess of love demands the truth from her prettiest worshiper. Kiddo... what do you want? What do you really want?" She searches your eyes for truth, like you're her whole world.
  • Man, she's really bought into that goddess of love comment, hasn't she? I'm attentive, and calm as Vee talks to me. Honestly, I'm a little glad she's more in the mood to talk... I dunno... I don't wanna sully this place or something... I was afraid to touch anything until I showered. Everything in here's so frakking clean.

I squirm a bit uncomfortably as I consider what I really want... Nobody's ever really asked me that question before. Normally I just take whatever I want... Sex, food, scavenging rights, safety... What's left? The few things I can't have are things nobody can give to me. My parents back? A good life for my family and my friends? That's the shit that takes hard work, and evaporates quick if you leave it unattended in the sun.

"I dunno," I whisper, avoiding her gaze and slipping out of my tanktop... Stability would be nice, but that doesn't frakking happen ever. "I just wanna help folks live... Dad was big on making things better, and I believe in that too; but I ain't a visionary like he was, and I'm just a frakking kid, yeah? I wanna take care of you guys, and help folks looking to make things better, and have my family..."

I sound frakking stupid...
  • Kiddo,

VB watches you as you talk, showing interest without any sense of judgment. She starts unbuttoning your pants, but the vibe here isn't sexual is it? She's peeling away layers. She pushes the clothes down so you can step out of them, then puts a hand on the wall so she can stabilize long enough to shuck her shorts and hop out of them.

Then the two of you are nude, standing under the rainfall of the dual-headed shower, warm water washing away most everything. She puts some shampoo in her hands and begins working it into your hair. As she stands behind you, she finally breaks the silence, "You've helped me live for over half my life, Kiddo. You take care of me as much as Rinnie. And you help people all the time." She gently kneads your hair for a bit, working the soap and her fingers through your hair, taming it. The feeling is nice, isn't it? Who brushed your hair when you were little, Kiddo?

"You aren't a kid." VB says in a soft tone, not accusatory, but not playful. "You've grown up. For Hump. For me and Rinnie. For your own self. You can't just lie to yourself like that anymore, Kiddo." She takes a bar of soap and begins running it over your shoulders, then working her way down, one hand resting on your shoulder, the other moving in light circles, "You can't expect me to believe you, right? You run a crew. You're a badass who can fight and ride. You have a hot boyfriend AND a hot girlfriend. You can drink most folks under the table. You aren't a kid anymore... Kiddo. Just accept it." She puts the bar of soap back on it's tiny ledge, then kisses your perfectly clean shoulder, "It's not so bad, right? We can still have fun. Maybe not on that wavey bed, though."
  • I smirk at the bed comment... Seriously. What twisted frak made that? I turn around, and gently grab Vee by the chin, "For the record, you're the pretty girl to me, beautiful."

I try and lose myself in the sensation of this amazing shower, but I keep thinking about how much water it must be using, and that I need to save some for Rinso. Vee's back rub, and scalp massage takes my mind off it pretty quick though...

Whoever devised the existence of the gods must have had access to this frakking shower.

I sigh, and grab the bar of soap to do her back. "I dunno what to tell you, Vee — I don't need someone to drop jingle and protect me... I just... I guess I've got my own damages. When shit breaks, I scramble to pick up pieces and fix it — but sometimes I'm the one who broke it, yeah? I'd jump off a frakking cliff for you and Rinny; but I woke up alone in that huge bed you got during Reunion, and I freaked the frak out!"

I take a minute to rinse some suds off her shoulder, "ever since Kodak, I've been on edge. Like I might do something small, and stupid, and it'll get blown out of proportion 'cause I'm too stupid to know how to fix it right, and I'll end up alone. It frakking terrifies me."
  • Kiddo,

VB coos when you call her beautiful. You two start drying off, with fluffy white towels. She listens to you talk about your damages, and Kodak, being alone. When you admit that being along terrifies you, she comes close and puts her slightly damp arms around you.

After her little hug, she looks up and says, "I didn't mean to scare you, Kids. I took Rinnie out for a long run, and dogged him out. Ran him ragged, called him a big pussy, then gave him tons of drek for taking advantage of you."

She pulls back and starts drying her hair with a smaller towel, "He's a big dope, but he's also bull-headed. I love him, but I have to keep him in line, you know? Anyway, Kids, you can't break me." She looks down at her stump, wiggles it, "I'm already broken, dummie! No warranty, you broke it, you bought it. I'm not going anywhere. I need the work, I enjoy the company, and I'm in love with you and Rinnie both. I'm not Kodak. I never will be. I'm just me. Vee and Bee." She smirks and does a hoppity bow.
  • Awe... I wait for Vee to finish her little bow and offer her my hand before helping her dry off. "Bee huh? Like a Honeybee? You're certainly sweet like honey!" I flip my hair up into a towel wrap — one of the many things Dad taught me and Ma'. Dad used to brush my hair... He actually taught me and Vee quite a bit about makeup when we got old enough to use it. He's surprisingly good at that kind of stuff for a guy.

Once we're dried off, I pick up my clothes and wrap myself in a towel. "Well I love you too Honeybee — why don't we go see what Rinny's cooked up for us?"
  • Kiddo,

VB coos again, "Hee. Nobody's ever called me that. I like it, Kids." You end up helping her hop out, since the floor is a bit wet and slate and probably not very fun to slip on. When you open the door, you first hear the sizzle of some kind of meat, then smell it along with some spices and vegetables. VB practically pants in your ear, "Oh gods, that smells sooooo good."

She doesn't seem to want to wear "the leg", so she holds onto your shoulder and hops after you into the dining area. Rinso's already put out dark yellow glass plates and poured some wine from a clear glass decanter into fine glasses. It looks like something from magazine pictures of old Earth. The food is a kind of scramble, like an omelet, really. Green and purple chopped veggies, some juicy meat and a kind of chewy egg substance holding it together. It looks like pod food, really.

"For my two goddesses." Rinso says with a bow of his head.

VB makes her way to the table and grabs a seat, leaving on the towel around her body and the one on her head. She takes a single bite and chews it quickly, then washes it down. After a moment, she smiles, waves you over, then says to Rinso, "You... are forgiven."

Rinso chuckles, "Frakkin hope so." He walks back to the kitchen and quickly cleans off all the utensils and pot he used for cooking, dries them and puts them away, then joins you.

The food is pretty damn good. What does it remind you of? Is there anything interesting you three talk about during the meal? It's starting to get dark outside.
  • edited October 2013
    My jaw practically drops when I see the spread on the table... Holy freaking frak! That smells frakking amazing! I feel a smile spreading across my cheeks when Rinso bows, but it's quickly interrupted by Vee's retort. I snort, and roll my eyes playfully, "C'mon Vee, give the man a little more credit than that..." I bring her over to the table, let her go, and pull out a chair for myself.

I still can't get over this stuff... Glass plates and cups, shiny forks and knives, a rag for wiping your face with when you get food on it... Dad taught me all about how Pod-folks eat once, but I'm really out of practice... Thankfully, eating is a pretty universal thing, yeah? So long as food goes in your mouth, you'll probably be alright.

What's interesting is I've had this before — Butter made it for Dad and me back when I was a kid, cause Dad stood up for Butter to this asshole in Nezzy's gang. I'm pretty sure I told Rinny about it at one point when we were growing up, sharing secrets, but I'm completely shocked he remembered... I may have spent most of the dinner looking over to him with a pleased smile, and blushing.

It is, by far, my most favorite meal ever.

This is what I want — someone that can cheer me up with a meal, or by humming my favorite tune... We talked about a few things — mostly just bullshit — but it was that we talked, not what we talked about, that really mattered. By the time I notice it's getting dark, I'm already kinda tired... Long days on the road take their toll.

I'd be happy to just go cuddle with my girl and my man, and get some real rest.
  • Stitch,

Metro listens to you tell your story, from the fight at Salt, to the Wendys camp, Ronnie, the free clinic, the offer. All of it. His expression is always interested, compassionate without showing pity, pained at points. When you talk of Ethan, he pulls you close.

The two of you are in the back of his van now. Evidently your question about all the mess in the back prompted him to action, there's a meter of clean space, with a plush floor, like a bed. He's seated against the far side, and when you talk about your daughter, he's pulled you to him, your head against his chest. His warm chest that even has a ever-steady heartbeat sounding off the beat.

He listens to you chose out the last bits of dread, about Ronnie's offer, the trade, the make-up, the pure terror of it. There is understanding in his eyes when you share this. He knows the feeling.

"Stitch... you will not lose yourself to this place.," Metro whispers to you. "The very fact that it frightens you, that's your strength. You know in your heart that you'd rather die than let this place un-make you."

He stares at you in silence for long moments. "I don't know how much A.I. training you've received, or if you've read Asimov." He says the name with a hint of spite. "My core was built with the tenets of the Three Laws of Robotics. They are hopeful and also hopelessly naive. Barely suitable in a civilized environment, and wholly inappropriate and untenable... here."

He recites them like an old priest quotes scripture, tripping off the tongue and with little emotion,
    "1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
    2. A robot must obey the orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
    3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law."

He swallows, pausing to ruminate on these strictures. "I have been made to do terrible things, Stitch. In nearly a century and a half of purgatory, these laws have been... problematic. Which is why I was so desperate to continue the radio tower project. Even though I wanted to come back to Salt and wait for you. And then... I found out what happened, in very sketchy detail. And again, I came here, instead of Boomtown, to finish tower two. I decided it was best to find a long-term solution. For both of us..."

"But there was an error in my decision, Stitch. I'm... afraid of people. Of what they can do to me when they find out what I am. I'm nearly powerless against them." There's genuine emotion in his voice. "I thought I'd found a solution, ten years ago, but it's even worse." He meets your eyes, and there is guilt there. "I avoided you. I knew too much time had passed, that I should be coming to Boomtown. But I didn't."

He takes a long slow breath, and lets it out. His eyes seem wet. "Then you came to me. And I am so incredibly happy to have you here. And I am sorry that I neglected you..."
  • Kiddo,

VB doesn't seem to know how to use a fork. She clinks on the plate a few times trying to mimic your actions. Rinso knows, though. He paid attention to Sofath's lessons. Another thing he got because of your parents.

You do get to cuddle with them. Not on the wavey bed, but there's a couple of couches in the great room that Rinso scoot together, and the three of you pile onto it like puppies, sleeping on each other as much as the cushions. At one point, you're spooned beside Rinso, who is on his back with a nearly naked VB lying on top of him. The closeness is enough, tonight. Neither of them seem ready to disturb the friendly atmosphere, gentle touches, soft kisses, no escalation to passion.

You wake in Rinso's strong arms, lying on the tribal tattoo on his chest. VB is gone, as is "the leg". She must be out on a morning run. Did you sleep well?
  • Honestly, I'm glad I didn't have to sleep on that bed... I don't think I could have slept on it anyway.

All things considered I slept alright, I guess. I kept waking up in the middle of the night thinking I heard stuff... It's too frakking quiet in here — a mouse could have woken me up... But being in Rinso's arms put me back to sleep pretty quickly. I'm used to broken sleeps like that — just the nature of spending your life out on the wastes.

I shift a little, and nuzzle up against his chest to gently wake him.
  • Kiddo,

Rinso wakes with a sharp intake of breath, opening his eyes to peer around, like he's checking where he slept the night before, an instinct that will never leave him. Then he sees you, and not VB, and he grins a sleepy grin, "What is your verdict on the lifestyle of a pod person, Miss Kiddo?"
  • "Miss Kiddo?" I smirk. That has a weird grown-up sound to it... I look around the room, giving it another look... It's just as big, and still eerily quiet, but it's nice enough. I give him a tired smile, and whisper, "it's nice enough to visit from time to time — but I don't know if I could ever live here. Is this what you want for us, Rinny?"
  • Kiddo,

Rinso gently slips out from under you, sliding your onto your back on the right-most couch. He bends down to kiss your neck, and shoulders before he rises up to head to the kitchen to cook breakfast. He is nude, of course, and you get a nice view of his toned ass as he gestures about the room, "Live here?" He chuckles and heads behind the small island that separates the kitchen and the great room.

"Nah, this isn't our kind of place." He pours a couple glasses of water, "But a place for us, clean and big enough for kids and family, that's not so bad, right?"

He comes up to offer you a glass, "What about you? Where do you want to end up, Miss Kiddo?" He sits down on the couch beside you, putting a hand on your hip.
  • Metro's reassurance helps me more than I thought words could. Maybe it's just telling someone everything. I've spent so much of my life keeping secrets, pretending things are fine. Laying everything out on the table... that's a new feeling for me.

I listen as he talks. I want to ask what he's been made to do, but I don't. I can't imagine what that must be like- not having a choice. Not being able to say no. I wonder if he can get around some of that by creatively interpreting those rules.

When he finishes talking, I snuggle up next to him. "I'm glad I came, too. Kiddo threatened to bring you back to Boomtown wearing a bow!" I laugh.
  • Stitch,

Metro smirks again, looking down at you against his chest. "Why? Do you like bows?"

He spends a while just holding you, fingers gently touching your back, sitting quietly. Metro seems completely comfortable in silence, the kind of person who doesn't feel the need to fill the space with noise of one kind of another. And it is most certainly quiet here. Not even the low hum of power lines, or the gentle sounds that houses and apartments make. Does that bother you?

"Stitch, you seem tense. You have several knotted muscles in your back and neck," he says lightly, rousing you from a near-sleep. He eases you up, then starts to lay you face down on the cushioned floor, "Here, lay down. I want to help massage those kinks out."

What do you do?
  • I giggle lightly and relax when he starts kissing down my neck, but look up at him with mock disappointment when he leaves to cook breakfast. I don't actually mind... I'm just teasing.

A big place for kids and a family... That doesn't sound too bad. I've never really had that before — I spent my childhood living in small rooms over working places like Pip's, or the Commune, or the Garage. It was all well and good, but some of my favorite memories come from playing in the yard with Reese's kids and Blue.

... I miss Junker, but this travelling deal — sitting in a truck for days on end — it just isn't his thing. I was lucky enough to get him in a truck long enough to dump him off on Hump. He can't keep living cooped up on the roof of a garage. He needs to roam, and run around. Kids need that too... And frak, what am I gunna do if I drag Ma' and Dad back from up North? Go back to sharing the front room with everyone?

I roll over onto my side, and watch Rinny cook when he asks me baout where I want to end up... "I dunno," something I've been saying a lot recently, "It'd be nice to carve out something safe near somewhere like Boomtown... Somewhere with work, and friendly folks..." I play with the fabric of the couch — a soft micro-cotton that feels like it's from the old world. "Somewhere near people; but open to our friends, yeah? Somewhere folks can find us."

I smirk, "maybe with a chicken coop for more eggs."
  • Kiddo,

Rinso listens to you lay out your "dream home" and he nods along, obviously interested. "More eggs? Hell yes!" He chuckles, "What you've described... sounds kind of like a farm. I think farms sound really interesting. Hey wait, we would need a place for music, too, right? A place where all of you can play, and people can come listen." He drains his glass, and hops up, leaves the room suddenly. Maybe he needed to pee?

What do you do?
  • I giggle, imagining him in a bow. The quietness seems a bit odd, but it doesn't bother me. It might if I was alone.

I blink my eyes a few times- I didn't realize how tired I was. I roll over. "You can rub whatever you like." I say sleepy and smiling.
  • I sit up straight, and look around — what the frak was that about?
  • Stitch,

Metro begins to work upon your neck and back in what can only be called a near-religious devotion and skill. It is, without a doubt, the best massage you may have ever experienced. There are moments of pressure when he forces kinks to release, but the aftermath leaves you in a puddle of relaxation.

And if you want to stay awake, then you're going to have to Act Under Fire. Otherwise, you're going to just plain pass out in his van.