[SWAW] Honey, I'm home (20)

2»

Comments

I shift and pull out my blaster to cover. "Kitten? One of the natives doesn't like what we're doing."
    Ahji Dar dashes forward towards you, towards the light. She doesn't even look up, trusting in your warning. The worm continues its descent, but Ahji Dar's movement has attracted the notice of one of the larger worms. It begins slithering forward, in a line towards you both. Its body wriggles over the sharp stalagmites and past its kin and the maw opens to show those weird, sharp teeth.

Your kitten ducks into a run, shining her light ahead as she makes her way for the wormhole that brought you here.

I move to protect her until she can get to the entrance to the hole. Of course, it's no protection, since it's conveniently sized perfectly for one of these things, but she can cover me from there. I dash a bit to the side, hoping to attract the attention of the worm that's on the move. Blaster's out and ready. I'll zig and zag until Ahji Dar is in position, assuming that she will turn to cover me, then move serpentine to the entrance. Maybe we can trigger a rock fall behind us to block it, once we're out.
  • That worm is moving on you. You know Ahji Dar will cover you, but right now, I want to see if you can Stand in Defense of her.
  • Stand in Defense

(Rolled: 2d6+1. Rolls: 6, 5. Total: 12)
  • Little Harm
    See Ahji Dar to safety
  • You both move together like a pair of dancers, weaving in and out of the small, tight spaces here in the floor of the cave. As you reach the tunnel, you turn and fire near the worm. The light causes it to flinch. Then, on a hunch, you take out a stalactite, which falls in a small torrent like spiky rain between you and the creature. Ahji Dar uses one hand to pack the silk into her pack, the other motioning for you to come on. You both dive into the tunnel and begin the long, panicked climb back to the ledge.

Covered with sudden sweat and dust, you make your way to the ledge. There were noises and rumbles, but you never saw a maw rising through the tunnel at you. Once you hit the ledge, you';ll need to climb up. Who goes first?

I insist that Ahji Dar goes first. We can both take care of ourselves, sure, and I tell myself that I want her up top to cover me again. That's not it, of course. If there's danger, then I will face it first.
    The cliff face rumbles from an approaching worm, or maybe worms. Ahji Dar smiles that devious grin, "Make speed, my Tom." She begins climbing quickly, hand over hand, her toes sprouting their small claws for purchase on the old, dry earth as she makes her way up. Her blaster is in her teeth now and she's moving fast.

Why don't you give me one last Act Fast Under Pressure here to see how it ends up?
  • Acting Fast Under Pressure

(Rolled: 2d6+2. Rolls: 6, 4. Total: 12)
  • Worms burst through the cliff underneath you, a smaller one comes out right beside you at one point, but Ahji Dar fires on it from above and you keep climbing. After a painfully long climb up, you both reach the top of the cliff, rolling over and jogging for the swoop. The ground rumbles a couple times, but you're both on the swoop and taking off before one of the large ones erupts from the soil.

Ahji Dar whoops in elation as you fly off and up, out of this ancient, lost place back towards the surface. As you're flying, she moves one of the hands you have at her waist down between her legs and pushes her back against you, purring.

I understand her reaction, and need no further encouragement. I start teasing through the tight fabric of her leggings, stroking a finger up and down, and lean forward to close my teeth gently on her ear.
    She continues purring, scooting back to rub against as much of you as she possibly can. She puts both hands on the bars of the swoop and gives it more thrust, sending the bike hurtling up the giant cavern. You zip by climbers and sail barges and your kitten is most definitely warm.
    "My Tom, I want you." she purrs as the swoop shoots out of the cavern's mouth.
    For a single moment, the swoop loses some inertia as the repulsors no longer have the cavern walls to hover over. The swoop begins to fall slightly, sending Ahji Dar into mad fits of delighted laughter. You fall for a couple breaths as Ahji Dar laughs and rubs herself against your body and fingers.
    She twists the left handlebar to re-angle the repulsors and the swoop shoots across the orange and black surface of the planet, high enough above for the heat of the volcanic ash to be incredibly warm, but not enough to burn you.
    As you zip along the surface at hundreds of miles per hour, Ahji Dar leans forward on the bike, into your fingers, lifting her trim space heinie up in the air.

I trust my kitten's skill to manipulate the swoop, so I continue my manipulations. Fingers continue pressing and rubbing, and I push back against her. Into her ear, I whisper, "I am going to kriff you like you're a Hutt's Twi'lek slave. You want it at speed, on this swoop, or do you want it on solid ground, kotenok?"
    "Here." she breathes, the tawny fur of her ear brushing against your lips as she writhes against you. "Take me now. On my swoop. As fast as we can fly." She reaches back with a hand, popping her claws to rip holes in her pants, tearing aside fabric for you.

I'm willing and eager. I unsnap my own trousers, free myself. One hand goes to her small left breast, tweaking the nipple. The right hand raises her hips so that I have an angle to enter her. Here, at whatever speed we've achieved. I bite her earlobe before I push in, whisper (or is it groan) "Is this what you want, kitten?"
    She's beyond words, purring and growling, nodding her head yes and pushing herself onto you. She twists the handle to increase speed, and the barren wastes of Sollust zip by underneath you. You blaze past a pleasure barge filled with sight-seers, some gawk for a moment.

With only a few near-misses, we both manage to finish what we've started. I know that what I release into her can't have any consequences, but some part of me hopes for some galactic exception to that rule of science.
  • Once you've both reached your peak and settled into a blissful aftermath, Ahji Dar slows the swoop to a more leisurely speed and you turn to head back to her flat.

Later, in her bed, you're both nude, under a cover and lying on your sides facing each other. The place smells of scented candles and you're both clean from a recent bathing. Her fur is lightly damp and the dim light dances in her yellow eyes.

Ahji Dar is completely relaxed, in a manner that you haven't seen except in glimpses. Her left hand is very softly playing with one of your locks of hair, enjoying the feeling of it between her fingers.
    "I am. Very glad you came to see me, Ladro."

With a contented sigh, I sink further into the bed. My hand is resting lightly on Ahji Dar's hip. "I am glad you invited me. Ya lyublyu tebya, kotenok.
    "And I you, my only Tom." Ahji Dar responds with utter calm and sincerity.

You lie together for several more moments before she shifts and says, "I received a message this morning from a client. I have a new job starting tomorrow. Raxus run. Triple pay. The only Rebels who have enough credits to afford me."

My fingers have been stroking Ahji Dar's side, but I stop when she says this, turn toward her. "That is sad. I'd hoped for more time with you, kitten. We've only almost been killed once."
    She smiles lazily. "Yes. Just the one time, my love." She scoots closer to you, sliding into an embrace, gently easing you to your back and laying her head against your chest. "We could go gambling tonight. Talia would be pleased."

I don't gamble often, but I would love to see Talia again before it's time to go, and anything with my kitten would be a treat. "That sounds like it could be fun, love. Let's do that!"
  • Talia Gambling Den
    We cut to the two of you walking into Talia's gambling den. Lively Bith music is playing and the place is hopping. It's much more entertainment than seedy place to waste hard-earned creds. It's cosmopolitan as well, filled with many alien beings, lots of games of chance.

"Chance cubes?" Ahji Dar asks, her arm slipped into the crook of yours. "Or sabacc?"

Talia sees you both as she talks with a table full of Devaronians. She gives a nod, as if she'll catch up with you. Ahji Dar gravitates towards the bar.

"Chance cubes, I think. Sabacc requires too much concentration, and I want to be able to enjoy the place."

I'll order a drink, and since this is a special occasion, I'll make it a ponfarr brandy. Just sipping on it for now, of course. The night's still young.
  • You both head over to the chance cubes table, which has a half dozen beings around slinging the cubes. Your drink is delicious. The servers aren't attractive waifs, but they are pleasant and helpful. The bartender mixes a mean drink, too.

Ahji Dar is openly affectionate, a sure sign she's comfortable here, and with you. She isn't "coming onto you" as much as touching your back, leaning in, smiling and watching you as you pick up the cubes.

I pick up the cubes and offer them to Ahji Dar for a blessing. Whether she blows or kisses or winks is up to her. Then I toss them onto the table, with a flourish.
  • Ahji Dar blows lightly on them. The first roll is a moderate success! You make a third back. The Duros running the table congratulates you and offers you another throw. The minimum bets are modest here, players gambling small time credits, but drinking and smoking heavily.

You spy a table or two of sabacc players. That's where the real credits, capital C credits are being wagered. The Bith tunes continue to bounce along.

Talia-header
    Talia comes up to the table, "Mister Argesh, these two are special guests. Make sure they are happy." She looks to you both, "I'm glad to see you both! How are you tonight? Is there anything you need?"

I give Talia a grin. "Only luck, my dear. This is very impressive, your 'little gambling den'."
  • Talia-header
    Talia puffs up just a little at your compliment, looking to her staff, "Many thanks, Captain Shade. Many thanks. I hope you have a wonderful even. May the odds be ever in your favor."

I pause a moment before replying. "If the odds are ever in my favor, dear Talia, how will the house make any Creds?" Another pause, thoughtful. "And I think I should be Captain Vos. Shade isn't shameful, certainly, but I shouldn't pretend any longer that I'm alone in the galaxy." A look to Ahji Dar at that. In some way, my relationship with her has made it easier to accept that I'm not a lone gun, despite my old sense of alienation.
    Ahji Dar squeezes your arm when you correct Talia about your name. She knows what that means, and probably knows she had a hand in your change of heart, if only a slight bit.

How does the rest of the night go, Ladro? Play until you lose your creds? Get involved in any high stakes games of chance?
  • edited February 2015

I follow Ahji Dar's instincts, so we eventually wind up at a high-stakes sabacc table. I'm breaking even so far, but the night and the booze and the company? I'm all-in with two K-creds. Hontu can take it out of my hide if I lose.
  • When you spend a night gambling at Talia's, roll+Canny. On a hit, choose options. On a 7-9, choose two. On a 10+, choose three.
    - make 2 Credits! (can be chosen multiple times)
    - hear a rumor about an Imperial weak spot
    - get a line on a lucrative contract
    - get lucky with someone(s) (player defines)

On a miss, you lose 1-Credit and there's trouble coming.
  • Gambling at Talia's (+1XP)

(Rolled: 2d6+1. Rolls: 1, 6. Total: 8)
  • I'm okay walking out even, so I'll choose to hear an Imperial rumor and get a line on a contract.
  • At one point during a sabacc game, an Imperial Lieutenant complains to his wife, "Yes, that idiot "Procurator of Justice from Firrerre has an entire fleet of freighters of his golden people stuck at the edge of space, just so he can lord over them that he destroyed their own home planet. Now that is evil."

Later while winding down with chance cubes, you meet Hadron Skirata, a Mandalorian warrior who has recently taken possession of a medium class freighter. He sold the ship, but he needs someone to take the cargo to Corellia.

I file away the information the Lieutenant let slip, to be passed on soonest. As to the Mandalorian, "Hadron, what is your cargo? I should be able to help with that."
  • edited February 2015
    photo Skikata_zpsce221615.png
    Hadron Skirata looks at you, then Ahji Dar, then back to you. "You can?" The corner of his mouth curls up in a facsimile of a grin. "A variety of base ores and minerals, with several tons of Durelium. All ship-building materials. I can offer a third of the take for your haul. That's ten K to you and yours."

The haul from here is a week there from Gristone, week back. Your risk is the high security checks for bringing in that kind of ore off contract, meaning you aren't a registered supplier.
  • edited February 2015

"Let me get in touch with my crew and see how soon the ship can get here. I'll comm you once I know?"
  • Hadron gives you his idents and thanks you for considering it.

After he leaves, Ahji Dar says, "Looks like we both have work now. Kiffu and Kiffex return to their orbits, it seems."

"Sadly true, lyubovnik. I'm so grateful we had some time together, though." I put my arm around her slender shoulders, hold her close.
    Ahji Dar melts into the hug, savoring the sensation. "I am so happy you came to see me, my Tom. We will take more vacations. The next pick is yours."

"That will give me something pleasant to think about. I like vacations with you, lyubovnik."
  • --END SESSION--