[Junk XIII] Other Options (K 4-5, S 4-3)

edited November 2013 in Junkworld XIII
Stitch, you're leaning back against Metro in his van going over maps and talking about some kind of restaurant "back home", a chain that survived for centuries that you adore. What is it?

Kiddo, Spree leaves you to meet with Stitch, who is with Metro at his van. You knock, and he opens the sliding door. the two of them are there, he starts putting away some papers.

What do you do?

Comments

• It's starting to get a little chilly, so Metro finds me with my arms tightly crossed in front of me. "Hey," I whisper, and look past him to Stitch, "can we talk a minute?"
  • Metro looks at you, Kiddo, then back to you, Stitch. He scoots out from behind you and reaches over into his stacks of containers and gadgets ad stuff to fish out a brown hoodie, then slides out of the van to hand it to you, Kiddo. "I'll be back in half an hour. I want to check on the tower." He gives you a smirk, Stitch, then waves you inside, Kiddo, shutting the door behind you.
  • Kiddo finds me with my mouth hanging open a bit. How the hell does Metro think he can build a tower in Wendys territory?!?

"Hey, Kiddo. Sure." I tell her. I nod to Metro as he leaves.
  • edited November 2013
    I nod to Metro in thanks, and hop up into the van after he leaves. I sit there a minute after he closes the door to make sure we're alone, then sit against the far wall of the van.

"sorry to bug you like this, off duty and all, I just... I'm overwhelmed... I uh... You mentioned options I had back at the clinic... I don't suppose you could tell me what they are?" My eyes are puffy, and my nose kind of runny,"It's uh ... It's not really something folks talk about here."
  • It takes me just a second to get into doctor mode. She looks so small, so scared- I want to hug her, but I don't yet.

"Yes. There are a few options. One is a surgery- I haven't ever performed it, but my time on ice gave me procedures for all sorts of things. I would need a better infirmary- Tradertown at least, or if the rumors are true, the Ascendant. The other is a pill- it works by tricking the body into thinking it's not pregnant. The side effects would keep you in bed for a day or two- cramping, nausea, etc- but there's less chance for infection. There's a small possibility you'd need a second pill and that's the rub- I've only got one left. One is usually enough, but I can't guarantee it."
  • The sharp professionalism of Stitch's tone makes it all seem so ... Normal. Like it's something folks just do from time to time, with no repercussions. I've heard rumors about coat-hangers, and falling down stairs... Hell, I'm sure if I pissed Spree off enough she'd oblige and do the job for me — but there's no guarantee that would work either, and the last thing I want is to frak this up.

I blink hard, and take a shaky breath. The pill keeping me sick in bed for a few days would match up with my playing sick... Hell, a few days pain and suffering is exactly what I'd deserve for something like that... I don't know why this runs through my head all of a sudden, but I look up at her bashfully, "Would... Would it feel pain?"
  • "The evidence we have- well, used to have- says likely not, but it's not 100% certain." I reply. I could cite statistics and studies, but I don't think she needs that right now.

I move closer and wrap my arms around her gently- ready to pull back if she doesn't want me to touch her.
  • Stitch's touch is the crack in the dam that undoes it all... I grip onto her shirt, and pull her in closer, sobbing quietly, "Stitch... Oh gods... I don't wanna do this! I don't wanna do any of it! Everything's so frakked right now, and I just wanna do what's right... I just don't want it to suffer!"
  • Normally I can separate myself from my patients. I empathize with them, but hold myself apart. When Kiddo pulls me close, I pull her to me like a child. I've been here.

When I found out about the baby, I was half elated and half terrified. I didn't want to bring a child into the world I'd come to live in- not knowing if Ethan would fuck me or hit me each night. I convinced myself that once she was born, Ethan would realize what he'd been doing and never hurt me again. We had money and security. Never wondered where our next meal would come from. It would be good.

But Kiddo, now? How do you even make that choice? It's a cruel, hard planet and good folk are few and often get screwed by those who aren't.

My choice was made for me- something I'm ashamed to admit I'm secretly glad for.

I hold her tight. "It'll be ok, I promise. Whatever you decide." I stroke her hair a bit. "You don't have to decide right now, or even tonight. Just take a breath. It'll be ok."
  • I kind of lose track of time for a minute, crying in Stitch's arms... I take a few breaths, like she says. I keep thinking about Rinny, and how he killed Timmy behind my back... If I do this now, I'd be no better than him. He'd deserve it, but I'm better than that.

I sniffle a few times more, and look up to Stitch, my eyes bloodshot and sore. "Can I ... Can I have the pill?"
  • "Of course." I lean over and grab my medkit. I dig around in the bag for a bit and produce a little blister-pack with one pill inside it, handing it to Kiddo.

"The cramping will start an hour or so after you take it, so make sure you're home." I pause. "I... I can be there with you, if you like. Or if you'd rather, we can go to my apartment. You don't have to be alone."
  • I take the pill cautiously from her, and eye it for a long time... It's so small ... It's almost disappointing how harmless it looks.

I look to her attentively when she tells me about what will happen... I almost want her to be there, and help me through it. I almost nod — almost — when a nagging voice in the back of my head barks: Suffer through it. Never forget it.

I shake my head, but take her hand... "Just... If you could come check on me later on in the day or something... Nobody should have to watch that..."
  • "Hah!" I laugh her concern off. "A week ago I had to stitch a man's ball up. Without pain meds. He squealed like a pig and kicked me! I had to strap him down!" I made the face of a whiney man-child fondling his junk. "And at med school they put us on disimpaction duty- you know what that means?" I raise my eyebrows and point to my ass.

"Unless you specifically don't want me, I'm there. Nothing you can do- involuntary or not- that's gonna gross me out."

I remember what it was like, after. Nobody there to hold me and tell me it was going to be alright. Just a clinic bed to lay in and the sounds of suffering around me. If she wants to be alone, that's one thing, but I'm her friend, too, not just her doctor. That thought makes me smile.
  • It wasn't the bodily reactions I was worried about... But if Stitch has lost a baby before, and wants to relive that, I guess I shouldn't turn her down...

I take a deep breath, "I'd wanna be alone for the first bit... Taking it... That should be me — no-one should help me with that..." I look to her with pleading eyes, "but I'd like it if you were there after that..."
  • "Of course." I tell her. "You just tell me where and when and I'll be there." I look her in the eyes- "it'll be ok. I promise."
  • I nod, and stand to leave, "I'll be in the front room of my old place, probably just after dawn... I've gotta do one more thing..."

I give her one last hug, and slide Metro's door open to head home — the pill clenched in my fist.
  • "Ok. I will be there." I nod and hug her back.
  • Stitch,

You watch Kiddo leave. The temp has dropped now that the sun set. A couple minutes later, when the coast is clear, Metro comes back in the van with a cup of coffee, still steaming. It's in a Andy Capp mug that looks ancient and worn, but clean.

He waits for you to take a drink, then asks, "Problems with her baby?"

Kiddo,

You head back to your place, unlock the door, because Ajishima is totally asleep by now, trudge up the rickety stairs. You find Rinso sitting in the front room, on a couch he "rescued" a while back, ugly floral pattern. He's sort of staring at the corner. He doesn't say anything when you come in, but he heard you.
  • I feel like the air's been sucked out of the room when I spot him on the couch, as distraught as he clearly is... I close the door behind me, and walk over to our little table... I pull a chair out, and sit down.

"Where's Vee?" I whisper, my voice still a bit shaken.
  • I take the cup appreciatively and sip. "Not that I know of. Problems being pregnant. And who could blame her, in this place?" I reply, not surprised he knows.
  • Kiddo,

Rinso doesn't look up, "She went out, said I was annoying her."

Stitch,

Metro nods, "She's surprisingly healthy. The baby's heartbeat is strong for it's, ah, age." He doesn't respond about the "in this place" comment. "I didn't make that cup. Butter Nut did. Don't pretend it isn't better than my brews, I've already had a cup."
  • I am shivering. I've never been so afraid of anything in my entire life... "We need to talk," I whisper, fighting back tears, "there's one more thing for the list..."

I reach into my pocket and gently place the pill on the table in front of me... My hand is shaking like a leaf. I look at him, and nod to the chair in front of me.
  • I giggle at him. "But I don't love Butter Nut." I say, moving closer to him.
  • Kiddo,

Rinso looks down at the pill on the table, confused. Then he looks up at you, and sees the emotion. He sits up, "What, uhm... what do you want to..." He wipes at her face, "What is it, Kiddo?"

Stitch,

Metro smirks, "Good. Then I win."
  • I take a deep breath, keeping the pill close to me, and whisper, "Stitch gave it to me — we'll get to it in a second. Right now, I need you to think with me..." I sniff and clear my throat, but it doesn't take the shakiness out of my voice. "Rinny, I'm going to believe you when you say that list you gave me is everything that could be a risk to you, and I'm going to help you set each and every point right... Do you know why I'm doing that?"
  • Kiddo,

Rinso swallows, his voice is hoarse, "Why?" He leans forward now, elbows on thighs, watching you.
  • I take a deep breath, and my eyes water. "Because I love you; and one day, I want to have kids with you — but if the people on that list decide they want payback, and they come after your child — our child — I would never forgive myself for not making that right."

I look him square in the eyes — I feel like a wolf is staring me down. I need to be brave. I summon every bit of courage I have, and still the words barely come out over a whisper...

"I'm pregnant."
  • Kiddo,

Rinso's mouth drops open. He's completely still and silent for a few beats, stunned. In whispered reverence, he says, "You're... you're a breeder?" He closes his mouth, but then it breaks into a grin. "Wait... is it mine?"
  • I consider lying... He wouldn't miss it if it wasn't his... But a tear streams down my face, and I nod quickly... It kind of hurts that he has to ask that — but then, I guess we haven't been together that long...

To most people, learning they're a breeder is a blessing — and to a certain extent, I've always been prepared for this. Rinny though? That's winning a lottery he's rigged to lose... I take another deep breath. Gods... This is going to break his heart...

I pick up the pill on the table, and twist it between my fingers — looking at it with a mixture of contempt and hope. Then I look up to him again...

"This is the promise of a happy future for our kids, Rinny... This is the sure thing. Tell me the truth Rinny — tell me that list will be gone before next season's end."
  • I smirk back at Metro. "So- what now? Back to the tower? Or something else..."
  • edited November 2013
    Kiddo,

Rinso's face breaks into this unadulterated goofy grin, the kind that someone wears when they're drunk or unaware how comedic it looks on them. "Our kids..."

He surges up out of his seat and moves forward to pick you up into his massive arms, turning in circles, "Kiddo! Whatever you need done to feel safe for our babies, that's what I'll do! Next season? Done!!" But you've still got that little pill in your hand. He doesn't even know it would kill that little one inside you. He doesn't have a clue.

What do you do?

• Stitch,

Metro chuckles, "You're just asking for a massage. I swear, Stitch, you are shameless. But I have an idea of something else that might be fun." He reaches behind his back and pulls out a long metal needle. He smirks, then moves his fingers slightly to show that there are two of them. Knitting needles.

He reaches into a jacket pocket and pulls out a ratty roll of yarn, "Not the best quality, but Larabar has some more selections. I thought we could go in the morning. But right now, can you show me how you knit?"
  • I slip the pill into the palm of my hand, and grip it tightly... Gods I wish I could be happy like he is... Why do I have to do this?

"No Rinny! That's not enough!" I hold a hand out to stop him, "I need to know for sure. This isn't a frakking game! If our kids aren't safe, then..." I look to my clenched fist, "then I'm going to do what it takes." My face is stone cold.
  • OOC: Reading Rinso. roll+sharp.
    (Rolled: 2d6+1. Rolls: 1, 6. Total: 8)
  • OOC: Holding 1.
  • Kiddo,

He puts you down, carefully, still confused about this. "What do you mean, Kiddo? Are you gonna kick me out?" He doesn't sound angry, in fact, it was right on the tip of his tongue.
  • Gods he's so thick... I frown, and shake my head. "I love you Rinny, I love you so much... But I won't bring a child into this world to suffer..." How much more obvious do I need to make it? "I won't — and this pill Stitch gave me can make sure I don't have to. Am I going to have to take this pill, Rinny?"

I'm on the verge of tears... Please, please understand Rinny...
  • edited November 2013
    Kiddo,

"I love you, too, Kiddo," he says quickly in answer to your proclamation. Then he listens to the information about the pill and it dawns on him. He narrows his eyes, but doesn't challenge you. "Don't. Don't kill our baby, Kiddo. I swear... I swear like I swore to your pa that I'll love it as much as I love you, and I'll keep it safe. Don't kill our kid before it even gets a chance to live... Please."
  • OOC: Is he telling the truth about getting that list done? Will I need to take this pill for the safety of our child?
  • Kiddo,

He's telling the truth that he'll damn well try. Of course, his version of keeping you safe may differ from yours. But yeah, that list is his lifeline.

And this part is free. If you kill that baby, he's leaving. For good. Not in anger, but that would break his trust in you. Which is an odd thing, since he just broke trust with you, but there you go.
  • I stare him down, silent, for what feels like an eternity... I remember Stitch's words — that everything would be OK, and I break. A tear streams down my face — but this time it's different... This time I'm happy.

My arm falls limp, and I collapse into him, dropping the pill on the floor. Sobs wrack through me, mixed with laughter and the release of endless nervous tension... "I'm sorry," I plead through the tears, "I'm so sorry baby... I won't..."

I won't.
  • edited November 2013
    "I enjoy being putty in your hands, what can I say?" I retort.

"Oh! Of course!" I reply, smiling. I haven't knit much since he came to Boomtown, but I got a lot done riding in the van to and from Tradertown- I even started working on a scarf for him, not that he needs it. "Guys who knit are sexy!"
  • Kiddo,

Joy surges through Rinso when you drop the pill, and he picks you up into a warm embrace and kisses away your tears. He doesn't put you down, just holds you up without squeezing too hard, saying, "It's alright, Kiddo. I hid drek from you, I broke your trust. Never again, ok? I've got you now, it's gonna be alright. I love you so much, Kiddo."

He starts kissing your cheeks, moving towards your mouth, hungry for that electric moment of a kiss.

What do you do?
  • I'm just caught up in the joy of the moment... I'm smiling as my lips quiver anxiously, crying through laughter... I'm a mess. When he pulls me up into a hug, I grab him by the cheeks and pull him into a nice, long, series of passionate kisses... I giggle nervously between pecks, and throw my arms around his neck.

If he lets me, I'll drag him over to the couch — but I'm too tired to do anything tonight. I'd be content to just lie here with him until morning, when Stitch comes...
  • Stitch,

Metro chuckles, "We could combine two great things. You knit while I give you a little massage. You can teach me all about knitting, so I can improve my sexiness."

Kiddo,

Rinso is happy to lie on the couch, and he gets the vibe you're putting off. The two of you end up laying there until a very trashed VB comes clunk-walking up the steps, chatting with someone. A female voice.

What do you do?
  • I was really comfortable, half asleep until I heard VB come shambling up the steps... It occurs to me that telling folks this early in the game is probably a bad idea. I turn quickly to face Rinso, and with a panicked look on my face plead, "Don't tell Vee. Don't tell anyone just yet! Please Rinny! It's very important!"
  • I giggle, "Improve your sexiness?!?" I can't help myself, I'm laughing nearly to the point of tears.

After a few seconds I take a deep breath. "You know I'll always say yes to a massage, but if you give me one while I'm knitting I'm going to fall asleep!"

I feel a little bit... weird sometimes. He doesn't have muscles to massage. He still enjoys my touch, but it's not the same. I wish I could do for him what he does for me.
  • Stitch,

Metro pats the padded floor and says, "I like watching you sleep. You're beautiful when the cares of the world slip away. C'mon, show me the world of knitting."
  • edited November 2013
    Stitch,

Metro grins and adds, "You're beautiful when you're awake, too, of course."
  • Kiddo,

Rinso grins wickedly and says in a whisper, "After you kicked my ass about lying earlier, now you want me to lie? Oh Kiddo, you're gonna owe me big time for this one." He's just joking though, you can tell the way he's grinning.

VB is singing that drinking song Ollie wrote one night and hated performing at Pip's. It became the bar's standard for a while, even other bands were asked to do "their version" of it. Vee is trashed giggling and making up words for it.

She stops at one point and sits down, like halfway up the stairs, complaining there are too many. The girl with her, you swear she sounds like Butter Nut, says, "Only eight more, Vee. C'mon, I'll help you."

Then VB replies, "I'm so hot, Butter. So hot. Gonna... get this off..." You hear the girl sigh lightly. Rinso snickers a bit.

A minute later, the walking resumes, and finally, a topless VB and Butter Nut come into view.

Here's Butter now, barely aged a day.
    Butter Nut

She helps VB towards a couch, "Hi Kiddo! Hi Rinso! VB is a little, uhm, a little drunk."

That gets Rinso up and moving. He walks over to pull VB up and carries her to the back room. Butter Nut is still standing there, holding VB's top.

What do you do?
  • "Not lie," I whisper, before Vee opens the door, "just... Omit, for a bit... This is delicate news. I want the time to be right..." I'd keep making my case, but I'm interrupted by Vee's drunken display of nudity in the stairwell.

I blush a little when I hear Butter's voice, but am quickly overcome with concern when I see Vee. I roll off Rinso, and stand to the side while he walks her to the back room. I look over to Butter, flush with embarrassment, "I'm so sorry Butter! What happened?"
  • edited November 2013
    Kiddo,

Butter Nut folds up VB's top and gently lays it on the coffee table. She stands up, smiling, "Don't be, Kiddo. I learned how to handle drunks when I worked at Pip's. Vee's easy peasy. The, ah, nudity was a little unexpected..." She glances back to see Rinso dutifully taking off Vee's shoe, gently unstrapping her leg to get her snuggled in.

"Oh, it was silly," Butter Nut says with a giggle, "VB came into Sprite's kitchen and wanted to talk about, you know, uhm, baking and stuff. We drank some wine, she drank some more."
  • I give Butter a dubious look, "Baking and stuff?" I'm glad Butter and Vee are getting along, and I don't mind her needing to talk to someone about our relationship problems if she has — Love ain't perfect, as Dad used to say — but I'd prefer she not get wasted every time that happens...

"She's uh... A bit of a light weight." I rub at my eyes, that are still a bit itchy from earlier, "you want some water, or something?" I walk over towards the pitcher, which is — coincidentally — where the pill Stitch gave me is sitting on the floor. I grab it, like I'm picking up some dirt, and pocket it.

I poor some water for Butter and me, and put it on the table, "I take it she had a bit of a rough night then? Is she alright?"
  • Kiddo,

Butter Nut giggles when you call Vb a light weight, because she's so tiny. She watches you head over to the pitcher and answers, "Some water would be sweet, Kiddo, thanks."

You put the water on the table and she takes a seat, then a sip, "It wasn't so rough until she passed buzzing to full on wasted. I thought I could keep an eye on that, guess I'm rusty. The only trouble was getting her home. There were some Libs who got a little, uhm, familiar. But really, VB was flirting with them, too. So don't get mad, ok? I walked VB home to make sure she stayed safe. The topless thing didn't happen until the stairs. Like I said, easy peasy."

She takes another drink. Rinso's getting a bucket for Vee, you know, just in case. Butter Nut asks, "She seemed really worried about you, Kiddo. Is... is everything alright?"
  • I drink some water and listen to Butter's story attentively. Oh Vee... Really? Hitting on the Libs again? I see Jonamac is probably going to be an ongoing fling with her... Great. I'm not sharing my bed with that handlebar mustache.

I finish a good fraction of the glass before putting it down, and at that point she's already asking about me... Is everything alright? "No... I've got some business that needs to be taken care of before next season, and I've heard some nasty info about Dad..." I take another drink, and sniffle, "but y'know... I think things are gunna be alright."
  • Kiddo,

Butter Nut's eyes widen, "What did you hear about Ollie? Is he in trouble?"
  • I swallow hard... Frak... I didn't tell Butter, did I? ... I guess I haven't really been spreading the news around town... I avert my gaze, and give her a sombre nod. "Word up North is he went to the Ascendant about a year ago to get treatment for lung cancer... After a few short errands in town tomorrow, I'm riding North to find him and Ma'."
  • Kiddo,

Butter Nut reaches over to lightly touch your arm, a sign of concern, a connection. "I've heard the doc at the Ascendant works wonder, Kiddo. I'm sure he'll be fine. And isn't it great to know where he went?" She offers an encouraging smile.
  • I smile back and nod, rubbing the back of her hand. "It's something... And I aim to find out just how good that doc is. With any luck, he'll be back home in no time."
  • edited November 2013
    "Good. I miss him. Your mom, too. They're great folks, Kiddo. And I know they'd be tickled to know you're out there looking for them." She puts a hand over yours, "It's good to know you've got loved ones."

She makes some idle chit chat with you for a bit, finishes her water. Rinso's done with VB probably, but he's staying in the back room, giving you and Butter Nut a chance to talk. Feels like Butter is about to leave when she asks softly, "Everything with VB is okay, right? With, uhm, whatever you three have going on? She's not in danger of getting kicked out or anything, is she?"
  • It's good to chat with Butter... Dad always loved her like a sister, and she really is one of the sweetest folks in all of Boomtown. "I'll be sure to let him know you miss him — I'm sure he misses you too!" The first folks out of Sector were real close like that... I'm surprised Dad left them behind at all, let alone me.

I shake my head when she asks if Vee's in any trouble of getting kicked out, "If Vee ever leaves this place, it'll be of her own choosing — and it'll be with me clinging to her leg for dear life, begging her not to leave. Things are just complicated for me right now..."

There's an almost serene look on my face as I smile and pat her hand, "but I think things are going to be alright, yeah?"
  • Kiddo,

Butter Nut searches your eyes for a bit before she nods. She's always had a way of reading people, and you're such an open person. You get the feeling she might know. Or maybe you're just paranoid. She smiles again, pats your hand, "You need any help with anything, you let know, Kiddo. You know I love you three. We Sector folk gotta stick together." She rises and heads for the stairs, "Good night, Rinso! Next time don't hide in the back, ok? And good night, VB, don't puke on the bed, silly head! Tomorrow we're doing pastries, so don't oversleep!"

She pauses at the stairs before going down, looks at you once more, like she wants to frame it. She smiles, then heads down the stairs.

What do you do?
  • I smile at Metro. "Aw, thank you." I say to both his compliments. I reach out a hand to take his. "I need to get to Kiddo's around dawn- wake me up in time?"
  • edited November 2013
    I smile back at Butter, trying to play it cool... But I mean, of all the people who could figure it out, Butter and Vee would be my first choices.

I walk back into the bedroom, to see what my lovebugs are up to... Specifically, I walk up to Vee and sit on the bed next to her. "How you doin' Hun?"
  • Stitch,

"Of course, Stitch." He takes your hand and holds it for a bit, enjoying the quiet moment. Then he helps you with your shirt, lays you down and begins steadily massaging you while you talk about knitting until you fall asleep. Alright, there were ear nibblings and he did cheat and do "not really" massaging. But generally, massage -> sleep.

Kiddo,

Vee is lying in the middle of the bed in just her silky white panties, on her side facing away from Rinso. Rinso is just looking over her, looks thankful that you're here. When you address her, she looks up, a little woozy, "I'm good, Kids. Love you, Kids." She reaches a hand up towards you, grabs your thigh when she misses your hand, "I don't got a list. I'm juss.. me. Vee an Bee."

She fades fast.
  • Next morning:

Stitch, Metro woke you up at the crack ass of dawn, enough time to bathe and drink some yummy coffee, your favorite flavor. What is it? You have enough time to head over to Kiddo's, up the stairs to find her on the couch with Rinso.

Kiddo,

You slept in the front room with Rinso, right? How does Stitch find you? Rinso's out. He played puke patrol last night when VB got sick, all six times. He's able to wake if you want him, too. He doesn't wanna.

What do you do?
  • edited November 2013
    I lean down and give her a kiss on the cheek, "I love you too Hon. Don't you worry... We're gunna get Rinny all sorted out, and everything's gunna be OK, alright?" I run my fingers through her hair, and whisper, "sleep tight, OK? I've got someone I've gotta meet in the morning, so I'm gunna sleep on the couch, but I'll keep the door open. You holler if you need anything, yeah?"

--- The Next Morning ---

I left the door unlocked for Stitch, and stayed up most of the night to make sure nobody unsavory walked in... I'd have likely woken up at the first sign of trouble even if I did nod off, but things worked out once Vee got it all out of her system.

It was a late night to say the least; between Vee's puking, and me getting up to pee like three times, I'm not gunna wake Rinny. He's earned his sleep... He really will make a great dad. Stitch finds me curled up on top of Rinny, my head resting on his chest. The morning sickness woke me from a nap not too long ago. I'm lying still, with my free hand resting on my tummy. I look up at her when she creaks the door open, and put a finger to my lip before beckoning her over.

"Hey," I whisper calmly, more tired than pained.
  • Metro made me hazelnut coffee, my favorite. He even put up with my early morning grumbling.

I enter Kiddo's front room and find her on Rinso. I smile and mouth 'Good morning'.
  • I look up to Rinso, who's still sleeping as far as I can tell, and carefully slip off him. I brush my hair as I refill my cup of water from last night, offering Stitch one too, then reach into my pocket and produce the pill. I offer it back to her, shaking my head. "It's like you said," I whisper, "everything will be OK."
  • I take the pill back and put it in my pocket, and nod. "It sure will." I whisper. "Metro and I are coming to the Ascendant, if you're still going."

Well, Metro is maybe coming as far as Armour, but whatever, we'll work out the details later. Right now, I am awed by Kiddo's courage. To raise a child here... I'm not sure that I'd have that courage. That kid is going to have one hell of a mom.
  • I smile back at her reassurance, and nod, "I'm going to talk to the girls about riding North later today... I want to get that done with sooner rather than later." I take a drink from my cup, and look back to Rinny on the couch for a second, then back to Stitch, "I don't know what your plans are or anything, but we've got some business down South after all this... Always stuff to do... Are you thinking of moving around with Metro?"
  • I smile. "He told Logitech he wasn't going to work on tower 4. He wants to stay with me, so I guess he's moving around with me?" A lopsided smiled flashes over my face.

I'm tempted to tell her his secret. He knows hers, after all. But I don't. It's not mine to tell.
  • Aww... That's so cute! She really feels for that guy, huh? ... Well she certainly seems to have her wits about her, so I can't exactly judge. "I guess if he's building a tower up there, then we could set up shop for a bit... Who knows... Maybe the doc at the Ascendant could use some of your superpowers!"
  • I smile. "Not superpowers, just training and experience." I tell her. "I would like to see that infirmary, though."
  • "Well," I say with a smile, "here's your chance! Are you guys good to go whenever?"
  • "Yep!" I reply.
  • --END SCENE--