[Junk XIII] Over Dinner (K 4-10)

edited November 2013 in Junkworld XIII
Kiddo,

Sometime later that day, after the steam bath and your vision, you ended up at Chedd's Party Tent. VB found you crying after that vision of Rinso and asked what was wrong. What did you tell her?

Amazon, Mirage and Mamba are sitting together chatting at a table. They've got several empty glasses on the table between them, but they look pretty laid back. Amazon sees you two and waves you over. VB looks up, "Wanna go sit with your girls, momma?"

Comments

• I told her that baby was taking the daily pound of flesh... I mean, I told her I was just crying over things I can't change, but I didn't want to get into specifics. Instead I opted to go for a walk with her, which is where we ran into the girls.

I wave over to then and nod to Vee – "yeah, sure." I walk over with Vee under my arm, "Hey girls... How's it going?"
  • Mirage answers, "Good, Kiddo. We were just chatting, sharing war stories, talking about fixing bikes, cute guys, the usual..."

"Wanna sit with us? Amazon asks, unusually politely. Mamba gives you a nod of greeting, she's not terribly chatty.

VB pulls you out a chair, then scoots one over from another table. Mirage stands up, "I'll get the next round. What're you two having?"

After a hitch, VB says, "Water's good." Mirage looks to you.
  • I consider briefly ordering a drink, just to throw them off the trail, but the thought of smelling that gasoline they serve here is sickening. "Water for me too. That steam earlier dried me out like a prune."

I pull up a chair, and sit with them. "so how are you girls getting along?"
  • edited December 2013
    Amazon holds up her shot glass of bronze liquid, then Mamba follows her, a thin little grin spreading on her wan face. Amazon looks to you, and says, "Flash, Kiddo.... alright, Mamba, go!" They throw the shot back at the same time, then make odd faces after swallowing, then dissolve into giggles. Yes, even Mamba.

Mamba asks, "You seen Svenja?"

Mirage comes back with drinks a moment later, doling them out, "Waters for the lovers," she says as she puts the glasses down in front of you.
  • edited November 2013
    I nod in thanks to Mirage, and shake my head when Mamba asks about Svenja, "nope. Not since last night anyway. What the frak did you girls do to her?"
  • Mirage plops in a chair by Amazon and they both chuckle. Amazon says, "Drek, Kiddo, more like what didn't we do to her! She was so trashed! She talked all this drek about how none of us could drink like her, dance like her, shoot like her, or fight like her..."

"Or frak like her," Mirage adds with a snicker. "She has this talking song about how flash she was, it was pretty funny."

Mamba says while pointing with shot glass, "She ate some humble pie last night. Chunky out-danced her, Star out-drank her, Mirage beat her in shooting and Whopper laid her out. She took it pretty well, but I think she's still hurting..."

Amazon throws in, "Hah! Zag tried to fix that. Kiss it all better..."

"Yeah, I think Zag wanted to out-frak her, but she was not HAVING it!" Mirage cuts in.

They all laugh and cut up about that.
  • Oh Svenja... That girl's been in humility classes since she frakking got here... I giggle to myself, and take a sip of my water. I'm pretty sure there are two girls that can out-frak her, if you ask Rinso...

... Frak, that was harsh...

I smirk, and gently rub Vee's back, "Zag's just in it for the fresh meat, I swear... And Svenja's pretty into men... Don't haze her, yeah? Regardless of how good a shot she is drunk, I'd like to keep her sharp sober. We should really get her a bike or something... You two too..." I point over to Mirage and Amazon.
  • Amazon furrows her brows, "Haze her? She was the one talking all that drek, we just showed her... the error of her ways, yeah?"

Mirage's eyes widen, "My lil Sammy IS a bike..."

"Your crap bike is slow and loud. It's a kid's bike, Mirage." Mamba says plainly, "You're a Candy now. You need some rumble with your thunder." She drains her shot and gives a tight grin. Mirage and Amazon don't exactly have a mind to fight that odd compliment.

A little bit later, Mirage asks, "So, Kiddo. How did you and VB get together?"

• These girls are going to be out cold before the sun sets at this rate... I'm not dignifying Amazon and Mirage's protestations with an answer, but I nod to Mamba's comment — I'm not so much about the showiness of it, but it is slow. I take another sip of water, and look over to Mirage when she asks about Vee and me — then I look to Vee, recollecting the specifics of how it is we "wound up" together.

"Years of friendship followed by a night of chocolate-induced ecstasy," I answer, grinning widely at Vee. I turn back to the girls, "and Rinso. Good times... Unless you mean how we met — like for the first time — in which case it was me waving goodbye to the scrubbers as they left for work one morning in Sector..."
  • Amazon says, "So wait, it really is like a three-way thing? For like all of you?"

VB giggles, "Yeah, pretty much. Don't get any ideas though, I've never been with another girl besides Kiddo."

Mirage grins, "What about Rinso? He your only boy?"

For a moment, VB just smirks, then, "No, he's not my only one. But he'll be the last one."

All of the girls go "Awww" for a moment.
  • edited November 2013
    I smirk and give Vee a kiss on the temple, "they're my little lovebugs..." I turn back to the group, "I've always been big on family and friends — It's nice to have folks you can rely on, yeah? What about you girls? Anyone special?"
  • edited November 2013
    Amazon and Mirage drink to family, but Mamba doesn't, like she shuts down a bit, looking away, off towards some of the townies chatting and drinking. It's early night, so partying hasn't really begun.

Mirage answers, "Kitty raised us with the others in a place pretty far away from most folks. She didn't really trust, you know, people. So we don't have nobody special."

Amazon pushes on her shoulder, "Well, *I* don't, but Mirage might've got somebody! Like last NIGHT!" Mirage's eyes widen, and she punches her arm.

Mirage explains, "That was just frakkin! He just scratched an itch, is all. No love, just a lil grindin!"

"I'll drink to that!" Amazon says, but Mamba's out of this game, still staring at the townies, about five young ones, out for some fun.
  • I'm watching Mamba as she stares off, and nudge her playfully. "No comment from the stoic badass of the group?"

OOC: Reading Mamba. Roll+Sharp.
    (Rolled: 2d6+2. Rolls: 1, 2. Total: 5)
  • Mamba turns her head, looks at you. She's got this numb look about her, like she's a world away. "I got nothing to say." She stands up, makes her way out of the tent, moving smooth, not running, but not saying bye or anything.

Amazon cuts in with, "Hey Kiddo! Star said you won Sixcup up at Armour. Zat true? Wanna play?"

VB says, "No! ... I mean, my girl's riding tomorrow, so I told her no drinking." She looks up at you, then back at the pair of them, "But I can kick your asses."

"Say what, light-weight?" Mirage exclaims, "Aint no frakkin way."

So it looks like they're gonna throw down Sixcup. What do you do?
  • Please no... I can barely keep my lunch down on a good day, let alone drink. Aren't you not supposed to drink with a baby?

... This is going to be a long frakking year...

I shake my head, "nobody's throwing down Sixcup. We're riding tomorrow, and I want everyone as sober as a Trench citizen on the new moon, yeah? You're all lucky I let you do shots."
  • edited November 2013
    Give me a Manipulate roll on this, with Mirage and Amazon's respect for you as leverage.
  • OOC: Manipulating the girls. roll+cool* (Easy to trust)
    (Rolled: 2d6+3. Rolls: 6, 1. Total: 10)
  • Amazon rolls her eyes, but she doesn't object. Mirage says, "I'll get you next time, light-weight."

"Promises, promises," VB says. Some more dancey tune starts flowing and the townies start moving to the dance floor. VB looks at you expectantly.
  • Well, I've never heard anything about dancing while pregnant, so... Dancing I can do.

I give her a peck on the head, and beckon the girls to join us — y'know, for fun.
  • They do. You realize that without their armor and guns that they look a little younger than you. The activity sobers them up pretty quickly, but then the townies are coming in, and the four of you are by far the hottest items around. Guys start circling around like shepherd dogs and you're sheep. Amazon and Mirage seem to enjoy the attention, but VB sticks by you.

What do you do?
  • I'm not looking to hook up with anyone here other than Vee — and frankly, I'm not looking forward to some guy's throbbing member prodding me while I dance either... I pull Vee in closer, and make a big show that this girl's mine — and mine alone.

I dunno when Vee'll have her fill, but I'm going to drag the girls back to the tent before it gets too late.
  • Of course, your big show only gets more looks from a few townies, but they don't frak with you. After a bit, you spot Starburst and Whopper coming in. They join you on the floor. Whopper headbutts a guy who gets too close.

You spot Chedd talking to a couple guys, they're probably going to ask her to leave.

What do you do?
  • Damn it... I sigh loudly, and give Vee a kiss on the forehead, "C'mon hon, let's go... The girls are too riled up." Where the frak is Spree? She said she'd keep a lid on this shit!

I make my way over to Whopper, and put a hand on her shoulder, "C'mon sweetie, we're done here."
  • You head over to Whopper and when you touch her, she spins around to you, eyes wild, like she might think you're a threat. But you just ask her to leave. Or rather, tell her she's done. She glares at you, "He grabbed my ass!"

Starburst tries to step in, touching Whopper's forearm, and she slaps it away, but she's still looking at you, Kiddo, "I'm not done here."

What do you do?
  • I narrow my eyes at her and don't move an inch, "did I ask you what he did, or whether you were done here? No. Get the frak outside, now."
  • Whopper's eyes get all wild and she cocks her head to the side, like she's not about to take your say-so. She steps in close, pushing her face into yours, "Or what?"
  • I'm still not budging, "Or I'll kick your skinny frakking ass is what."
  • OOC: Going Aggro on Whopper. Roll+Cool* (Ice Cold).
    (Rolled: 2d6+3. Rolls: 4, 5. Total: 12)
  • Whopper shifts her head side to side for a second, still glaring at you like she's about to headbutt you. Starburst moves up close beside like she's going to get in the way or something. Then Whopper laughs, and her face breaks into a huge grin.

"It is a SEXY skinny ass, you bitch!" She turns to Starburst and says, "She DOES have Candy blood in her! Ice cold! Frakkin ICE COLD! Alright, alright, I'll walk. Drek party anyways."

Are you leaving with her? Star looks like she'll walk her out, before Chedd's guys come over.
  • I pat Star on the forearm and whisper, "I'll join you in a minute."

Then I grab Vee and squeeze my way in the crowd over to Chedd. Regardless of whether he's busy or not, I inject myself into his conversation. "Sorry for the trouble — you've got a real problem with assholes that like to play grab-ass here, Chedd."
  • Chedd steps in close, puts a soft hand around your neck and leans in to talk to your ear, "I'm sorry, Kiddo. I swear I was just going to walk her out. It's the townies. They have no respect. It's my fault, honey. I'm real sorry. Want me to send you some food along or something? Please, let me make it up to you."
  • Frak, it's not like I'm shaking him down or something... I shake my head, and look over to the guy Whopper just headbutted, "you don't owe me shit, Chedd — but you owe it to yourself to kick assholes like him out. We don't come here to get felt up, sweetie, we come here to have fun and put some jingle in your pocket."

I bite my lip, and frown with disappointment, "I'll keep a closer eye on my girls, but assholes like that make it real hard to do — yeah?" I lean in and kiss him on the cheek, "I gotta go... Me and the girls are heading north to the Ascendant tomorrow."
  • Chedd looks at you with grateful eyes, "Oh Kiddo, you be safe, alright? You come back with your wonderful parents and you make sure you stay safe." He kisses your cheek and smiles, but the worry in his eyes for you, its palpable.
  • Yeah, well... It ain't like I'm not used to people being worried about me on the sidelines. I nod back with a tight little smile, and pat him on the shoulder as I turn to leave. "C'mon Hon," I whisper to Vee, "let's go get some shut eye."
  • VB slides into you and walks out with you. Amazon and Mirage are already packing it in, they follow you out. You don't find Starburst or Whopper outside, but Spree is on her way to the tent. She pulls up when she sees you, "Star said there was trouble? What happened! I told them to play it cool, boss."
  • What's that old expression? A day late and a dollar short? I hold a hand up to stop Spree, and shake my head. "Whopper headbutted some idiot that touched her ass on the dance floor — Chedd was going to kick her ass out, so I convinced her to leave before a Candy had to suffer the indignity of being thrown out over busting the nose of some frakking prick."

I brush some hair out of my face, and nod back towards the tent, "C'mon. We can frak the asshole up next time he thinks to do something stupid like that — Whop got her point across."
  • Spree smiles, "Yeah?" She walks backwards to keep up with you as you walk past, then turns to follow, "Well, good. We'll frak that boy up onna way back then!"
  • That's not what I said...

... Whatever. I'm too tired to care right now. "No rush, unless he's asking for it... C'mon sweetie. Sleep time."
  • --END SCENE--