[Junk XIII] Life, Love and... the rest? (P 6-1)

edited November 2013 in Junkworld XIII
Proper,

It's morning, or your version of it. What time do you normally wake up? Since most of your clientele work all day and spend time within your establishment in the off hours, I take it you're a night person?

Do you wake up alone? Is that normal?

What's your flat like? Are you in one of the container homes above-ground, with a nice view of the surroundings? Or do you have a larger, safer home in the underground half of Armour?

Comments

• I am the very definition of night owl- if the sun is up and I'm awake, I better be making jingle for it.

I push someone's arm off me- I seem to remember a woman last night... oh, and another man. I grin. That was fun. The man seems to have gone, but the girl is still here. What was her name? It doesn't come to me. I sit up and light a cigarette. Most days I wake up with people in my bed. Or with having had them in my bed- the smart ones leave early, I am not pleasant in the morning.

My flat is in the underground half of Armour- I was tempted by the view at the top, but practicality won out. Plus this one is bigger- enough room for my king size bed. The walls are covered in a variety of fabrics. Folding screens provide a place for my models to change, as well as hang their lovely dresses on. I have an office where I keep the things I use to design and create clothes. There is a vanity in my bedroom. No kitchen- I never eat at home.
  • The girl, her name is Tooheys, groans a little when you push her off. When you light up the cig, she stirs, pulling the blanket up over her thin body. She props herself up on her elbows and asks in a slightly chipper tone, "So Proper. How was my, uhm, audition? You think I can work for you?"
  • I quickly turn my sneer into a smile and look at her, blowing smoke right at her face. I consider her for a few moments.

"Your technique was a bit sloppy, but your repertoire was refreshing. And so... flexible." I tell her, smirking. "Unfortunately I'm full up on skinny girls right now. Gain some weight or bring something I haven't got to the table and then maybe I'll give you a job. Now piss off." I wave the cigarette towards the door.

The man, now he had potential. Took direction well and those tattoos were lovely. I take a drag on the cigarette.
  • Tooheys slides out from under the blanket and runs her fingers along your back, "What don't you have on the table, Proper? I can be flexible in lots of ways..." She starts fumbling for your cock, hoping to convince you of her worth.
  • I roll my eyes and sigh. They all want to work for me. Way back when I took pity on one and I lost a very good customer. Never again. Still...

"If you can get me off in five minutes, I'll consider it." I have a clock radio on my vanity. I put my hands behind my head and lay back. She won't be able to do it, but it may be entertaining to see her try.
  • Tooheys wastes almost half a minute giggling, then gawking at you, then trying to figure out what to do. She spends the rest of the time going to work on your cock, because, well, you're a guy. She's all licking and slobbering and she is eager, but inexperienced and sort of pitiful.

When she fails, as you predicted, what do you do?
  • I give her an 'I'm waiting' look without a hint of smile. I look over at the clock and watch the minutes go by, savoring my cigarette. As soon as her time is up I kick her off the bed. "You tried, love. Now PISS OFF." I start it with mock sympathy but end up flicking the butt of the cigarette at her.

I stay in the bed, stretching myself out.
  • Tooheys was on the verge of tears, but she keeps it together long enough to pick up her scant clothes off the floor, and the screen. The butt-flick, that gets her. She mumbles a curse and leaves, but leaves your door wide open.

What's outside your door, physically?
  • I smile at her cursing. Honestly, what do they expect? I run a very fine establishment and not every girl or boy can work for me.

Outside my door is a shored up dirt hallway. The underground level is not unlike an anthill. It started out more orderly, but whenever they need a new space they just dig out or deeper, so the newer flats like mine are a ways off from the main stairs. I specifically chose a flat that didn't have any next door neighbors so I could get as loud as I like.
  • Also outside your door is Dulux, the big thick guy who works the docks. He's busy watching Tooheys ass as she scampers away. He looks in, sees you and clears his throat. "Hey Proper, got a minute?"
  • I raise my head, see him and sigh. I was debating going back to sleep. I stand up and walk over to the door.

"I suppose." I answer.
  • edited November 2013
    Dulux does not look at your dick. No, seriously, he does NOT, that was just a glance, he wasn't "looking", not comparing or anything. He's still in his work clothes, coveralls and thick boots. The guy is strong, and he usually smells like he's been working. He takes a couple steps into the room, "So anyhow, I know your girls are for rent and all. What would it take to. Well, to buy one. Own her out and out?"
  • Of course he looked- I grin. I love when they brag about how much bigger theirs is- as if a big dick is all you need. My head cocks a bit to the side. Interesting. "Some aren't for sale. Others negotiable. Who did you have your eye on?" I answer.

It's not the first time I've been asked that question, nor the last, I'm sure. The problem with selling them is that then I have to find new talent. Also- I don't own all of them, per say. A rare few have earned out- those are the ones I wouldn't sell, anyway- too talented. If they get bored with working for me, or want to settle down in one place- sometimes an arrangement is reached.
  • Dulux doesn't bat an eye, "I want Velour. I've got an entire gas generator to trade for her, big enough to run your whole show." Now, a generator that size would be four jingle, maybe more. Sure, it isn't solar, but if it works...

What do you do?
  • Quite an offer for a girl with middling talent. Still, four jingle now is less than she'd earn me in a year, and selling her would mean auditions. My nose crinkles up at the thought of this morning's girl.

"The problem with gas generators, is that they need gas. Gas costs jingle." I say to him. "Tell you what. Point me at a girl who can take Velour's spot in my show, and then we'll have a deal."
  • Dulux sucks his teeth, looks back towards the hall Tooheys passed through, and says, "I take it she didn't make the cut... so. No?" He chuckles, "I mean, its slim pickings up north. The hot girls who were free ended up becoming Candies."
  • "No, she did not." I reply, frowning. I'm going to have to take my show on the road soon- the acts are getting old and folks here aren't as free with jingle. "The real Candies or the imitation ones around here?" I ask, genuinely curious.
  • Dulux's eyes widen, he answers with a question, "The imitation ones?" He shrugs, "I mean, I hear the real ones are all old and dried up and drek."
  • "They may be old, but they are mean old bitches. The ones around here just think they are." In truth the new Candies handle themselves alright, but I can't be seen to be admiring girls who don't work for me. "No deal then? Pity..."
  • Dulux frowns, "Well, how much petrol you need, man? Or is there anything else I can trade?"

Silk's standing in the doorway, like she just appeared there. She's on something, looks like. Has that little smile and a far-off look. She's enjoying this tete-a-tete.
  • The problem with naming a price is then people are sometimes willing to pay it, and I don't particularly want to sell Velour. In principal I wouldn't go in for that sort of thing- people owning other people- but in practice I do what I have to survive, just like everybody else around here.

"I need enough petrol to keep it running for six months, or another girl to take her spot. That's the deal." It's a terrible deal, but I have what he wants, so I've got the good cards. Either way, I come out on top.

I caress a hand on the side of Silk's face, eyeing her up and down.
  • Dulux stares at you for a bit, not angrily, probably hoping you might cave, ask for something less. But you don't. He heaves a frustrated sigh and says, "Alright. Well, not like you're going anywhere. I'll see what I can do." He turns and heds out, closing the door behind him. And yes, he is totally staring at Silk's ass.

Silk waits until the door closes and says, "I thought you'd play with him some more." She smooths her face against your hand, like a cat, closing her eyes and luxuriating in your touch.

"I'm out of glass, Proper," she says lightly. But its a heavy statement. She's burned through an entire shelf of the drug now, twice as fast as last time. And the only dealer, in Trench, he disappeared.

What do you do?

• I smile at her first comment. "Maybe I want to play with you?"

I frown when she tells me about the glass. It was a good incentive for her for a while, but now it's a problem. I grasp her chin in my hand and look at her eyes. She'll be no good to me if she starts coughing up blood- or dies.

"Well, dear, that is a problem." I say, not letting go of her chin. "I thought that last batch would keep you for longer. I'm fresh out."
  • Silk smiles a lazy smile when you hold her chin like that. "Its too early for Proper play, isn't it?" She brushes knuckles against your chest, "You're just... teasing me. I know your plays."
  • "It's never too early for Proper play..." I grin. Silk is one of my most-requested girls and not without reason.

I lead her by her chin and push her back on the bed. "You do?" I ask. "Go on then, beg." I tell her, sliding one knee up on the bed next to her.
  • Silk's smile is wide and when you push her back on the bed, she naturally falls into a seductive pose. Its easy to see why she's the top star in the show. She possesses an unnatural beauty, so much born, others enhanced through painful surgery and relentless exercise and practice. Lots and lots of practice.

She scoots herself back on the silky sheets to the very middle of your bed and looks up at you with half-lidded eyes. For a moment, she bites her bottom lip in mock hesitation, then says in a husky voice, "...pretty please...".

What do you do?
  • edited November 2013
    I slide my other leg up on the bed and slide on top of her, sliding one hand up her leg, pushing her dress up. Awfully handy that I don't have any pants to get rid of...

I pull one shoulder of her dress down and trail a line of kisses from her shoulder, along her collarbone towards her neck. I stop in the middle of her chest. "Oh, Silk, you're going to have to do better than that..." I whisper in between kisses, as I slide a hand in between her legs.
  • Silk is already breathing a little heavier with anticipation, falling into your trap, like she always does. She closes her eyes when you kiss her and moans a little. But then you ask her to do better and she looks down at you with a mock pout. She reaches a hand up to scruff your hair a little and says, "Please, Proper. I'll do anything for you, lover. Anything at all."

Will she? Has she? Is there anything she hasn't done for you, Proper?

What do you do?
  • She really will do anything for me. And has. I bury my face in her chest and remember the first time I fucked her- it was a spiritual experience.

Normally I'd toy around with her for a while, but whats-her-name's fumbling earlier left me annoyed and I get swept up with lust before I know it. Kissing, touching, rubbing. Very few people can rob me of speech, but Silk is one of them.
  • Afterwards, Silk is lying on top of you, her breath returning. She laughs, and rolls to your side, looking up with much more alert eyes, "Oh Proper. You are a magical man. Thank you. I get so bored with our customers, nobody can do what you do."
  • "Anytime, dear." I smile. "You bring it out of me." I lay there for a little while, enjoying this. She's not going to be happy when I tell her I'm out of glass.

I light up another cigarette and offer her a drag.
  • Silk takes a long drag, holds in the smoke while rolling onto her back, then blows out a single smoke ring. She's a girl of many talents. For a while, she makes idle talk with you about the performers, offering her notes and feedback for each of them. Is this something you use, or is she just being snide?

Then, she slides in, "Got any glass here, Proper?"
  • I use her feedback for the newer girls, but sometimes she says stuff about the ones nearer to her level just to cut them down. They say stuff about her, too.

"Nope. You cleaned me right out." I say, honestly. Alright, I take a little pleasure in it, too- I did tell her.
  • "Shit."

She sits up suddenly, looks down at you skeptically, "I thought that was just a play to get me into it... you're really out? Shit." She bends over to fetch her little dress, the only thing she was wearing, pulls it over her head in one smooth motion. "We picked that up at Trench, right? So, I'm picking a ferryman and heading over. I might be late for tonight's show. Give me an advance, alright?" She's standing up now, moving like she has a purpose.

What do you do?
  • "Silk. Take a breath." I stand up, too. "Trojan left Trench. I don't know where he went." I sure as hell am not going to give her an advance.

OOC: Read Silk incoming.
  • OOC: Read Silk. Roll+sharp.
    (Rolled: 2d6+1. Rolls: 5, 3. Total: 9)
  • OOC: How can I get Silk to chill and let me get her more glass?
  • Silk quirks a frown, which is sort of glamorous on her, then exhales loudly through her nose, "Prop, baby, my head's going to start buzzing soon from DTs. I'll be a sobbing wreck tomorrow, and worse the day after. You know this is how it goes, right? Are you sure Tro-Tro's gone? Gods, he was easy pickings."

She calms a bit, then looks at you directly, "Tell me what you want me to do, Proper. I mean, it's both our jingle if I go off the deep end. I thought I had a back-up, but well, it's gone. So, I am fucked."
  • "A back up?" The corner of my mouth quirks up- smart girl. She's learning my tricks. "Alright. I will ask around- but you gotta slow down, Silk. That last stuff was supposed to keep you for a couple weeks."

OOC: Fingers in every pie incoming.
  • OOC: Fingers in every pie. Roll+hot. +1xp rolling highlighted.
    (Rolled: 2d6+2. Rolls: 5, 2. Total: 9)
  • Sure, Trojan is gone, but glass isn't the only fun to be had. Skinny little Satin is happy to donate her Glitter for "Project Silk", especially is Silk will finally deign to work with her.
  • "Alright." I say to Silk after heading up to talk to some of the girls. "I don't have glass, but Satin has some glitter you can have if you'll do a routine with her." There's no way to say that gently. I'm more nervous than I care to admit that it won't be enough for Silk.
  • Silk waited around in your place. Actually, she took a nap on your bed. She claims its softer. She looks up at you from the bed, "You want to sully my rep with her, that's your call."
  • "Dear." I say, sitting down on the edge of the bed. "Your reputation couldn't be sullied by the amateur I auditioned last night. You are a goddess."
  • Yeah, let's see a Manip on that. Its a good line. I want to see the dice decide if she's heard it before.
  • OOC: Manipulate Silk. Roll+hot. +1xp rolling highlighted.
    (Rolled: 2d6+2. Rolls: 6, 1. Total: 9)
  • Silk preens at the compliment, then says, "That amateur? You mean Tooheys? Tell you what. You bring her on, to be my assistant, and I'll do the bit with fucking Satin. I want someone to be my little servant. Will you buy me her?"
  • Anyone else but Silk I'd tell her to fuck herself. But for her... "Fine. But I'm not paying her wages. Lessons from you will be payment enough for her, and she'll like it- if she knows what's good for her." I say, slightly exasperated. The things I do for these girls...
  • Silk sits up, "Excellent. I knew you'd see it my way. And check this out - when Tooheys is a better dancer than Velour, you can sell her off, right? Right." She smiles while rising, then saunters out.

What do you do on a normal afternoon-day type thing, before the show starts up?
  • "If anyone could do it, you could." I tell her.

I finalize the show list for tonight- sometimes acts cancel last minute, especially if I can get better jingle for a girl to work for a private client. There's always work to do, though I make it a point not to rush around.
  • Old El Paso has put in a request for a private show with one of yours. Who is his favorite?

Tulle broke a tooth on a twist cap bottle, she wants to go to the clinic in Trench.

Velvet is upset about a routine he's working on that isn't coming out right.

Chiffon is still pissed about Velour upstaging him.

Oh yeah, you need to break the good news to Tooheys.

What do you want to deal with first?
  • El Paso's favorite is Satin- he can have her for the night for a jingle.

Tulle's gonna have to wait- she shouldn't have been trying to chew the damn cap off.

Velvet is gonna take some more time, though the sooner he gets that act done the better.

Chiffon... good for Velour.

I grind my teeth and yank on a pair of pants. I guess I'll to talk to Tooheys first- don't want to keep Silk waiting.
  • You find Tooheys sitting on top of a third level container. She's watching the big crane as it moves around a few containers, the slow sweep of the cable as it moves them to and fro.

This is Tooheys
    Tooheys

There is a ladder leading up to this container, like a lookout. It's bright outside, almost noon. You're up way too early. Tooheys is scribbling with a nubbin of a pencil on a yellowed pad of papers, she hasn't noticed you yet. The wind is gently picking up her hair from time to time, a gentle breeze that cuts the heat.

What do you do?
  • This is why I live underground. No damn sun. I grimace. I hope Silk appreciates this.

"Hey, girlie." I call up to her. "It's your lucky day."
  • Tooheys jumps for a second, the pencil drops out of her hand, bounces once on the container and falls, end over end to the scrub below. She watches it fall, marking where it lands in her head. A heavy sigh escapes her, the kind of do-I-really-have-to-deal-with-this-again sigh, and turns her head to you.

"What is it, Proper?" She asks the question in a dragged out tone of just, this is the worst day ever variety.
  • I smile a bit. Now that she doesn't want anything from me, I get to see the real her. I wish I would have seen this before- it makes her more interesting.

"You know my girl, Silk?" I ask her. "She wants you as an assistant." I don't want her getting her hopes up that I'm offering her a spot in my show, so I just lay it out as plain as possible.
  • She tilts her head sideways, sort of confounded. That's not what she expected to hear. The wind picks up, her dry hair does a dance in the wind. She brushes some of it over her ear, out of her face.

In a slightly curious tone, she asks, "What does that mean?"
  • "Mostly you'd do what she tells you to." I answer. "Work on costumes and makeup. Run around for her. Help out on shows." Generally be the thing she can shove into the other performer's faces. And keep her sober enough- that'd be aces.

"I wouldn't be paying you, but you'd be learning from the best I got. You may even be eligible for a promotion when the time comes."
  • She listens, still trying to piece it together, eyes narrowed. She turns around now, sitting cross-legged, hair flitting in front of her face. She spits out some to rattle off questions, "Do I get food? A place to sleep? What kind of promotion?"
  • I roll my eyes. Any aspiring dancer or entertainer should be drooling at the chance to follow Silk around- the things she could pick up! Having to spell it out is making me rethink my decision.

"Yes to food and a bed." I answer her. "If you learn from her I may just change my mind and hire you on as a performer." What the frak? Am I not speaking clearly?
  • She licks her lips to speak, then just nods. Tooheys rolls up to her knees, then stands, and walks back towards you, her papers clutched to her chest. "Silk is the slant-eyed one, right? The one who used to be a boy?"
  • I smirk. That seems to be a popular rumor- not that I use it to my advantage or anything. "She's my best performer."
  • Tooheys starts climbing back inside, making sure she doesn't brush against you, "Do I need to frak her? Or, uhm, audition or whatever?" Her tone says she's not terribly interested in that.
  • She doesn't know what she's missing. "No. She asked for you. Let's go see her and get you set up with a bed and drek." I say. The sooner that's done, then I can deal with the rest.
  • Tooheys falls in behind you. You lead her to Silk's place. Does she have a single residence? How have you been able to set up your big star?
  • I have Touch o Gold to thank for that. Well, I still owe him if I'm being truthful. He got my crew set up in a couple containers- Silk, Satin and Velour share one and Tulle, Velvet and Chiffon share the other. There should be enough room for Tooheys. Gotta get that girl a better name, too.
  • Silk coos over her new project, and Velour rolls her eyes while Satin plays nice.

Velour laughs about making Chiffon look like a dumbass, then asks, "Proper, can we talk? Privately?"
  • "Yeah." I answer her. "Back at my place ok?"
  • Velour nods, and she doesn't think you see her smirk back at Silk and Satin, a little cat got the canary look on her face. Do they all make a thing out of taking up your attention like this, or is this a recent deal?

She follows you quietly until you reach your room. She walks in behind you, finding a spot by the vanity and leaning against a very soft fabric hung on the wall. "Dulux wants to buy me. Did he ask already?" The words come out stilted. Not hopeful. A little pensive.
  • They didn't used to be so competitive- I'm not sure what it's about. Not that I mind the attention...

"Yes. He made an offer, but I didn't like it." I answer her. "Were you hoping I would make the deal?"

I work to cultivate the appearance of a standoffish asshole, but I won't sell a girl into a situation she doesn't want to be in. I'm not a monster. I stare at her, looking for her reaction.

OOC: Read Velour incoming.
  • OOC: Read Velour. Roll+sharp.
    (Rolled: 2d6+1. Rolls: 5, 1. Total: 7)
  • Velour responds instead with a question, "Am I on the market?" Her posture is as neutral as she can make it, but her tone is still pensive.
  • OOC: What is she really feeling?
  • edited November 2013
    Velour is worried. If she's on the market, then she'd rather go with a man like Dulux that she can manipulate. She doesn't want to BE on the market, she doesn't know what she did wrong, she thought she was right behind Silk. It's why she keeps harping on how she topped Chiffon. She wants to stay, but she doesn't think that is up to her.

TL:DR she's worried she's on the outs.
  • "No, dear, you're not." I say, not breaking eye contact. "Although most of my crew is always on the market for the right price." I smile.

"You're worth more here, though he offered me a gas generator for you." I tell her.
  • "Oh..." she says, a little smile flickers on her lips, then is gone. "That's not so bad." She pushes herself off the wall covering and saunters up closer, still keeping eye contact. Once she's close enough, she rubs her hands on your chest for a moment, "Proper, am I doing a good job? Are you happy with me? Is there anything you want me... to be doing? That I'm... not?"

What do you do?
  • This is... odd. It's one thing for a girl to want to make sure her spot is safe, but today I feel like territory that's being marked. Repeatedly. Not that I mind... I rub the whiskers on my jaw, looking her up and down.

"You need to make your act showier. Clients don't pay for subtlety." I tell her, twirling one of her dreads between my fingers. "Hell, maybe do a show with Chiffon." That thought has promise. Clients come to the show to get a taste before they pick a performer, or because they can't afford the private rates. If those two did an act together, they might get booked privately together.
  • Velour gives you her patented crooked smile, which she only does on stage, or when she's really interested in something. "You know... that's a really good idea." She lightly scratches the point of your chest at the top of your breastbone with the edge of her nail, "I could do a number where I tease the hell out of him! That would be flash, right?"

She slides away from you into a turn and works into one of her routines, but keeps looking at you, beckoning you to come to her. It looks like she wants to play this out with you now.

What do you do?
  • The numbers for the show are all tease- I save the rest for the private clients. "Or he, you." I suggest. We could alternate, even- get them coming back to see both versions. The jingle wheels spin in my head.

I'll play along for a while, but I'm no performer and I'm certainly not going to stand for her doing all the teasing- I get some of my own in, getting her to gasp a few times. I smirk.
  • You realize after a bit that she's playing for time, and just trying to tease you while also working out the number in her head. How intimate are the two of you, I'm curious?

And this whole selling one of your girls thing, are they slaves? What do they get out of "being sold"?
  • We've screwed- I audition everyone in my show. Since then it's happened a few times, but mostly when she doesn't get booked by private clients and she's lonely.

They aren't slaves, but I do require them to earn out before they can leave without paying back what I've invested in them. When I do sell one who hasn't earned out, it's mostly because they are tired of performing or have developed feelings for someone. Maybe they want to settle down somewhere. I don't really care- it's just business. Once I sold one who turned out to be a breeder- that was an unpleasant surprise for me.
  • Unpleasant how? Do you get more for breeders?

Or was she already carrying someone?
  • My clients expect to not have to concern themselves about breeding- they have other thoughts on their minds. Someone expressed interest in the girl and she was amenable, but I ended up taking a loss because she was pregnant. Some clients are into pregnant women and in those situations I contract outside my crew.
  • Wait, is this Felt were talking about?

What ended up happening to her? Who's kid was it, do you know? How long ago was that?

Are there any other breeders in your crew that you know of? Are you one?

Oh and by the way, how long are you going to let Velour string you along before you shuffle her out the door or frak her?
  • Yep, Felt's the one. Like I said- some girl wanted her, and Felt was amenable, so we did the deal. That was a couple years ago. It might have been a client's kid- hell, even mine. I don't care- as far as I'm concerned it's Felt's kid and that's that.

I might be a breeder, but you can be certain that none of my crew are. I make sure of that.

I let Velour work out her routine, but I still got shit to do, yeah? After she seems like she's getting a handle on it, I give her the option. "I'll frak you if you want, otherwise I got drek to do."
  • Velour makes a "wtf" face and says, "No baby, I'm fine." She brushes up against you while heading for the door, "Besides... I still smell Silk on you. Real nasty, you oughta freshen up. Thanks for the tip on the dance, I'm sure we'll knock 'em dead." She leaves.

What do you do?
  • I raise an eyebrow at her comment, but don't say anything. She's not even one tenth the lay Silk is.

I go about the rest of my list- what was it again? Why don't I have my own frakking assistant?!?
  • Well, Chiffon might need some attention.

You find him in his room, Tulle moaning on the bed about her tooth. Velvet isn't here. He's sitting on the floor, diligently polishing his buttons to a silvery finish. He looks up when you come in. "Hi Proper. You're up early." He gives you a friendly nod, then gets back to rubbing the buckle on his big black belt, "You need anything?"
  • "Nah- came to see if you needed something." I tell him. "I know the act wasn't shaping up how you wanted it to."
  • Chiffon shrugs, "Not really, Proper. I think I bit off more than I could chew." He looks over to see if Tulle is paying attention, sees she's busy complaining. He explains, "I broke down all of the dance into pieces, I can do all of it, I can. It's just... when it is all together, I lose my footing, or I drop posture or miss a step."

He goes back to polishing, "I should just go back to some bump and grind and stop worrying about it. I know."
  • I think he's being too hard on himself, but it's always good to push them to be better. "Was just talking to Velour about the two of you doin' an act together." I say

OOC: Read Chiffon incoming.
  • OOC: Read Chiffon. Roll+sharp.
    (Rolled: 2d6+1. Rolls: 4, 1. Total: 6)
  • Chiffon looks up, hurt in his eyes, "Really? I... I guess. I mean, if you think it's good for the show."

Tulle continues to whine piteously. Chiffon rolls his eyes, then spits a little on his buckle, continues to polish it. Finally fed up with being ignored, Tulle sits up and comes over to you, "Damn, Pwopeh, I gotta fiss my toof! Ih hurss like a summabich! Take me to Twench!" Her eyes look angry and miserable.

What do you do?
  • edited November 2013
    Anger flashes in my eyes. It's her own damn fault she broke that tooth and she should know better than to tell me what to do.

"I do think it'll be good for the show, but it'll also give you a chance to shine- you're a better performer than her." It's the truth, too. He has to work harder since he doesn't have tits to shake, but at least he gives a shit.

"Tulle I will deal with your broken frakking tooth in a minute, I'm talking to Chiffon at this moment." I rub the bridge of my nose and let frustration seep into my tone.
  • Chiffon nods, not even hearing the compliment in your statement. He looks up at you again when you talk to Tulle.

Tulle whines again and literally stomps her foot, then winces when the move jars her mouth and groans in pain, holding her cheek.. Chiffon says, "Proper, do you mind if I take her to the clinic in Trench? She's not going to give up. I should be back in time for the show."

What do you do?
  • I look over at her and narrow my eyes, wanting nothing more than to slap her. If Chiffon wasn't here, I might do it, too. But I'm trying to build him up a bit and hitting Tulle isn't gonna help that.

"Fine, but for you, not her. Since you asked nice." I tell Chiffon. "If you aren't back in time it's getting added to your tab." Meaning it'll take him that much longer to earn out.
  • edited November 2013
    Chiffon nods, "Got it."

Tulle laughs once, happy, smiles, then grimaces again, "Fanks, Pwopeh. Be back foon."

You catch a moment, when Tulle is looking at you grateful eyes, that Chiffon glares up at her. It's one of those shooting-daggers looks, like he really resents doing this. He puts away his buckle and buttons and gets up. He's probably getting a ferryman.

What's your take on this? Is Chiffon a person who does nice things to keep the peace? Or does he have some kind of angle? Or owe Tulle? Or is it something else?
  • Well that is... interesting. I don't blame him for wanting to shut her up- I would have sent her myself if she'd have been nicer about it instead of throwing a frakking tantrum.

I wonder what angle he's working. Maybe he owes Tulle, though it's not like him to owe anyone anything. Other than me, of course. I tuck that little kernel in the back of my brain- until it affects business it's not going to bother me.
  • Chiffon leaves with Tulle pretty quickly. Velour was about to come in to talk to him, but he tells her he knows, that they'll work it out when he returns. Velour shrugs, then heads back to her room, leaving you alone.

How often are you completely alone, Proper?

What do you do?
  • It's not often. Normally I wouldn't have gotten up so early, so going through my list of drek to do would keep me busy until nearly show time.

I could go hunt down the guy from last night- he really did outshine Tooheys. Instead I may just wander around Armour. Maybe somebody heard something about Trojan. Silk's not gonna be happy with that glitter for long.

I end up heading back to my flat for a shower and coffee.