[DVFP] Tracks (J 5.2, S 5.1)

2»

Comments

• photo JuneWeaver.png

Once I'm left to my own devices, I'll be checkin' in on Kikilala and doin' maintenance for them. Perhaps they've come up with some data on Gloriana's relationship to Parcher - that would be profitable. I'll let Roth and Bee Bee know where I'm goin' and that I should only be an hour or two.

It'll be a fight with myself to not sort components and dive into the work I'd originally had planned for today. Not that this turn of events won't be a benefit overall. I can't waste much time plannin' ahead, not knowin' what I'll see. At most, more questions.
  • I ask Reese to wait outside with Horse as I add the dress to my things, and we check on Fleece's equipment - making sure it's all ready to move.

As soon as the door is closed I fold myself into her arms. I bring my head to her shoulder, whispering as low as I can, "You are coming with me, aren't you, Ooma?"

"Coming with you? To carry your things, of course, Ooma." Fleece answers without hesitation. Then, she catches your meaning, and she turns to kiss you. "I'm unsure. I could help people in Depot. Esco wants to help me set up a clinic. In the palace, I'll just keep his guards healthy. I don't even know if we would have time together. I don't entirely trust this deal, even if I know it's the best you can hope for right now with her after you."
  • edited March 2017
    I kiss back, desperate. "I'm not the one she's after." I stop and listen to her. Listen to it all, and there is one piece that I can't fit. "Esco. I'm sure... you don't want to be away from him, Ooma. But, you said..." I nuzzle her neck, licking over her pulse point, "you'd be a fool not to take an offer that kept you safe."
    June,
    "Weaver." Kikilala greets you when you come near the rig. You feel their connection strongly as you enter. "Courier Juice was a high profile data miner for twenty six years before he was arrested for cyber-terrorism and incarcerated in Death Valley Free Prison. His augmented brain implements were de-coupled during the transition process, but eighteen months ago he rebuilt them with recovered technology from three of Parcher's subjects. He ferried data for contacts in both Bordertowns, Cyberville, and Depot."

After a brief pause, they continue, "Parcher hid any agreement with Gloriana from sensors, but data suggests she was employing his services with a period of time that coincides with her official tenure as sub-warden. One of his more recent projects was to alter The Feed itself, this was a deliverable to Gloriana."
    Sierra, let's see you Manipulate (or Seduce?) Fleece to move to the palace with you.
  • edited March 2017
    okay, let's do this...

(Rolled: 2d6+3. Rolls: 3, 6. Total: 12)

Fleece shudders a little when you nuzzle into her, and her resolve melts away. "No, you're right. I would be a fool. It wouldn't be the first time." She laughs at herself. Her posture shifts, and she presses her body against you. "I want to be there for you, Ooma." She kisses you again, "You are very precious to me."
  • edited March 2017
    I moan into her mouth, granting her access, slipping my tongue along hers. Fleece's words making my pulse quicken. I love you rests waiting to fly off the tip of my tongue, but I hold back. The Palace will be safer for such declarations.

Still, now that I've thought it, I can't unthink it. "What about Esco? Would you like him to visit you at the palace?" I smooth her hair over one shoulder, running my fingers down her spine. My eyes not quite meeting hers.
  • photo JuneWeaver.png

Phew, it's like a weight, the Feed-enhanced attentions of two people livin' as one, directed at me in this space. "Juice must have led a very interesting life. Wish I'd had a chance to talk with him about it in more detail.." Twenty six years..I couldn't say if I knew him or of him on the outside. For all I know he was one of the people whose emails and bits of publishing quietly dried up while the world ground forward.

"Hmm, altering the Feed itself? Disturbing." The timeline of their working together fits with the amount of production visible at Cyberville, at least. "How far along was he?"

Fleece preens a bit as you smooth her hair and hums lightly until you ask about Esco. She considers for a moment, then answers, "I... I'm sure he'll make his way into the good graces of The Fat Man on his own. I'll visit him at The Pit once we're settled." She finally breaks away to signal it's time to move on. "I look forward to seeing your new digs, Ooma."
    June,
    "Progress was considerable. Demonstration video remnants on the archived servers accessed proved the concept to be valid with removal of individuals from short bursts of live Feed access. An effective black hole around them."
  • photo JuneWeaver.png

Remote suppression or identity-editing of the livin' Feed. That's some spook-level bullshite right there. Gloriana wants to visit in the flesh. Or do something kwong-juh duh on the outside. Or, hell, why not both?

I can picture how I would do it, the process forms a skeleton in my mind. It would need flesh, and testin', but it makes sense. Hrm, it's a damn mistake that I didn't strip Parcher for more modules. I took what I thought might be broadcastin', and might be useful for restorin' people. Not what I thought might contain data. A hurried mistake. Still worth a look.

I get those parts separated out and tinker with them. Huntin' for code.

"Hmm, without access to his code banks, I'd have to either shoot the moon, programming-wise, or capture a usage recording in order to build a countermeasure. But worth tryin'. Fine work, Kikilala. Consider your rent paid. Anythin' you need from me besides a little root maintenance?"

I may have to pay a visit to Bordertown and see what I can see there, people who might have worked with Juice..people who might need my services.
  • I shudder at the thought of her open and available at the pit, but even I can tell that she isn't being transparent, there is something with Esco she is working through.

That's, fair. But still, I don't want her taking any unnecessary risks, if she doesn't have too. I breathe out, regaining composure, unwilling to have this discussion here. "You have an open invitation to visit, Ooma." I say, moving away, but trailing my fingertips down her arm, "Hopefully, frequently and often."

And hopefully tonight. i want to talk to her about... everything."Let's go,"
    June,
    Pleasant feelings seep through the Feed at your compliment and comment about the rent. "Itemized repair list sending now." The list is routine. "Further communication with the cybernetic individual Bee Bee would be mutually beneficial." You notice that a small sprout has grown up between Kiki's left foot, a green shoot of a plant that you recognize.

Sierra,
    Fleece sighs when you stroke her arm, and laughs lightly at the "frequently and often" hope. She shares that hope.

End Scene