Mnemosyne, the Architect
Nem is a clearly femme woman, sleek bodied, who favors flashy display wear, club chic, neo goth and cybergoth,unless she's on a job that requires otherwise. Despite her striking face, her eyes are always alive with calculation. Though it's not always obvious at first glance with, Nem is asian.
When you enter any digital environment you may frame the scene. Choose three things that will bleed over into the digital environment from your mind (often without your knowledge):
- A jilted lover who knew me better than most (Sarah)
- My mother, Kazuko, as I remember her
- The manifestation of my fear
When you roll any move that says roll+cyberbrain, your modifier is always at least +1. Your brain is encased in technology far more advanced than a neurochip. What else is true of it? (Choose 1):
* It is sentient. When you Probe, you may spend a hold in order to ask, “What do you think about this person?”
When you remake parts of the digital environment as you see t, describe what you take from the digital world and what it becomes, then roll+cyberbrain.
- On a 10+, you do it and all 3.
- On a 7–9, you do it but you may only choose 1.
- You do not suffer feedback.
- The change is not noticed.
- Your subconscious stays repressed.
When you host a digital lobby, roll+cyberbrain. By default, the effect will last only as long as you maintain it, will only able to house two minds, will have an unsecure, open connection protocol, and will appear basic and without detail. On a 10+, choose 2. On a 7–9, choose 1:
- It will persist (for a while) without you actively maintaining it.
- It is highly detailed and expansive.
- It has no cap on its population.
- Its connection is secure from intruders.
When the Architect shares a moment of intimacy with someone, be it physical or emotional, roll without adding a state. On a hit, all is well. On a miss, they are added to your subconscious as a named NPC. The MC will ask you questions about your perception of them; answer truthfully.
* 2 cred
* Fashion suitable to my look
* Kinetic Pistol (2 harm, close, quiet, discreet)
[Detail: I owe giri for them. It was part of an identity switch after betraying my former organization.]Eye (3 tags):
Amplification, Recording, Multi-SpectrumEar (3 tags):
Amplification, Recording, InterceptingArm (1 tag):
Storage.Leg (1 tag):
[options].Interface (1 tag):
[options].Chest (1 tag):
- If someone else keeps a secret about your subconscious from you for your benefit, they have 1 Giri on you. [Jasper]
- If you’ve used your Cyberbrain to change something in the digital ream in order to protect someone else, you have 1 Giri on them. [Rostam]
- If you have been hurt manipulating the digital space in order to aid someone else in a life and death situation, you have 1 Giri on them [Not taken]
[Detail: Create three Beliefs. If a Belief is tested this session, mark 1 XP at the end of the session. If a Belief gets you into trouble this session, mark 2 XP at the end of the session. If a Belief is erased and resolved or changed after being tested, mark 3 XP.]
- Love is a sometimes pleasant illusion of sleeve chemistry, not real or lasting. It should be enjoyed and abandoned less it become addictive.
- I am the same person no matter the sleeve or lack of it.
- Knowledge is strength, emotion is weakness
Nem is a data rat and information broker. She keeps tabs on all kinds of things and acquires and sells information.
[Detail: When you attempt something that benefits you and fail or when you gain XP from beliefs mark each box per 1XP you accrue. Grab the advancement list from your playbook.]
Tao: 1 - I keep a secret regarding why they enforce Giri, and have told no one.
Rostam: 1 - I saved him from a trumped up Giri charge because he has no neurochip.
Havana: 1 - I've used my cyberbrain to change something in the veil to protect Havana's anonymity.
Let's see those beliefs...
- Love is a sometimes pleasant illusion of sleeve chemistry, not real or lasting. It should be enjoyed and abandoned less it become addictive. BIG Ol' CHECK for tested.
- I am the same person no matter the sleeve or lack of it. didn't really come up.
- Knowledge is strength, emotion is weakness Definitely check on the tested front.
2 XP? Other thoughts?
Start of Session moves:
Roll 'em if you've got 'em.