[Junk XIII] Arriving to Ascend (P 6-2)

edited November 2013 in Junkworld XIII
Proper,

It's a warm sunny day when your crew arrives in the spacious Bay of the Ascendant. Trojan is here, he comes out to greet and hug most of your girls. A big guy named Whiskas introduces himself to you, says he runs the Bay. He tells you that Bacardi wants to help you get set up here at the Ascendant, that you should bring a couple entertainers to a part at Chef's tonight to start out, that he'll talk business with you there.

The Bay has tent housing, they will make room for you and yours for a pittance. But it is crowded with traders and new arrivals. Might be dangerous.

What do you do?

Comments

• Man, I am glad to see Trojan. I shake his hand and tip my head over toward Silk. I'm sure he understood I want to buy glass for Silk.

I'm more than happy to bring my crew to a party- what better way to introduce people to the show? I shake Whiskas' hand.

Tents?!? That's... not going to work for me for more than a night. Who knows what sort of people are here? Could be cult-folk who have things to say about what I and mine do... I miss my flat and my giant bed. I take a sip of whiskey from my flask. I act like tents will be fine, but will be talking to someone at Chef's tonight directly.
  • edited November 2013
    Trojan shakes your hand and grins, then heads over to Silk and they talk for a bit. They disappear together. Tooheys comes along, too. Then Satin sees them going, and follows.

Let's skip to Chef's. Who did you bring along with you as arm candy? Who is entertaining and what do you have planned?

Here's Barilla's layout:
    Barilla's

The place is full when you arrive, but a table clears up quick. Bacardi takes a seat, he's got one of his associates, a man named Braun:
    Braun

What do you do?
  • I brought Tulle and Satin with me. I want to make sure Silk has a special debut on the Ascendant so I won't have her walking around with me at Chef's.

There's someone playing the guitar, but it's kind of folky and not to my taste. I'm hoping the people here can support my establishment- if they're all prude I'm up shit creek.

I stand up and shake Bacardi's hand. "I'm Proper. Nice to meet you." I say. I'll shake Braun's hand, too, if he seems up for it. "This is Satin and Tulle."
  • Bacardi gives you a warm handshake, he has a cruel smile, though. Braun doesn't seem up for it, he's busy staring at your girls.

Satin does her "special" handshake where she moves into the guy's hand so he ends up touching her a bit. Bacardi doesn't jerk away, which is a good sign, right?

Tulle just stares at Braun, those intense nostrils flaring thing she does to fix a man in his tracks. Braun doesn't seem intimidated, but he seems to like it.

Bacardi calls back to the woman in dreads by the bar, "Barilla, baby, bring a good bottle of wine and join us!" Bacardi sits beside you, leaving an empty sea

Barilla disappears to the back, then comes out with a wine and a bunch of glasses. She's a born server, giving everyone a glass before taking a seat.

Bacardi says, "Proper, I hear you want to set up shop. Tell us what you're interested in."
  • It is a good sign. We didn't get very many disapproving looks in the bay, so I'm hoping this place will be home for a while.

I'm glad I brought Tulle- she seemed like the right choice for the place.

"My crew does shows every two or three nights- bigger deals once a month or so, to help folk celebrate holidays and such. I also offer private engagements, if you take my meaning. Seems like you've got a great place here- it'd be flash if we could set up something that would benefit us both." I give him my best salesman smile, which I know he'll see right through.

I look around the place, noting the clientele and people he's got working for him.
  • As you explain, Bacardi takes a sip of his wine. Tulle is busy distracting Braun. She's sitting on his lap now, whispering in his ear. Satin is on your other side, she's watching both Bacardi and Barilla demurely. Barilla is trying to play it off, but it seems to bother her, Satin watching her.

"Here's what I propose, Proper," Bacardi begins his pitch, "And this is between you and me, so don't speak of it to others. For the first month, we feel each other out. You do shows and a once-a-month big deal. Barilla and I look at how much you increase our traffic. If we can find it to be mutually beneficial, then you work your gigs out of here with no overhead." He grins like this is a good offer.

What do you do?
  • I think that is a very good deal. Maybe too good. "How magnanimous." I reply. What? I can drag out the big words when I want to. "What will this very generous offer cost me for the first month?"

The way I had been running things in Trench- we did shows in a bunch of different places- each night a new location. To get in you had to know the password, only each regular knew their own passwords, so they basically had to vouch for anyone they invited. We changed the passwords every few days. Worked pretty well. Certainly saved me on security costs. If I set up here I'm going to have to hire muscle- another expense. My pockets haven't felt so light in years.
  • "For the first month, nothing." Bacardi answers simply. "You work out of Chef's exclusively, no side jobs. That way we create a hunger for this place, so to speak."

"And," Braun adds, like he's been listening more than he let on, "If you want protection, that's extra. And it comes through me. Now, there is security here at the Ascendant, so maybe you're comfy with just that. Your call. But my boys are known for being very protective. And vigilant."
  • I nod. "You have space for private bookings?" I ask. I'm not overly excited about the exclusivity clause, but it may be a price I'm willing to pay for this limited time offer.

No outside security? This guy keeps a tight hold on his drek. I'm not comfortable with the security here- I don't know anyone and sometimes folks start getting attached to performers, yeah? I nod at Braun. "How much extra?" I ask him.
  • "We have a couple single bunk quarters up the hall, but we'll need some jingle to secure it, you know? Space is becoming a premium." Bacardi answers all polite. Then, like he just thought of it, he asks, "Hey, where you staying? the Bay? I can help you find better digs for your people, what kind of place you need? A large space that you can break out as you please? Or a bunch of smaller rooms?"

Braun answers about the extra with, "You want a thug or two on hand during shows, that's a jingle a month. You want more personal protection, round the clock, that's a jingle a week."
  • "Yes- a couple tents in the Bay, currently." I don't hide my distaste. "I'd like several smaller rooms, but I'm not going to be choosy until I can get things going around here."

"One or two during shows will suffice, I think." I tell Braun. I don't employ shrinking violets- sure, the girls would have a hard time against a big man, but that's what hidden knives are for, yeah?
  • "Barilla and I own this level." Bacardi says, looking to Barilla, who doesn't object. "We can set your people up for now, a fair price. Nothing permanent, just to let you get out of the Bay. How soon can you set up for a show?"

Braun asks, "I'd like to spend some time with this one here on my lap. Is that fair for the first week?"
  • "Maybe tomorrow if the crew can get ready, otherwise the next day. It'll be a regular show- we'd need a couple weeks to set up a big show." I nod.

"We got a deal." I tell Braun. He didn't specify how much time he wanted with Tulle, but he's not going to have much left in him when she's finished. I smirk at her.
  • edited November 2013
    Tulle grins, "Thanks, Proper!" She takes Bran's face in hers and says, "Take me home, big boy. I'm going to show you some fun you aint never seen before." He chuckles, and they rise to leave.

Barilla rises after they're gone and says, "I'll get you some keycards for the rooms, Proper. Would anyone like some more wine?" She pours for anyone who's thirsty. Satin has been barely sipping hers.

Satin looks to you, silently asking permission to perform. She doesn't know if it's needed now, but you had her prep a number, and she does love to dance.

What do you do?
  • "Bacardi-" I start as he stands to leave. "What do you have going on here after the music? Satin here can dance, if you'd like?"

I push my glass forward towards Barilla. "Please. And thank you for the keycards." I say.
  • OOC: Read Bacardi. Roll+sharp.
    (Rolled: 2d6+1. Rolls: 1, 2. Total: 4)
  • Bacardi looks at you, then over to Satin. He says, "The music can be changed, Proper." He smiles to Satin, glancing at Barilla, who nods enthusiastically. "Dance for us, if you please."

Satin grins, and hops up on the table, dancing seductively to the Bhangra music playing over the speakers. To get a better view, Bacardi scoots closer to you. He ends up putting at arm around your chair and leaning to talk into your ear as Satin dances.

It seems Barilla is much more interested in her than Bacardi. Satin notices and begins to focus on her entirely, even hopping down to dance right in front of her, pulling her into a dance, showing her some moves. It's entertaining, and from the reaction of the crowd, rather odd for Barilla.

Maybe it's the alcohol, maybe the casual atmosphere, but you find yourself opening up to cunning old Bacardi.

So answer his questions for us, Proper:
    • what does your character intend to do?
    • what do you wish Bacaradi and Barilla would do?
    • how could Bacardi get you to give Bacardi a cut into your business - not free of charge, more like what is it that you need that he can provide so this becomes a lasting partnership?
  • I don't talk about me much. Something about this place, watching Satin dance- our new beginning here... I open up to the guy with the cruel smile.

I intend to make as much jingle as possible, while maintaining my and my crew's safety. I'll take Bacardi's offer of rooms, Braun's security and this trial period gladly, though. Saves me from having to work out the big details, so I can get to the other ones like making sure the crew is happy and their egos are stroked.

I wish Bacardi and Barilla would get the word out about my new establishment here. Drum up business. There's only so much I can do being a newcomer and all.

He's already doing it- hooking me up with rooms and space- that's frakking huge. I'm not keen on cutting out side jobs and having to go through Braun for security, but if Bacardi can prove to me I can trust him, I'd be a lot happier about it.
  • So Proper, who ends up in your new bed with you tonight? Barilla, Bacardi or Satin?

Or did you sleep alone?
  • Bacardi ends up in my bed- I sent Satin after Barilla, if the chef was interested.
  • Alright, Proper, let's see how things work out over the next few weeks.

You set up shop on Bacardi and Barilla's level.
    Deck 11

The red rooms are the two you got right off. But your crew needs more space. The Galley and Dining is the big community dining space where folks trade work for food. It isn't as tasty, but it is healthy and edible.

Pick what rooms you want for entertaining and where you're staying.
  • Ideally I'd like to have a few rooms with several bunks in each to jam the crew in. I'd have at least two other rooms for private bookings. Three if I'm lucky. I'd prefer my own room, but I'm willing to bunk with mine for a while if I can't make the jingle stretch.

For regular sleeping including myself, I need 8 beds. Silk can share with Tooheys- hey, she wanted the girl. Satin and Velour can share a 2-bunk room, Chiffon and Velvet can share and that leaves Tulle and me sharing (for now). That's four rooms.

Maybe those two red rooms are the private rooms? And four of the junior officers quarters with double bunks? I'd love a nice big room all to myself, but I'm too practical to waste the jingle right now. Maybe in a few months. Ideally I could set up my crew in nice digs, too- my people work hard but I reward them.

Of course, with the way the Ascendant is crowding up I should take as many rooms as I can get my greedy hands on...
  • How is this for an updated look?
    Deck 11-pt 2
  • Proper,

It's late at night, a few hours after midnight. There was a show last night, it went well. You were asleep, but now, in the dim light, Tulle is gently shaking you awake. "Proper," she whispers gently. "Proper, can I crawl in? Please?"

I imagine you don't refuse? She'll pull back your soft covers and slide in bed with you. Do you let her snuggle up against your chest? Is that a thing she does with you or is that something new?

What do you do?
  • I blink my eyes a few times. "Sure." I rub one of my temples, where the hell am I again? Oh, right. Ascendant.

She can snuggle all she likes. It happened once before- when she auditioned. We didn't talk about it- it was just a thing that happened. We've frakked since then, but she always left right after.

I wrap my arm around her- not too tight if case she doesn't want me to.
  • It seems she wants you to, she reaches up to lace her fingers in yours, and while she's nude, she doesn't seem like she wants to frak you. She lies her head in the crook of your arm, her body against your side. "Proper..." she whispers up at you. You can just catch the light in her eyes as she looks up at you. She's the shortest of the girls in your crew. Satin once joked that's why she wears her hair so tall. "Why are you so nice to me?"
  • I sigh. This girl... she gets past all my defenses. I should tell her she's deluded, or that I treat all my crew this way... But I can't. I don't want to hurt her.

"I don't get attached to my crew. Everyone knows that..." I start, haltingly, like the words are being pulled out of me. "But you're... frak, you're different."

It's been stewing in my head ever since that night, but I'd been avoiding it. Of course I did- I don't have feelings for my crew. I don't have feelings for anyone. Sure, I'll frak almost anyone, but that's just a bit of fun, yeah? I don't care what anyone thinks of me... except her.
  • Then of course, she hits you with the dreaded, but most obvious question. "Why?" She's looking into your eyes, searching for the answers, completely intent on you in this quiet moment.
  • "Frak me, Tulle. I don't know." I reply. "If it were up to me I wouldn't care what you think of me. I wouldn't see you as anything other than crew..." It's the truth, too. In my business caring is a weakness. I exploit people who care- they'll pay more jingle- for what? Love? There's no such thing. It's a nice idea, sure, but love is a liability.
  • She watches you, and in the pit of your stomach, you know the answer isn't what she wanted to hear. But she doesn't reproach, far from it. She cranes her neck up to brush her lips against yours, and says in a breathy tone, "You're different, too."
  • I kiss her lightly- not tentatively, but with no urgency. I know I shouldn't care about her, but right now, nothing else matters past the two of us. I brush the side of her face gently with my hand.
  • Tulle closes her eyes in pleasure when you touch her face. She makes a soft sound of pleasure and between soft kisses, she says, "I want to stay here, with you, tonight... do you want to frak me?" She pens her eyes to look at you again, the fingertips of her right hand lightly touching your chest.
  • "No." I tell her, smirking. "I want to ravish you, make you scream my name and never want to frak anyone else ever again... But if you don't want that, I will simply hold you." Frak me! I can't afford to have these feelings.

I press my hips to hers gently. I'm hers if she wants me.
  • Tulle looks at you for a few breaths, her nostrils flaring. Then, he serious tone breaks and she gives you her little up turn of the left corner of her mouth, her adorable crooked smile, "I'll take item one, Proper. And the holding can be later." She slides on top of you then, and begins to kiss you in earnest, hoping to make you meet your offer.

Do you?
  • Oh frak yes. I let my hands roam all over her while we kiss.

"What's your position?" I ask her, whispering into her ear. I know she enjoys sex- that was obvious in her audition- but I want to give her what she wants, instead of expecting her to please me.
  • She rolls off you, lying on her side away from you, and pulls your hand up to her hip, "Spoon me, and don't stop touching me."
  • edited November 2013
    I do as she tells me, pulling her hips back towards mine. I reach around to caress her front- neck, breasts, belly... and lower. All while kissing her neck and shoulder. I stop myself from being forceful- this is all about her. I keep rocking my hips against her, but just tease her a bit- I'm not in a hurry.
  • Neither is she. She's got excellent muscle control from relentless Kegel training and exercise. She giggles at your teasing and tries to tempt you to lose control.

But in the end, the competition is secondary. There's a connection between you two. Fire your special move, Proper. And you choose which one to use.
  • It takes a lot for me to lose control. Maybe because I care about her is why I don't- I'm already feeling vulnerable. Feeling feelings. Still, I give it my all and we both end up with grins on our faces.

OOC: I care about Tulle, so I hold 1. If she gets into shit, either of us can spend the hold and I am there.
  • --END SCENE--