[JunkXIII] Kiddo the Operator

edited March 2014 in Junkworld XIII

Kiddo the Operator (formerly: Battlebabe)

Kiddo is the eldest child of two breeders from the Junk Valley. She and her younger brother Humphrey wander the wastes in search of drops from Junkships that survived reentry. She's got a guitar from her father, a pistol from her mother, a sawed off shotgun from her Aunt Ruth, and a loyal dog Junker at her side.

Looks

Woman, casual wear, girlish face, arresting eyes, and a sweet body.

Stats

Cool+3 Hard+1 Hot+1 Sharp+3 Weird-1

Moves

Ice cold: when you go aggro on an NPC, roll+cool instead of roll+hard. When you go aggro on another player’s character, roll+Hx instead of roll+hard.
Dangerous & sexy: when you enter into a charged situation, roll+hot. On a 10+, hold 2. On a 7–9, hold 1. Spend your hold 1 for 1 to make eye contact with an NPC present, who freezes or flinches and can’t take action until you break it off. On a miss, your enemies identify you immediately as their foremost threat.
Easy to trust: when you try to seduce or manipulate another player’s character, roll+Hx instead of roll+hot. An NPC, roll+cool instead of roll+hot.
Reputation: when you meet someone important (your call), roll+cool. On a hit, they’ve heard of you, and you say what they’ve heard; the MC will have them respond accordingly. On a 10+, you take +1forward for dealing with them as well. On a miss, they’ve heard of you, but the MC will decide what they’ve heard.
Weather eye: when you open your brain to the world’s psychic maelstrom, roll+sharp instead of roll+weird.

Special Move

When you and another character have sex, roll+Hx with that character. On a 10+, ask 3 from the list below. On a 7-9, ask 1.

• Who/what threatens your safety/happiness?
• What do you fear most?
• what do you desire/need most?
• what makes you feel beautiful? loved?
• what do you not understand about me?
• what are you trying to hide from me?

On a miss, the sex was fine, but life surprised you with a little interruption of its own. On a 12+, your questions are not bound by the list.

Hx

Stitch+2
Rinso+2
Vee+2
Proper+2

Relationships
Rinso's the father of my baby. [ ]
Vee is the love of my life. [ ]
My relationship with Zero is complicated [ ]
I can depend on Svenja. [ ]

Gear

Zero's 9mm pistol (2-harm close silenced semiautomatic)
Auntie Ruth's Boomstick (automatic shotgun) (4-harm close reload area messy)
Zero's ring Ma' said it'll keep me safe. She hasn't been wrong yet! (+1armor when worn).
Compressor vest, standard fare armor for scavs... 1-armor.
Junker, the great grandson of my Dad's old dog, Blue. Kind of a spaz though. Should've let Dad train him.
5-barter worth of random assorted shit.

Gigs & Crew

• Enforcement (1-barter / overthrown) — with the Candies, through Starburst.
• Companionship (1-barter / entangled) — through Proper.
• Brokering deals (1-barter / shut out) — with Vee and Omo, as a member of the Ascendant Council.
• Bodyguarding (1-barter / embattled)
• Pursuing luxury (beauty in your life / you wind up in a bad spot) — keeping her apartment, obligation gig.

Advancement & XP

1/5 to next advance
XX get +1hard (max +2)
__ get +1hot (max +2)
XX get +1sharp (max +2)
__ get +1weird (max +2)
__ get a new battlebabe move
__ get a new battlebabe move
XX get 2 gigs (detail) and moonlighting
XX get a gang (detail) and leadership
XX get a move from another playbook
__ get a move from another playbook
---------------------------------
__ get +1cool (max cool+3)
__ get +1hard (max hard+2)
__ get +1sharp (max sharp+2)
__ get a new operator move
__ get a new operator move
__ add a gig and you may change your crew
XX add a gig and you may change your crew
XX abandon or resolve an obligation gig for good
__ get a move from another playbook
XX get a move from another playbook
---------------------------------
XX get +1 to any stat (max stat+3)
__ retire your character (to safety)
XX create a second character to play
XX change your character to a new type
XX choose 3 basic moves and advance them.
XX advance the other 4 basic moves.

Comments

• Helping/interfering: when Kiddo wants help from a team member, roll+Hx. On a hit, take +1forward. On a miss, choose 1:
    • Take -1Hx with them right now.
    • They interfere with you (i.e. take -2forward right now).

Healing/Harm works as usual, and at the end of session, Kiddo names the team member who she thinks knows her best. She takes +1Hx with that team member.

Kiddo's Special Move
    If you and another character have sex, they automatically speak to you, as though they were a thing and you’d rolled a 10+, whether you have the move or not. The other player and the MC will answer your questions between them.
  • Kiddo, for session one, highlight Cool!
  • I highlight Hot for myself.
    Let's ghost highlight Hard for the NPCs.
  • So with Kiddo's first advance, I think it makes sense for her to take the Moonlighting advance. Specifically, with the 2 gigs:

• Scavenging (1-barter / impoverished)
    • Bodyguarding (1-barter / embattled)
  • Session 2 Highlights:
    • Hot
    • Sharp
  • With Kiddo's second advance, I took Easy to Trust from the Operator playbook. Kiddo is pretty easy to trust!
  • For Kiddo's third advance, I took a Gang with Leadership.
  • So by default, the gang is: 15 or so violent bastards (in this case, bitches), 2-harm small 1-armor.

I get 2 options:
    • The gang is self sufficient: +rich.
    • The gang is well armed: +1harm.

But...
    • The gang is lax about security and likes to drink and brag: vulnerable: reprisals.

For a total of: (3-harm small 1-armor, vulnerable: reprials)
  • For Kiddo's 4th advance, she's taking +1hard (max hard+2).
  • For Kiddo's 5th advance, she's taking +1sharp. (max sharp+2).
  • For Kiddo's 6th advance, she's bringing in a second character: Jack the Brainer.
  • Kiddo's new "Mother" Special move:

When you and another character have sex, roll+Hx with that character. On a 10+, ask 3 from the list below. On a 7-9, ask 1.

• Who/what threatens your safety/happiness?
    • What do you fear most?
    • what do you desire/need most?
    • what makes you feel beautiful? loved?
    • what do you not understand about me?
    • what are you trying to hide from me?

On a miss, the sex was fine, but life surprised you with a little interruption of its own. On a 12+, your questions are not bound by the list.
  • For Kiddo's 7th advance, she's going to advance the following moves:
    • Act Under Fire
    • Seduce/Manipulate
    • Read a person
  • For Kiddo's 8th advance, she's switching playbooks to the Operator. Details forthcoming.
  • For Kiddo's 9th advance, she's taking +1 to any stat (max+3) — specifically to Sharp.
  • For Kiddo's 10th advance, she's taking Weather Eye from the Driver playbook.
  • For Kiddo's 11th advance, she's closing her obligation gig, and buying her apartment.