[Snowpocalypse] Passing Through (S 3.4)

2»

Comments

• edited March 2014
    Silica

It's hard for me to sit quiet as she goes on and I keep almost interrupting:

"But the guy was..." regarding the pier.

"No.. no no... I didn't fuckin' leave..." regarding Monarchs. I rise up out of my seat a little.

"Nobody fuckin' got it out for..." I all but shout about the Skegs, like arguing with Handplant'll make it not so.

But the worst...

"I saved that asshole's fuckin' life!" I complain loudly regarding Stink Bug... that really pisses me off. I jump out of the chair and want to fuckin' hit something. But... fuck it's more sad than angry and I sink back down into the chair... defeated by her last words.

I see the look on K2's face... feels shitty, "I... I had a rough time ok? It's... it's not my fault..."
  • To Silica:

Handplant says calmly, "Silica, I'm not judging you, girl. It sounds like you've had a busy few weeks. But you either need to lay low for a long while, GTFO, or you need to surround yourself with some folks so you don't get caught up in some bad shit alone." She clears her throat. "Hadden wants you on his crew, trouble and all...."

"Yeah, Silly," K2 chimes in. "We can watch your back and shit."

Hitec raises her hands, like she's been holding something in, "Handplant, honey. I think you need to reconsider letting K2 work. If you've got eyes on the job, and Silica's back, where does that leave her?"

K2 shoots up out of her chair, "Whoah! I don't need eyes on me! I'm fucking capable! I'll help back up Silly, too!"

Handplant gives her a WTF look, "You mean the girl you've hated on for a few years, then grudge fucked a few minutes ago? While you're riding Hadden's dick, too? You don't see problems with that work situation?"

K2 looks like she's about to blow a gasket.

What do you do?
  • edited March 2014
    Silica

Handplant sounds almost reasonable at first, you know... for a fuckin' old bitch right? But then everyone starts assuming things, like... even K2 right, telling me how it's gonna be on Hadden's crew and shit.

I kind of look between them mouth open and starting to say something as they talk fucking about me... and then about K2.

Then Handplant just goes too fuckin' far, I shoot up out of my seat and shout at Handplant, "who gives a shit who's fuckin' who ok?" I slam the heels of my hands down on the table, making the silverware chime. It hurts.

"It's... you know... it's..." but what... how the fuck do I argue with that? She's fucking right but fuck her anyway... "if you were half as hot as Kaykay maybe you wouldn't hafta sleep on the fuckin' couch all the damn time while your fuckin' girlfriend goes out lookin' for pussy!"

I emphatically gesture at the couch, burning up... fuckin' everything up... I don't' even know what the fuck I'm talking about but whatever, I don't fucking care. I hate this bullshit.
  • To Silica:

Handplant doesn't get angry when you start yelling, but when you lay down that line about Hitec going out looking, she looks more than a little surprised. Hitec's mouth drops, and she grips the table, all white-knuckled.

Then K2 screams out, "HEY! That's my MOM, Silly!" She's starting to cry, torn in half here.

Handplant raises a hand, "Hey! Let's take it down a notch, alright? Silica, calm down. Everybody sit down."

K2's not sitting down. Are you?
  • edited March 2014
    Silica

The anger burning in me, I cross my arms in a huff and throw myself back in the chair, which skids a couple inches loudly on the floor... totally fucking up my balance for a second I don't look nearly as cool as I meant to. I have to slap a foot on the floor to keep from falling over backwards.

"Whatever, ok? Fuck..." I look at Kaykay... shit, I was trying to speak up for you... but...

I make the lamest of excuses, "I didn't mean it ok.. whatever..." I spread my hands slightly, like a minor surrender or some shit.
  • edited March 2014
    To Silica:

Hitec stands up, "I'm done. Leave your bowls on the table, I'll take care of it later." She leaves the table, heading down the hall to her bedroom. She's pissed.

K2 swallows, sits back down like the air left her, slumps in her chair, looking away, down at the floor. You see it, the guilt on her face, Silica. She glances down the hall, then to her mom. You apologize, or make an excuse, whatever. K2 just looks at you, wipes at her face for the tears that dropped, just a few. Then her eyes are back to the floor.

"IF I was going to kick your ass for your smart mouth, Silica," Handplant says in that calm manner, "I'd have done it a bunch of times before now." She draws a long breath, exhales once. Then, she says, "Silica, I shouldn't have goaded you like that. That was bitchy of me, I'm sorry. Been a rough couple days for a few of us, I think."

"Don't go, Silly." K2 says flatly. She glances up at you, "I know that's what you do, most times. But, like, this time... stick around. Okay?"
  • Silica

I just kind of angrily mope there in the chair a little as HP goes on. She more or less apologizes, which gets a big exhaled breath and a little shake of the head. Yeah... bitchy. "Rough.. yeah..." I lean back in my chair, hang my head backwards over the seatback. It's fucking hot in here.

Then K2 speaks up... some of the fire has left her voice and I feel something... what, a little bit disappointed? But it's not like I had nothing to do with it.

I sit up and look at K2, arms still crossed. You know what makes it weird? It's that her mom knows what we did... I glance at HP with my eyes and a tiny gesture of the head and roll my eyes slightly, like... her mom is all in our faces right. We have that in common... clearly.

She asks me not to go, "you think I wanna hit the streets with all the fuckin' heat on me out there? Worse than I thought... shit... I didn't even do half that shit they pinnin' on me... seriously..." I probably can't hide a sly little smile though... truth is I did do half that shit and you know, it sounds kind of bad ass in a way.

But there's nothing you can do about the bullshit right? Not like I can go tell 'em how it was.

"But..." something's really bothering me, "I'm fuckin' burnin up in here... ok, I gotta cool off.." I look towards the door. I'm feeling rested, restless... I don't like bein' holed up indoors so long.

"Just... gotta take a walk 'round the 'hood or somethin... I'll keep it low."

• To Silica:

K2 starts to object, but Handplant holds up a hand to quiet her. She says with a hint of sadness, "Silica, you're a grown girl. If you want to go, I won't stop you. But stay sharp, yeah? When you take a walk, folks notice. Trouble happens." She considers you for a moment, then says earnestly, "I love you, Silica. Like I loved your mother. I want to look out for you, to help you, all that I can. So just. Just come back, alright?"

"I can go with you, Silica." K2 offers suddenly.

"No, Kay. You can't." Handplant says in a very solid tone, like "that's that".

K2 whirls on her, "I CAN! I'm fucking capable!" She looks at you, Silica, wanting you to back her up, or ask her to come.

What do you do?
  • edited March 2014
    Silica

Handplant tells me how it is, well whaddya know. I nod, no attitude here, she's being cool about it... though I totally expected some resistance.

She tells me to come back and I'm getting a little tired of people thinkin' I ain't, "I'm fuckin' coming back ok!"

Then Kaykay gets upset over it... I glance from her mom and back to her, i don't just wanna say what I wanna say... you know...

I exhale a deep breath loudly and lower my gaze at Kaykay... you know... there's something fucked up going on in my head. I totally feel this shit, see it, it hurts sometimes, but I can't fucking deny that something big's happening to me... or happened... or maybe it was always fucking there... I don't know.

Let's see... I return Kaykay's look and just... think at her... just think as clearly as I can and try to see the bright lights behind her eyes this time... I've connected to her, let's see if part of me is really in there...

Maybe my lips move slightly, but I'm concentrating here, not making any sound, "Kaykay... I just gotta go see if... if someone I know is dead... I just gotta know... I just gotta go do this and... I am coming back. "

I nod my head slightly as I try to make her understand, a pained look on my face.

Maybe I look fuckin' stupid... I dunno... does she get it?
  • To Silica:

K2's eyes widen, she sort of gapes at you for a moment. Then, she nods, just a little. You think she gets it.

What do you do?
  • edited March 2014
    Silica

I breath a little sigh of relief or something and smile... for some reason i glance at Handplant like... wow, did you see what I did? But of course she didn't... that's the point. I look back at Kaykay and it's hard not to look too excited.

I really fucking just did that!

"I... uh... I'll be back..." I gotta think about where I'm goin... it was quick on the sled but I don't dare take it, do I? Up the river.. .yeah, best way... "Couple, three hours at most, ok? No big thing."

• To Silica:

K2 is sort of looking at you like she's not sure what the what, but she offers a nervous smile. Then you're looking at Handplant, assure her you'll be back. She stands up, heads over to her pack, pulls out something, then walks over to put it on the table.

"Here's a drop piece," Handplant says as she points to a snub nosed .38. "Won't shoot for shit unless they're right in your face, but it will put a fucker down. Take it with you. Bring it back, too. Alright?"

She'll walk you to the door, but K2's still watching from the table, not sure what just happened.
  • edited March 2014
    Silica

HP gives me the gun and I almost gotta laugh a little. I pause with it in my hand like I'm gonna say something... HP can probably see a serious look on my face for a second here. After what just happened with Hitec... I want to ask if they're gonna be ok... if I fucked up her shit you know? But think better of it and keep my mouth shut, just a nod.

"I'll be watchin' my back out there, don't worry none," I walk over to Kaykay and gently take her hand in mind, just by the fingers. Amazing how things have changed so fast. I squeeze, "seeya soon ok? Keep dinner cold for me." I wink, a stupid joke like she would tell... ugh.

I'm not in a huge hurry here, but I want to be on my way. It's hot in here.
  • To Silica:

K2 looks up at you, then glances down at your hand on her fingers. A little smile crinkles the corner of her mouth. She laughs at your dumb joke. "Promise I won't spit in it, Silly."

Handplant unlocks all the locks, then watches you go.

------------------

Sounds like you're trying to walk back to Wonky's cousin's place, right? How are you planning on doing that?

How's your supply of ice, by the by?
  • edited March 2014
    Silica

"Eeew" I make a face, "why would you even think of that?" I giggle, then take a deep breath, get my game face on and hit the streets.

I'm going to parallel the river, yeah maybe there's dangerous people out there but I should avoid the bigger gangs, right? And I can always dash across the ice if I really get in trouble. At least most problems will be predictably to one side.

Going to take this one careful, I don't want any bullshit.

And my ice? Yeah, starting to be a concern.... need to get out there in the next week or so.

Speaking of which, I pop another tab and head on my way.
  • To Silica:

Alright, Silica. I think you have a good plan, staying up top, the river to one side. I'd like to see you move through dangerous territory here.

If you're just trying to move through, give me an Act Under Fire at a +1.

If you're carefully moving through, picking spots, then you can roll our custom move for moving through gang territory, which is...
    When you head into gang territory looking for someone or something important, roll +Sharp. On a hit, choose options. On a 10+, you find what you're after. On a 7-9, choose one of the below options
    - You can't find it/them
    - You find what you're after, but there's trouble
  • Silica

Careful like, right? Well... at least that's what I mean to do. Guess if I don't make the roll I get careless.... me, careless? That never happens, right?

Custom move:
    (Rolled: 2d6+2. Rolls: 3, 5. Total: 10)
  • To Silica:

Please go here.