[In and Out] PRD and parts beyond (3.3)

13»

Comments

• abby-header
    "I did." I answer him, not being cocky about it, just agreeing. "You sent a Minotaur that slew the brother of Atheneia. She wants justice. I will release you, as long as we can remain peaceful, and you must grant Atheneia a boon in exchange for the loss of her brother. It must be one within your power, of her choosing. And lastly, you must swear never to harm her or her line again. If you will agree to this, I will let you free, great Nereus."
  • Twilight Solstice

Nereus scowls, and the sea's turmoil increases. Then his anger breaks like a wave. He laughs heartily. "You have bested me, mortal, using my own pride as a weapon. I name you 'Metis' for your cunning. It shall be as you say. Hold tight to me one more moment and we shall go to this Atheneia."

• abby-header
    Chat channel: "Yo ho, we did it, right? Anything I should watch out for?"

I'll hold on, because at least I know that gives me some kind of power.

I'm thinking of tonight right now. Erica's room. Me and Reggie. I wonder, will it happen?
  • edited November 2014

Twilight Solstice

Reggie

"Awesome! I wonder if there's more?"

In a blink, you and Nereus are elsewhere, facing Atheneia in the shadow of a gleaming white marble temple. She gives a little gasp of surprise and drops to her knees on seeing Nereus.

Atheneia

"Nereus!"

The Old Man of the Sea speaks. "This mortal, Metis, has bested me and insists that I offer reparations for the death of your brother. What boon would you seek?"

Atheneia raises her head and her eyes narrow. "I would have revenge, Old One, but it would be useless to call for your death. Instead..." She pauses to consider. "I am a mortal and of no consequence, and I am wise enough to know that the gifts of gods are not without their price, even when freely given. Instead, I would have you offer my boon to my mistress, Bright Eyed Athena, and do whatever it is she requires. And tell her that it is reparation for the death of her servant Agathon."

Nereus growls low in his throat, but gives a curt nod and is suddenly not there.

"Thank you, traveller, for aiding me in this."

• abby-header
    Chat channel: "Want to log and do something together?"

I incline my head, "I am sorry for your loss, Atheneia. If you know anything of my quest, I would appreciate whatever help you can offer."
  • Twilight Solstice

Atheneia

Atheneia shakes her head. "I am sorry, but I don't."

Just as she finishes speaking, you see those two snakes again, twining around each other, but slithering off down the path that leads away from the temple.

Reggie

"I'll have to start dinner soon... hey snakes! That's twice."

• abby-header
    Chat channel: "Oh yeah! Cooking will be fun. I think I'm gonna catch those snakes."

I start following those snakes, casually if they're slow, speedily if they rush away.

• edited November 2014

Twilight Solstice

You follow the snakes along the path, which curves around behind a low hill, taking you out of sight of Atheneia and the temple. They slither along to a figure holding a wing-topped staff. Incongruously, he's dressed like someone out of a western, with a leather duster and a cowboy hat and boots, which have small wings extending from their sides. The snakes glide up the staff and curve around to complete the traditional caduceus.

"Nereus done named you good, Cunning Metis. Yer cleverer'na jackrabbit with a fox on its tail, aintcha? Reckon ya kin do ol' Hermes a favor?"

• abby-header
    Chat channel: "Holyshit, Reggie! It's Hermes! Doing the best cosplay of a cowboy ever."

I can't hide my chuckle. Luckily, I have a mask. I bow to him, "Your wish is my command, god of Merchants, runners and all those who live by their wits. What can I.... do ya fer?" I indulge in some whimsy myself.
  • Twilight Solstice

Hermes hitches his thumbs into his gunbelt. "Well, pardner, I reckon I once turned a nymph named Khelone into a tortoise, 'cause she was lazy an' missed Zeus 'n Hera's wedding. Seems she's got a bit o' knowledge I need, though, an' I need someone ta find her, so I kin change her back 'n ask. Reckon ya kin find a special tortoise an' bring her to me? She's up in the hills an' Argos is keepin' guard. Her an' that heifer Io."

• abby-header
    Chat channel: "Ooh, Reggie! Io is a mortal girl Zeus hooked up with who was changed into a cow, that's boss. Argos is a badass, too. This could be a helluva fight. Should I log and help you cook? Not sure how long this might take."

I give him "the guy nod", "I'll find your tortoise, oh great rustler." I'll head off towards "the hills", but I'm mostly waiting for Reggie's thoughts. I knot I've been here for a while.
  • Twilight Solstice

Reggie

"Good spot for a break, I think. How are you with a knife? I mean, for cutting up vegetables."

You log out, and Reggie gives you a big kiss. "Nice work! Dinner next?" She takes off her gear and continues, "You love the Greek stuff, don't you?"

• Trevian
    I slide my arms around her and return the kiss, pulling back with my hands on the sides of her neck, "Big time. We should go to Greece sometime, I've always wanted to go." I kiss the tip of her nose, "And to answer your earlier question, I'm not as good as Abby, but I can find my way around a kitchen. Spent enough nights filling in at the Dipper to pick up a thing or two." I strip off my gear and throw on a fresh t-shirt.

As we start to head for the kitchen, I sidle up behind her, "Hey, where are we sleeping tonight?" I'm telling her the ball's in her court. I do not want to waste last night's fun and good vibes by being greedy.
  • Twilight Solstice

Reggie answers with a chuckle and nothing else.

While you and Reggie are pulling out groceries and finding the knives and cutting boards and such, Erica wanders in and grabs a pitcher of water from the fridge. "Hey guys!"

Reggie

"Hey, lady! Oh, shoot. Trev, I forgot to feed Jack Aubrey. Can you run up and put a cup of food in the bowl, and fill up the water? Please?"

• Trevian
    "Sure, Reggie." I give Erica a smile and a nod, then scoot out to feed and water Jack Aubrey. Is it me or are they plotting something?
  • Twilight Solstice

Jack Aubrey

When you get back to the room, Jack Aubrey is sitting on the bed, already glaring at the door as you enter. He hisses, but stays where he is as you fill his food and water bowls.

You make it out unscathed and head back to the kitchen. Reggie and Erica stop chatting when you walk in, both of them giving you grins that fall somewhere between sultry and smug.

Erica

"So, Trev, Reggie and I were having a little talk just now. About you. And, well... things."

Reggie

Reggie nods. "Things. Actually, one thing in particular."

"And our conclusion was that you should eat hearty tonight. You're going to need your strength later."

• Trevian
    I'm glad Jack Aubrey and I are working through our issues. I know he's a part of my life now. I consider petting him, but I don't want to push my luck.

Several responses flit through my mind, ranging from "Really? Awesome!" to "I aim to please." to a general, mindless giggle of glee. I figure all might be acceptable, but I just bested a godling, so I'm feeling good about myself. I give them a grin, then answer, "I concur." This is the best vacation ever.
  • The Real World

You and Reggie get to work preparing the meal. She's very good at describing what she needs done, and you hit a groove quickly. Once you do, Erica wanders out, pinching your ass on her way past.

Prep really only takes about half an hour. The veggies are on trays ready to go in the oven, and Reggie's blending up a few cans of chickpeas with tahini to start the hummus.

Reggie

"Think I should spice it up a little, Trev? I saw some Sriracha in the fridge."

• Trevian
    My eyes flash for a second, "Yeah, maybe make a couple bowls, though? Some for the less adventurous, then some for... us." I wink at Erica, but I don't chase her down or anything.

I head over to grab the Sriracha and bring it over, hug Reggie from behind, talking at her ear, "I'm looking forward to some dragon hunting tonight. How about you?"
  • The Real World

Reggie

Reggie purrs as you hug her, pushing her ass back against you. "Yes, very much." She mixes Sriracha into one bowl of hummus and puts both bowls in the refrigerator.

During dinner, which I imagine is a bit of a blur for you, given a certain state of anticipation you must be feeling, conversation flows as pleasantly as it did the night before. Zero's friend Ichiro joins you, and Jose goads him into telling some surprisingly funny hockey stories.

Just as the meal is nearly over, Zero's phone rings and he steps away from the table to answer it. A minute or so later, he moves back to the table and hands you the phone. "It's for you, Trev."

• Trevian
    A phone call for me? Hunh, weird. I don't even know who knows I'm here? Tonya, sure. Jake, too. But would either of them call me, I don't think so. I thank Zero and take the phone, "Hi, this is Trev."
  • The Real World

"Hi, Trev. This is Felicity. We met at the Tesla facility today? I was wondering... could you stop by tomorrow? I've got someone coming in that wants to meet you."

• Trevian
    Felicity? Oh, she was the super smart lady in the lab coat. I liked her. "Me? Sure, that sounds great." I almost ask if it's a bill collector, but don't. "Anything I should, I dunno, do for them? Or know ahead of time?"
  • edited December 2014

The Real World

"Not really. Just bring your girlfriend and your phone. I kinda think you'll want to make a call. See you around noon, then, okay?" And she's gone, without time for you to ask any more questions.

Zero's still smiling as you hand him back the phone. "I'll be in working all day tomorrow. You can borrow the Model T if you want."

Dinner ends, and you make quick work of kitchen cleanup, since Reggie's meal didn't make much of a mess. You socialize for a while and even learn a new card game called Sheepshead. Finally, though, Erica says good night and goes upstairs. After one more hand of Sheepshead, Reggie leads the way up to your room and changes into a knee-length midnight blue silk robe.

She takes your hand and pulls you out the door and up the stairs to Erica's room.

—End Scene—