[Junk XIII] Visitation (K 5.4, S 5.4)

edited November 2013 in Junkworld XIII
Brig

You've been in the brig for a day now, Kiddo and Stitch. Good news is that you've both healed up. You're sharing one cell, Zero is in a cell by herself, adjacent to you. You can talk to her if you want. She hasn't tried to talk to you. She hasn't really talked to anyone, she broke the lights in her cell somehow and sat there in the dark. Have you done anythign about that, Kiddo?

Santiba has been your lovely guard. Which means she hangs out in brig security. And keeps visitors out.

Stitch, you hear a soft message from the terminal in here. Checking the screen, you see:
Stitch, this is Metro. I have control of the brig security. I can open your door and I have recorded a loop for the cams in the brig sec office. I can hear you, or you can respond at this terminal. Let me know what you want me to do. I have missed you.

Comments

• I touch the plastic over the screen and close my eyes, thinking of the last time I saw Metro. "Not yet. What is going on out there?" I whisper to it.

I don't want to break out of the brig and have to run away from the Ascendant. There has to be a better way. Hell, if Kiddo hadn't needed surgery she would have just wasted Nezzy and she or Zero could be running this place.
  • My whole body aches, and I've been fighting back nausea all frakking day — so I've been focusing on a very specific lewd drawing one of the previous tenants of this cell must have put on the ceiling. Someone liked big boobs a lot...

I haven't tried talking to my Ma' yet... Truth is, I'm just as confused as she is. None of what happened upstairs makes any sense. I'm afraid she wants to kill Dad... This isn't the great reunion I'd played out in my mind... The fight is out of me though. I've been trying to think of how to talk to her... Nothing sounds right. Eventually, I roll my head over and softly call out, "Ma?"
  • Stitch,

In a few seconds, you see on the terminal:
    Brief period of chaos that Sapphire described to me as planned executions by Nesbitts. I am not sure I believe her. Nesbitts appears to be in control, but there is unrest. Things are calm now, but Sapphire has found her brother. They will not remain calm for long. She is also very upset that you are imprisoned. The Candy Bars are locked out with other people in The Bay. I can show them the way in, but have not yet. I am sorry I wasn't there with you. I am so happy you are still alive.

Kiddo,

After a long pause, you hear her voice, broken and hoarse, preceded by a sniffle, "Yeah, Kiddo. I'm here."
  • ... Crap... Now what?

Should I explain myself? Should I demand some sort of explanation? ... Frak... I don't know anymore... I roll on my side — the good one — grimacing with all the effort it takes, and bite my lip as I consider what to say next... It takes me a while to come up with anything at all...

"... I never got your message..."
  • Kiddo,

Zero answers numbly, "Did I... did I really send it?"
  • I nod, feeling stupid when I realize she can't see me, "I dunno... It said where you were going though... And what happened to dad ... Gramma said I'd have done something stupid if I went alone a year ago..." I pause a few minutes, "Gods Ma', you don't know how much Hump and I missed you guys... How hard we tried to find you..."
  • Kiddo,

Zero says quietly, "I missed you both. Every day. Ol... he said there were guys out looking. I kept trying to leave myself, but... I never did."
  • I swallow hard... He really did a number on her, didn't he? "Well... We're here now..." In a cell... Probably lined up for execution... "I'd do anything for a chance to make all this right..."
  • "Let me talk to Kiddo. Do you think the Candies can take control if you let them in?" I whisper. "I love you."

I lean up against the wall and close my eyes, wondering how to get out of here with minimal loss of life.

OOC: Open your brain incoming.
  • OOC: Open your brain. Roll+weird. +1xp rolling highlighted.
    (Rolled: 2d6+3. Rolls: 2, 5. Total: 10)
  • Kiddo,

Zero replies numbly, "Just help Ollie. For real, not like I did. That's all the right left."

Then, strangled, "I've got his baby in me, Kiddo."
  • That hurts a lot to hear...

To bring a baby into a relationship like that — one built on a foundation as weak as the lies and manipulation Branigans used — it's the lowest form of horrible I can imagine... That Branigans could even make a baby is the most ridiculous leap of bad luck there is — but that Ma' would never have agreed to even consider having his baby, and now she's stuck with it. Stitch's options come running through my head... They still sound awful — but they don't seem quite so black and white anymore.

I don't answer her for a while... She put herself on the line for Dad, and she must have known — being a breeder — that this would be a risk... I can't blame her though... It's not her fault. It's Branigans' fault — and if Ma' keeps that baby, she'll be reminded of this nightmare for the rest of her frakking life. That's not my choice to make though... I've already been down that alley. I don't want to look back now...

I suddenly have very little desire to tell her about my baby... It feels so selfish... I wanted it to be special... I wanted her to be happy for me... I wanted the whole family to be happy... A new baby for all of us... "Oh?" I whisper back, "... You're sure it's his?"

That's really all I can muster at this point... The one last faint hope at the end of a very, very dark tunnel.
  • Stitch,

You see an immediate reply:
    I love you, too, Stitch. The Candies success at taking over this facility, even with my guidance, is unlikely. You know my limitations. I would not be helpful.

You lean back against the cool metal wall and open yourself to the psychic maelstrom. This place, more like the people, it has been infected with a disease. The disease has been excised, but many symptoms remain. The body is weak. Open to future sickness.

You know that if you leave, you won't be able to heal them. Some of them are beyond healing, so indoctrinated to the twisted worldview Branigans spread among them, that they must be eliminated. Some might be saved, but you would need the full force of the infirmary, research and support to find a way to fix them.

Branigans found a way to redirect memories and associations. He make friends into enemies, pleasure into pain, and vice versa. He molested minds, opened them to his suggestions. There are some who don't want the truth, they fear it. They want to avenge the murder of their beloved Branigans.

There are enough of them, the diseased ones, to bring this place down. To ruin everything that has been built. Nezzy wants to hold the line. If she had more bodies, and someone who could help her ferret out the diseased ones, she could instill order.

She's not a nice person, but she would appreciate an infirmary. She honors her debts.
  • Kiddo,

Zero pauses for a long time before answering, "I don't know, Kiddo. When we got here, Ollie went in for treatment. He came back out a couple days later and he was better than before. You know, healthier. I was so happy, I just... I let things slide. Weird drek. I let it slide." She trails off completely to silence.
  • ... Damn it... Frakking Branigans...

All I can hope is that she's got her wits about her now... "What are you going to do?"
  • edited November 2013
    Kiddo,

"I want to know for sure... but if it's his." Zero says quiet, "Ima kill it."

After a minute of silence, she asks, "Are you... are you pregnant, Kiddo?"
  • I look to Stitch, admittedly a bit worried... She should never have had to make that choice...

I whisper, "Can you find that out, Stitch?"
  • "I think we should try to ally with Nezzy." I whisper to the terminal. "She doesn't want a bloodbath. Otherwise Bran's people could bring the whole ship down. I'm going to try to talk to her."

"Yes, if we could get back in the lab." I answer Kiddo. "I'm going to try to talk to Nezzy- we may have to side with her against Bran's remaining folk."

I move to the front of the cell, trying to get Santiba's attention.
  • edited November 2013
    ... I suddenly wish I'd bolted for the Ascendant back when Lever told me where they were... Maybe if I'd gotten here quicker, I might have been able to stop all this before Ma' got... Well... before this...

This is my fault, isn't it?

I'm quiet a while. "I'm sorry I didn't get here sooner, Ma'..."

I nod quietly to Stitch's request... I don't exactly have many options, but I'll side with anyone who wants to get rid of Branigans' lies.
  • Kiddo,

"I'm sorry I frakked it all up, Kiddo." Zero says after a moment, "Just save your dad."
  • OOC: Reading Zero. Roll+Sharp. +1XP rolling highlighted.
    (Rolled: 2d6+2. Rolls: 2, 5. Total: 9)
  • I walk over to Kiddo and take her hand. "She wanted to kill Ollie, but Hump hugged her, and once she saw your dad... it's not her fault. Bran twisted her brain all up."

OOC: Helping Kiddo incoming.
  • OOC: Help Kiddo. Roll+sharp (professional compassion). +1xp rolling highlighted.
    (Rolled: 2d6+3. Rolls: 3, 3. Total: 9)
  • OOC: Holding 3.
    Q1: How can Kiddo get Zero to accept her help?
  • (since Stitch is helping, you both get these answers):

If Ollie's cancer was cut out and he survived, she'd accept your help. If you could convince her of a solid plan to heal Ollie, that would probably work.
    You could also guilt her into it, using Hump as leverage.
    Or let Jemma berate her until she gives up and does whatever she's told. But that last option would break her for a very long time.
  • I take a deep breath, and whisper back, "Stitch said she might be able to help Dad... That she could operate on him, and take out the cancer if it hasn't spread... We're gunna help Dad, Ma'... Hump and me are worried about you... We came here for both of you, and we aren't leaving without both of you."
  • Kiddo,

"I just...." Zero starts, "I'm a drek Ma. Even before. Hell, even Jemma took better care of you two. Back when..." you most definitely hear a sniff, "When Vicky and me were sick. I prayed to the gods that they'd save her. An I never pray to the gods. I even asked 'em to take me instead."

"But they took her. They left me here, Kiddo. And they took Vicky. Just like Simon. Why do I keep losing you?" She sobs, "I'm still here."
  • OOC: Woof...
    Q2: How can I make Zero feel loved as a mother?
  • Zero needs time. Anything too sudden and forceful, before she's had a chance to get her bearings, she may not trust it. Her swiss-cheese memory has her questioning anything that's happened in the last year. Even now, she doesn't know for sure if she's talking to you. If this is another lie.

She needs forgiveness. Not words. She needs to be reminded of what has happened, of who she was before this nightmare.

Right now, it would do her a world of good to have human contact. A hug from you, or Hump. For her to just let it out without fear of reprisal or judgment. She's been so hard for so long, she doesn't know how to deal with this loss of identity, or how to deal with being a victim. Or the fact that somebody else had to save her, but that's a minor problem.
  • edited November 2013
    I pause a minute — then slowly, painfully, get up from the bed and shamble my way over to the bars of the cell. I reach around the wall in the direction of her voice with the hand that has her ring on it, and tap it lightly against the metal to get her attention. "We're gunna get through this Ma'... I'm gunna do my damnedest to chat with Nezzy, and buy us some time. If it takes a hundred years, we'll get through this... All of us." Gods know we've been through shit before...

"We're not going anywhere, Ma'..."

OOC: One last question for the road...
    Q3: What does Zero wish Kiddo would do?

Other than save Oliver, for the sake of being explicit.
  • When I see Kiddo getting up, I rush over to her, helping her stand.
  • Kiddo,

You end up holding your hand out long enough for it to shake a bit. Zero's hand slides into yours, but the grip is cold and weak. Zero's normally so strong. You remember when Simon died, she was distant, but never broken. Even when Vicky died, everyone chalked it up to the sickness. But now... this is not like those times.

She wants you to tell her that you are pregnant. She thinks it's true. Through all this, a bit of her hopes it's true.

Stitch,

Santiba finally makes her way towards the door into the brig access hallway, coming to check on you.
  • I hear Santiba open the door, and quickly whisper, "Rinny's the father."
  • Zero squeezes your hand, Kiddo. She doesn't say anything, but her grip says enough.

Santiba walks up, sneering, "What do you want?"
  • "Can I talk to Nezzy? I think I can help her."

OOC: Manipulate Santiba incoming.
  • OOC: Manipulate Santiba. Roll+hot.
    (Rolled: 2d6. Rolls: 3, 3. Total: 6)
  • I look over to Santiba, and add, "and we're both willing, however we can..."

OOC: Helping Stitch. Roll+Hx (currently +1)
    (Rolled: 2d6+1. Rolls: 4, 1. Total: 6)
  • Santiba walks up and kicks your hand, Kiddo. She doesn't mash on it, or try to break anything, just enough to make you let go. And if you try to hold on, Zero pulls her hand back.

"What the frak would you have to say to Nezzy, Stitch?" Santiba laughs, "She need an eye exam? You wanna have her piss inna cup? No, frak you."

She leans in to you, Kiddo, "Now, drop me a jingle, and I'll let her know you two want to plead for your miserable frakking lives. Otherwise, sit here and rot, for all I care. But keep this in mind, Kiddo. I know all about you frakkin Candy Bars. And if you two start lezzing it up in here, Ima curb stomp yer ass, then put all y'all alone in cells! Get me?"
  • She seems more aggressive than necessary- I wonder what's really going on outside the brig. Maybe she's mad she's stuck here babysitting us.

OOC: Read a sitch incoming.
  • OOC: Read a sitch. Roll+sharp. +1xp rolling highlighted
    (Rolled: 2d6+3. Rolls: 6, 4. Total: 13)
  • edited November 2013
    I blew every single bit of jingle I had trying to get that gun back there... I cross my arms, grimacing to mask the pain as I lift my bad arm. I'm tempted to cuddle up next to Stitch to prove I'm not scared of her, but the idea strikes me as childish for some reason... Instead I nod my head and lean my back against the side wall of the cell.
  • OOC: Will Nezzy come to us eventually or will we have to sneak/bribe/fight our way out of this cell?
  • Nezzy is on her way. Santi wants to shake you down and claim responsibility for it.
  • "Fine. We'll rot." I say, staring at Santi. After a moment I stroll over to the bed and sit down, trying to look as bored as possible.

OOC: How do we convince Nezzy to let us out and ally with us?
  • Ok, that surprises even me — I watch Stitch as she backs away from the bars, and goes to sit down... Does she know something I don't?
  • Nezzy wants to run this place. As long as you agree to fight with her and let her become the next hardholder without challenge, she's good with that. She trusts Kiddo's word and respects you.

All of this pisses Santiba off to no end.
  • OOC: How can I make Santiba look bad in front of Nezzy?
  • Tell Nezzy that she threatened you and kicked Kiddo when she was told expressly not to frak with you. Tell Nezzy she asked for a bribe, that would really ruin Santi's day.

If you wanted to get her in trouble with du, tell her that she made a pass at you or Kiddo.
  • Santiba stands there for a moment, then realizes she's staring and says, "Well frak you both." She turns to head out back to the security room.
  • I want to taunt her as she walks away, but I don't want to reveal my hand. It'd be nice if she knew I had some leverage over her, but I want to be able to actually use it in case I need to, so I stay quiet, smiling a little.

I look over at the obviously confused Kiddo. "Patience, grasshopper. She will come to us if we wait."

After a minute I walk over to the terminal. "Tell Saff thanks. Hopefully I'll see you both soon."
  • I look at Stitch all Crosseyed, and whisper, "What's a grasshopper?"
  • edited November 2013
    Stitch,

Already waitig for you at the terminal is the following:
    I really do not like Santiba.

When you tell him the message for Saphire, Metro responds:
    I will count the moments that separate us.

About fiften minutes later, the door opens again. Nesbitts walks in, followed by du, Santi and Audi. Nezzy says, "Hey, Santi, I told you to open the frakkin door when I got here." She walks up to you both, "Kiddo, Stitch. Can we chat? You want somethin to eat? I brought some drek from the galley." The cell door pops open.

What do you do?
  • I'm shocked to see Nezzy show up, as if on cue from Stitch's prediction — but I've learned that Stitch is right about a great deal of things, so I don't give it much thought.

If not for the fact that I'm frakking starving, despite being nauseous as hell, I probably would never touch another piece of food from that frakking cursed galley — baby thinks differently though, and I'm beginning to learn that baby can make me hurt if I ignore it...

I look to the food, a little voraciously, and nod. "What's on your mind, Nezz?"
  • "Of course." I answer her first question, standing up. "Thank you. That would be great."
  • Nezzy and her crew lead you into the Brig Security room. There are fresh plates of salad, some spicy meat, beer and some water there. Three plates. Nezzy sits down to eat with both of you. The food is good. Not as good as it was for Branigans, but tasty.

After you're halfway done with the meal, Nezzy starts the conversation, "I want to figure out how we can all make this drek situation work out to benefit us all. Are you interested?"
  • "Absolutely." I reply. I think about saying more, but I remember chewing her out while I was working on Kiddo, so I keep my mouth shut for now.
  • I'm probably eating a little faster than Stitch and Nezzy... Y'know... Practice... but anyway, I do stop when she starts talking. I nod a few times to show I'm interested, and look over to Stitch — this was her idea, and she's the one with the most to offer this place.
  • Nezzy takes a swig of the bottle of Scope's beer and smiles, "Good. Listen, the thing with Branigans, as far as I'm concerned with you two, bygones. I don't even wanna talk about it. That work for you?"
  • ... "What about my Ma'?" I ask, eagerly.
  • I nod to Nezzy- I couldn't reasonably ask for more on that score.
  • Nezzy takes another swig, "Let's talk about us, first. Yeah? Let's talk about what we can do. Then we'll figure out what to do with Zero." She gives you a serious look, "There's a whole lotta hate for her in here. With Branny gone, she's the next best. You feel me?"
  • That's not good... I bite my lip nervously, and put my fork down — giving this conversation the attention it deserves. I nod, "then let's talk about what we can do."
  • Nezzy keeps eating, letting both of you do the same, but in between bites, she says, "Branny had a bunch of folks under thumb. I've taken care of the ones I knew about, but there's more than I knew. I'm lookin for some folks I can trust to get this thing settled before it bubbles up out of control."

She takes a drink, then adds, "What are you willing to do to help me secure this place, and what do you want for it?"
  • I'm surprised by her frankness- and impressed. She'll be a good leader. I wonder how Bran recruited her.

"I can help you sniff out the others. The Candies can help you with them if you need guns." I glance over at Kiddo- hoping she doesn't mind me doing the talking for her and her girls. "I'd like to stay on and work with Janco in the infirmary. I can teach her how to use the equipment."
  • I look to Stitch a minute, letting her add her two cents, then answer, "my girls are always eager to get paid, and brag about doing good works... That, and I'm suspect number one for ending Branny... If I'm around, they're bound to fall out of the woodwork eventually, right?"

I stop a minute, and rub my tummy — I'm still stiff from the operation, and baby's complaining that I'm not eating the food. "I just want my family to be safe, Nezzy... That's all I've ever wanted. If working with you keeps them safe — all of them — then I'll work with you."
  • "Alright then, I like these terms." Nezzy says, and then she does this weird half smile. She doesn't seem to have the muscles for a real one. She eats some more.

As she wipes at the corners of her mouth, she says, "Stitch, train up Janco, show her the ropes. The infirmary is yours. Kiddo, we'll keep your family safe, but for now, Zero doesn't leave this level. Fair?"
  • I nod, "Fair."
  • "Fair." I agree. Her smile makes me a bit worried, but really- what else can we do?
  • edited November 2013
    Nezzy stands up, "Alright. You're free to go then. Kiddo, you can bring the Candies into this level or keep them in The Bay, split em up, whatever. If they want to stay anywhere else, we can sort it out, but most places aren't completely safe until Stitch helps us sniff out the moles Branny left for us."

She narrows her eyes a bit, then looks back at her people, "All of y'all, step out. I want to chat with them privately." Audi leaves right off, but Santi's offended. du sticks by her.

Santi says, "This is drek, Nez. Me and du been with you for fifteen frakkin years, and now you don't trust us?"

Nezzy's hand hovers ner her gun, "Branigans was with us the same time, Santi. Now step out."

What do you do?
  • I keep my mouth shut. This is Nezzy's show, not mine. And I'm not gonna tattle on Santi just because she pissed me off.
  • I look over to Santi and grin. Curb stomp us my ass – this bitch is suspect. "go on, sweetie. You ain't got no prisoners no more... Go home to your boy Du, and let us big girls chat."
  • "Frak you," Santi spits. She isn't armed, Nezzy is, so she just walks out, giving Nezzy a glare.

Then its just the three of you. Nezzy says, "I know. Bitch is on my short list. Stitch, can you heal them?"
  • "I don't know." I answer honestly. "I will try my damnedest- Zero seemed to come out of it when she saw Ollie, and Bran had her brain all kinds of twisted up. We gotta find them all, first."

I don't know how I would even start, honestly. Get a cut and I can stitch it up no problem, but I don't even know what the hell Bran was doing. I'll do what I can, though. Always.
  • I think on it a minute, and lean forward, "I know a guy that might be able to help with that..."
  • Nezzy says, "No time like the present. Ima bring in Audi." She heads out of the room, closing the door behind her.

What do you do?
  • edited November 2013
    I look to Stitch a little nervously... "I'm gunna go open the door for my Ma', and fill her in... You want a few Candies to help keep watch over your new infirmary?"
  • I nod. "Yeah. Hopefully Metro or Saff will come up, too." I reply.
  • I put a hand on her shoulder, using her as a brace to rise to my feet. "Send one of the girls down for them — I'll check in on you in a bit, OK?"
  • "Aren't I supposed to say that to you?" I smile at her, giving her my best exasperated doctor face.
  • I kiss her on the top of the head, and pat her shoulder, "Oh, I'll be coming to you, sweetie, don't you worry about that."
  • Alright, Stitch, let's custom move this.

When you go looking for Bran's brain-frakked victims, roll +Weird.
    On a hit, you ferret out the bad apple from the bunch. On a 7-9, you find one, but something happened and you need to Act Under Fire.
    On a miss, there aren't any of them here. Nope, they're all fine.
  • Kiddo,

You head through the door into the hall and end up outside your mother's cell door. She's lying on her bunk, curled up, turned away from you in the dark.

What do you do?
  • OOC: looking for Bran's moles. Roll+weird. +1xp rolling highlighted.
    (Rolled: 2d6+3. Rolls: 4, 4. Total: 11)
  • I walk down the hall, and slowly slide my Ma's cell door open... I've never seen her this bad before... It reminds me of those days after my first kill. I can only imagine what she's going through...

I quietly pad over to her bunk, and sit next to her — laying a hand on her bicep. "Ma'? I struck a deal for the family."
  • Stitch,

Guess what? Santi isn't one of Bran's victims. She's just a bitch. du and Audi are good, too. Any disloyalty they might have is due to their own personal choice.

Kiddo,

It takes a bit before Zero answers. She doesn't roll over, doesn't look up. "You can't trust Nezzy. You never could."
  • I smile and rub her shoulder, "which is why we're holing up with Stitch in her fancy new infirmary while we fix this mess we're in. She said she wanted you to stay put on this level while things get sorted out... We're going to play ball, Ma'. Dad needs this place stable while Stitch fixes him up, and I'm going to make sure it's safe for him."

I take a deep breath, and gently give her a hug without moving her. "Remember that time Hump broke one of Dad's guitar strings, and he cried all day thinking he'd broken the guitar forever?" I sniffle, and smirk, "this is like that, yeah? Sure it looks bad now — but soon enough we'll re-string the guitar, and Hump'll stop crying."
  • Kiddo,

She flinches when you hug her. "Fine, that's fine. I'll play along. Just take care of Ollie." Zero says. She smells like she hasn't bathed since she was brought here, she's still in that nice outfit. "Can I... have some time alone?"
  • ... I thought she needed that... Oh... Ok...

I sigh, and nod. "I'm going to grab Vee, and chill in the security room to make sure nobody bothers you. When you're ready, just come on out... Ok?"
  • Kiddo,

"Ok," Zero answers quietly. As you head out of the room, she says, "I'll be alright, Kiddo. Stop worrying about me. I just want some time alone."

You leave her, because what else can you do?

Where do you go next?
  • I poke my head in the infirmary to grab Vee, and pull her back into the Brig's security checkpoint... I know my Ma' said I didn't have to worry, but I'm more worried about whoever thinks she's the "next best thing." I could use some alone time with my girl anyway...
  • Kiddo,

You head out and catch VB sitting in the waiting room. She's sitting at one of the surprisingly comfy couches with a small girl, showing her "the leg". It's pretty cute, actually. The girl is maybe eight, and she's got a bandage around her left hand, completely around it, there might be a finger or two missing. She's listening to VB as she talks about "the leg", "It's not so bad, Valor. Really, I mean, normal people can't hide chocolate M and Ms in their leg, can they"

"Well," Valor says in a timid voice, "they could have, you know, pockets."

VB quirks a frown, stymied for a second, but then she says, "Well, I can wear pants with pockets, too..." That's when the girl notices you. So VB follows her gaze, and she looks up at you.

She practically leaps off the couch to come up to you, but pulls up short from tackling you, and instead, hugs you, "Kiddo!" You pull her back into the Brig's Security checkpoint after Stitch finishes up with her "sweep" of Nezzy's folks and she's asking, "Are you okay? Did they hurt you? Is Zee alright?"
  • Stitch,

Please go here
  • I walk up to the pair, silently pleased at how Vee's reaching out to little Valor. I cringe a little when it looks like Vee's going to tackle me, but I relax when it turns into a nice, gentle hug. I give her a kiss, and pull her back to the security checkpoint. "I'm ... I'm alright. I got shot..." I point to the bandage poking through the hole in my shirt, "here," then to the hole in my pants, "and here. So just... I'm even more tender than usual, yeah? But I think I'm alright... Everything's alright. Baby is OK, apparently." I laugh stiffly, and take a seat on the bench in the lounge.

I look down the hall at the mention of Ma's name, and quirk a frown, "Ma's... Well... She needs some time alone. She's taking all this really hard... That asshole Branigans really frakked with her head."
  • Kiddo,

VB listens, helps you take a seat on the bench, sits right beside you. She looks down the hall when you mention your Ma. She's making sympathetic noises and showing interest, but there's an underlying giddiness about her. She's so incredibly happy to see you, that you're okay.

"I have been so worried, Kiddo," she says finally when you've unloaded. "Momma, you gotta take it easy, okay? Baby is prolly as tough as her parents, but you gotta watch your adorable ass, ok?
  • I don't expect Vee to be that worried about Ma'... She knows her as the bad ass Candy that's survived more death than a normal person should... She doesn't know what happened. I don't want to show her that world... I'll help Ma' whenever I can, with whatever I can — but Gramma's going to be looking after Ma' enough for the both of us... So I might as well just focus on my own little family for now.

Anyway... Considering I just got my "adorable ass" shot, I'm not arguing against the "take it easy" sentiment. "Soon enough I'm not going to have much say in the matter, I guess... We're going to stay put here a little while, Vee... At least until Dad's better — maybe until the baby's born, if it takes that long. I've got some work to do here — and it'll be a little dangerous, I'd bet — but then I think we should start talking about finding Rinny, and settling this family of ours down..."
  • VB nods, "Flash, Kiddo. I kinda like it here. I mean, it's a little cramped, but the food is good, and they have juice, too. And we can't leave Ollie until he's better, anyway. I say... as long as I don't have to sleep alone anymore, this is a good plan." She leans into hug you, then nuzzles playfully against your neck.
  • I smirk, and lift her chin to catch her gaze. "I promise we can get back to sleeping together real soon..." I plant a gentle kiss on her lips, and brush some hair out of her face. "So long as you promise to take it gentle for a while..."
  • edited November 2013
    VB kisses back, all soft, not hurried at all. When you push those stray hairs out of her face she looks up at you with that sparkle in her eye. She grins back at you and says, "Listen here, you. I said I didn't want to sleep alone anymore. It doesn't mean I wanna frak you, alright? I mean, you're all shot up, and I don't know if anybody told you, but you're getting just a little bit fat..."

She holds a serious tone for maybe a few seconds before she snickers, "I'm kidding! I love you, Kiddo. Whatever you need, you say. I mean, gentle, just holding, just nearby, I don't care. I just don't wanna be away from you. I don't wanna be alone anymore. OK?"
  • My jaw drops in mock harm when she jokingly pokes fun at my weight — but I quickly smile and giggle with her when she breaks character. I nod, "you and me both, hon... You and me both." I give her another gentle peck, "now... You're not really hiding M&M's in your leg, are you?"
  • VB gives you a wry look, "Have you heard about me going into heat and partying like a wild child? No, you haven't."