Hi, all! My name is Adam and I'll be MCing this shindig. This is a game of "The Veil" by Fraser Simons. It's a character-driven Cyberpunk game, PbtA, and super keen. It mashes together elements of Apocalypse World, Dungeon World, and Monsterhearts in a very intriguing way — all while paying homage to the introspective "big-question" heritage of the Cyberpunk genre. We'll be building the setting from scratch once character creation is done. I don't have any expectations in terms of game duration, but I expect it to be paced like a 3-4 act movie.
You can download the player handouts here
Please peruse the list, and lay claim to your preferences in the chat!
Because PbtA inevitably touches on some very sensitive subjects, The Veil suggests we have a conversation about game expectations. Please take the time to answer the following questions so we can get a sense of the tone of the game.
• What is your availability for this game? (Post rates, days off, etc)
• What is this game going to be rated? AO? R? PG?
• What would you like to focus on in the tone of the fiction: emotions, interpersonal play/drama, philosophical introspection, action-packed, lighthearted fun?
• Any lines/veils you want on the table?
• What works come to your mind when you think of playing this game? What tropes would you like to hit/avoid?
For the record, I'm available most weekdays during the day, and after 8pm. My weekends are touchy, but I'll try and make an appearance at least once per day. I'm comfortable with any and everything in terms of rating. I'm most heavily inspired by Ghost in the Shell (Movies & TV), Caprica, Almost Human, Mr Robot, Blade Runner, aspects of The Matrix, and games like Transistor, Hyper Light Drifter, and Mass Effect (to a degree).