[Junk XIII] Morning Glory? (P 6-3)

edited December 2013 in Junkworld XIII
Proper,

you wake the next morning to the smell of coffee and some fried meat, smells like bacon. Tulle's just returned from down the hall with a couple plate-fulls of food. She's not wearing any make-up, wearing one of your shirts and a pair of cut-off jeans cut into short-shorts. She gives you a sly look and walks over to the desk-space against the wall and puts down the plates of food, then walks over with a cup of steaming hot coffee, "Morning Proper."

Comments

• Good gods what that girl does to me! I smirk at her, sure she sees me eyeing her up and down. "Morning Tulle."

A little voice in the back of my head is screaming at me- I can't have feelings for one of my crew. It's a terrible idea. Nobody is supposed to get past my showman veneer. My smile falters for a second and I take the cup and sip at it.
  • She walks back to get her own cup of coffee, then climbs onto the bed, sitting cross-legged near your feet. After a few quiet sips, she says casually, "Braun came to see me again. I told him he had to come through you, so you'll need to set something up." She takes another sip, like she's gauging your reaction. Then, "I think he's really into me, he's started just laying there talking... you know, after. And he's one of those guys who works all the time, you know? So of course, that's all he has to talk about. Anything... you wanna know? I could find out, for you."
  • One of my eyebrows perks up at her mention of Braun. When I first started my establishment, I was one of those guys- all work and no play. When I started frakking for fun instead of just auditioning is things got a lot more interesting.

Why wouldn't he be interested in her? She's gorgeous and maybe the best lay I've had after Silk. I jolt of something goes through me for just a second- is that... jealousy? I stuff that drek down. "I'm still getting the lay of the land here. Maybe just pass on anything you find interesting?" I also don't want her pumping him for information so soon. I prefer to be more subtle.
  • edited November 2013
    She takes a few more sips as you answer and then when you both sit in silence. Then she offers, "Braun works for Bacardi for the jingle, that's it. He's been picking through the new arrivals at The Bay for folk who don't have the patience for security work, but don't mind hurting others for money. He uses them for collecting debts for Bacardi. He gets anything on top of whatever is owed to Bacardi, so his leg-breakers are real good at charging interest."

She hops up from the bed, "Ooh, almost forgot!" She pads over to fetch your plate of food and hers, then comes back to the bed, "You mind if we eat on your bed?" She sits down, her plate on the bed, picks over some of the food, nibbling and watching you ear.
  • "Mmm." I say between sips of coffee. That is interesting."Not at all." I answer her.

I'm glad I'm not on the bad side of Braun. I've been in enough fights- stepping in when my crew is in trouble- but I'd rather not get my hands dirty. Well... not like that, anyway.

• edited November 2013
    Tulle makes some idle conversation as you eat. Nothing work related, she doesn't like to talk about work, really. When you finish, she grabs your plate up with hers and takes it over to the desk again. She starts shedding clothing, and yes, its a little showy. She wants you to watch. "Proper..." she says with a husky voice, "I'm all dirty from last night's fun. Ima take a shower. You wanna join me?" She smirks, like her sexy talk is just a game you're playing.

I assume you join her? What's this high tech shower like, Proper?

As you're in the shower, she of course has you wash her back, and she kisses you quite a bit, more slow exploration kisses than stoking passion. I mean, she'll respond if you push for something more.

At some point when things cool, she looks up to ask, "How'd you get in this biz, Proper? The girls all wonder, since, you know, you're an amazing frak. Did you do this, you know, before?"
  • Of course I watch. I lean back- lovely view. "Of course I'll join you, but you may end up dirtier than you started..." I saunter over to her and put my hands on her bare hips.

The shower has multiple jets- quite a fancy deal, there's even a dial for steam, but we make enough of that on our own.

I definitely respond to her, but I don't push for more. This is a new experience for me- I've always been a considerate lover, but it's been confined to the bedroom. Or the shower. Or, you know, pretty much anywhere while frakking. But to care about a person outside of sex... That's new.

"I was sold into it, yes." I tell her. "I learned quickly to perform, and when an opportunity arose, I seized it." Of course, I had earned out by then and could have merely walked away, but I wanted to make my captors pay. And pay they did...

I smile, but instead of a smirk, it's predatory.
  • She listens to you answer, then stops the shower. She looks up at you, "Ever worry about someone seizing your opportunity?"
  • "Not much." I tell her while towelling off. "I treat my crew a lot better, and I rotate them more often. Nobody has nine years to stew about it."

That's why I don't keep crew on more than about five years. I got no beef with folks wanting a better life- hell, I do, too. But I'm only going to be a stepping stone for those who work with me. Sure, maybe the jingle is stacked against them for a while- but in the end they earn out or someone buys them or I kick them out. Nobody gets too close...

Frak. Why am I telling her? I should know better...
  • "Yeah? I guess five is better than nine.... but we don't know that, you know?" she muses while grabbing a towel and patting herself dry, watching you as you do the same. "I worry about Velvet sometimes. He's sneaky." She watches your reaction.
  • I screen the talent I hire. They come to me and I never buy them, no matter how cheap. Sure, it makes things harder, but its my own sort of code. I was an orphan sold in at 9 years old. At 18 I killed the two guys who'd bought me and forced me to service anyone who payed. It took a few years to get my own business going, but I'm damn good at it and the way I run things works.

My common sense is coming back to me- the haze of sex and feelings wearing off. "I do know." I cut her off. "He is, but he's not your problem."

I want to ask her to go back to Braun tonight but I can't bring myself to do it. Feelings are bad for business.
  • edited November 2013
    Tulle senses the shift in tone, and she looks away, "Sorry, Proper. I wasn't... telling you what to do. You're right, it's not my problem." She goes back to patting herself dry, with more efficient, less showy motions. She heads into the room to start dressing, the spell between you broken.

What do you do?
  • I grab my flask and take a long swig and stalk out of the room, searching for a fight or a frak- I don't care which I find.
  • Well, gosh, Proper, this late in the morning, it's much easier to fight than frak.

As you're headed to Chef's, right in the hallway, you come upon a lady named Santiba and Chiffon. Evidently, some drek went down, because Santiba just clocked Chiffon with a wicked little club, and he dropped to the floor, holding his cheek. Her back is to you, Chiffon hasn't seen you, either.

Santiba says, "And stay the frak down, whore." She's watching him to make sure he's compliant.

What do you do?
  • I nearly clock her in the back of the head, but the businessman in me stops my hand.

"Why the hell are you hitting my people?!?" I shout at her- not getting in her face... yet.

OOC: Everybody eats, even that guy incoming.
  • OOC: Everybody eats. Roll+hot. +1xp rolling highlighted.
    (Rolled: 2d6+2. Rolls: 4, 1. Total: 7)
  • OOC: How can I get to Santiba, physically or emotionally?
  • Santiba whips around, club at the ready, sees you. She says with a sneer, "Frak you, pimp. You keep your pretty mouth shut, or you may lose some teeth."

You saw du Maurier with Velour last night. He took her for a private dance. Santiba wasn't around.
  • I smile a wicked smile. "Shall we start again?" I say calmly. "My name is Proper, and I'd like to know why you are assaulting one of my crew." I ask her.

The smile stays, but it's just in my mouth. My eyes are calculating- trying to figure out the best way to diffuse this situation.
  • She hasn't lowered the club, "I'm Santiba. I beat the heads of assholes who cause trouble in the Ascendant. Your whore," she points with her off hand back towards Chiffon, who is quietly trying to crawl back out of her way, "got lippy. Your whore. Was being an asshole. So Proper, are you going to be an asshole?" She gives you a challenging look.
  • "My whore has a name. Chiffon." I correct her. "If he was violating some law here, or endangering your or your people- I'm going to turn around and walk away. But if you're telling me you're trying to beat the frak out of an honest business person because you didn't like what he was saying... then I might have to be an asshole." My eyes narrow. "Just protecting my investments, you understand." I do a little showman's bow.

OOC: Read a person incoming.
  • OOC: Read Santiba. Roll+sharp. +1xp rolling highlighted.
    (Rolled: 2d6+1. Rolls: 5, 6. Total: 12)
  • edited November 2013
    Santiba glares at you, the club still at the ready, "Honest business person? Yeah, I believe that, you disease-ridden piece of drek. You should be thankful I didn't break his frakkin jaw, Proper. Your whore Chiffon made eyes at me, and he thought he could get a rise out of me. So guess what? He frakkin did. And the rise he got was a beat down. Now, if you wanna talk laws, then you should bring that drek to the Council. They're workin on new rules on public beatdowns. But for right now? Well, for right now, it's my word against his."

She steps closer, getting in your face, she's just a little shorter than you, so she looks up a bit, "Has Chiffon got the ear of the right people here? I sincerely doubt it. So, business person. How do you want to play this?"
  • Ah, I understand now. There's nothing quite so bothersome as not having enough information.

"Please, tell me if I've got this right." I start, not flinching or moving an inch when she gets in my face. I even tilt my head to the side for effect. I speak quietly- this is between her and me. "You are angry about du Maurier booking one of my girls and thought you'd take it out someone. Santiba, that is positively juvenile."

OOC: What is Santiba feeling? (1/3)
  • Her mouth tightens into a thin line when you call her out. But she's not the kind for backing down. "Yeah, Proper the Pimp. One of your whore frakked MY man. You cut this off, keep them away, and there will be no more juvenile outbursts for you to worry about. But... if you want to do some business and ignore my warning?" Her mouth turns up into a wicked grin, "I'll throw one fuckton of a tantrum."

Santiba is reeling. She's worried that Velour is prettier than her, younger than her, a better lay than her. That she's losing du after being with him this long. That she'll end up alone.
  • edited November 2013
    "I always want to do business, Santiba." I say slyly. I swallow the next sentence that nearly comes out- that it's not Velour's fault that Santiba can't keep him entertained. But that will not help me right now. I keep my hands at my sides, though I'd really feel more comfortable with that knife I've got in the back of my pants.

"I am nothing if not accommodating. If you would like me to inform du Maurier that his jingle is not welcome... well then you're going to have to make me an offer for that service."

OOC: How can I get Santiba to agree to this deal, rather than just beating the shit out of me and mine?(2/3)
  • Santiba cocks her head to the side, "What? You want me to frak one o' your boy whores? Is that your turnabout is fair play pitch? You're one hell of a salesman, Pimp Proper. No, here's the deal I offer. Here's my service. Every night where du doesn't frak one of your whores, the next morning, all your people will have nice quiet breakfasts. How's that deal, Pimp Proper?"

You can feel it, she's bluffing. She's pushing too hard now. If you take it to Nezzy, she'll be forced to back down. But, she can't exactly afford to pay you a jingle every time du comes sniffing around, because du won't lose any jingle, so he may keep coming back. So either trump her and make her an enemy with a muzzle, or let her offer some kind of protection or understanding or maybe an ear to the hardholder, in exchange for cutting du off, and she'll actually play nice.
  • I'm actually amused by her interpretation of my offer. Why on earth would I want her to frak any of my crew?

"How about this?" I counter, smiling. "You agree to offer me something worth my time- like information or favors, hell, even protection- and I won't take this little matter to Nezzy. I'll cut du off and it'll be our little secret." I make the last few words breathy- not even a whisper.
  • Santiba lowers the club. It's one of those things with a metal haft and a spring with a bolt on the end that you can flick out and it locks. She reaches down to twist it, putting the whole thing back together, placing it in a pocket, all without breaking eye contact. It's a smooth move, practiced, something she's done many, many times.

She takes a breath, exhales through her nostrils, "Alright. That sounds about right. We'll work something out, then. Me and you. Cut du off, and we're friendly again." She waits to hear if that's the deal you're offering, since you left her services sort of wide open.
  • OOC: Is she telling the truth? (3/3)
  • She won't stick her neck out for you, not until she's in deep. But she'll feed you some choices details from up top if there's something you wanna know. And she is happy to beat heads for you.
  • I nod and stick my hand out to shake, though I half expect her to not want to. "I do love to make friends." I smile widely. "We have a deal."
  • Santiba gives you a sidelong look. Then she takes your hand, gives you a firm grip, and stalks off.

Chiffon finally stands up, touching his cheek gingerly, "Thanks, Proper. I was... kind of stuck. Didn't know if I should fight back or. Or what?"
  • "Yeah," I say sympathetically. I didn't know what the frak to do, either. "Sorry about that. How's it feel? Broken?" I ask, looking at his injury. He's gonna have a black eye any minute now.

That's just... I must have gotten soft at Armour. We knew our place and everybody else, did, too. Sure, people drank too much and got rowdy, but my crew didn't get beat up cause somebody's feelings got hurt. I'm going to have to look into better security. I dig my hands in my pockets- they feel too light already.
  • Chiffon's closing his eye, it's already a little swollen, "I need to get some ice on it. You think Silk can mask this? If not, I could wear that cute little mask Velvet made, you know his robber one? I'm okay, Proper. I don't think its broken. I may go to the clinic, just to make sure." He looks frustrated and a little embarrassed to have caused trouble.

"I didn't do anything, Proper," he offers. "She asked about Velour, and I thought maybe she wanted to, you know, hire her. And then I said she might be interested in entertaining both her and du, and she just thwacked me."
  • "I know you didn't, Chiffon- you were just trying to drum up jingle. And I appreciate that." I tell him. I'm pissed, but in an entirely different way than I was five minutes ago. Santiba was beating on my crew. "This place is different than Armour. I'm gonna have to get the crew together and lay down some rules or something. Can't have everyone with a short fuse taking it out on my people."

I start walking towards the clinic with him. "Come on, I'll walk you to the clinic." No way in hell I'm going back to my room right now. I'd either frak Tulle's brains out like she's my employee or start talking about feelings. I shudder. Neither of those things are gonna happen today.
  • Chiffon tries to talk you into going on his own, but you're not having it, right?

So you walk with him to the clinic. A pleasantly plump nurse in genuinely white and clean clothes named Weetabix ushers you both to a temporary room. She acts like this is her lucky day. She asks Chiffon, "Alright, sweetie, can you tell me what happened?"

Chiffon looks to you, nor sure how to field that one.

What do you do?
  • Nope, I won't stay with him if he really doesn't want me there, but I want to make sure he's ok.

"He was on the business end of someone's bad temper." I say flatly, my tone suggesting that's all I'm going to say about it. "And a club." I add, realizing that might help her assessment.
  • Weetabix nods, not pressing. She turns back to Chiffon, checking him over. She says, "We're low on pain meds right now. I would offer some root, but that would take chewing. Are you okay with the pain, sweetie?"

He nods, "I'm okay, really. Something to keep the swelling down is all I need."

Weetabix heads out to get some ice. She notices you're looking like you're going to bolt, and she says, "I want the doctor to check out his eye before he goes. Can you keep him here, Proper?"
  • I nod- not like either of us has somewhere to be this early in the morning. Gods- I don't even know what time it is. I wonder where Tulle went off to...

"Sure." I reply to Weetabix, shaking my head away from that thought.
  • A couple minutes later, this lady comes up with a lab coat and a tablet.
    Janco

She gives you a nod, and offers a hand, "Hi, I'm Doc Janco. I hear your friend got hit with a club by a random caveman?"
  • I shake her hand. "Yeah, something like that." I reply, having to resist the urge to add that it was a cavewoman.
  • Janco heads in to check out Chiffon. She looks at him, then back at you, "Wow, where the hell did you two hotties come from? I think I need to admit you both. heh." She moves in to check on his eye. Chiffon looks over to you, he's grinning.
  • See, now- this is how I'm accustomed to being treated. I turn on my flash smile. "We came from Armour, but Doc- you're pretty hot, yourself." My eyes flick up and down- but just for a second. Not everyone appreciates that. "Admit away..." I tell her, smirking.
  • That gives her a little smile she tries to hide as she returns to work on Chiffon. After shining a light in his eye and gently touching the area, she says, "It isn't broken, just bruised. You're lucky. A cold compress should keep the swelling down. Try to avoid clubs in the future."

Chiffon grins a little, "Does Chef's count? As a club?"

Janco clicks off her little light and puts it in her lab coat, "Only if someone can clobber you over the head with it."

She taps on her tablet a couple times, then looks at you, Proper. "Keep him out of trouble, ok?" She looks up at you, and that nervous smile sneaks in again, sort of ruining her practiced demeanor she was trying to slide into just now.
  • I laugh at Janco's reply to Chiffon- the tension in my face finally relaxing for maybe the first time since I left Tulle in my room.

"I will." I nod. "Any time you wanna get in some trouble- the fun kind- you let me know. I'm Proper." I say it suggestively, but with a light touch.
  • Janco nods, afraid to say anything out loud. Chiffon heads out with you, and once you're past the waiting room and into the lift, he says, "I can't believe that was free! Way to work it, boss." He's holding an ice pack to his face and grinning.
  • I smile back at him. I'm not sure exactly why that didn't cost us any jingle- I doubt it was because of my flirting, though.

"What now? Got plans?" I ask him. "If you see the other crew- let 'em know I want to talk to them... Maybe the blue room in a couple hours?" We decorated each of the private rooms- one is red, one is blue. I'm not going to talk to my crew at Chef's where anyone could hear us.
  • Chiffon shrugs, "I was going to get Velvet's mask, then check in with Velour on our act. I think we have almost got it. I'm pretty excited. I'll tell everyone about the meet. Is it about the, uh, thing with Santiba? Or something else?"
  • "Yeah, mostly her. Lay of the land stuff. We're gonna have to tread lighter around here for a while- I was lucky I found you when I did, she coulda done much worse." I smile at his excitement for the new routine- the shows are much better when the cast enjoys themselves.

"Thanks. Lemme know if you need anything?" I ask, meaning it. I feel bad that he got beat up for something that didn't have anything to do with him. He'll get special treatment for a few days- I don't trot that out often, but it happens.
  • You both exit the lift and head your separate ways. Chiffon thanks you for the offer, but says he doesn't need anything else right now.

Shall we skip ahead to the meeting with the crew? They've gathered up in the blue room and are chatting amiably when you come in. Tooheys is giving Silk a foot massage, Velour and Chiffon are working through a couple steps, Satin is listening to some music on a small player she suddenly now has.

What do you say to them?
  • I glance around, not looking for Tulle. "Gang- I'm sure you all heard about Chiffon's run in with Santiba this morning..." I start. "I worked it out, but I still don't like my people getting hurt, much less for drek that's not their fault."

I run a hand through my hair. I can motivate individuals just fine, but a whole group... not my forte. "I dunno. Maybe we should stick together? Until we figure out our place here- or they figure out some rules for not beating people because you're mad at your man." I want their input- they are the ones with their ears to the ground, so to speak.

"What do you think? Heard anything? Seen anything?" I ask, looking around for Velvet. He'd know...
  • Velvet is sitting on the bed, gently brushing Tulle's hair. He says matter-of-factly, "If we want to get anywhere, Nescafe and Chufi are the guys with the keys to the kingdom. Nescafe's engineers have access to all levels, for repairs and the like. And Chufi's trash crew is all around. Nescafe is... an honorable man. I'm still working on Chufi, but he seems to like girls, not boys." He quirks a smile, it just flashes on his face, "For some reason, he doesn't trust me." Tulle snickers at that.

Tooheys speaks out of turn, "Their gardener's name is Beneful, he's all pissed off about thieves in his garden."

Velour brags, "I could have du eating out of my hand, if you want, Proper. The poor boy is sick to death of Santi, wants a new thing."

Satin offers, "There's a guy named Metro, he's a whizz with tech, big time. They say he rebuilt a bunch of systems in here, and he wanders around alone all the time at night."

Chiffon brings them back to your point, "I don't think we can walk around with bodyguards, Proper. We need to cozy up to either Santi and du's gang, or try to get protection from the North Candies."

Satin cuts in, "Frak the Candies!" She's angry about them. What did they do to her, Proper?

What do you do?
  • I listen to each of them in turn.

I'm very pleased with what Velvet has found out- but that's Velvet. I wink at him. "Maybe Tulle can work on Chufi?" I say it to Velvet, not Tulle.

I glare at Tooheys, then give Silk a look like can you keep your pet quiet?

"No, we're cutting du off-" I tell Velour. "Santi's gonna either float us protection or info for that and I'm happy to do it- none of us should get in between that pair." She's put out, sure, but Santi might have beat her up or worse if she'd kept dancing for du.

"What's his deal?" I ask Satin. "I haven't seen him at Chef's."

"No." I agree with Chiffon. "I can't afford a bodyguard for each of you. For now our protection comes through Braun- Bacardi and I are working out a deal." I hate to ask them to stick to their rooms and Chef's, but it may come to that.

"Just watch yourselves, yeah? Santi would have done worse and that had nothing to do with Chiffon." I'm still pissed about that. I'm not above dealing with her, but if the right chance comes around, I'll stab her in the back.

I heard the Candies were hazing Satin in the cafeteria- messing with her and such. Stealing her food, even? Satin might be the softest crew I got- even Silk's got speed and experience with a knife. I can't straighten that out for her, though- then she'd always be the girl who's pimp had to fix drek for her.

I'm not sure how I feel about the Candies yet. I haven't officially met any. I'm looking forward to that interaction, though. I do love to meet new people.
  • Velvet glances over at Tulle, who nods, "Yeah, I'll work on him." She probably didn't say it to hurt you, but it feels like it, a little, right?

Silk raises her brows in surprise, as if to say What? She offered help, she's a good pet."

Velour doesn't have a rebuttal, she'll move on to other targets, no problem.

Satin, though, she says unsure, "I dunno. I think he's scared of girls, Proper. Maybe Velvet or Chiffon can tackle him?"
  • It sure as hell hurts, and that pisses me off. Stupid frakking feelings.

I laugh at Satin's assessment of Metro. "Poor man- hasn't ever been with a professional! Yeah, feel him out if you run into him, but don't go after him- plenty of folk coming to us to give us jingle."
  • Chiffon asks, "Proper, with all the folks coming around, should we start ticking up prices, bit by bit?"

Silk laughs, "Yes, like we did at Walmart. Gods, we made a killing there!"

Satin says, "Till they ran us out on a rail. I like this place, let's not get too greedy."
  • I may have to start rotating crew. These guys have mostly been with me for a few years, but they're starting to think they know how things work. Maybe they do, but there's not room for two ringleaders. I let out a frustrated breath.

"No. We want to stay here for a while- this place is drawing folk in like flies to light. We're gonna set things up with Bacardi first, then we'll think about raising prices."

We've got Silk's debut tomorrow night- a very special performance. I want us to get our feet firmly underneath us before we start rocking this boat.
  • The meeting meanders a bit, I mean, these are basically artist types, right? Not that terribly organized most of the time.

Let's skip ahead a bit.

-------------------------

You're at Chef's drinking something... what is it? Coffee? Alcohol? Something else? The lunch crowd has died down and you're sitting there at a table, by yourself. Do you read to pass the time? Or are you watching people?

Doc Janco comes into the room. You don't recognize her right off without the lab coat. She's not dressed up, just in a shirt and slacks, nothing fancy. She looks around, spots you, gives you a tight, nervous smile, then sort of stands there, a little stuck.

What do you do?
  • Come on- it's coffee and alcohol. I like to have a book with me, but I mostly people watch. It's so interesting, how much you can tell about a person from just looking at them...

I grin right back at her- oh, yes. This is exactly what I need right now. I'd intended to set her up with Chiffon- or one of the girls if that's her thing- but frak it. I stand up and wave her over.
  • edited December 2013
    Janco swallows, then smiles a little wider and walks over. "Hi Proper. I thought I'd get some lunch. Are you busy?"
  • "Hello there, Doctor. Please, sit." I let one hand hover over the small of her back until she sits- letting my fingers touch her for a fraction of a second. "For you I'd clear my whole day... or night." I say the last bit suggestively, but also slightly jokey- I'm not sure what she likes yet.
  • Janco doesn't flinch from your touch. She also doesn't quip back about the "all night" comment, but she caught it.

Barilla comes over, takes her order. She orders a burger and fries, a new item here. It's expensive, too. She takes a drink of her cup of coffee, "So Proper... tell me about yourself."
  • Normally I'd like to get her talking about herself, but I don't mind fluffing up my feathers from time to time.

"Me and my crew came here from Armour- we'd been there for almost a year. Before that we moved around- Salt, Cat for a bit, Boomtown, Walmart. Built my business up from nothing. Some folk look down on what we do, but that don't stop them from patronizing my establishment when they're lonely." I do not like being called a pimp. It may fit what I do, but it's such a limiting term...

"I'm a simple man- I like to take what life offers and enjoy it." I add.

"What about you?" I ask her in return.
  • Janco's body language is open, while you're talking with her, you notice that. The nerves aside, she's interested in what you have to say. Then you ask her about herself, and she takes a drink of her coffee to collect her wits. "Not much to say, really. I grew up mostly on the streets of Trench, almost got kicked to Outer Rim a bunch of times. My mom was always working, had three different duties, none of them meant much to anyone as far as pay, but if she stopped doing them, the town would've fallen apart." She says that with a sense of pride, but its bitter, that kind of memory where you make it seem more important than it felt.

"I got work as a boy easier than, uhm, as a girl. Cleaned the bathhouses for a year, spent every harvest in the hot sun picking, lots of real boring stuff. Uh, I'm going on too much, I'm sorry." She takes a quick drink of her coffee, "Anyways, I was lucky enough to get a job working in the clinic, then I interned with Lever. I was maybe fifth in line to take over the clinic, and the bitch who was Lever's choice, she had it in for me. So, when I heard about the Ascendant, Lever said I should give it a shot."

She shrugs, "I ran the clinic for about a year, until a much better doc came along. I let her take over, and now I'm helping her run it. And it's the best job I've ever had. I just... don't get, you know, out much. So, my life's pretty boring, really. Still cleaning up after people."

The burger arrives and she looks at it for a long time before she picks it up.

What do you do?
  • I smile and nod in all the right places. Shaking my head no when she says she's going on. She's smart and willing to step back when someone better came along? I've been going about this all wrong.

I made chit chat while she's eating- mostly I talk and sip my coffee. Tell her about the time I tried to bring my crew to Trench- that didn't go well. I talk about the different places I've been, the things I've seen, but I'm not trying to impress her.

When she's done eating, I lean in. "Your life doesn't have to be boring." I tell her. "I think you're hot as frak and would love to make it more interesting personally, if you ah... are interested." I stumble on the last few words. Frakking Tulle- I'm still thinking about her. I keep thinking I'm seeing that spiked up hair everywhere I go.
  • Doc Janco looks at you for a moment, then she gives a half-smile and says, "Thanks, Proper. I guess you're into boys, hunh?" She huffs a laugh, then holds up a hand to stop you from responding and says, "It's a joke. A defense mechanism, sorry. But anyways, you already are. Making my life more interesting, I mean."

She takes another bite of the burger, which has some pretty unique toppings. Which one looks especially delicious? She notices you glance at it, and offers you a bite of the untouched side.
  • I smile at her. "I'm into whatever." I tell her honestly. "I'm glad I can help."

Is that... a fried egg on her burger? Where the hell did they get the eggs? I gladly take a bite. "That's not bad!" I tell her.

OOC: Read Janco incoming.
  • OOC: Read Janco. Roll+sharp. +1xp rolling highlighted.
    (Rolled: 2d6+1. Rolls: 2, 1. Total: 4)
  • She shares her burger, with egg, and you relax a bit, right? She's pretty open, if a bit self-deprecating. As she's busy splitting up the fries by length, choosing the short ones to share, keeping the long ones for herself, she asks, "Proper, I'm not trying to ruin this really wonderful lunch, ok? But I'm curious... what do you intend to do right now?" She looks at you in a serious, but not reproachful way. She seems open to whatever answer you provide, she's just trying to see the interest.
  • I refuse the fries- I don't need to eat her food. "No, thanks."

"You mean what do I intend to do right now between you and me? Or on this ship with my business?" I ask, no offense taken. I want to answer the question she's asking.
  • "Your business is your business," she says, taking a bite of a fry. She swallows and says, "I meant you and me. Not to label it or anything. I just like to know what I'm... I'm in for." Her gaze lingers as words catch in her throat when she looks at you for a moment.

She turns to the fries, "These are really good, you know. Don't know what you're missing." She grins.
  • "Fair enough." I reply. "You're in for whatever you want to be in for. I'm not looking for any kind of attachment, if that's what you're asking."

I pick up a fry and eat it. Damn- she was right!
  • Doc Janco grins when you enjoy the fry, and she dips another into a sweet tomato paste and slowly spirals it towards your mouth, says, "I'm not looking for any attachments, either. The clinic is my life. I've tried and failed too many relationships to be burned again."
  • I gobble the fry and smile at her. "Been there." I tell her with a wry smile.

"So- you lead. No strings." I tell her.
  • Doc Janco finishes the last fry, pushes away the plate, and says, "Well, I would lead..." that nervous smile appears, but she continues, "but I don't know where you're staying."
  • I stand up and tip my head over towards the private rooms- I don't think anyone is using them right now. "Come on." I tell her grinning.
  • She pauses for a moment. You can see it, she's asking herself if she's really going to do this. She looks up at you and yes. Yes, she is. She scoots back her chair and stands, then follows you to one of the rooms. She takes hold of your hand while you walk and she's looking at you and smiling.
  • I take her hand and smile at her- a real, honest smile, too. "You just say the word and we'll stop, ok? I only want to make you feel good..."
  • She looks at you out of the corner of her eye and says, "I hope so. I'm a vanilla fun kind of girl. I mean... you're awfully hot, maybe you can entice me or something."

Once you enter the private room, close the door, she's standing there by the entrance, still a bit tentative, but she's here. What's in here, Proper?
  • I figured she wouldn't be into the weird stuff, so I brought her into the blue room. The red one has kinkier stuff in it. This room has a bed and a shower. There's a desk. The girls decorated it a bit so it doesn't look like every other room on this ship. Nicer pillows and sheets. There's some toys in a drawer, but I don't open that for Janco to see. No need to scare the girl.

"Want something to drink?" I ask her. I'm about to explain that it may help her get more comfortable, but she's a doctor, she knows it already.
  • She answers without taking her eyes off yours, "Yes, Proper, I would" She didn't bring a purse or anything, no coat, either.

When you pour her a drink, she slides her hand over yours to take it into her hand, almost a mirror to the brief touch when she sat at your table. She grins, and takes a long drink of liquid courage.

What do you do?
  • I smile and take the glass from her when she's done. "Thatta girl." I say.

She said she'd had prior relationships, so I'm not going to patronize her by sitting her down and explaining what I'd like to do... I step in towards her, closing the gap between us, and rest my hands on her hips. "Can I kiss you, Doctor Janco?" I ask her, smirking.
  • She starts looking at you intently when you move close, but she doesn't shirk away. You ask if you can kiss her, and she nods, a little nervous smile showing.
  • I smile and move my face in... past her mouth to her ear- kissing, nibbling. My hands pull her hips to mine gently. "I want to frak that nervous smile right off your face." I whisper to her intently.

Before she can respond my mouth is on hers, kissing softly at first, but with more fire if she's open to it.
  • Well, that surprises her. You catch a tiny little snippet of a rely in her mouth that ends up as an, "Urk..." but it dies on the vine and she stands there for a moment before she relaxes into the kiss. You feel her hands on your hips, one sliding up your back, to feel the muscles there.

She's definitely open to more, but you realize you'll need to guide her. There are no barriers now, she came here with you, she wants this. She's just "out of practice", it seems.

When you both come up for air after that kiss, she forces a nervous smile for a moment, then raises an eyebrow, as if to say "Are you gonna do something about it?"
  • Frak yes, I am! I

kiss her again- deeper, longer- and steer her towards the bed, pushing her while my hands roam up and down. We land on the bed together and I stand back up and take my shirt off. I lay back down on top of her, kissing her neck, down towards her chest.
  • Janco is submissive, happily giving herself to you. The kisses are returned, eyes closed. When you land on the bed, her eyes pop open during the descent, surprised and delighted.

You step back and remove your shirt and she watches you with wide eyes, like a kid on Christmas morning watching a present being opened for her. "Oh gods, so many muscles," she says just above a whisper. "You are so... wow."

She sits up then, reaching a hand to your belt and pants, working with nimble fingers to undo the notch, slide open the belt and kiss-worship your abs as she fumbles with the buttons on your fly. It feels like she wants to, for lack of a better term, service you, to submit herself to your desires and wants.

Is that what you want, Proper? You brought her here with a wish to what, fulfill her desires? Take power in knowing you could make her want you? A way to forget about the heartstrings Tulle pulls on? So, is Janco blowing you and letting you have her body, is that what you're after here? That's where she's headed, if you don't change course.

And, of course, if you do process, go ahead and ask your Sex Move questions.
  • Hey, I'm an accommodating kind of guy- if that's what she wants to do, I'm going to let her!

OOC: Acquisitive eye questions-
    *How can I make this person mine?
    *Who will stand in my way?
    *What are they truly worth?
  • Yours? Truly yours as in she is only devoted to you? You'd have to take away the infirmary. That's her first love. Now, if you wanted to make her yours as in, "you're the source of all her enjoyment and passion outside of the infirmary", then nice, passionate, considerate moments like this, "no strings" will keep her coming back. Of course there are strings, there are always strings.

The head doctor might, if you're keeping her out of the infirmary too long. But otherwise, Stitch would be happy to see Janco get out some, have some fun. Now, Weetabix, her head nurse, she's a threat to this. One time, no big deal. If you pursue the whole "make her mine", then pretty soon, she's going to come get in your way.

As a doctor, Janco's one of the five best docs in the world and therefore: priceless. In your line of work, she's "attractive" and "interesting", and would probably be your weakest performer.
  • How was it for you, Proper? How much were you able to keep focused on her? Did you have any stray thoughts on Tulle? Oh, of course you did, right? So what did you do when that happened?
  • It was... ok. Not bad. Just ok. I directed her a bit but mostly let her do what she wanted to- what she lacked in technique she made up for with enthusiasm.

Frakking Tulle- I knew I shouldn't have told her anything. I should have just stuffed those feelings down and ignored them. I drowned her out by imagining what I'd like to do to Janco- when she's ready to go past vanilla. It may never happen, but it could be amazing.
  • Alright, how do you end this little soiree, Proper? I mean, she's probably happy to lay there and bask in the afterglow for a bit. But she did mention only taking lunch, so there's an easy out.

What do you do?
  • I give her a good five minutes, but I'm not really in a snuggling mood. "Hey." I run my hand along the side of her face. "I don't want to get you in trouble with your boss..."

I get out of bed and make a little show of putting my clothes back on.
  • "What? Oh, yeah." She takes the hint, quietly gets dressed. She follows your lead, not really lovely or anything. Just, gets dressed, gets up, heads to the door.

Let her go?
  • Before she gets to the door I walk over and kiss her. "Next time it's my turn to work on you." I smirk. "If you're interested, that is."
  • edited December 2013
    She smiles after the kiss. "Yeah, I'm interested. Just... don't get one of your people beat up next time, alright? I can't keep giving away freebies." She puts a hand on your chest, a little affection, then opens the door and heads out.

Where to next, Proper?
  • "Square deal." I reply.

I don't even know what I was supposed to be doing. Maybe I'll go check up on Silk- her big debut is coming up fast.
  • Sure, you catch up with her in her room. She's moved the beds side to make more room, Tooheys is sitting on one of them, her thin knees pulled up to her chin, watching. When you come in, there's a steady beat of music thumping and Silk is in the middle of the floor, her body covered with a light sheen of sweat. She's dancing, working through the same four steps, over and over. She watches herself in a floor-length mirror set up on the other bed as she does this. As usual, her movements are pure artistry. Also as usual, she's nowhere near satisfied with her routine.

She's been at this for hours.

Silk doesn't stop her practice when you come in. She just gives Tooheys a subtle nod, and her little trainer turns the music down. Silk says, "Hello Proper, what brings you by this early?" The tone is neutral, she's concentrating.
  • "Haven't talked to you- you got everything you need for the show?" I ask her. Mostly I came to get away from my thoughts- watching Silk always distracts me. And I'm sure if she can tear her eyes away from that mirror she'll see my irritation written all over my face. She always could read me well.

I sit down next to Tooheys- who will need a different name. I motion for her to turn the music back up so Silk can work.