[Junk XIII] Lost and Found (K 6-6, S 6-6)

edited December 2013 in Junkworld XIII
Scene is deck 14, Kiddo's flat:

Kiddo, you're in bed when Stitch came to see you. Hump and Zero are sleeping in the lounge. Did VB answer the door, or did you? Did she interrupt anything?

Metro's with her, by the way. They both look a little dirty, like they've been climbing around in greasy places. Or something.

Stitch, you and Metro... I dunno, are there doorbells or chimes on this ship? Do you knock? Anyways, someone opens the door (see above question) and you see a very nicely appointed flat, Kiddo and VB.

What do you do?

Comments

• Yeah, we knock or ring the chime or whatever.

"Hey Kiddo. Nice digs!" I tell her. I feel bad I haven't been up here before, I've just been so busy with the infirmary...
  • I was out-cold when Stitch rang. I'll never get used to the sound of that bell, I swear. Vee, thankfully, was on top of it.

Stitch didn't interrupt anything — I mean, my Ma' and younger brother were sleeping in the lounge with the partition open... The sight of Stitch all greasy makes me giggle, "frak sweetie, I didn't know you were into that kinda stuff. C'mon in!"
  • "Hah." I laugh, looking at the state of myself. "Hey, sorry if we're interrupting? I... found some of your girls' stuff." I drop the axe.
  • Stitch found it? My jaw drops. "the only thing you were interrupting is sleep — which I'm getting way too much of," I look at Vee, accusingly — she's been inadvertently making me sleep in lately by letting me sleep in. "Where the hell did you find that?"
  • I drop my voice real low. "Ok, some kids lifted it off your girls, but they were just hungry. They won't steal from the Candies again." If I can't tell Kiddo the truth, I'm in trouble. She can do with it what she wants.
  • Kids stole it? "Shit... Where are they now? Are they still hungry?"

... Wait... What?
  • edited December 2013
    "One of them is sick, they are going to come by the infirmary." I tell her. "They don't seem to be willing to work for food." I'm frustrated about that.
  • I give her a surprised look, "Well... They're kids... Do kids work where you come from? How old are they?" If they're stopping by the infirmary, I don't wanna cause any trouble with them... I may let Nezzy know she's got some hungry kid thieves running around though.... "When are they set to come by the infirmary?"
  • "Sometimes." I answer her. "Mostly I'd think they'd want to eat, but what do I know?"

"In a bit- I wanted to drop this stuff off to you first." I tell her. "How... how are you? Did Rinso talk to you at all?" I can't help looking over my shoulder to Metro for a second.
  • "In a bit" is too soon... I guess I'm just going to have to trust that Stitch can keep them from stealing again. I follow her gaze over to Metro when she asks about Rinso, and I'm confused again...

"Yeah, we spoke... It's going to be a long road back to where we were, but I'm not saying we can't get there." I eye her up and down, "Why? Did he do something to Metro?"
  • "No... uh." I'm going to have to just spit it out and get it over with. "When I healed him... we... we ended up kissing." I tell her, cringing a bit. Kiddo is a good person and I'm not going to try to explain it or justify it or anything.
  • Kiddo, Metro doesn't flinch. He knew. It's obvious.

From behind Kiddo, you hear VB, "That frakking sunnuva bitch. Ima kill him."
  • "It's not like that." I say. "VB- you remember when I healed you? We sort of woke up and were kissing. It only lasted a second." Alright so I guess I do explain. The last thing I want to do is hurt Kiddo or VB, but I also want to be honest with them. "I'm with Metro. Maybe when I first got here I had a crush on Rinso, but that was before the three of you got together. I wouldn't do that to you."
  • My eyebrow cocks involuntarily, and my breathing picks up a bit.

"Oh. OK."

I mean, I never said Rinso and me had to be exclusive or anything... I practically told him to do that back in Trench... I shouldn't be upset. I didn't think it would matter... Apparently it does, though.

I look back to Vee and force a smile, "don't, hon. He can do whatever he wants. Whatever makes him happy."

It doesn't matter... It doesn't matter... It doesn't matter.

Stitch explains herself and I spin around, holding a hand out to stop her. "Stitch... No, it's OK." I smile again, "It's OK."
  • edited December 2013
    Well, that shuts VB up.

Kiddo, you catch a little flash of happiness cross Metro's face when Stitch declares that she's with him.
  • "I'm sorry." I say genuinely to both of them. I don't want to make things with him any harder than they already are.
  • edited December 2013
    What's left to say? I cross my arms defensively, and shake my head. "Don't apologize, Stitch." I remember what it was like coming out of that healing with Svenja — I felt so horrible for Stitch, and her lost baby. There's something that spills over between you when it happens... Like you're in their heads. I wonder who was in whose head. Stitch said she crushed on Rinso... Did Rinso crush on her too? Or was he just riding the wave?

I look away, "Don't hold back feelings on our account. It hurts to hear, but I'd be a frakking hypocrite if I gave Rinny shit for kissing someone, yeah? I told Rinso when we first started going together that I didn't expect him to fill my every need, because I didn't think it was fair to put that much pressure on someone. I didn't think I could be that for someone..." I pause, and hold my hand out to Vee, pulling her close before turning back to Stitch, "I was wrong — and even though I may not be everything to Rinso, I've found someone that's everything to me."
  • edited December 2013
    VB looks up at you in delighted surprise, Kiddo. She buries her head against your chest for a moment, hugging you tight, mindless of Stitch or Metro, and squeezes your side. After that side-hug, she looks up with wet eyes and says, "Gods, that's the greatest thing I've ever heard!" She looks over to you, Stitch and says, "I'm sorry, guys, but I'm gonna take a moment here and totally make out with my girlfriend."

She pulls your head down, Kiddo, just a little, and gets on her tippy toes to practically push her tongue in your mouth with a deep, toe-curling kiss, then pulls back, giggling and looking up into your eyes, "I love you with my whole heart, Kiddo."

After a moment of staring at Kiddo, VB turns back to you, Stitch, and says, "Sorry, uhm, you guys can go on."
  • Ok, I'm a little flushed when Vee pulls back from that kiss... That was frakking awesome. I smile back at her in a dreamy haze, and whisper, "I love you too, honeybee."

I hold her gaze until she looks back to Stitch, then remember we were talking about Rinso... I follow Vee's eyes over to Stitch, and smile at her. "Really Stitch... It's OK. Rinso can do whatever he wants — I'll be happy no matter what he chooses."
  • "Ok." I reply, not really knowing what else to say. "Can I leave these here? Or you want me to take them somewhere else?" I ask awkwardly.
  • I shake my head, and point to the table by the door, "I'll make sure they get where they're meant to. Sorry... And thanks for your help... And honesty. Is there anything you need?"
  • "Thanks." I tell her, setting the stuff down on the table. "I gotta find Svenja- I think us ice cubes got stuff programmed into our brains and I'm afraid she and Cee are ticking time bombs. You know anyone going to Boomtown soon? I gotta send him a message."
  • I shake my head, "Well... Maybe Ma'... We need to get the baby shit from boomtown up here eventually. Svenja should be downstairs with the rest of the girls... No offense, but Metro might want to sit out that visit... The girls might be in a mood, and the clubhouse is kind of a girls only place."
  • "I'm going to see if I can meet the kids in the infirmary first, but then I'll try and find Svenja. Thanks." I tell her, laughing a little chuckle.
  • Stitch,

Please go here.
  • Kiddo,

After Stitch leaves, VB pivots around to stand right in font of you, looking up with a wide grin, her eyes drinking you in, "So... I'm everything to you? Say it again, ok?"
  • I smile down at her, and give her a lustful kiss. Then I hover over her lips, and in the most sultry voice I can muster I whisper, "you're everything to me, my little honeybee."
  • edited December 2013
    This close, you feel her heart race as she leans into you. "This is the single happiest moment in my entire life. Right here, with you. Thank you, Kiddo."

--END SCENE--