[Big Maul] Table Chatter / Out-Of-Character

123457»

Comments

• Tod, if it isn't fun, then it isn't fun. I appreciate that honesty, I really do.

I don't wish to play a game you're MCing, Tod. If you'd like to run a new game for anyone else in this group, feel free to offer. I'll ask the admin of this forum if he minds about a new game on here. Let me know if you choose to do this.

I'm sorry for the way I treated you over IM chat, but I'm not going to make excuses or become defensive. I apologize. You don't feel comfortable continuing to play in this game. I broke any semblance of trust between us as gamers and people, and I respect your choice to leave. It sucks that I screwed things up. It sucks that it's unrecoverable. But I've definitely learned about several of my shortcomings and will work on them.
  • edited May 2014
    I respect that, Rich. You know this is about more than just what went down in the chat, but you already have my feedback and I'm not going to rehash the details in this thread. We're good. I'm still amazed by how much you do, and you're spread too thin to consider another game anyway. I may run a game here at some point, but I'm not in a big rush right now.

To my fellow players...

Niko & Paul - I absolutely LOVE you guys and your characters. I'll miss you most of all. I want to thank you for playing so brilliantly, so deeply, and for being so accepting of the bonds I threw at you. Yes, And!

Chris - I couldn't figure out how to approach Playboy! But I love what you're doing with her. The mask thing seems really challenging, but you're a total pro.

Alan & Ben - I sincerely wish we'd had more chance to interact. I really liked the way you guys described your characters, there's so much angst and machismo, you both wrote awesome and powerful scenes that totally made me visualize Mac and Sweet.

I would be very happy, even honored, to play with any of you guys again.
  • Tod, thanks for your kind words. I've enjoyed Jet a lot, and the Big Show really jazzed me. I'll see you around StoryGames, for sure.
  • Wow. I have no idea what happened. Not really all that concerned. Jet's out, which is a bummer, but neither does it feel forced for him to just quit. Tod, sucks to see you go, but the main thing is everybody's shook hands and the air is clear. I'd love to play with you again, and I really adored what we were doing, especially the history you built between Cache and Jet. That was gorgeous, brother. Let me know where you go.
  • I feel like there's a whole side-show that I don't even know exists.
  • I'd like to end session at the end of these scenes.

Chris, are you good to end scene with Playboy, just something about where she goes?
    Paul, are you okay with ending scene with Hottopic where she is in the tech shop?
    Ben, once we get an answer on "making the rounds", I think we can end scene there.
    Niko, Cache's scene feels like it's mostly done, right?
  • Sure thing.
  • I'm cool.
  • Alright, I've ended all scenes, for now. That ends session one. A few bumps in the road, but this has been overall pretty awesome, you guys!

Let's do HX!

Think back over this session, and figure out which PC knows your PC better, and then post here telling them so. That player will add +1 HX for your PC on their sheet. If that takes them to a +4 HX with you, it "rolls over" and becomes a +1 again. They get an XP!

Also, I have a little hack that I like. When you have HX on a PC and it rolls over, you get to ask that PC any question you'd like to know about them. They should answer honestly.
  • edited May 2014
    Playboy, Hottopic has spent the most time with you during this session, and you've learned what her hair smells like (that's not creepy at all). You've also seen her during a moment of weakness and acted (however harshly) to protect her. Add +1 HX for Hottopic.
  • I think Hottopic is the only current PC with whom I even had scene-time. So You take a +1 as well.
  • I'm still here, honest! Getting in as much as I can. dialysis is a pain in the ass, but new relationships (especially as long as we've been flirting, over a decade) are bueno.
  • Whoo. I get downed by work for a few days and this goes nuclear.

Moving on.

I think Cache knows Sweet 'n Sour better - ze knows that Sweet might not be evil, but he has an over-committed sense of responsibility and a desperate need to blame someone, anyone. That's dangerous, but useful.
  • I just spoke with Niko. He said that Sweet N Sour knows Cache better. Ben, please add +1 HX with Cache to your wiki entry.

Alright, does anyone want new highlights?
  • I'm good.
  • I'm fine.
  • Sorry for delays, folks. I'm hoping to knock out session openers today or over the weekend.
  • No worries. Fuck knows I have no room to talk.
  • Coolio.
  • So, weird thing. Had to create an account on the Wiki, and can't edit Cache's character sheet.
  • Actually, can I roll to interfere with HT's Read?
  • Yes, you certainly can, Niko. I'll need to know how Cache is interfering. Describe what ze is doing.
  • Crap. Saw that after I rolled for the read. We're both clueless motherfuckers.
  • Hey guys, this website is now blocked at work. It will affect my ability to post during the day. Sorry.
  • Lame.
  • hey Chris, I'm holding up the Playboy scene until tomorrow in hopes that we can see a post from Sweet N Sour. I pinged Ben, he may have thought we went dormant after the long pause between sessions (which was my fault, sorry).

I'll get on the double miss whammy for Cache and Hottopic tonight.
  • Yeah, I was dragging things out a little in hopes that he'd show up. :)
  • Started to get all tactical, then, I remembered something very important: Cache isn't all that smart. So I did the instinctual kinda dumb thing.
  • I'm not sure the things going on in that other scene are entirely safe. ;-)
  • No, they seem unsafe indeed.

I'm going to update your scene as soon as I update a couple reports, Chris.
  • Roll done, and oh yeah bitches.
  • Well, that's quite a roll...
  • Oh good. Everyone's coming. Nothing bad could possibly come of that, I'm sure.
  • I can kill you with my brain.

Will be responding after I'm done lawyering. Weee!
  • I can so see HT turning Cache into a synthetic if this goes south...
  • Rich, I'm keeping track of Cache's mutable stuff [HERE] until the Wiki gets back under control.
  • Thanks for the heads up, Niko. Sorry the wiki is locked. Silly hackers.
  • Rich, want me to roll for the mind opening?
  • Oh, yes, sorry! Please do roll.
  • Boom, mutha fukkahs!
  • Nice roll!
  • I know, right?

I mean, thanks! The Breeze can be generous.
  • The Breeze giveth and The Breeze taketh away.
  • Chris, I really liked Playboy's response to Auntie Anne. It gave some interesting "outside" vs. "inside" depth and hookiness. Very cool. Looking forward to her conversation with Muzak.
  • She's actually kind of hard to play. Not dumb, but messed up. Needing enough depth to keep her interesting, but so dysfunctional that she doesn't reveal her depth much. And occupying this horror-show trope of the Faceless but not being a straight-up horror.

But I'm glad that worked out!
  • Cache back.

I swear to Skarl, I'm not trying to twink XP.
  • I am so in for a dry-fucking some time soon...
  • Wow, that was quite a roll.
  • Hey Chris, I bought life support with an advance, so we don't actually have to take risks getting the equipment. I'm cool if you want to hit Lenscrafters, but we don't need to for my purposes.
  • Cool. But you still need the good doctor. I guess I'll let you try to negotiate first. :)
  • Well, I was bound to get a shit roll at some point...
  • oof... rough spot, Niko.
  • hey guys!

I'm going to ask something terrible.

I tried Blades in the Dark this weekend, a new RPG in playtest by John Harper, a game about playing thieves in a little gang in a fantasy setting (same one as Ghost/Echo but a few decades earlier) and it was AWESOME!!!!!

I really want to run it over PBP, but I'm out of bandwidth for GMing/MCing.

Would you guys be okay if I put Big Maul on hiatus and we made up some thieves in Blades and maybe added one or two new folks in?
  • I'm a yes.
  • I'm OK with that too. But hiatus implies we'll be back and I think that's pretty unlikely. So as long as that's still OK, then sure -- I'm good to try new games.
  • Hiatus was a gentle way of saying, "I'm okay to walk away, but I hate saying it was a failure".

So, uhm, I guess I'm suggesting we shelve Big Maul. For Blades!!!!
  • You know I'm in.
  • The Breeze gives, and the Breeze takes.