Seven months have passed since the sub was buried in ice and snow (and subsequently unburied by Lemma) and Silica and Hadden escaped Benton Harbor with the help of Rossi.
The sub, which now has a name (what is it, Lemma?), has become an actual, honest-to-goodness hold. Invert runs security with her gang, Arbor is in charge of the new miners who mine north, away from Underlake's claims. The food isn't plentiful, but it's subsistence. While Lemma is the workhorse behind the place, there's a go-to person, a hardholder who runs things: Tamedog. He's got a knack for getting people to work together, and while his methods are sometimes direct, sometimes brutal, he's smart enough to pick his spots.
Roxy and Molotov moved out of Chi-town, heading south. Burton has taken over the place, kept the name, reorganized the gang in charge of security. You've heard Never Summer was kicked out, that Trespass and Disaster are running the gang together now.
Underlake is still cut off from the world, and people are hurting for food, big time. There have been weekly gift offerings from Crossover and BM's, but Merrell has refused them.
Backside Misty passed on. The power is up and down there. Artec is running the place with some Lostkeys as help. The Amp Heads are running their own thing at Crossover. But nobody crosses-over to Underlake anymore, so they're a small clan at best, things are rough.
Lemma, even though you aren't a hardholder, you did discover and help populate this place. Let's build it out, alright?
Your holding has:
- 75-150 souls.
- for gigs, a mix of hunting, crude farming, and scavenging (surplus: 1-barter, want: hungry). Led by Hadden?
- the protection of a fucking sub! Your gang gets +2 armor when fighting in its defense.
- An armory of scavenged and makeshift weapons.
- A gang of about 40 violent people (3-harm gang medium unruly 1-armor). Led by Invert.
Choose 2 add-ons (that add to the above or change it):
- for gigs, add lucrative raiding. Surplus: +1barter, want: +reprisals.
- for gigs, add protection tribute. Surplus: +1barter, want: +obligation.
- for gigs, add a manufactory. Surplus: +1barter, want: +idle.
- for gigs, add a bustling, widely-known market commons. Surplus: +1barter, want:+idle.
- your gang is large instead of medium, 60 violent people or so.
- your gang is well-disciplined. Drop unruly.
- your armory is sophisticated and extensive. Your gang gets +1harm.
And Choose 2:
- your population is filthy and unwell. Want: +disease.
- your population is lazy and drug-stupored. Want: +famine.
- your population is decadent and perverse. Surplus: -1barter, want: savagery.
- your holding owes protection tribute. Surplus: -1barter, want: +reprisals.
- your gang is small instead of medium, only 10-20 violent people.
- your gang is a pack of fucking hyenas. Want: savagery.
- your armory is for shit. Your gang gets -1harm.
Now that's settled... let's see how your new population is holding up, Lemma. Roll me a +Sharp. On a 7-9, choose one option to be true. On a 10+, choose two.
* Arbor has kicked the ice, and mining is doing well lately, your hold does not want for food right now
* Invert's gang has made contact with some of the Underlakers who want to trade secretly: clothes and food for power and machine tools
* Poptart has made radio contact with Kemper, and he's requested a meeting with you
You've taken over the infirmary in the sub, right? Jester is working to keep people happy with music, but it isn't like he's doing gigs or trading for jingle. Red Brick's hit hard times, raided by some of the Salter up north, stripped down.
How are you set up here, now?
Once we've worked out the above, we'll kick off a scene with you waking up in the new and improved hold.