[SWAW] House Cleaning (2)

2»

Comments

• Ladro Eyes

Oh, by all the glowing druk the Jedi manufacture in a cycle, I'm going to catch trouble for this when I get back to the Libation, but does it really matter now, in the moment? No, is the answer. Definitely No.

As I lean in for the waiting kiss, I reach my hands out to tear at the tank-top. I may not have claws, but I do have determination. If my shirt's going to be ruined, then I'm going to give as good as I get. Also, I'm anxious for us both to be more... open.

I pull her into me, my hand on the scruff of her neck in a tight grip. "Claws in for now, kitten. You've had me at your mercy for long enough, yes?"

The shirt tears away nicely. The fabric rips, and it wasn't much to begin with. Her chest is modest, but not forgettable. Her fine fur curves out for her bosom, ending at the dark nipples, which at this moment, are erect.

You make your demand about the claws and she nods, still smiling that wicked smile, "Yes, yes, Ladro. No more claws. But do please call me kitten, here and only here." The claws slip back into sheaths and she grabs your hands, pulling them down to her backside. Once you reach down to hold her firm ass, she laces fingers around your neck and hops up so that your'e holding her. Her heat presses against you, and the kiss seems unending. She has amazing body control, Ladro, and she begins to writhe against you in sensual ways. She is ready to be open.

What do you do?
  • Ladro Eyes

If she is ready to be open, I am ready to open her. It is a long night, with moments of tenderness and moments of fierceness. Lips, tongues, fingers, claws, and the other compatible parts. Her rough tongue is a new sensation to me, and her claws rake me in a symphony of pain and pleasure. In the end, my 'admiration' lasts beyond even my own expectations, and it's morning.
    You wake in the morning, some scratches already healing, but visible. You smell some freshly brewed klava, and as you're rising, Ahji Dar enters the bedroom wearing a silky blue kimono robe. She moves lighter, seems a bit more content, less guarded. She comes up to the bed, sitting down beside you on one leg, handing a cup to you as you sit up. "Good morning, Ladro. I have decided to give you a tour of the Nexus, if you have some time before you need to go."
  • Ladro Eyes

I am also feeling contented, even affectionate, and I see what I imagine is a rare acceptance from this enigmatic legend. I trace a finger along the silky fuzz of her thigh as I drink my klava. "I would like that very much."
    You sit together in comfort, drinking klava and talking about idle chit-chat. Her bravado has diminished, and she shares with you the spices and herbs she uses for different flavors of klava. She's not exactly passionate about her brewing.

When she heads off to the refresher for a shower, do you join her, or wait your turn? You get the feeling that she's not feeling frisky, but she certainly seems comfortable with you this morning.
  • edited September 2014
    Ladro Eyes

I'm happy talking about klava, or just about anything. It's a good morning. I watch her sway as she heads for the refresher, but I'll wait my turn. I start thinking about what I'm going to use for a shirt as I wait.
  • edited December 2014
    You come out of the refresher and into the bedroom to fetch your clothes. There's a new shirt in there, mostly fits you. It's cut for a male. What color is it?

In the living room of her quarters, you find Ahji Dar speaking with a droid. The droid's voice is the one you heard last night. It looks like this:

She turns to you, "Ladro, this is Serzhant." Ahji gestures to the droid, "Ship's engineer. I've modified its skillsoft, and it has learned quite a bit about the Nexus."

"Hello, Ladro. It is good to meet the captain's temporary companion." the droid intones with its mechanical whine. It doesn't offer a hand to shake.

"Serzhant was finishing reports." Ahji Dar says, "Head back to Engine Room, Serzhant."

The droid inclined its head to you, then looks to her, "Yes, ma'am." It clomp clomps away.

Ahji Dar is not wearing her gun belt, you notice. "C'mon, Ladro. I'd love to get the Nexus up in space to show her off, but I like this hidey hole." She starts walking towards the fore of the ship.
  • Ladro Eyes

She seems so different today. Maybe it's being in her own place, maybe I'm just that good. I follow her forward, still enjoying the view. "I'd love to go up with you sometime, when our paths cross again."
    "Sometime," she agrees enigmatically.

She walks you down the corridor, which is sturdy metal plates fitted seamlessly together. The walls and floor are well maintained: some parts are spotless, others appear to be replacements near to original.

The corridor opens to a spacious lounge, built for an entire squad to use for eating and relaxing. There are a pair of water fountains, plants throughout that seem to grow from the light here, which is surprisingly warm. Ahji points out the autochef, which she picked up at an estate auction on Zeltron a couple cycles ago, as well as the ficus trees, which she traded for from an Ithorian herdship. She seems very proud of this.

Down a more narrow corridor, she leads you past the secondary Gravitic Drives as well as the back-up hyperspace drive, which are kept near the head of the ship. It gives the impress that the forward section might be full functional if the aft is destroyed, but she doesn't mention this.

The narrow corridor ends at the bridge, which is built for three operators. In one seat is this droid:

"Number One," Ahji Dar says, "This is Ladro. Ladro, this droid handles off-shift piloting, sensor array and comms."

Number one intones with that raspy you heard the night before, "Greetings, Ladro. I am pleased to make your acquaintance."

You're able to see the hangar bay outside the ship. It looks like a small warehouse, just barely big enough for this ship. From the distance to the ground, along with the size of what you've seen, this ship was built for a crew of maybe six to operate. It could easily hold a couple squads of troopers, and the indicators for the firing array you see on the console by Number One show that this ship has some very impressive armament.

"There are some other amenities as well, but this is the really zeng stuff on the Nexus." Ahji Dar says, crossing her arms with a bit of pride.
  • Ladro Eyes

"A pleasure to meet you, as well, Number One."

I take a slow look around the bridge and whistle low. "Zeng for sure, Ahji Dar. Why don't you talk me through what's here? That is, if you won't have to kill me afterwards to ensure my silence." I don't think she's planning on killing me...
    "Who says I don't already plan on killing you regardless?" Ahji Dar replies with a smirk. She pauses, looking over at you for a long moment. "I'm quite proud of the Nexus, Ladro. I felt like showing her off this morning, before I kick you out on your worthless hide."

She shows you the Phalanx Missile Command Center, the Ahrugan Point Defense Turrets, the Spinal Mount Heavy AP laser as well as the Spinal Mount Medium AP Cannons. "I have them daisy chained to a centralized fire control. I use an array of attack sequences to simulate a fire team. It took weeks of simulations and work with Astro to get the thing refined down to a manageable number. But now I can fly the ship and utilize the weapons systems, if need be." She's totally bragging.
  • Ladro Eyes

I'm starting to get the impression that she really does avoid the spotlight. Equipment like this, the creds to get it installed, the skills to use it the way she says, she should be much more noteworthy even than she is now. I do wonder, though, about the time she must spend on this ship, alone except for her droid subordinates. "This is... amazing, Ahji Dar. You have built so much here. I wonder, though, is it ever lonely, being the only warm body in the middle of so much cold space, so much of the time?"
    The smile falters, and Ahji Dar looks away for a moment. She nods, a couple short nods, before she answers aloud, "Da, Ladro. Sometimes. And there are very few I trust." She looks at you again. "I feel that you will not betray me. Am I foolish?"
  • Ladro Eyes

"That is a question that many would answer differently. I'm a fickle lover, apparently, although I try to be good. Friends, though, comrades, partners? That's a different story, though, if it were ever to be told. So... I guess the question is, are we a fling? Or are we friends?"
    Her expression becomes remote and she looks at you for a while before answering. "We have been lovers. We do not currently have need to be partners. It seems too early to call it friendship." She purses her thin lips, thinking, then offers, "I think we were a fling. That could become more. This, I could like. What about you?"
  • Ladro Eyes

"Yes. I think I like that. And no, I will not betray you. I have a feeling that we might be valuable to each other one day."
  • edited September 2014
    Ahji Dar nods once, curtly. "Da. I think so." She continues the tour, which is more wide, spacious rooms that are rather bare but well kept. Finally, Ahji Dar blindfolds you and walks you out of the Nexus, taking you back to the Uni.

One thing, though. After she blindfolds you, but before she lowers the ramp the Nexus to lead you out, she reaches up to cup your cheek fondly, then pulls your mouth to her. But not to her lips. To the back of her neck.

Where do you go next?
  • Ladro Eyes

I don't want to spend the day in a shirt that almost fits, especially this pink-and-black striped monstrosity. And a change of underwear is called for, as well. So, bracing myself for abuse or amusement, I head back to the Libation's dock and enter the ship.
  • edited September 2014
    You walk back to the Libation to find it is mostly powered down. Evidently the hope for a quick turnaround faltered, and the crew is either looking for more hauls or spending time off ship. You head up the ramp into the ship, making your way towards the lounge to take the ladder to your shuttle. That's when you run into Leeadra.

Leeadra is sitting in a pair of flimsy shorts and a long-sleeved yellow shirt that is form-fitting to her very well-apportioned frame. She's got a hydrospanner working at one of the condensers from the autochef. The whole deal is separated into parts on one of the tables of the lounge. Looks like she's trying to fix it. Or upgrade it. Or something. She looks up when you walk in, and immediately sees "your" shirt, "Hey there, Ladro." Her tone says she did not need to see this.
  • Ladro Eyes

Well, farkle me sideways. It had to be Leeadra. Well, there's nothing to do but play it cool and take whatever she dishes out. History aside, I still can't stand to see hurt or anger in those beautiful eyes. "Hey, Lee. Need any help?"
    Leeadra looks back down at the joint that she was futzing with, "Nah, I've got it. Aux fridge is twitchy. Juuuust trying to save some creds. Chad showed me how to do this one a few cycles ago... just" She starts fiddling with it, trying to loosen a bolt, "Need to.. karking bolt's rusted to the..." She grunts with some effort, blocking out the fact that you're there watching her. Not asking for help.

What do you think she'll do if you offer, Ladro?
  • Ladro Eyes

Even back in the day, it would've been a risky proposition. Now? I figure it's about an eighty-five percent chance she'll throw the hydrospanner at me. But still, what can you do?

I walk up to the table and reach for the spanner. "Here. Let me try."
    She exhales sharply with her lower lip out a bit, blowing some hair out of her face since she doesn't have either hand free. "No... I got it. I don't need your kriffing..." Words halt as she twists, leans into it and tries to get the bolt free.

Finally, she tosses it on the table looks away, "Just.... kriffing... have at it, Ladro."
  • Ladro Eyes

I take the spanner and fit it to the bolt, pushing to loosen it. It is rusted tight, and I grunt with the effort. Finally, that first little bit of movement gives me some hope, and I push hard, blowing out a breath. With a creak, the bolt finally loosens, releasing a shower of fine flakes of rust. And it's done.

I set down the hydrospanner. "You loosened it for me, Lee." I give her a grin which may make her want to slap me.
    She slaps you. Not in the face, a lazy backhand to your chest, "Sleemo."

She picks up her hydrospanner and starts working again, pulling out the inner gears and working to disassemble and clean them. "Jojee said you've been chumming up with her all trip long, Ladro." She's not looking at you, staring at her work, trying to sound casual. "If you're trying to mess with me, there are better ways to get under my skin."
  • Ladro Eyes

"Truth, Leeadra? I'm done messing with you. I'm 'chumming up' with Jojee because she's a good first officer and a decent person, and she could be a friend if you and I hadn't karked things up for ourselves so badly." I sigh. "Listen, Lee. I'm trying. Really."
  • edited September 2014
    She stops working, looks up at you, eyes trying to read you. In an accusatory tone, she asks a barrage of questions, "Why? Why now are you working on it? What's different?"
  • Ladro Eyes

"I'm tired, Lee. Tired of tiptoeing around like a Jawa stealing droid parts. I live here, on the Libation, and I don't want to feel like I'm behind enemy lines. Does that make sense?"
  • edited September 2014
    She quirks a hint of irritation at your metaphor, like making jokes annoys her. "Ladro..." Her voice comes out soft, but not affectionate, more worn than anything.

Leeadra looks away from you, sighs through her nose, "We're not enemies. I was... I was never your enemy, alright? Just." She looks at you, eyes showing hurt, a bit of pleading in her tone, "Not with Jojee. Whatever you do outside our. Our home is your business. But Jojee's my first mate. She's only here because she's loyal to my uncle, and I need her. And she's the closest thing I have to a friend."
  • Ladro Eyes

"I'm not trying to bed Jojee, Lee. I'm giving you full disclosure here. Telling you the truth. I just want for us to be a crew, without the bantha poodoo hangover from what we were, before. Alright? I'm not trying to mess with anything."
    Leeadra does that thing where she blinks several times, then once hard. It's what she does when she's misting up. This came out of nowhere, didn't it? Or could she be playing you, Ladro?

"Well," she replies as she looks away, rubbing just below her right eye with the back of her thumb, "I guess there's a first time for everything." She laughs, a short huff of one. Then you see her trying to just dismisses it, the whole thing. Gets back to work on the problem at hand, the one on her table.
  • Ladro Eyes

I know her tells, and I know when not to push it. At least when I'm not trying to piss her off. "I'm going to go get changed, Lee, maybe catch a bit of sleep if Hosk doesn't complain at me too much. Got a client meeting this evening that should square us for next month's shuttle rental." I put a hand on her shoulder, let it linger for a moment. "You're right, we were never enemies. But it feels like it, some days, doesn't it?"
    She flinches when you touch her, more out of surprise than anything else. Leeadra looks at your hand when she agrees, "Yeah... some days." She looks up at you, swallows, then offers, "Peace treaty?"
  • Ladro Eyes

"Peace treaty." I consider a handshake, but wind up with a kiss on the forehead, instead. "No promises that I won't mess it up, but I'm trying, okay?" Then I head for the shuttle access.
  • You head up to your shuttle to find Hosk isn't around. Anything you do between now and when you should meet up with your employers?
  • Ladro Eyes

Well, another trip to the refresher, a nap, and a change of clothes if that counts for anything. Other than that, nothing.
  • Hosk sends a message through your short-range communicator (it ties through the shuttle with some encryption, doesn't go far or through much, but it's good for text and sometimes voice chatter) that he'll meet up with you at BOB for the trade off.

You're outside walking along paved roads in early evening, the sky is lit with purples and the last reds of the setting sun. The place is loud from the docks, but getting quieter the further out you go, crowds have thinned out.

As you're heading towards Blast Off, about ten minutes away (I assume you'll be a bit early), you pass by a dimly lit section of the walkway and spot Squall. The ship's engineer is standing off to the side, near a doorway, like ze'd tried to exit, but hasn't had it out. Zir expression, in profile, is troubled. Ze's in a slightly defensive posture. There are a pair of young Falleen looming over zir.

"C'mon, little one, you liked it last time." The lead male, in a synth-leather vest says while grabbing Squall's arm, "Come back in here."

Squall yanks zir arm away, "No, uhm, no thanks, alright? I told you, I'm not interested. Just-just let me go." Squall hasn't seen you.
  • Ladro Eyes

This won't do at all. I walk up to the trio. "Squall, there you are! You're late, you know, you were supposed to meet me ten minutes ago. Let's get going, before we miss the show!"
  • The Falleen in the vest leers at you. His buddy sidles up alongside him, stepping outside to the front of the building and nearer you.

Squall blinks, processes it, then nods, "Uhhh, sorry Ladro. I got caught up with some, ah, old friends. This is Troom and Aveth." Squall points to the one in the vest, Aveth, and the slightly taller one, Troom. "I can go now. Don't... wanna miss the show."

Troom says low, "You owe us for it then, Squall."

"I told you! I don't want it!" Squall says, zir voice growing squeaky.

• Ladro Eyes

I'm speaking to both, but Aveth has my full attention. I'm watching his reactions as I speak. "Gentlebeings, it seems to me that there must be some misunderstanding. If my good friend doesn't want what you've got, then I don't think ze should be owing you for it, yes?"
  • Observe a person

(Rolled: 2d6+1. Rolls: 2, 6. Total: 9)
  • edited September 2014
    OOC: How can I get Aveth to go away and leave Squall alone?
  • Aveth tilts his green chin forward, giving you a level look, "Squall is a repeat customer. She's just trying to work us for a discount, whining about being short..."

Squall butts in with, "I'm not lying! I'm done, Aveth! I want out."

Aveth is looking for some easy creds. If you don't show that you're willing to draw on him (which will likely get the boys in white involved), then you'll either need to beat him senseless or bribe him to back off.
  • edited September 2014
    Ladro Eyes

"How much, Aveth? Actually, never mind." I reach into my pocket and hand him the cred stick Xora gave me, just last night. Easy come, easy go. "That's more than enough, I'm sure. If Squall says ze's out, then Squall is out."

OOC: When you give 1-cred to someone, but with strings attached, it counts as manipulating them and hitting the roll with a 10+, no roll required.
  • Aveth checks the stick display. He looks to Troom, who moves out of your way. "This covers a nice stash." He pulls a small baggie out of a pouch inside his vest. "You want it, Squall?"

Squall hesitates, looks at it for a long moment, like a hungry Gammorrean might stare at a slab of meat. Ze closes zir eyes, shaking zir head, "Nnnno. I'm out... I'm out. Need to go to the show." Ze reaches a hand over to loop it into your arm.

So Aveth offers it to you, "You want it, friend?"
  • edited September 2014
    Ladro Eyes

"Thanks, but no. To be clear, that transaction wasn't a purchase, it was a bribe. You don't know Squall, got it?"

I turn, with Squall on my arm, and head toward the Blast Off. Once we're out of earshot, I ask. "What was that druk anyway, Squall?"
    "Aveth's brand is called 'Knownothing'." Squall answers with zir head down. Ze slipps zir arm away from you, like ze's ashamed. "It's a flavor of spice. I'm, uhm... I don't do it anymore." Zir tone is uncertain, you saw the hunger in zir eyes, Ladro.
  • Ladro Eyes

Oh, Squall. I stop and turn to face the engineer, put my hands on zir shoulders. "I don't judge, Squall, I'm not a hypocrite or a fool, but... if you need help, just ask. Understood?" I keep my hands where they are for a moment, looking into zir eyes. "So, I'm heading to do some business, but I've got a few minutes to spare. Can I walk you anywhere?"
    Squall looks up at you, hesitatingly, but you're so solid ze seems drawn to look up. There's some vulnerability there. "Ladro... I'm no trouble. I won't let anyone down. I've got myself handled, I promise." Ze offers these pleas like ze expects you need them.

But it's finally obvious you don't, and Squall relaxes a little, the panic ebbs. You know there are people looking at you in the street here. Ze offers a weak smile, "I'm gonna go hide out on the Libation. Too many bad memories and bad friends here for me. Just..." Ze looks at you, really looks at you, "Cappy's right. You're good people."
  • Ladro Eyes

I'm ignoring the eyes.

"Alright, Squall. Take it easy, okay? I'll see you soon." Leeadra said I'm good people?

We part ways, and I head to my meeting.
  • Squall's smile is a little more certain as ze heads back to the Libation. You notice ze looks back at you a couple times while walking to the docks. Each time you catch zir, Squall looks a little embarrassed, quirks a smile, then ducks zir head.

Finally, you're blocks away, details fade and you're in front of BOB. Standing just outside, smoking a deathstick, is Hosk.

"Hey Lad." Hosk says as he stamps out the stick. He stands up to walk a few steps over to you. "Early, even. Neither of them are here yet. I'll grab the bar again, let you sort out the pay."

As you're walking into the bar, he looks up at you, chuckles once, "You have fun last night?"
  • Ladro Eyes

"Hosk, you have no idea. Heard anything about the party yet? I'd imagine the word would spread pretty quickly."
    "Yeah, it's the talk of the town. Little singer's big party become a spectacle of sick people. The pics are pretty memorable." He pulls out a holocron linked into the Falleen Palace transmitter. It gives a clear picture of Falleen being violently ill.

"No deaths." Hosk adds. He's headed over to belly up to the bar unless you have more to say.
  • Ladro Eyes

That's a relief. Sounds like the payday was as easy as it seems. I order a weak beer, then grab a table facing the door, Hosk covering my six as usual. I chuckle over the image Hosk showed me. Sowing mischief and getting paid for it, plus the night I had last night with Ahji Dar. This has already been a good stop.
  • edited September 2014
    After a short wait, Savann enters, followed by Xora. Savann has a very reserved look, but Xora looks extremely pleased with herself. She orders some ales, comes over to sit with you, right beside you, her back to Hosk. Savann sits across from her, facing Hosk.

"Jojee chose well, Kiffu. You earned your credits." Xora says with a laugh. "Have you seen?!?" The bartender brings your drinks, one for you. She takes a long drink.

"It went off without a hitch. You played your part well enough." Savann agrees.
  • Ladro Eyes

"I have seen," I reply with my cockiest grin, "It's pretty hilarious, I admit." I take a small sip of the ale Xora bought.
  • Xora buys a couple rounds, and proceeds to tell you of her many exploits, all of which are petty taunts and pranks, mostly harmless, but some were probably scandalous. Savann seems more interested in the execution of things, Xora's taken with the "statement" of it all.

She pays you as agreed, then pays for a fourth round. Are you drinking to get drunk or just playing along? Seems like she wants to make this an impromptu party. How long do you stick around?
  • Ladro Eyes

I'll play along for the fourth round, but no longer. I don't want to leave Hosk feeling he has to keep dry to watch my back, and I certainly don't want to stagger back to the ship drunk after my encounter with Leeadra this morning. As we drink, "Xora, Savann, it's been a pleasure doing business with you, but tomorrow is another day, yes, and I have some sleep to catch up on. Feel free to contact us aboard the Star-Crossed Libation if you need anything else while we're on-planet."
  • They raise their glasses to you and you leave. A couple minutes later, Hosk comes out, too. He had to keep his cover, not that the two Falleen seemed to care. Well, Savann maybe.

"I thought they were trying for a threeway, Lad. But we're paid, and you got some free drinks, so it's not bad at all for a day's work." He bobs his head a little as he walks, his normal scowl gone. "Where you heading?"
  • Ladro Eyes

I'm glad to see the scowl gone. "I was actually thinking to head back to the Libation, but I'm open to suggestions. Any thoughts? And hey, have you heard anything about 'knownothing'? Heard some talk, earlier, and it seems like a bad thing. Not looking to hit it, just curious."
    Hosk answers seriously, "That's some serious poodoo, Lad. Kind of spice that'll rot your brain out, all on account of trying to feel numb. Really gets its hooks into you. Steer clear." He glances up at you, then back down again, "There's probably some dealers around here, I'd say. Where'd you hear about it?"
  • Ladro Eyes

"Eh, saw some dealers hassling someone who was trying to get off the stuff. Seemed like a nasty situation. Nothing for us to worry about, though." Although I am worried. "So, do you have a plan, or do I head back to the Libation?"
    Hosk accepts your answer about the spice. He seems to be headed towards the the docks. "We could head back to Uni's. Maybe your Cathar lady'll be there." His tone is a tiny bit teasing.
  • Ladro Eyes

"Maybe, but somehow I doubt it, Hosk. She's..." I don't sigh, but I think about it. "...something else. Anyway, I look forward to talking more with your old comrade. Maybe hearing some embarrassing stories? About you, that is, not about me."
    "Embarrassing stores about me? Lad, there's no such thing. I don't kark things up, you should know this by now." He lights up another deathstick.

A screen wipe later and you're sitting at the bar with Hosk. After those ales at BOB, you're starting to feel a bit light-headed. Vina Zon and her Nautolan partners are here, as are a pack of Verpine. There's a miserable-looking Bith in his cups at the end of the bar. Loolian serves you up, politely chatting with you, but mostly Hosk. No Ahji Dar, though.
  • Ladro Eyes

I'm taking it easy, drinking slow and alternating with plenty of water. "So, Loolian, Hosk insists that you won't be able to tell me an embarrassing story about him, because there are none. Is that true?"
  • "If Hosk says there are no stories to cause him embarrassment, then it must be true." Loolian replies with that calm, gentle tone while tapping a couple orders into the screen on the bar. Then, the Kaminoan looks up with a passive expression, a lilt in the voice, "But my culture would find a certain memory of him to be amusing. I am sure Bothans do not share this as funny."

Loolian then daintily shares a story of Hosk getting so drunk he ended up peeing "in the corner" of a bar on Nar Shaddaa, in front of a Hutt's slave dancer, as she was on stage. To which, Loolian adds politely, "She did, of course, remark that he was not... proportionate." Loolian titters the tiniest of laughs. Hosk rolls his eyes.
  • Ladro Eyes

I choke back a comment that surely would have made Hosk very angry and, instead say, "That's our Hosk, eh, Loolian? Any excuse to whip that thing out." I chuckle.
    "Not proportional... heh heh" Hosks says as he shifts on his stool, his feet hanging over the floor by a bit.

You continue swapping tales for a bit longer, but then Loolian becomes inordinately interested in something on the screen. "Friend Hosk, do you have Imperial Business?" Hosk shakes his head "no" sharply. Loolian looks up to announce, "A squad of stormtroopers are attempting entry into the Vulgar Unicorn bar. Do any of you wish to head outside to speak with them and avoid an unseemly altercation?"

The crowd starts getting nervous, standing up, looking for exits, drawing blasters. "There is an alternate exit, but it is also covered. Please do not shoot up my bar, this would be most irritating."

Hosk glances over the bar at the small vid screen, picks up a datapad and shows it to you, Ladro. "Lad... I think we're in deep poodoo."

On the vid feed is an Imperial Officer, Captain bars on his chest, surrounded by three troopers who are armed, of course, and watching the camera and surrounding area.
    Sark

He's holding a datapad of his own, displayed for the camera to pick up. It reads:
    Ladro Hosk If you please.

Hosk grumbles angrily while extending his rifle, "I've never seen this guy before. This isn't my fault!"

You've never seen him before, either, Ladro.

What do you do?
  • Ladro Eyes

I stand and begin to walk reluctantly to the door. "Hosk, I'm going to greet the good officer and see what he wants. Feel free to join me, or take the alternate exit. Loolian, do me the favor of contacting the Star-Crossed Libation if this goes poorly?."
  • Loolian agrees with a courteous nod. The people in the bar, seeing a sacrificial lamb, put away blasters, but don't relax.

Hosk holsters his rifle and hops off his stool to join you, "Hey, before you get ideas about going solo. My name was on that pad, too." He grumbles, pretending it's to himself, "Damn Kiffu gloryhog. Always thinks it's about him."
  • Ladro Eyes

"It's Kiffar, Hosk. And it usually is about me. Come on, then." I make sure my blaster is secured, don't want the Imperials to get the wrong idea. A few more steps and we're at the door. I open it.

"Captain. How can we help you?" This is stupid. I should've gone out the back.
  • The door slides open only long enough for you to exit with Hosk and slides closed again. Two troopers move up to stand by the door. There are over a dozen of them, including one with a red shoulder flap, indicating a sergeant rank. Or something. How much do you know about Imps? Hosk knows a karking lot.

"Greetings, Ladro Vos, Hosk Fey'la. You may call me Sark." He looks over to the sergeant trooper, who walks up to grab Hosk by the arm, leading him away. Sark looks at you, then turns smartly, "Walk with me, Ladro."

He begins walking, in a direct opposite direction from where three troopers are walking with Hosk and the sergeant. They've split you up, just like that. The remainder of the squad is standing in front of the Uni, on guard.

Sark's taken a couple steps, he isn't looking back or waiting for you. He assumes you're following. You could maybe make a break for it, leave Hosk behind. You'd need to run hard, dodge a few blaster bolts. Or you can catch up to Sark.

What do you do?
  • Ladro Eyes

I hurry a few steps to draw up next to Captain Sark. I'm pretending I do this every day, chatting with Imperial officers, but really Hosk is the expert. What I know about Imps is summed up in one phrase Hosk growled at me shortly after we met: "Lad, avoid them."
  • Sark header
    "Ladro," Sark begins as he walks down the dingy corridors crisply, his hands clasped behind his back. "I hope you don't mind the informality. I understand you don't wish to use your surname. I can't say I blame you." He glances over, looking to read some reaction from you. What does he see?

"Did you know that less than a decade ago, here on Falleen Throne, there was a biological disaster? It was quite terrible. A manufactured contagion grew out of one house's control and spread like wildfire." He recites this with precision, enunciating as if talking in front of a class, not just you. But it is just you. "Do you know what it took to stop the disease, Ladro?"

He pauses his speech, inclines his head to you as if waiting for an answer. After a beat, he continues, "The powerful Lord Vader had to incinerate an entire city. Hundreds of thousands of Falleen as well as other unfortunate beings. Such was the price the Falleen people paid for the continued existence of their precious capital planet."

He slows to a stop at an intersection, turning right as if he'd planned the route. It's heading to a dead end, Ladro. There are no troopers down in the dead end, just debris and refuse, the corner has become a dumping ground for the underground neighborhood.

You realize he's not wearing a blaster. None of the troopers took yours. Isn't that odd?

What do you do?
  • Ladro Eyes

I swallow. I have no idea what's happening here. I originally assumed it was about Ahji Dar, but that would've been just me, and if Hosk's involved? I saw the scan of the chemical that was on the flowers. It wasn't some sort of biological agent. Was it?

"Captain Sark, I have the impression that you're about to tell me just how badly I'm farkled, but I'm afraid that I have no idea why."
  • Sark header
    A quick serpentine smile appears, then vanishes, "Very astute, Ladro." He stops, mere feet away from the garbage at the end of the alley. It seems like he's in no way worried about the trash, that he's put his hands in it if needed. "Since that terrible incident, the Falleen have become overly zealous on any and all biological threats. And unfortunately, your recent work with House Terrik put you on the wrong side of the law." He holds up a hand, "I'm rather sure Xora and Savann thought they were skirting just outside of these over-reactive penalties, but nonetheless, you are in a great deal of trouble. Which is unfortunate, Ladro. Truly unfortunate."
  • Ladro Eyes

I glance at the garbage and think about the sheer confidence and power being Imperial gives this man. He doesn't need a blaster, his uniform and rank are all the weapon he needs.

"I don't know what you're talking about, of course, but it seems to me that you could easily have sent a pair of Stormtroopers to arrest me. Here you are, though. Is there something that interests you about me in particular, Captain Sark?" I'm staying cool, but it's an effort.
  • Sark header
    Sark regards you for a long moment before responding. "Yes, Ladro. There is." He puts his hands behind his back, and remarks, "You travel within the Mid and Outer Rim, where I need eyes and hands. You are attached to a tramp freighter with a decent reputation not nothing noteworthy. You have your own private transport, making you effectively invisible. I am interested in utilizing your talents from time to time, in exchange for helping you with this particular, ah, incident."
  • Ladro Eyes

Hosk is not going to like this.

"And my partner? What sort of offer is he being made?"
  • Sark header
    "None whatsoever. This offer is for you. He thinks you are being questioned about Ahji Dar." Sark responds with a hint of mirth there.

• Ladro Eyes

"You want me to work for the Empire and keep it from my partner? Captain, that's not only reprehensible, but it would make it harder to do whatever it is you want me to do." I realize after I shut my mouth that I didn't say "no." He's got me on the karking hook.
  • Sark header
    Sark asks simply, "Do you honestly believe you could work as my agent more effectively if Hosk were aware of your activities?"
  • Ladro Eyes

He has a point. I sigh. "Will I be able to act like these are normal jobs? He's going to know what I'm doing... we share a shuttle."
  • Sark header
    "Of course you may." Sark responds curtly. "It is, in fact, actual work. The source, and the true nature of the work and how it is shared with your partner is your choice. I will be able to offer you a stipend from time to time as well." He pauses, looking you over, "Is there a chance you would divulge the details of Ahji Dar's whereabouts?"
  • Ladro Eyes

"Captain Sark, there is truly no chance. I don't know. She is very... cautious." Among other things.

For once, I think about what I'm going to say next. "It seems you have me in your sights, Captain, and you're locked on target. I'm now in your employ, for better or worse." Worse. Definitely worse.
  • Sark header
    "It seems so." Sark agrees. He purses his lips for a moment, then asks, "One last question, Ladro. Will you need to be injured to reflect your steadfast devotion to Ahji Dar and refusal to divulge her whereabouts?" He stands there, hands clasped behind his back, not offering to hit you. Well, not directly.

• Ladro Eyes

Ah. "If you don't mind," I say with grudging respect for the man's devious mind, "It would be a kindness." I try to stay loose.
  • Sark header
    Sark unclasps his hands, bringing them to his sides. He waits for a moment, checking that you're ready, then cracks his knuckles with audible pops, stretches them out, fingers wide, just once, closing them to fists.

Without further words, he begins to pummel you. In quick, short strikes, on areas that will show the damage. Meaning - your face, mostly.

(take 1-Harm. There's no Harm move for this, he's that precise)
  • Ladro Eyes

That was thorough. "I appreciate your professionalism, sir," I say as I spit out some blood. I could ask questions about communication channels and recognition signals and all of that, but I suspect I don't need to. I'll know what I need to know, when I need to know it.

"Anything else?"
  • Sark header
    "Yes, one more thing." Sark replies. He's looking over his knuckles now, checking the small contusions caused by your cheek and jaw. He doesn't seem terribly concerned, doesn't wince. He's merely taking stock. He finishes his personal inventory, then reaches into his pocket and pulls out a small holocron comm, "Take this communicator. You'll need to boost the signal through the shuttle's relay, and it won't work in hyperspace, but it is shielded and private. This is how I'll initially attempt to contact you for future work. Don't worry about reporting in on your whereabouts. I know exactly where the Star-Crossed Libation is headed."

With that, he'll walk with you back to the entrance to the Uni, which is still closed. Hosk is there, sporting a bleeding lip and his left eye is swollen shut. He looks up at you, anger pouring off of him, even though two troopers are on either side of him.
  • Ladro Eyes

I pocket the communicator.

I give Hosk a painful, lopsided grin, followed immediately by a wince. "And to think the blindfold worried me, last night. Now I'll be forever grateful for that strip of silk. Can I buy you a drink to make up for it, if Loolian lets us back in?"
    Hosk replies bitterly, searching his pockets for a deathstick, "Kong that, I'm not dragging any more trouble to Loolian's door tonight. I'm headed to BOB. Gonna drink myself stupid on Falleen noble creds, then stagger back to the shuttle. You wanna buy me an ale there or give me a marker for another time, Lad?"
  • Ladro Eyes

"You're right, Hosk. Loolian doesn't need any more of me tonight. But, if you'll let me, I will drink myself stupid with you, and cover more than half the rounds. I'm sure these gentlemen are done tenderizing us."
  • We skip ahead to the pair of you sitting at a table. The Falleen aren't here anymore. There are a few Rodians in matching jumpsuits, they look like loaders, a couple Duros in flightsuits, and a Chiss woman a few stools away, her cobalt blue skin marred by a few white scars on the side of her neck and her shoulder. They look ritualized, those scars.

Hosk takes a draught of the round you bought, looks over to you, asking, "Lad, you alright? I'm guessing you didn't give her up?"
  • Ladro Eyes

I shake my head. "Honestly couldn't have, even if I wanted to. I wasn't making up the blindfold. She's as skittish as a Kowakian monkey-lizard." I feel like poodoo, even though I'm not actually lying, yet. "Wouldn't have if I could, though. She is one amazing being." I drink another shot of whatever's in front of me.
    "Amazing or no, she's trouble with a capital T. Good that you're ignorant here, Lad. And best we move on. Lee got a line on a haul, we should be gone tomorrow. I hope we don't come back to Falleen Throne anytime soon. You?"
  • Ladro Eyes

I'm no oracle, but I'm seeing a conversation in the future where I admit to Hosk what really just happened. I take another shot. "I'll be glad to be gone, Hosk. Glad to be gone."

I take another shot, then order a Moloko Plus. Remembering.

When I wake up, I'm not sure if Hosk helped me to the shuttle, or if I helped him. I'm pretty sure that a Bantha stepped on my head at some point, though, and apparently there's still sand in my mouth from Tatooine.
  • --End Scene--