[LB] Table Chatter

1235»

Comments

• Look! We're basically famous now :o
    http://jankcast.com/archives/2776
  • Sorry I've been so... not here... I shall be better. I shall also post soon.

• edited January 2015
    This explains why some random person on my feed was like, "Oh, hey, awesome game!" And I played it cool, but, secretly, I was like, what the heck? How did you find me?
  • Snargle, that's a great line! :) Definitely got a giggle out of me!
  • Snargle is going to max out on chuckles alone.
  • How would you fine ladies and gentlemen like to help Snargle? Every die is appreciated.
  • I'll definitely help. See the thread for how.
  • edited January 2015
    Helping!
  • Woo hoo! Go Snargle!
  • davidjay said:

KaleArkamHeader

I’m thinkin of all the girls (well, most of em were girls) that King Uriah brought into his cabin when I served on his boat.

...just caught this after re-reading, aw yeah XD best of both worlds.
  • I think at least a couple of you need a refresh scene? Ideas?
  • I definitely want a scene with Kale at some point.

Also- FIRST LB GAME I'VE PLAYED WHERE THE DEEP BLUE BECOMES A THING! WHOO!
  • What about Lady Blackbird learning the sky song?
  • Rich said:

What about Lady Blackbird learning the sky song?

Yes!!!

• edited February 2015

I AM FREAKING OUT!!!!!

Lady Blackbird 2!
  • Sorry I disappeared for a few days! Craziness going on in the real world!
  • Sorry I disappeared for a few days! Craziness going on in the real world!

Welcome back! I hope things are working out.
  • Oh yeah, things are good (kickstarter is up and running!), just crazy.
  • Oh yeah, things are good (kickstarter is up and running!), just crazy.

Good luck, sir! Just ordered my copy this morning. Looks like you'll hit your goal pretty easily.
  • Checking in!

I just posted for Lady Blackbird's solo refresh. I am digging the other two scenes, don't see a need to cut them quite yet. I may add some background, but you're the stars!
  • Huzzah! I'm backing the land of the living after three straight days of travel and job interview craziness. Should be more regular with posting, now.
  • I should be back to my usual self soon, as well. Sorry to have been absent.
  • I'm just going to point out I'm having a blast with this game.

That is all.
  • Kale is just so darn cute!

• Cyrus is super cute too <3!
  • I might've accidentally just bought off Key of the Mission :0
  • davidjay said:

I might've accidentally just bought off Key of the Mission :0

WHOAH.
    I've never seen that happen before. Neat! Let me know if it is an official thing.

• edited February 2015
    ...just signed up for LB @ Dreamation to see what it's like F2F, but I dont think it will be a better group than this one D:
  • ...just signed up for LB @ Dreamation to see what it's like F2F, but I dont think it will be a better group than this one D:

I'm running LB or the new one tomorrow with newbie RPGers. I have to make sure not to judge them on how "wrong" the characters might be, haha.
    Rich said:

davidjay said:

I might've accidentally just bought off Key of the Mission :0

WHOAH.
    I've never seen that happen before. Neat! Let me know if it is an official thing.
    Yeah, let's make it official! My favorite RPG moments are when my characters surprise me :)
  • What advances are you going to take? More Voidblood?
  • What advances are you going to take? More Voidblood?

I've got to save that for more teaching scenes ;)
    The button clicks softly as it settles into its fitting. "Oops."

I think we all just died, haha.
  • BTW, the button image is a link.
  • Ooh, a button I can actually press! I approve!
  • So good, Andrea. So good.
  • WPTunes said:

So good, Andrea. So good.

I adore Snargs! Oh, btw's, laughter happened. Almost forgot to tell you! I was giggling so hard when I saw that! She's such a brat! :)

• davidjay said:

The button clicks softly as it settles into its fitting. "Oops."

I think we all just died, haha.
    Also, since I apparently forgot to reply yesterday... (Stupid roommate!)

I am pleased! :)
  • Great refresh scenes all around. I'll get a new scene up tonight or early tomorrow.
  • davidjay said:

What advances are you going to take? More Voidblood?

I've got to save that for more teaching scenes ;)
    Yay! More lessons! Also, thanks for trying to look out for LB, Kale.
  • Also, it's probably about time for another XP check... I've got nothing for Naomi. Not a lot of fighting or protecting LB this round.
  • Yeah, I have to think about my XP. I'm debating if I've bought off key of hidden longing.
  • LOOKING FORWARD TO NEW KEYS!!!!

This is very unexpected and exciting.
  • Kale gets the most adorable character ever award.
  • Trying to kick up the drama. Hope I'm not going overboard ;)
  • davidjay said:

Trying to kick up the drama. Hope I'm not going overboard ;)

Not in my eyes!
  • YES. YES YES YES.

(A recap of what I just blurted out at my desk.)
  • I laughed in my car just picturing them staring at each other like BUHHHHHHH....
  • Rich, do you want us to roll separately, or can I just throwing helping dice at people left and right? :)
  • Feel free to help!
  • Great! Thanks! :) I didn't want to have to roll for those things!
  • Thanks for the assist, Andrea!

I'll wait and give you first say in this engine room scene we have going since I just got done ordering Bishop around, haha.
  • Haha, I was waiting on you because you WERE ordering her around, but methinks I can come up with something here!
  • Haha, narrative control of the magi.
  • Work's busy for me this week. Not sure about daytime post rates.
  • David and Andrea, do you two want to do a quick scene here, or should I move along?
  • Didn't get a chance to check in during the weekend and didn't see we were waiting on me. Sorry about that, folks.

I sort of like just leaving the Kale/Bishop scene there.
  • I'm going to make an attempt to stop apologizing and start remembering to post more better. So, to that end, I will in fact be paying attention and throw my oar in when it's needed.
  • davidjay said:

I don't understand what you mean, David. Are you saying the scene stays in the thread where it is and we'll play it through? Does it mean leave it hanging and move past it? Something else?
  • Rich said:

davidjay said:

I don't understand what you mean, David.
    Yeah, sorry. There's multiple ways to interpret that, haha. I meant we should end that scene there and go with whatever's next.

I wouldn't mind playing it out, it could be interesting, but I don't think Kale understands/is in tune enough with his feelings that he understands why he's so upset.

Plus, I feel it would kind of be hilarious to just end it with Bishop in that really awkward moment.

What do you think, Andrea (and everyone else)?
  • Sure, we can definitely leave it there! Totally works for me to move on if you like!
  • Here's what I did. I created a new scene, but left the old one open. If Kale and Naomi do want to have a couple words, they can. Otherwise, we move on, and can revisit.
  • No one else was posting, so I decided to do a thing. If it's pretty obvious what happened between the lady and the captain (like, I dunno, they're holding hands or making out in the corner), let me know and I'll revise. In the meantime, I'm going to assume there's some tension, because it amuses me to confuse Naomi.
  • ...so much for the sorcery lessons.
  • *crickets chirp*
  • Sorry! I was in Canada the past weekend with no real internet access, so I've been behind on stuff. I posted! Back on track!
  • CyrusVanceHeader

Cyrus smiles in spite of himself. He nervously eyes Kale, Snargle, and Bishop. He's not used to being vulnerable in front of his crew, and he's worried that Bishop would break him in two if she knew what he and Blackbird had been getting up to.

Don't worry! She won't hurt him! ...Much. :)
  • Quick pulse check!

This could be an ending to the story. I mean, it is the super-mega happy ending version. I'm not lobbying for it, I'm pointing it out.

We've had a good five month run, which is super for PBP! If folks are ready to sunset, this is the best time for it in recent play.

THAT SAID

If we want to keep going, then we're in some interesting new territory. The Owl is headed to the Remnants to tell the Pirate King that Lady Blackbird is not going to marry him? Is that the course? (that's quite amusing to me, flying for weeks to tell a guy he isn't wanted, awesome)

Of course, there's Count Carlowe. And others who will be chasing you.

Does that still sound fun?
  • I'd be cool with just drawing it to a close on that high note.
  • If we're closing up, I'd like to do an epilogue, please!
  • I'm torn between my desire to see what happens in the remnants and my desire to try out more play by post games. I'm sort of leaning toward the former, but I do love a good epilogue ...
  • If we're good for epilogues, I can set up an epilogue thread and let you all close things out.
  • edited March 2015
    Oh... I have failed to provide the Snargle sparkle recently, and I regret that. This said, I feel that I could go either way. I'm happy to epilogue, and David, if you've caught the bug I'm sure we can find a way to feed the fever soon.
  • Hmmm... I'm with David. I do want to see what happens in the Remnants, but this is a good place to end and I wouldn't mind moving on to another game.
  • ...no more epilogues?
  • Holy cow, I'm sorry I missed this! Sorry, it was finals week and I had a flurry of grading, and it just slipped my mind. I'll head over now!
  • edited March 2015
    I was waiting to see how the Cap fared (plus I sort of didn't want this game to end, haha).
  • Where's Snargs?
  • Snargle has spoken. No one-liners.