[LB] Table Chatter

Comments

• Lady Blackbird can offer Kale a Helping die. Otherwise, he gets some fallout (mwahahaha, it won't be so bad)
  • *throws a die at kale*
  • Should I roll that or shall we have the Lady do it?
  • Haha, I don't think it's Kale's lucky day. (Like most days, poor Kale.)
  • (Rolled: 1d6 . Rolls: 4. Total: 4)
  • Dammit, you beat me XD sorry!
  • I got trigger happy ;)

Thanks though! I'm ok with failing this roll. (David's ok with it, not so much Kale.)

Should make things interesting, haha
  • edited November 2014
    Does making Mary hide beneath her bed count as showing authority for Key of the Paragon?
  • This action sequence is super exciting and I don't want to let it run away any further while I'm swamped at work. I put a hold on the scene for a few hours. I'll post before I leave work.

Sorry for the full stop, it won't happen often.
  • This action sequence is super exciting and I don't want to let it run away any further while I'm swamped at work. I put a hold on the scene for a few hours. I'll post before I leave work.
    That's a good thing. I should really be working too right now.

As for keys, I was being influenced by the Key of Greed and the Key of Fraternity. I wouldn't say I put myself in danger for either of them though.

• I'm going to try to use any of the quick tags you'll give Kale on my next roll. I think an argument could be made for any of them. ;)
  • I'm going to try to use any of the quick tags you'll give Kale on my next roll. I think an argument could be made for any of them. ;)
    One thing about the PBF medium that is pretty neat in Lady Blackbird is if you can use the Trait and tags in a sentence to describe your action. First of all, it's a neat little challenge. Secondly, it adds some nice flavor. Last, but not least, it definitely makes the tags "fit" more easily as justification of their use in the roll.

FREX:
    Trait of Tricky, tags of Quick, Dirty Fighting, Tumbler, Escape, Contortionist

Right now, I could see Kale using all of those tags to get past the blonde sideburned guard except dirty fighting (although that might make it into a clever description) and contortionist.
  • For future reference, should I describe a rollable action like that in this table chatter thread or right in the thick of things?

With that first roll I made this afternoon, I made sure to spell out what dice I was using in order so that if one or more didn't jibe with you, you could just drop those, since they'd be in order.
  • Okay, I'm done with spamming the thread with massive posts! Someone else be amazing now!
  • No way, that was awesome!
  • Thank you, David! :)

Nice job, Kale!!
  • For future reference, should I describe a rollable action like that in this table chatter thread or right in the thick of things?
    I'm good with you posting in live thread. If there's something "hinky", I may waggle a finger, but nothing more. If it's egregious, I may delete the roll and ask you to revise. I'm more interested in trusting you all to play with what makes sense, rather than stretch too far.

• I'm good with you posting in live thread. If there's something "hinky", I may waggle a finger, but nothing more. If it's egregious, I may delete the roll and ask you to revise. I'm more interested in trusting you all to play with what makes sense, rather than stretch too far.
    Nice. Thanks. Still getting the hang of this play by post thing I guess :)

• Nice. Thanks. Still getting the hang of this play by post thing I guess :)
    If you'd rather post roll suggestions here in Table Chatter for a few more rolls, that's okay, too! I think you're doing great.

• Hey Rich. Ol' Snargle's down to 3 in her pool. When it makes sense, can I get a refresh scene?
  • Hey Rich. Ol' Snargle's down to 3 in her pool. When it makes sense, can I get a refresh scene?
    It makes sense now. You can do a flashback, which we'll set up as a solo scene (or not solo, depending on circumstances), or you can hold until the fight is over (trust me, it's just about over) and chat with another PC for a bit. What do you prefer?

• I wouldn't mind a refresher to heal up that shoulder. Can we share?
  • Cool! That's the impression I was getting from your hints. Just wanted to make sure :)
    I'm already formulating a cute bonding thing :3
  • Sweet. Looks like we need to wrap this scene up. Lady B and Kale have a refresh. What about Snargle, any ideas, Paul?
  • edited November 2014
    David, I had an idea for a casting conversation between them, but if you wanna do a different refresher in the meantime :) that's cool.
  • The refresher between Lady B and whoever else can easily be "Are you really Lady friggin Blackbird?" It doesn't have to be a big drawn out thing. It's cool, it should be organic and let us learn a bit about the characters.
  • Annnnnnnd I need one as well. Apparently, that combat wiped most of us out!
  • Rich, I'm happy to follow your lead... not too full up on Snargle ideas yet.
  • yay, this is the perfect time for it! I'll leave it as an open scene and folks can break off for little refreshes.

Anyone want to refresh with Snargle?
  • If we're saving the Kale-Lady's scene, Snargs and Kale (and maybe the Cap) can flashback to earlier days on the Owl.
  • If we're saving the Kale-Lady's scene, Snargs and Kale (and maybe the Cap) can flashback to earlier days on the Owl.
    Ooh! I do like that.

Any idea for a trigger? Or a specific question to answer?

Maaaybe.... how is it that The Owl ended up with this job with Lady B anyways?
  • Refresh scene ideas:
    * Naomi and Jonas in the pit
    * Vance, Kale and Snargle getting the job they're on right now
    * Lady B doesn't need a refresh, she can continue talking to Caess

Sound good?

ALSO, I'm worried we're posting too fast and leaving Vance behind. I need to be mindful of that, please help me out there, folks. I'm loving Vance so far, but I'm worried we're blowing poor Todd away when I said it was a post a day thing.
  • Hey Rich and all. Sorry I'm not always keeping up. I am pretty busy, but I'm trying to keep in there. The real problem is that since I teach and have a baby, there are just certain times of the day I'm blocked out from posting at all. Having said that, I'm totally having a blast, and I feel like I'm still getting in there to mix it up, so don't worry about me. If anything, I just feel bad that I was away while the guards got taken out and I didn't get a chance to roll any dice and contribute!
  • So... Keys. Do we just call them out when we think we've hit them? Because I think I hit the Key of the Warrior there...
  • So... Keys. Do we just call them out when we think we've hit them? Because I think I hit the Key of the Warrior there...
    You TOTALLY hit that Key! If you'd done the murdering on guards, you'd hit key of vengeance, too But you're pursuing key of guardian instead. nice work.

• Hey Rich and all. Sorry I'm not always keeping up. I am pretty busy, but I'm trying to keep in there. The real problem is that since I teach and have a baby, there are just certain times of the day I'm blocked out from posting at all. Having said that, I'm totally having a blast, and I feel like I'm still getting in there to mix it up, so don't worry about me. If anything, I just feel bad that I was away while the guards got taken out and I didn't get a chance to roll any dice and contribute!
    It's a problem with group scenes. I normally run PBP with lots of smaller pairs and solo scenes. I wanted to see how a group scene would work.

There's no need for an apology, Todd. I asked for a post a day, and you're doing that. I don't want to leave you behind. I'm sure Vance will have some die rolling coming up soon.
  • Refresh scene ideas:
    * Vance, Kale and Snargle getting the job they're on right now.
    I'm cool with that!

• Got it! Thanks! :)
  • I think Snargle just hit the Key of Conscience?
  • I think Snargle just hit the Key of Conscience?
    He sure did! Good job.
  • Key of the Mission for Kale seems overly ambiguous ...
  • Key of the Mission for Kale seems overly ambiguous ...
    I think it's open to interpretation. I'm cool to say both Lady B AND Kale have hit theirs by escaping from the brig.
  • edited November 2014
    Is everyone tracking XP earned and Pool Dice used in the GDoc?
    Ima go check now.

EDIT: Looks like it. Yay.
  • edited November 2014
    I couldn't add the mission key xp because iphone and google docs hate each other. Will do when I get home.
  • I couldn't add the mission key xp because iphone and google docs hate each other. Will do when I get home.
    I did it.
  • I think I have 2 XP. If that sounds right to you, I'm good.
  • That's cool, Todd.

I'll set up Refresh scenes later tonight, hopefully.
  • In case it isn't clear, you can work through flashbacks AND post in the Brig thread. I won't move past the brig itself until the flashbacks are done, though.
  • edited December 2014
  • Tavern/taxidermist?
  • edited December 2014
  • Tavern/taxidermist?
    I was thinking it was a buffet restaurant. heh

• edited December 2014
  • edited December 2014
  • edited November 2014
    Tavern/taxidermist?
    I was thinking it was a buffet restaurant. heh

You've gotta do something with those leftovers.
  • Super busy today, y'all. Sorry for slowness.
  • No worries, Rich! I can actually keep up when you're busy! :)
  • All - I'm unusually curtailed, posting-wise, for the next two days. Probably offline from a bit before 3pm (EST) until sometime around 10:30 or so (also EST, I'm not getting on a plane.) I should be able to keep up with reading via tablet and hotspot for some of that time, but I'm not great without a keyboard...
  • Thanks for letting us know.

BTW, folks- this is my first PbP experience and I'm really enjoying it. I've kind of avoided PbP but this is actually a ton of fun.
  • edited December 2014
  • Oh yes! Look what widdledragon (aka Whitney) made!!!

photo IMG_2893_zpsa131dd58.jpg
  • That is just the cutest thing ever!!!
  • Oh yes! Look what widdledragon (aka Whitney) made!!
    I love this!
  • crazy busy morning, hope to come up for air in the late afternoon.
  • Thursdays are generally busy for me (face to face game day :) ). I'm catching up now.

Can I say again that I love that pic of the crew? Why doesn't Kale get sweet glasses though ;)
  • Love the pic, too! Plus, Lady B smiled at Snargle!

I've got a pretty limited window today, again. Things are back to something more like normal for me next week.
  • He was too busy admiring how awesome his captain is to put them on for the photo XD
  • He was too busy admiring how awesome his captain is to put them on for the photo XD
    Hahaha! That makes sense.
  • poor kale :< sempai didn't notice you...
  • My dice pool is full and ready to rock, Todd! :)
  • That pic is awesome!
  • I'm glad you all like the doodle :D!

I'm about to head out to see family so I'll be busy driving for a few hours. I'll also be busy during the afternoon tomorrow. I'll get a few weekend posts out for sure, though.
  • I'm also on the run a lot this weekend. Don't have the time to put as much effort into my posts as usual, but I'll try to keep up :)
  • Tansy's eyes are red and her skin is white and a bit scaly because she survived a kiss from a sky squid. Kraken-kissed they call it. Some say that gives you special powers, that the Mother Squid chose you. Most say it's bunk.
    That sounds cool. Out of curiosity, did you mean its beak or suction cup?
  • edited November 2014
    Weekends are usually bad times for me to post, in part because I'm busy doing things and in part because my roommate is home...and I find it impossible to post coherently while he's around, because he doesn't listen to the TV at a reasonable level!

Sorry for the delay, guys!

Annnnnnnnnd, as I understand it, we're doing this fast and hard. If we're trying to be sneaky, let me know, and I'll fix this!
  • Heads up - I've got a busy day ahead of me, so I probably won't have a post up until this evening.

• That sounds cool. Out of curiosity, did you mean its beak or suction cup?
    Oh, I thought I'd be deliberately ambiguous. Could be beak, or tentacles, or just seeing the sight of one in all its glory. Or it could just be something some people tell other people to make themselves seem special.

Any of those could be interesting ;)
  • I'm a bit swamped with work since it's a short pre-holiday week. I should have a new scene up later this afternoon.
  • Sorry for no post last night! I will have one up today. Seriously, I mean it, the post is already started, I ended up pulling some reports for work and it took foreverrrrr.
  • New scene is up. I understand that some of you might be light posting due to holidays. That's totally cool!

If you're uber bored, let me know. Maybe we can do something over the holiday.
  • I was in holiday transit yesterday, but I can definitely post today. In fact, I'll get to doing that right now!
  • Yay! I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday!
  • Kale is not the best roller it seems, haha. Looks like there might be a darkness spell in my future.
  • Rich, your maps are the best.
  • Rich, your maps are the best.
    Thanks! I love Google Drawings, because I cannot draw straight lines.
  • edited November 2014
    The whitethorn ship looks like a star destroyer :O
  • The whitethorn ship looks like a star destroyer :O
    I was going for a pimp looking ride. :)
  • edited November 2014
    Which side of the control room did Kale fail his roll?

...did he even make it before alerting everyone of his presence :p?
  • Which side of the control room did Kale fail his roll?

...did he even make it before alerting everyone of his presence :p?
    Noodling on that now.

• edited November 2014
    "...if you can call it that."

:(
  • "...if you can call it that."

6 successes, and that's all she gets >:( you're welcome!
    I'm sure Todd saving the awesome narration all for me!

• But, then again, most of my friends have tried to kill me, so I can't say we're all that close.
    Quote of the day!
  • Glad you approve! :)
  • Uh, is Jonas still there :o?
  • edited November 2014
    Uh, is Jonas still there :o?
    uhm... I'll insert him. whoops!
    It's fixed!
  • I'm in transit today, so I might have to post sporadically. I'll definitely be able to get some stuff on there in the next hour or so, then tonight, but in between it might be difficult.
  • You folks and your weekend postings :p

Before I catch up real quick, I should also warn everyone that I'm having home computer problems. So for the next week or so there's a good chance that I won't be able to check/update in the evenings--just during my lunch break which is around this exact time.
  • You folks and your weekend postings :p

Before I catch up real quick, I should also warn everyone that I'm having home computer problems. So for the next week or so there's a good chance that I won't be able to check/update in the evenings--just during my lunch break which is around this exact time.
    Sorry about the weekend stuff, the holiday gave me too much free time.

As for lunch posting, thanks for the heads up and good luck getting the computer fixed.