[LB] Table Chatter

Comments

• After this scene wraps up can we has an XP review?
    You bet!
    Don't forget you can tack and suggest along the way, as well.
  • Snargle, our hero~!
  • Snargle, our hero~!
    +1!
  • Todd, we crossposted. I'm not envisioning the Owl being able to get to ground level in the city, but she's theoretically AT the tenement. How shall we handle this?
  • It occurs to me to say, "Never mind." You'll see The Owl when you leave the building, her ladder dangling. Daring maneuvers ahoy.
  • edited January 2015
    Beautiful post (and roll) there, Captain!
  • Oh, and sorry- I missed the stuff about the Owl! I was busy yesterday and couldn't get here much, but it's pretty fixed now, so I'm not worried.
  • Keys:

x1 paragon for the dance (already claimed)

x1 paragon for sticking up for Snargle.
    x1 paragon for not giving up the ring since it's more valuable than currency.
    x1 paragon for sympathizing with Naomi.
    x1 mission for escaping the flat?

Did I miss any key hits, or suggest too many?

x1 paragon for scolding kale when he made the couch all dirty XD I'm just kidding!
  • Sorry to hog the spotlight for a bit, but I'm pretty happy with how that turned out ;)

Also, by my calculation I've hit the key of greed (making sure I got those kitchems from the Lady) at least.

Maybe key of fraternity with the special moment I tried to start with the Cap (even though it didn't work out, haha) and key of the mission just now.

Anyone see anything others?
  • Whitney, your key hits are good.
    David, I agree with both key hits there. I'll look for any you might've missed. And please, dude, that spotlight was yours for the taking!
  • Take all the spotlights!!!

Speaking of which: I'm not sure Naomi's so handy with turrets, so someone else can go ahead and do the shooting thing there!

• Dang it, Snargle! I told ya once and I told a hundred times--the Owl's a so-fist-o-cated piece a machinery. Quit flyin her like she's a goblin glider at a rainy Orc-Moot.
    I just want to say a couple things here.
    so-fist-o-cated is my favorite word today!
    There are Orc-moots? ORC MOOTS!

hastily scribbles notes
  • ...did the scolding count XD?
  • Nah. Scolding was just for funsies. :P
  • LadyB-
    I love the sound of shells clinking against the floor.
    And the awesome quotes keep on coming!
  • Um. Oops? I think I squished the elf.
  • I think I squished the elf.
    (the ship can get injured, too. hehehehehe)

• I think I squished the elf.
    (the ship can get injured, too. hehehehehe)

Double oops!

I know I have that secret that I could use if I choose to, but I feel kind of goofy using it to reroll...because my current roll already defeats her, right? So it's not that I'd fail to protect the lady... I just failed to protect her without destroying everything in my wake.

• We're gonna need refreshes all around.
  • David :) think it's pearl time?
  • Got a post coming up here that's slightly out of order, because I type slow! (And a lot. I type a lot.)
  • Okay, sorry about that, folks...

Also, I think this is what I've got for keys hit/experience earned in the last two scenes:
    Key of the Guardian - Came running when Lady Fruit Salad screamed
    Key of the Guardian - Staying put in the flat/entertaining the lady rather than investigating sirens
    Key of the Guardian - Confronting Hecate
    Key of the Warrior - Fight with Hecate
  • David :) think it's pearl time?
    Next time we get down time on the ship let's make it happen! I saved an advance for it too ;)

Speaking of, Rich, would it be possible for Kale to pickup one of these magic -blooded tags and fold it into the petty magic? (Thinking Void-blooded would make the most sense/be the coolest.)

Maybe the Lady could discover something in Kale that no one else saw?
  • edited January 2015
    I was thinking so. I took senses for that reason...and to perhaps sense her boo's fireblood. Had it in my head her magic could sense his, but like in a 'look at that little loser's magic...we can cause malestoms lololololol' kind of way. But, it's enough to make her curious.
  • That sounds like a great refresh scene, David and Whitney! I'll set one up for you (after work).

Andrea, your XP tracking works for me.
  • (FYI - I totally stole the "bonus" part to Vance from Whitney)
  • 'look at that little loser's magic.
    Story of Kale's life ...
  • 'look at that little loser's magic.
    Story of Kale's life ...
    David just got one XP from me for Key of Banter

(in other words, I just snorted while sitting in my cubie at work)
  • Let's be clear that's the magic talking, not Natasha XD!
  • I'm waiting on Vance's description of the poison before I start describing symptoms, because it will be so awesome! (also: awful)
  • Oooh... Blackbird and Kale scene!
  • David, I wasn't sure if you settled on Void or not, so I left it open which kind of magic he 'hears'.
  • Natasha approves of all the flattery that she can't hear but approves of anyway!
  • Natasha approves of all the flattery that she can't hear but approves of anyway!
    You're welcome! :P
  • David, I wasn't sure if you settled on Void or not, so I left it open which kind of magic he 'hears'.
    I think I'll go with Void-blood. Doubt Kale would know what that means though.
  • edited January 2015
    Ok, do you want me to edit my post or should she just bring it up after yor next post?
  • Ok, do you want me to edit my post or should she just bring it up after yor next post?
    Nah, you don't have to edit it. I'd buy that she wouldn't be able to pinpoint the bloodline right away.

Also, sorry to keep you waiting. I'm hoping I'll get a couple mins to write up a post before I leave work.
  • Yeah, that makes sense. She'd have to ponder over it.

And don't worry about it :) it's all good.

Joys of being an adult.
  • Lady Blackbird: Thunderstorm on a Leash

David, I think you just made up the best rock band name ever.
  • David, I think you just made up the best rock band name ever.
    Haha. Todd, is that already a metal band? They always get the good ones.

• I think this scene is my fav so far, tied with the chat with Naomi. Yup, I like these two scenes EVEN MOAR THAN THE SCENE WITH NATASHA MAKING OUT WITH A HOT PIRATE!
  • If tongue-fencing with a sexy fireball-pirate is number three on your list of greatest things--you know you’re in the right game.
  • ...fireball pirate. You're just handing them out today.
  • Yeah, it's a nice scene. I'm enjoying some of these quiet refresh scenes right now!

Also, I think it's really funny that David and I have both settled on "if'n/iffin" as a thing that Cyrus and Kale say.
  • Also, I think it's really funny that David and I have both settled on "if'n/iffin" as a thing that Cyrus and Kale say.
    I love this evolving slang we're coming up with! Still trying to get "brass-beaters" to be a thing though ;)

• Squids as a curse word is my favorite.
  • Kale uses so much slang I think Natasha's brain implodes a little every time he says something.
  • I'm sorry, Todd. Naomi just sort of...writes herself...
  • I'm loving the refresh scenes, I really don't want to interrupt them. So tell me when they're near done.
  • Don't worry! That was interesting because I think Naomi just changed MY (as in Todd's) mind about what Cyrus should do about LB as well as Cyrus' mind.
  • edited January 2015
    Todd, is the Cap coming into our refresh? If so, omg so awesome XD!
  • You know, I wasn't planning on just barging my way in, but it did seem sort of perfect to get the love triangle together given that LB and Kale are having a moment between the two of them and then Naomi went ahead and gave the Cap a nice stirring speech about putting yourself out there.

If folks are cool with it, then yeah, Cap would make his way over.
  • Let me link you over and do an intro, Todd.
  • Don't worry! That was interesting because I think Naomi just changed MY (as in Todd's) mind about what Cyrus should do about LB as well as Cyrus' mind.
    Awesome!!
  • Yeah! That be great! More pathos for kale ;)
  • ok, linked over. Todd, are you posting?
  • Kale just totally broke my heart!
  • edited January 2015
    Kale just totally broke my heart!
    ;_; ...poor puppy.
  • Oh, and Lady B too. *sheepishly*
  • Oh, and Lady B too. *sheepishly*
    LOL!
  • Kale done did stole the show and our hearts.
  • Kale is the pickpocket.
  • Ha, I see what you did there.
  • edited January 2015
    Todd, does Cyrus know that LB and UF were a thing? Just curious.
  • Reading over the thread, I think I missed a bombshell yesterday. So Drabbler, the middling midwife, told the Lady she was pregnant before she got separated from Uriah last?
  • edited January 2015
    Yeah, but I assumed Kale missed it because he was too heartbroken sempai didn't notice him again. I was implying she found out she was pregnant, and Caess somehow knew...and LB woke up at home and was likely told she lost the baby.

They probably thought that was a good thing since they more than likely thought she was a captive somewheres, and LB's conclusion was: I'm not on Uriah's ship and this news sucks life sucks...which is another reason why she wasn't herself when she met Naomi.

On that note, Namoi is the best big sister ever!
  • edited January 2015
    Also, given how awkward that conversation was, I can totally see someone's reaction simply being pretending not to have heard and latching onto the nearest distraction!

And Naomi is kind of turning into everyone's big sister, and I love it.
  • Ohhhh. Cool. So dramatic, I love it!
  • Natasha still wants to teach him, tho!!!
  • Another quick question: do the lady and Naomi have guest quarters or something?
    We probably mentioned this somewhere but I can't find it at the moment
  • l think it says the owl has room for 4 bedrooms...Naomi and LB are likely sharing one.
  • (Lady B is asking the cap for a shirt, yes?)
  • Yup. Just waiting for cap to reply :)
  • Whew, just making sure.
  • I have an epilogue involving pearls when you two crazy kids are done ;)
  • I love this group!
  • I added Captain to her shirt request. Sorry for the confusion, but Cyrus isn't getting off that easily ;)
  • I have an epilogue involving pearls when you two crazy kids are done ;)
    neat!

• Sha lalalalalala don't be scared, you got the mood prepared go on and...kiss the girl. Sha lalalalalala don't stop now, don't try to hide it how you wanna...kiss the girl.
  • Hmmm... In my head, Cyrus is pretty sure UF and LB are a thing. He's not dumb, and if that's where we're heading, that seems about right.
  • Kiss her, kiss her!
  • Kale doesn't REALLY want that!
  • Oh well, I tried to give him another opening after Naomi's speech of doom.
  • At least now Kale has a chance with his sempai...
  • David wants it. Although David is entertained when Kale's in pain, haha
  • David wants it. Although David is entertained when Kale's in pain, haha
    Spoken like a true gamer.
  • Ready for me to add my button and end that (amazing) scene?
  • That was a great post, Todd!
  • edited January 2015
    Go ahead!
  • Ready for me to add my button and end that (amazing) scene?
    Yeah, end the scene on a high note!
  • His spelling is better than mine.
  • Kale is my favorite, you guys.
  • Those scenes were gold.
    Kale is quickly becoming my favorite character to play :)
  • I'm working up a new scene for the group. Busy morning.
  • Oh boy, I hope there's sky squids :D!