[LB] Table Chatter

Comments

• Sorry about the weekend stuff, the holiday gave me too much free time.

As for lunch posting, thanks for the heads up and good luck getting the computer fixed.
    Oh, no. I don't mind it at all! Keep them coming!

I just need a new charger. Ebay is sending it now, so hopefully it won't be long. :)
  • What's going on with Kale? I'm on the edge of my seat over here :p
  • Nooooooooo! Not the Whitethon ship D: they're my bros!!!

Also, Kale's fondess of Vance is so endearing XD I love it!
  • What are the Whitethorns? I think I might of missed that. I assumed it was just a fancy Imperial ship.
  • ALso, wow, what a close roll, haha.
  • Whitethorns is one of the noble houses :P
  • edited December 2014
    They've only been mentioned a few times once in a refresh.
  • edited December 2014
    Ah ok. I figured it was Hollas's personal TIE or something similar ;)
    More likely the fancy woman's ship though. Even better in Kale's eyes--surely there will be sparkly things in there, haha.
  • Snargle got an advance! Spent it to unlock "Mimic Shape" - seemed to make sense, given the narrative.
  • Ah, Kale spent an advancement to add "slight of hand" a few days ago too. I noted it on the google doc.
  • Key of greed? Eh? Eh? ;)
  • INDEED! Key of Greedy mc greediness. 2 XP for doing this in a firefight, you maniac
  • Haha, it seemed like a safe place to hide from stray bullets ...
  • Sheesh, that was close! Good thing you didn't try to do something incredibly wonderful!
  • Spent the Daredevil key-hit to up Snargle's dice pool to 8.
  • nice, Paul! Snargle be badness.

hey all! Since David's post limited and I've got a busy weekend. I'm declaring no posts after your next post (reaction) for the weekend. We'll pick it up Monday morning!
  • What a cliffhanger! (I love it.)
  • edited December 2014
    Flashbacks -

I'd like to see Lady B meet Naomi for the first time.

What about the crew of The Owl? Ideas?
  • How about when the captain found Kale stowing away on the Owl?
  • It might be cool for Snargle to have a Goblin-related flashback.
  • Cyrus is badass even when he's drunk :D
  • In my head, he's sort of playing it up a bit because he knew something was up!
  • In my head, he's sort of playing it up a bit because he knew something was up!
    ...well, he's still badass.
  • edited December 2014
    Wow, I loved/was very disturbed by the idea of pit-fighting wards. Very nice.

Also, now that Naomi is "unbroken" and "unbent" she's at least 66% Sand Snake in my mind :)

Also, also, I got my computer charger today and don't have to travel around like the last two weekends so I should be back to regular post schedule.
  • yay, David!
  • edited December 2014
    Aw, thanks! <3 (I had to Google Sand Snake, but that's alright!)

And that is super awesome! Yaysauce!
  • edited December 2014
  • edited December 2014
    David, did you make sure you got XP for Key of Greed, Key of Fraternity and Key of Mission in that last scene escaping the Hand of Sorrow?
    Whitney, I hope you got some for Paragon and Key of Mission.
    Andrea, you got Key of Warrior, Guardian and Vengeance in there.
    Todd, I feel like you hit Key of Outcast, right? Key of Commander, too, but I think you already took that one.
    Paul, you definitely hit Key of Daredevil, but we noted that above. Key of Banter for me, too.

EDIT: This is me noting what I feel like was hit. Some of you already took XP for above Keys.
  • David, did you make sure you got XP for Key of Greed, Key of Fraternity and Key of Mission in that last scene escaping the Hand of Sorrow?
    I took two for endangering Kale for greedy purposes. I'll add a couple more. Thanks!
  • Rich: this is why you're in charge! I totes missed all of those! Picking up the First Aid Trait.
  • Oooh, key of outcast. Nice. I'll take it.
  • edited December 2014
    Todd, she does still need to pay him for his services :) and she knows that.
  • I think Kale is the Owl's accountant ;)
  • Oh yeah, I get it, but Cap's a little self-conscious about how Blackbird looks at him, right about now!
  • edited December 2014
    I see Kale with a hungry, glazed-over look right about now.

...and he still has her pearls!
  • I see Kale with a hungry, glazed-over look right about now.

Sound right to me, haha.

I'm savings those for the inevitable Kale/Lady BB refresh scene.

I noted them on my google doc sheet though.

Also, wow, it's getting hard to type without slippin into Kale-English, haha.
  • I see Kale with a hungry, glazed-over look right about now.

Sound right to me, haha.

I'm savings those for the inevitable Kale/Lady BB refresh scene.

I noted them on my google doc sheet though.

Also, wow, it's getting hard to type without slippin into Kale-English, haha.
    Good call!
  • edited December 2014
  • Is Jonas still with us? I lost track of him?
  • Is Jonas still with us? I lost track of him?
    Edited him in. I think maybe he should move on, though. No need to clutter things.
  • Whitney made a suggestion that he parts ways when you reach Haven. It's a good idea. I'm going to edit that in.
  • That's a pretty good place to drop him off, methinks!
  • That's a pretty good place to drop him off, methinks!
    Jonas had moved on. I edited it in.

• Snargle, Kale, I'm roping you into my crazy plan!~ I figured I'd give you guys a chance to catch up before storming over, just in case the guys decide NOT to be nutters like Naomi.
  • edited December 2014
    Snargle

Snargle shifts into a more... Lady Freckles form. Still green, though. "Hush, angry man! Can't you tell it's time for dancing? There's even music." Snargle's arms go out, ready for a tango.
    Ah hahaha, that made me think of the hot green ladies from Star Trek.

PS: I laughed.
  • Snargle is seriously the best.
  • Also, I'm trying to pace myself so we don't leave everyone behind! :) I'd hate for there to be a whole fight before LB and Vance actually started dancing!
  • Also, I'm trying to pace myself so we don't leave everyone behind! :) I'd hate for there to be a whole fight before LB and Vance actually started dancing!
    Yay, dancing! Thank you, Vance, that made my day :D!

• Nice pull with the tango, Rich!
  • Nice pull with the tango, Rich!
    Thanks! I listened to ten different ones on YT, that one felt right.
  • edited December 2014
    I found a tango for Lady Freckles and Captain Sir to go with the song:
  • If for some reason two replies show up from Naomi, let me know. I swear I already typed up a reply, but I just logged in to check the game, and it's not there! I'm not sure if I forgot to post it or what...but, usually, my draft pops back up if I didn't actually post, so I have no idea! It's weird!
  • Busy morning. Hope to have posts up in the afternoon.
  • Aw, Snargle!!!
  • Heh. BTW, Rich told me over HO that he snickered at Snargle's latest, which I'm saying counts as hitting the Key of Banter. Objections?
  • Is kale a little peanut butter and jelly?
  • Kale's just too full of confusing feelings :p
  • Busy morning, hope to have the new scene up by noonish (for you, David)
  • He's gonna swim in the cottage Scrooge McDuck style!
  • Laying the seeds for the Kale/Lady B training montage ;)
  • edited December 2014
    Laying the seeds for the Kale/Lady B training montage ;)
    *thumbs up*

...show lot of things happening at once. Remind everyone of what's going on.
  • Snargle made me laugh with that fruit salad line. Someone give this goblin some XP!

• ...show lot of things happening at once. Remind everyone of what's going on.
    What do you mean?

• ...show lot of things happening at once. Remind everyone of what's going on.
    What do you mean?

• Oh great. Now this game is going to get shut down by NK :p
  • edited December 2014
    Snargle

Snargle stands up straight. "Snargle is not dirty, Snargle is not a people-stealer, and Snargle is not deaf. Snargle was invited here, which Lady Freckles says you were not. And Snargle has never fallen asleep with fruit on Snargle's face, unlike certain people in this room."

Snargle pauses, expectantly, then smiles, showing a mouthful of sharp teeth. "Snargle is ready to accept your apology now, Lady Fruit Salad."
    BURNED!!
  • Lady Fruit Salad is the best line ever! I will be giggling about this forever.
  • Yay! I'm pleased to provide entertainment AND I get to take an advance as a result. I think, since we're about to do a makeover on Lady B, that I shall choose to add the "disguise" tag to "Sly".
  • ...is Snargle a girl or a boy?
  • Tempted to be coy, but I've been thinking girl.
  • ...sigh. She's in a tub of water, and we all know what happens when you introduce electricity...too bad Natasha is not the murdering type.
  • Kale's so good at magic apparently, haha.
  • Kale's so good at magic apparently, haha.
    DAYUM
  • What happened with the dark spell?
  • What happened with the dark spell?
    CRAP! I'll edit that in. Thanks for the reminder, David!
  • edited December 2014
  • I'm on vacation this whole week (wooo!), so my posting frequency/time might be kind of wonky until next Monday. I'll try to have at least a post a day as promised.
    Can I also take this opportunity to say that I'm loving this game so far? :)
  • Aw, poor Kale.
  • Go, Snargle, go!
  • Speaking of Snargle kicking ass and taking names, since we entered the cottage...have we hit any Keys, Rich?
  • Speaking of Snargle kicking ass and taking names, since we entered the cottage...have we hit any Keys, Rich?
    I'll look back. Anyone have suggestions for hits?

• Uh, I don't think the Mission Key was hit, but maybe Paragon for sticking up for the crew in front of Lady Fruit Salad.

No keys hit while hiding in the flat, so far...
  • I'm not sure I have hit any keys hard, but I'll look back. I still haven't spent my last advance!

Also: someone on the cast's website asked if this is public and if they can read it. I didn't want to say yes until I checked with people (especially since I'm new to PbP!). So...

(a) is it? and
    (b) do folks mind if someone else reads this?
  • (a) It is public
    (b) I'd love to have folks check it out, you people are awesome!
  • edited December 2014
    Todd, I'd say you hit your Key of Hidden Longing for the dancing for sure! I think you also maybe hit Key of the Commander because you came up with your plan to hide us away in Haven!

And, also, nope, don't mind if this is read!

And methinks the only key I've hit is Guardian recently!
  • edited December 2014
    Rich already mentioned the dance keys XD
  • edited December 2014
    Wow, I'm all super behind and stuff. Thanks, Whitney! In that case, I retract all previous statements EXCEPT the one about being okay with people viewing the game. I'm still okay with that!
  • Todd, I'd say you hit your Key of Hidden Longing for the dancing for sure! I think you also maybe hit Key of the Commander because you came up with your plan to hide us away in Haven!

And, also, nope, don't mind if this is read!

And methinks the only key I've hit is Guardian recently!
    I agree with Andrea on those!
  • Cyrus missed out on cleavage too!
  • Hehehe... What a shame, what a shame!
  • Just read through the "Parasols" scene to date, btw. Lovely stuff, guys.
  • Just read through the "Parasols" scene to date, btw. Lovely stuff, guys.
    :D

• Todd, this is the best link to give for folks wanting to read ONLY the Lady Blackbird game:
    https://ngp.calypti.ca/categories/ladyb
  • Snargle will sneak to the ship and perform another daring rescue. Snargle eats daring rescues for breakfast.
    That definitely made me laugh!!
  • That definitely made me laugh!!
    Yay!

• WITH THE MAGIC OF THE EDIT BUTTON....

I'm making these scenes the openers for Session Two. Because, you know, it feels right to me.
  • That roll was kind of terrifying, Snargle!
  • Whew, back to work. My posting schedule should be back to normal. Now I have to catch up on all these posts I missed ;)
  • edited January 2015
    After this scene wraps up can we has an XP review?