[FURY] Valentine the Maestro D'

edited October 2015 in Fury

Stats

Valentine, ambiguous, vintage wear, pretty face, cool eyes, lean body, precise hands.

Cool=0
Hard+1
Hot+3
Sharp+1
Weird-1

X A devil with a blade: when you use a blade to go aggro, attack someone, or do battle, roll+hot instead of roll+hard.

X Everybody eats, even that guy: when you want to know something about someone important (your call), roll+hot. On a hit, you can ask the MC questions. On a 10+, ask 3. On a 7-9, ask 1:
  • how are they doing? what’s up with them?
  • what or who do they love best?
  • who do they know, like and/or trust?
  • when next should I expect to see them?
  • how could I get to them, physically or emotionally?
On a miss, ask 1 anyway, but they hear about your interest in them.

X Maestro D' special: If you hook another character up—with sex, with food, with somethin somethin, whatever—it counts as having sex with them.

X Fingers in every pie: put out the word that you want a thing—could be a person, could be somethin somethin, could even be just a thing—and roll+hot. On a 10+, it shows up in your establishment for you, like magic. On a 7-9, well, your people make an effort and everybody wants to please you and close is close, right? On a miss, it shows up in your establishment for you with strings wicked attached.

O You call this hot? when you do something under fire, roll+hot instead of roll+cool.

O Just give me a motive: name somebody who might conceivably eat, drink, or otherwise ingest something you’ve touched. If it’s an NPC, roll+hard; a PC, roll+Hx. On a 10+, they do, and suffer 4-harm (ap) sometime during the next 24 hours. On a 7-9, it’s 2-harm (ap). On a miss, some several people of the MC’s choice, maybe including your guy maybe not, get it, and all suffer 3-harm (ap).

Comments

• edited October 2015

Gear

a wicked blade, like a kitchen knife or 12” razor-sharp scissors (2-harm hand)
    oddments worth 7-barter
    fashion suitable to your look, including at your option a piece worth 1-armor (you detail)

Valentine's knives

Armor'd longcoat

HX

• Which of you do I find most attractive?
    Gates and August, you are both very compelling.

Bon is my favorite.

For everyone else, write Hx+1. It’s your business to see people clearly.

August the Skinner (Dave): Hx+3
    Gates the Hocus (Todd): Hx+3
    Dog the Chopper (Jen): Hx+1
    SeaTac the Gunlugger (Paul): Hx+1
    Bon the Angel (Trevis): Hx+1
    Vignette the Brainer (John): Hx+1

Special:
    1-hold: spend your hold any time to help or interfere with Gates, at a distance or despite any barriers that would normally prevent it.
    Val gets +1 forward on a roll that follows my advice.
    Your establishment provides for your day-to-day living, so while you’re open for business, you need not spend barter for your lifestyle at the beginning of the session.

XP

X X O O O

XX get +1hot (max hot+3)
    — get +1cool (max cool+2)
    — get +1hard (max hard+2)
    — get +1weird (max weird+2)
    XX get a new maestro d’ move
    — get a new maestro d’ move
    — add a security to your establishment
    — resolve somebody’s interest in your establishment
    — get a move from another playbook
    — get a move from another playbook

— get +1 to any stat (max stat+3)
    — retire your character (to safety)
    — create a second character to play
    — change your character to a new playbook
    — choose 3 basic moves and advance them
    — advance the other 4 basic moves
  • edited June 2015

Establishment / NPCs

Valentine's Yacht Club

Main act: Spectacle (autoduel)
    Side Attractions: Scene (see and be), Coffee(/Tea)

Has music, not known for it. Valentine can never keep a live musician, but there's a decent-not-great sound system with music chips.
    Same for food. Some snacks catch as catch can, mostly BYO tailgating.

Security:
    A real gang (3-harm gang small 1-armor)

Atmosphere:
    Violence, eavesdropping, luxury, a cage

Your regulars include these 5 NPCs (at least): BeanBeanBean, Ba, Camo, Toyota and Lits.

Who is your best regular? Toyota, big Asian dude, gambling addict, pays off bad bad debt with whole hog BBQ.

Who’s your worst regular? [TBA]

These 3 NPCs (at least) have an interest in your establishment:

Who wants in on it? [TBA]

Who do you owe for it? Admiral

Who wants it gone? [TBA]

NPCs:
    Ivar
    Needle
    Cigarette Girl

Numbers runner
    Gang leader
    Backup Batista
    Announcer
    FixIt

• Reserved
  • hey Val,

You run the motor dueling, right? Run the numbers, all the betting, too? How did you get this sweet gig?
  • Val? I can call you Val right?
    Hey, which one of your regulars do you have security watch like a hawk? Why do you still put up with him?
    Which one are you always surprised to see back alive? Who did he piss off?
  • Val, does your fashion include armor? If so, what? If not... how come?
  • Rich said:

You run the motor dueling, right? Run the numbers, all the betting, too? How did you get this sweet gig?

Why, yes. I know you've heard of the Yacht Club. Who hasn't? It's set up in the old stadium, just as it was when my parents started the arena. It's a good place, a safe place, a civilized place to take your aggrievements and aggressions and maim, murder, or mayhem your way to peace.

Or gamble on the gladiators! The house is fair. There's no need for cheating when the skill of the brawlers, duelists and raceheads are laid out for all to see! My cut is small, the odds are good, the coffee is divine.

If you do not wish to press your face up to the very glass of the grill of the cars, I offer a more sedate box area where upstanding people can relax and watch from afar. Privacy is easily obtained for a modest fee.

I've worked hard to make this place everything my parents dreamed it could be after they met their untimely end. I already knew the numbers side, and my natural grace, talent, drive, and human understanding makes me a natural. My sibling didn't have the same work ethic as I do, but now that the Club is an unequivocal success, guess who wants in on the family business?
  • scott said:

Val? I can call you Val right?

If you must. I don't encourage it. I prefer to be called Valentine. There's a certain regality to the full sounds of my name. An echo to a grander age. My intimates know my preference on this matter.
    scott said:

Hey, which one of your regulars do you have security watch like a hawk? Why do you still put up with him?

One of Gates' people, Fremont, bears watching. Ever since Rei's accident, he's come around a time too many on his own. Usually, the man never places a bet or drinks a cup; he merely watches. I don't like not knowing what he's up to. Revenge, perhaps? Over an accident? Is he fascinated with the carnage? Does he wish it were him? Thieves and cheats and drunks I understand, and security can readily handle. A man who does nothing? It doesn't make sense.

I don't throw him out as he doesn't offend the decorum. Also... Gates is rather dashing.
    scott said:

Which one are you always surprised to see back alive? Who did he piss off?

Look, here he comes now. Sleater, the man with a thousand lives. He has terrible luck on the track and often has to work off his debts. Like his debt to the big man- Madison, he who runs the big still on the little bridge. Easy, cheap moonshine liquor, with an occasional better tumble if you're polite. Did you know that alcohol is very flammable? Sleater had proper fucked up and burned a healthy supply of the drink. He still has a few burn scars if you look. If you ask me, one day Sleater's luck will run out.
  • Rich said:

Val, does your fashion include armor? If so, what? If not... how come?

Not typically, no. Do you have any idea what it would do to these lines? To... my lines?They simply don't make fashion like they used to.

Now, I'm not stupid. When it's time to go out into danger, when I'm not working the crowd and the Club, I do wear a heavy leather longcoat to protect my lines. It's a little gauche, but I do like it. I fancy I look even more dap when the wind and the light catches me just so. And I'm a sucker for tails.