[Fury] Brown-Outs (SeaTac 3.1, Valentine 3.0)

2»

Comments

I'll talk to Pine and Valentine. "So listen. We had a deal, but if you're sticking around for dinner and shopping, well maybe we've watched your sixes long enough? We'll take off, collect that ride another time."
  • photo Valentine_zpssjfm5cvh.jpg

"Sounds fine, Runaround. There's no sense in rushing quality."

I haven't been by Matt's joint in several months. I remember how cold it was that day. I remember how casually warm and together the place seemed. I remember how rich the stew was. I remember how nobody seemed to be in a rush, and yet shit still got done and nobody got disgruntled. I remember how drab the place felt, no flash, no music, no attractions. I remember how annoyed I was that I wanted to go back.

SeaTac has my whole attention. Is he trying to welsh on a deal, or is he bored, or something else? I would imagine he'd prefer to take the ride home with Pine. I don't quite feel like he's running from a threat... perhaps an obligation to the boy. ""Everything dry, SeaTac, sir? Is something damp?"

I wrinkle my brow. "No? Nothing's damp, but we've already eaten and shopped. Been here for hours and already checked in with Her Lordship. I guess I thought the deal was less... open-ended. Thought you had a goal in mind and windmills to fix?"
  • edited August 2015
    photo Valentine_zpssjfm5cvh.jpg

With a change in mood like the sun coming out from behind clouds, I say, keeping a slight eye on Joey, "Ah, clarity prevails! Please forgive my misunderstanding and selfishness. I will miss your company and my backside being watched." My eye travels east to SafeCo in the distance. I think about the windmills. "The windmills do need their parts," I concede his wise point.

"Before you head off to parts east, wish me luck when I check in with His Ladyship?" I, of course, am playing off his possibly unintentional wordplay.

I nod. "Don't think you'll need luck. I'm hoping I left her better off than I found her. All part of my diplomatic portfolio, like they say, even if it wasn't part of the deal." There, see how fancy-pants Val deals with two four-syllable words in one sentence. "Pine, I know you can take care of yourself. You okay handling the talent, too?" I know Valentine can take care of zirself, seen it in action that once, but I hate to leave an obligation without a discharge.

SeaTac and Valentine,

Pine_of_Grimace
    Pine gives a lazy salute, throws an arm around Valentine, "I got Valley covered, SeaTac. Don't you fret. Think of Grimace and me on your long walk, and keep your powder dry, babe."

SeaTac, I'm assuming you're walking back, right?

Valentine, you're going to Matts, I'll set that up in a second.

Yep. Walking back. Keeping Joey close, but keeping up a string of talk about what he sees.

Valentine,

Please go here.

SeaTac,

Please go here.