[FURY] Hx and Highlights

edited May 2015 in Fury
Open thread for character Hx, Highlights, and related discussion.

Comments

• edited May 2015
    photo Dog3.png

Alrighty, so I'm thinking Gates once stood up to me, Gang and all.
    SeaTac thinks he can take me in a fight if it comes to it (he's not wrong).
    I think Bon used to ride in my gang.
  • edited May 2015
    Hx
    • Which one of you is my friend? For that character, write Hx+2.
    • Which one of you is my lover? For that character, write Hx+1.
    • Which one of you is in love with me? For that character, write Hx-1.
    For everyone else, write +1 or -1, you choose.

I reckon Dog is either my lover or my friend, since I'm in her gang. SeaTac would be my other idea for a lover -- August likes em tough.

I also like the idea of being friends or frenemies with Valentine. Gates seems like someone I would be afraid of -- so not friends but maybe a history there?

Bon is interesting -- I wonder how often she's fixed me up. There's a brainer too I think...I'm a little weird, so it could be fun to either have tension there or friendship or both.
  • edited May 2015

Hx

-Which of you are my followers?
    -One of you, I've seen your soul. Who?

Dog:
    Gates absolutely did that. We can work it out.

Not sure how I feel about August. Think I sort of like her, but perhaps not enough to be the answer to any of those questions.
    • Which one of you once left me bleeding, and did nothing for me?
    • Which one of you has fought shoulder to shoulder with me?
    • Which one of you is prettiest and/or smartest?
    I almost wish I was a follower of Gates, just for some structure and like that, but there ain't no Unit but The Unit. Gates might have seen my soul, though. Can't imagine it was very interesting.

I can take Dog in a fight, absolutely. Why is that a question?

• edited May 2015
    photo BonBannerSmall_zpsnuhliemn.jpg

I'm not feeling the riding with the gang Dog, unless it was long ago. I've been raising kids for 11 years. Maybe I stood up to you though? might be more surprising from a non combatant like me.
    I change this one... see below.

And Seatac, I'm thinking I left you bleeding. Maybe because it was you, or someone close to you that was the last one Nee healed.

August, I think I might be in love with you... your freedom, your beauty, your words, your elegance. Maybe it's love, maybe it's just envy. Not that it matters. I'm not a force of nature like Dog, stylish and self-assured like Valentine or full of Faith like Gates.

Which one of you do I think is doomed to self destruction? Maybe you, Dog? Maybe Seatac? Dog

Gates, I'm not a follower. My sister and I were raised by a cult, that's where the cross is from. We escaped. I'm suspicious of that kind of thing.

Which one of you put a hand in when it mattered and helped me save a life? Gates

Which one of you has been beside me all along and has seen everything I've seen?
  • edited May 2015
    photo Dog3.png

Although jsyk Laika has a kid, Joey, he's 13. She seems to make it work.

I'm pretty heedless of myself so yeah Bon probably thinks I'm doomed. I mean look at my face.

August, I could be your lover, if you're Valentine's friend. I can't get enough of your stories, and the rest of you is fun, beautiful, worth my time.. even if I don't think I get you.

Hey Bon.... Are you one of my people? You fit the bill. Hard working. Tryin' to help. No stranger to the symbol of our Lord....

Cool if yer not, just.... You seem like someone I'd have my eye on.
  • edited May 2015
    photo Valentine_zpssjfm5cvh.jpg

Which of you do I find most attractive?

One of you is my favorite?
  • edited May 2015

I take it back Dog. Your ladies would have been fine protection and you scrap a lot. I rode as support for quite a while. Not combat duty you understand.

I might have helped you out, Bon.

See? We're not all bad...
  • edited May 2015

August, me an' you, we're friends. We both know the shuck and the jive and the showpersonship.

Gates, you might've seen my soul. I figure you and yours been round my establishment for work a time or three.
  • edited May 2015
    photo Dog3.png

Uh no even I'm not dumb enough to risk you like that. I haven't quite gotten the message that you're doing your own thing now though.

I can get behind that, Valentine. I'll have to think about how I feel on what I saw in there...

Yeah, splash it, Bon, it was me that your sister spent her last breath on. I didn't ask for it. I was born ready to die, didn't ask for the bleeding help, but I stumbled in after the truck broke down a few miles back, pints down on blood, holes and broken bones. Curled up, ready to say "Goodnight, rain." Not afraid. But then she came and laid her hands on me, and all of a sudden my lungs were full of air again, and my gut wasn't leaking blood and bile, and I could see right.

Then you came, Bon, cursing and full of fury at your sister for going too far. I get it. I got it, even then. I get your anger at me, too. Like if Sarge decided to take a bullet for some bastard that wasn't part of The Unit, who the hell is that bastard, to take Sarge? I watched you watch your sister die, watched you save the baby... Mox.

True telling? I don't blame you for lettin me bleed a few months ago, the one time I ever came to you after that. You just looked at me and walked away, and that's fine, too. I healed, mostly. No limp, at least.
  • edited May 2015

Gates... Yeah you helped me. Cracked my shell a little on that front, which I find confusing.

Dog... yeah I rode with the gang long enough to see that part of you. I'm just waiting for the day they bring you to me too banged up for me to help. It'd be like N... Not that I care about that. Go away, I'm busy.
  • edited May 2015
    photo Dog3.png

Valentine, since my face took a left turn at disaster on the way to cute you probably don't find me attractive.

I might bring you a whole pack of customers but is that worth it?
  • edited May 2015

Dog, I thought about riding with you, did you know that? I like the idea of no responsibilities and do what the hell you want... but that's not who I am. Maybe I'll take a vacation, but who'd run the joint?

I confess you are right. Your rough edges are interesting, but I don't find you attractive.

• edited May 2015

SeaTac, I don't like to tell the story often- I prefer that others tell it about me.

I always assumed you were just scouting for water- that's why most people head outside in U-town. I had my own reasons besides water. I heard the gunfire, then the sound of hammers falling on empty- that's either a very awful sound, or a very good sound. It depends on if it's their gun or yours. When I snuck closer to see what the what, since you never know, I saw those tunnel rats advancing on you with club and stick. Lowlifes, half-feral humans, some who have been struck too much by the rain maybe. I knew who you were, besides a customer, and I decided the world was a more interesting place with you walking around in it and stepped up to intervene. I slit two throats before the others knew. You saw me do it.

I offered you a cigarette, after.
  • edited May 2015

Valentine,

I don't know why but I think I'm your favorite. It doesn't make sense to me really, I'm not flashy or anything, downright dull next to a lot of people you know. But still, you helped me get the infirmary set up, and you're always so supportive.
  • edited May 2015

I make people uncomfortable. People do not relax around me, do not sleep. But one of you has. I wonder if you know. I could not tell. I usually can tell. I send Spider, but still, I could not tell. Maybe you were close to death. Maybe you have will of steel.

I wear mostly black. I have a hood to hide my pale skin when I watch you. Sometimes, I look so deep I imagine I feel you breathe. I wonder how your breath would feel. Sometimes, I wonder all night. But I never get have never gotten close enough to know. I am careful. Always so, so careful... I wonder if you know, if you suspect that I watch you.

Mostly, people hide their fear of me, their distrust in me, their disgust for what I am. You do not. You obviously dislike me and distrust me. I am deciding if that is refreshing or is irritating.

• edited May 2015

Woods.

He's a decent sort, for sure as the rain is hard. Soft, kind face, even though he's seen a lot. And he makes a good cup o' coffee. Mmm, brother, if you just smell it you'll be awake for two days thankin' Christ our Lord for givin' you the old factory senses he did.

Too bad he's gonna walk with a limp the rest o' his days. Could have been worse, though. Bon did a good thing that evening. I guess'n we did too, I suppose. Just right place at right time. We were a roof over his home while she worked on him. Some rough folks passin' through wanted his beans. Can't says I blame 'em, but you don't just do that. One of 'em smashed his knee and Woods still wouldn't let go of his bag of 'em. He was clutchin' it to his chest and screamin' and cryin'. Break yer heart. One of em pulled out a gun and shot him right in the gut.

It was the screamin' and the shootin' that brought us over. By the time we were there, Bon had walked right up to Woods like there weren't five hard lookin' folks standin' over him and just started her work. The rough folks looked so confused when she did, the whole thing was almost worth it to see the fool looks on 'ere faces. Bon does the Lord's work, though, she does. So we weren't about to let 'em interrupt the Lord's work. So we stood in between them and Bon while she pulled that bullet out of Woods. Screamed himself sick, he did. The rough folks made threats and pointed guns but the Lord helped us stand firm that day.

They left without the beans. Woods limps but he's alive. Bon did that. Not sure she thinks much of us, don't act like it, anyway, but the Lord works in mysterious ways, don't he now? Maybe she'll come around.

Praise be.
  • edited May 2015
    Seatac is the name of the one I watch. I do not know why he is called that. It is a strange name. Perhaps a military name. He is a warrior, it is certain. He is like me. A tool of others. A weapon. He knows what he is. His tattoo says so. I watch because tools cannot be trusted. I cannot be trusted. So, Seatac, like me, cannot be trusted. I do not think he knows I watch. I cannot be sure.
  • edited May 2015
    photo Dog3.png

If I've slept around you I probably knew it, Vignette. I'm a real light sleeper, and I like to be surrounded by bodies when I snooze. If there weren't enough and you were just creepin around, you got yanked in, with your little squawks of 'But no, Spider!' and all. You had a pulse and a funny face which is enough when I'm groggy.
  • edited May 2015

Valentine, it was easy to become friends with you, although a certain envy lurks beneath that friendship on my part. You've found a way to stay put and not lose yourself.

Bon, I know you're in love with me. It gives me a strange thrill. Most of the time, being with someone, skin to skin, is no big deal for me. But with you, it'd be a lot more than that, so instead of just enjoying each other, I get gunshy with you, nervous. And then take out all that frustrated energy on Dog.

Vignette, you give me the visceral creeps. So don't like you and I don't trust you with a ten foot poll. I tried to warn Dog about you, but she wouldn't hear it.

Gates quotes the Bible, like Sarge used to, and he seems to be able to organize. I'm pretty sure he's the smartest rain-dodger I've met recently. I mean, he's no Sarge, or even Radar, but...
  • photo Valentine_zpssjfm5cvh.jpg

Bon,

You are correct. You are my favorite. I'll tell people that living customers are better than dead customers, and give them my number five laugh. But I know a little of your history, of what happened with your sister and your niblings, and I wish my own sibling would do as much for me. I keep this close to my heart: if someone like you, or your sister, were this close for my parents, they would have lived and I would not be as alone.

Excuse me, I need to check on the tea. The pot is nearly done brewing.
  • photo BonBannerSmall_zpsnuhliemn.jpg

Valentine, I highlight you. Highlight your Hot... let's see that social acumen.

Gates highlights me.
  • Valentine, please also highlight your Sharp.
  • Bon- you highlight sharp, of course.

Valentine highlights me.
  • edited May 2015
    Vignette, highlight weird, you creep. xo

Valentine, please highlight me.
  • Vignette, also highlight Hot.
  • edited May 2015

Gates, I would like to see your Sharp side.

August, my dear, be Hot. As if you could not be.

Oh. Gates highlights me, as well as the MC.
  • Gates, also highlight Weird.
    Bon, please also highlight Hot.
  • SeaTac, you're doing hard, of course.
  • SeaTac, also highlight Sharp
  • August, also highlight Weird.
  • Gates, plz to highlight me and forgive my lengthy ignorance.
  • Oh yeah, and Dog- Highlight hard, of course, as well.
  • Alright Dog, also highlight Hot.
    brown chicken brown cow