A few days have passed since the big shindig at Yellowhouse. The inside gang of Safeco has grown, picking up new bodies from around the outskirts, paying them with safecoins, and handing them guns and weapons. Complaints from folks being roughed up for minor infractions have reached the Yacht Club, but you've been unscathed so far. The inside gang has started roaming outside
, too. In trucks and cars. Right now, it seems like the Admiral's rattling his saber. He hasn't made any big announcements about his plans, yet.
Today, however, is Motor Duel Day! The Witch of Pike has declared markets closed, and the Yacht Club is incredibly busy. There are no empty seats even though the motor duel is hours away. Safeco folk and Pikers sit elbow to elbow, eating and drinking, arguing about the big matches to come. HM is seated at the Admiral's table, as is Hope and the Admiral, of course.
Also, there's a hotshot new driver from up north who the Admiral seems to know. He's angling to get worked into the Motor Duel and doesn't yet know that you
are the person to talk with, Valentine
, Buck came by to ask you to entertain. He made a point to tell you he doesn't trust HM or his people to do as good a job as you'd do. The Grindhouse has been doing very well
lately, with more security around Pike (from Admiral's inside gang patrolling the outskirts). Why did you agree to come to the Yacht Club? Are you entertaining for Safecoins, or here for some other reason? Did you bring anyone?Valentine
, let's see how the day is shaping up for you and yours. Please roll+Hot. On a hit, choose options. On a 7-9, choose two. On a 10+, choose three.
- You're able to keep the kitchen and bar stocked, though food portions are smaller than normal and Ivar watered down the beer
- Admiral is covering the bets with Safecoins for a cut, which means you can take three times as many bets with almost no risk, but he'll take a cut of the profits
- You hired a few extra helpers for the Yacht Club and your staff is keeping up with food and drink orders, keeping the throng happy and the jingle flowing
- Somehow you worked a deal with the Tax Patrol to send a team or riders for some bloodsport, which, of course, means you can narrow their numbers (if, that's what you want)
- Needle's keeping security well enough that you don't need any of the inside gang in here
On a miss, disaster!